PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a dragonlance feat...I think

Korivan
2009-09-13, 09:49 AM
I recall seeing a feat posted on these forums that increases the dice caps for spells. I think it did more, but I dont recall, and I don't know what source its from.

AslanCross
2009-09-13, 09:54 AM
This may be what you are looking for: Enhance Spell. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#enhanceSpell)

It's epic, though.

Eloel
2009-09-13, 10:48 AM
It's not that. There is a dragonlance feat that REMOVES the caps. Hilarity ensues as Greater Dispel Magic is completely pointless.

Keld Denar
2009-09-13, 10:50 AM
Reserves of Strength, Dragonlance Campaign Setting, page 86

Just looked it up yesterday.

Korivan
2009-09-13, 12:25 PM
From what I can ready, you only max an additional +3 caster level. Still, pretty cool. Any way beyond becoming undead or construct to avoid the stun?

sofawall
2009-09-13, 12:26 PM
No, you add 3 CL, and remove the cap. These are two separate effects.

Doc Roc
2009-09-13, 12:37 PM
Seventy Seven ways, my favorite being favor of the martyr.

Keld Denar
2009-09-13, 12:38 PM
Favor of the Martyr makes you immune. Its a Paladin4 spells in SpC, replicatable with Lim Wish.

Veil of Undeath treats you as an undead. Its pretty high level though. Origionally in LM, I think it was reprinted in SpC as well.

Quick Recovery in Lords of Madness allows to to eliminate most deblitating effects on you. This would probably be the best solution, since being immune to stun means you take a bunch of damage. QR doesn't make you immune, just allows you to shrug it off more quickly.

Third Eye: Clarity in the MIC does something similar to QR, but only once per day. Still, at 3000g each with no attunement, you could in theory buy multiple and use 1 per combat.

Melamoto
2009-09-13, 01:38 PM
Quick Recovery in Lords of Madness allows to to eliminate most deblitating effects on you. This would probably be the best solution, since being immune to stun means you take a bunch of damage. QR doesn't make you immune, just allows you to shrug it off more quickly.

Assuming fractional saves, max Will saves all the time, and assuming no extra bonuses to your save, then the required roll to break free from the stun is:
(Your Casting stat modifier - Your Wisdom modifier) +2. Thus, with a Wisdom modifier 1 higher than your Casting Stat, only a Natural 1 will fail you. If you find a way to make Natural 1s not effect you, then as long as your Wisdom modifier is 2 higher than your casting stat modifier, you will always succeed to break the stun.

Keep in mind, however, that you only break free at the start of your turn, so you will be stunned until then. That means that the enemies can have a picnic. No Celerity or other Immediate Actions either.

Korivan
2009-09-13, 01:47 PM
Are you sure there is two seperat effects?

Reserves of Strength:
Prerequisistes: Iron Will, spellcaster level 1
Benefit: When you cast a spell, you can decide to increase your caster level with that spell by 1, 2, or 3, but you are stunned for an equal number of rounds immediately after doing so. Your increased caster level affects all level based variables of the spell, including range, are of effect, spell penetration, and the difficulty of dispelling the spell. You can exceed the normal level-fixed limits of a spell with this feat, so a 9th level wiard could use Reserves of Strength to cast a fireball as a 12th level wizard and deal 12d6 fire damage.If you are not subject to stunning effects, you instead suffer 1d6, 3d6, or 5d6 points of damage when you call upon your Reserves of Strength feat.

I keep reading this over and over but its pretty clear there is only one effect... Can anybody tell me how they see otherwise.

Doc Roc
2009-09-13, 01:48 PM
Third Eye: Clarity in the MIC does something similar to QR, but only once per day. Still, at 3000g each with no attunement, you could in theory buy multiple and use 1 per combat.

Done this. Works well. Felt dirty.

Are you sure there is two seperat effects?
I keep reading this over and over but its pretty clear there is only one effect... Can anybody tell me how they see otherwise.

I consider it two separate effects.