PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] 2H Weapons with Multiweapon Fighting?

EnnPeeCee
2009-09-13, 03:59 PM
So, if a character has, say 4 arms, does this enable them to fight with two 2H weapons?

And if so, would Two Weapon Fighting, or Multiweapon Fighting apply to it?

Also, would both weapons receive the full 1.5x Strength mod to them?

woodenbandman
2009-09-13, 04:19 PM
1: Yes.
2: Multiweapon Fighting. You specifically must take Multiweapon Fighting if you have 3+ hands. Which doesn't matter, it's the same modifier, note it says "see two weapon fighting"
3: No, it's your off hand. You just happen to have 2 off hands on one weapon.

So my opinion is: -4 penalty with each weapon, you get the 2 handed power attack bonus, but you still apply half your strength on your "off handed" attack.

Ask your DM though. I'm going by what I read in the rules, I'd be willing to allow 1xSTR on your "offhand" attack. Then again I would generally disallow multi-armed races to speed up the game.

Keewatin
2009-09-13, 04:29 PM
I remember normal 2 armed guys using armor spikes ass offhands for a 2h weapon and getting 1.5x str on the main attack .5 on the spikes.

Mechanically it works but power attack does more for the same penalties. I seem to recall rules for using more then 2 hands on 1 weapon I think savage species had things like 2.5x str for using 4 hands but you needed to get specially made weapons:smallconfused:

EnnPeeCee
2009-09-13, 11:38 PM
Alright, that's what I was figuring, but thought I'd check just to be sure.

BooNL
2009-09-14, 09:30 AM
I can't wrap my head around how silly a character would look wielding two greatswords. Maybe a greatsword in the upper arms and a spear in the lower arms would work.

Alternatively, how about a thri-kreen dual wielding dire flails? :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2009-09-14, 09:33 AM
I can't wrap my head around how silly a character would look wielding two greatswords. Maybe a greatsword in the upper arms and a spear in the lower arms would work.

Alternatively, how about a thri-kreen dual wielding dire flails? :smallbiggrin:
Nah, got a better one: a thri-kreen dual wielding gyrspikes! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

RagnaroksChosen
2009-09-14, 09:38 AM
I guess it depends on the race..

If we are talking about thri-keens they do not have off hands as far as there arms oare concerned. Then can wield two two handers and only take the -2 penilty for multi weapon fighting.