PDA

View Full Version : The Video Game Appreciation Thread

Flarowon
2009-09-13, 12:41 PM
Hello. This thread has no purpose but for you to scream to the world,I LIKE X VIDEO GAME!!! There are probably 52000 other exact copies of this, but who cares. Just name a game/series you like/dislike, give a reason (or don't) and pass the buck to the next person.

Note: this is my first thread, so please don't take me outside and shoot me if it's terrible.

Haruki-kun
2009-09-13, 12:45 PM
I LIKED SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE!

I don't understand why people make it sound like it's such a terrible game.

Flarowon
2009-09-13, 12:53 PM
I LIKED OKAMI FOR THE WII!

Yay! I already got a reply! Thank you, Haruki-kun!

Miss Nobody
2009-09-13, 12:57 PM
I Liked The Witcher For The Grey And Grey Morality!

blackouttwo
2009-09-13, 01:24 PM
I LIKED KotOR FOR THE FACT THAT I COULD RUN A BLASTER-WIELDING JEDI!

KotOR II was good as well. >_>

chiasaur11
2009-09-13, 01:57 PM
I liked Marathon 2: Durandal because you can shoot two double barreled shotguns at once.

I'm a man of simple tastes.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-13, 02:05 PM
I like Pokemon (Gen I, Gen III and Gen IV), Digimon World, Street Fighter, Metal Slug, Shrek SuperSlam, Tekken (3, 4 and Tag Tournament), Destroy All Humans, Timesplitters 2 and the LEGO games.

endoperez
2009-09-13, 03:08 PM
I like Dominions 3 because it's the best fantasy TBS strategy game with 300-page paper manual around.

I like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (a roguelike) for its fairness, and the amount of skill it demands.

Volug
2009-09-13, 04:58 PM
I LIKED OKAMI FOR THE WII!

Yay! I already got a reply! Thank you, Haruki-kun!

Beat me. >__>

Oslecamo
2009-09-13, 05:33 PM
I LIKED HOLY MAGIC CENTURIES FOR THE N64!

Yes it's critics were awfull, yes it had no freaking monetary system, and yes it wasn't that well designed but I still LOVE the combat system and it was my first RPG, as in game where the main character levels up and goes around learning spells and killing enemies and stuff.

Gamerlord
2009-09-13, 06:28 PM
I Like Too Many Video Games To Count!

Oregano
2009-09-13, 06:39 PM
I liked Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time because of the insanely fun mutliplayer!

I really do love that game though, great fun, well underrated.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-13, 06:41 PM
I liked Front Mission on DS!

But I Royd's side, but the other team is a lot harder. I'm trying now.

Geno9999
2009-09-13, 06:44 PM
WE APPRECIATE YOU!!! (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=66) I LIKED LEGEND OF ZELDA: WIND WAKER!
That game to me was actually better than OoT. The only real problem I could think of is that it doesn't have enough true dungeons. *Waits for angry mob*

Vorpal word
2009-09-13, 06:45 PM
I like Fire Emblem games in general. It's a weird blend of RPG and TBS strategy, and I really like it.

SurlySeraph
2009-09-13, 07:08 PM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Unwieldy name aside, there are few games that combine "Tactics!" and "Mutants are trying to bite your face off!" so successfully.

Assassin89
2009-09-13, 07:15 PM
I enjoyed the pokemon games, Kingdom Hearts I and II, Magic Pengel the Quest for Color, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates, Legend of Zelda: Windwaker, Oracle of Seasons, Link's awakening, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64, Yoshi's Story, and many other games.

Pie Guy
2009-09-13, 07:29 PM
Prototype was fun.

psilontech
2009-09-13, 09:47 PM
i Liked X-com: Ufo Defense!

warty goblin
2009-09-13, 09:48 PM
I like games. In particular open world shooters. Keep making them please.

Heroic
2009-09-13, 10:05 PM
I LIKED THE WITCHER!

Sooo cool morality system

Lord of Rapture
2009-09-13, 10:08 PM
I LIKED YGGDRA UNION AND KINGDOM HEARTS!

So don't say I only like GRIMDARK, guys. :smalltongue:

Zevox
2009-09-13, 11:53 PM
I LIKE CHICKENS EDDY!

Oh wait, video games, right...

I LIKE DRAGON QUEST 8! Best traditional-style JRPG ever. ("Wait, you mean I have to actually beat Dhoulmagus' second form?!")

I like Fire Emblem games in general. It's a weird blend of RPG and TBS strategy, and I really like it.
It's called a Tactical RPG. It's an entire genre, with plenty of other games in it besides the Fire Emblem series (though Fire Emblem did create the genre). Disgaea, for instance, is another great game of the same kind.

Zevox

Optimystik
2009-09-14, 12:31 AM
I LIKED JADE EMPIRE!

For, you know, being a Kung-Fu RPG that worked.

UnChosenOne
2009-09-14, 01:22 AM
I liked from Jurassic Park:Tresspasser! Yes. It's controls suck and AI was weak,but it was more than worth of it at end.

Athaniar
2009-09-14, 05:22 AM
I like Age of Wonders II!
It's an excellent fantasy TBS with a very good editor.

I like Warcraft III!
Come on, it's Warcraft III. A perfect RTS with interesting RPG elements and the best editor ever (at least until we get a sequel).

I like World of Warcraft!
Obviously, I'm not alone.

I like Age of Empires II!
The perfect pure RTS. No uneccesary elements, just pure real-time strategy. Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds is also a good game.

I like Neverwinter Nights and Knights of the Old Republic!
Both are excellent RPGs made by the excellence that is BioWare. I don't care much for the sequels, though.

I like Star Wars Battlefront II!
It's a fun Battlefield-esque game, and it's even better with that big mod, even though I haven't gotten it to work properly yet.

I like ROM Check Fail!
It's very simple, but certainly addictive.

I like GoldenEye!
Probably the best game ever.

I like Majora's Mask!
The best Zelda game in my opinion, with an absolutely intriguing plot. I also like Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker.

I like Perfect Dark!
It's like GoldenEye, but with a more coherent story and more advanced elements.

I like Super Mario 64!
Still unbeatable in its genre.

I like Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
The perfect fighting game.

I like Mario Kart Wii!
Racing with the Mario characters is fun. So is blowing them to smithereens with homing missiles.

I like Super Mario RPG!
I've not played it for that long, but it's a very good game.

Uber_Drow
2009-09-15, 08:24 PM
I <3 First Person Shooter Games

Rogue 7
2009-09-15, 10:07 PM
I Love Everything about Halo 3!

And I'm a Sad panda that I don't have a 360 here in my room for ODST.

Dark Faun
2009-09-15, 10:41 PM
I LIKED FALLOUT 3!

Say what you will about this game, I didn't have so much fun in years. :smallsmile:

nosignal
2009-09-15, 10:45 PM
I loved Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, but according to Wikipedia it's not going to be released for the PC :smallfrown:

littlequietguy
2009-09-15, 11:59 PM
I Love Bit Trip Beat!

KBF
2009-09-16, 01:08 AM
I believe The World Ends With You was awesome.

It had an amazing aesthetic, the story was decently thought provoking, and the combat system was unique blend of action and RPG that took advantage of the DS features without feeling overtly gimmicky, in a way both recognized and explained by the story, as well as implemented in a fashion complimenting the urban aesthetic. The characters were great, and their stories were amazing, and in a unique turn the main character had a decent reason for being involved yet had very little obligatory angsty backstory instead opting to give him his purpose as you play him. The brilliant backstories were instead given to the supporting cast, who reveal them in very natural and fitting ways through the dialogue. And yes, that means there is a lot of dialogue, and there's only so much the game can do to make the dialogue interesting visually, but I happen to not mind a bit of reading. And holy crap this is going on longer than it should, I love this game.

Alex Knight
2009-09-16, 02:57 AM
I enjoyed Final Fantasy X-2 because it gave Yuna and Tidus a happy @#%$@Q ending!

Kzickas
2009-09-16, 03:22 AM
I liked KOTOR2, more than I did KOTOR

Zevox
2009-09-16, 08:48 AM
Edit: Ah, nevermind, this is supposed to be an "appreciation" thread - disagreeing with someone and saying I disliked what they liked is just going to derail the thread.

Zevox

Anung Un Rama
2009-09-23, 10:40 AM
I FREAKIN' LOVED PSYCHONAUTS
because in no other game can you; fight a psychic bear, encounter a secret agent wearing a wig and an apron who talks disjointedly about pies, set fire to a squirrel with your mind or terrorize a society of talking lungfish in a manner not unlike godzilla!

Zen Monkey
2009-09-23, 11:20 AM
I am still fascinated by Planescape: Torment and Silent Hill 2.

I guess I like immersion and atmosphere, enough that I'd actually want to see Sigil and Toluca Lake, even though they are terrible places to go.

Zevox
2009-09-23, 11:24 AM
I FREAKIN' LOVED PSYCHONAUTS
because in no other game can you; fight a psychic bear, encounter a secret agent wearing a wig and an apron who talks disjointedly about pies, set fire to a squirrel with your mind or terrorize a society of talking lungfish in a manner not unlike godzilla!
I agree, but you forgot the best part:

THE MILKMAN CONSPIRACY!

Best. Level. Ever.

Zevox