PDA

View Full Version : Zombie RPG

theTroll
2009-09-14, 03:01 PM
For quiet some time I wanted to run a zombie apocalypse game. I have looked at a lot of systems to try to make this happen. Well none of them seemed to work until I remembered a game I played back in the 90s.

Twilight 2000. It seems to be the perfect game for this.

If any of you have played the game and have ideas, let me know your comments or concerned.

theTroll

ScreamingDoom
2009-09-14, 08:44 PM
Did you look at All Flesh Must Be Eaten?

It's a game specifically designed around zombie apocalypses, including neat rules for making the zombies. You can have classic Romero type zombies (weak individually, but coming in massive numbers), Massive Undead Engines of Destruction (strong individually, but there's only a tiny number) or anything in between. The rules for zombies include the diet, weaknesses, intelligence, central cause, etc and there are also a number of Deadworlds (campaign settings) to inspire the imagination.

Froogleyboy
2009-09-14, 08:48 PM
whoa, as soon as I clicked on this, the "Zombieland" commercial came on

Zeta Kai
2009-09-14, 10:16 PM
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
[/thread]

Seriously, it is the best zombie RPG by far. Many options, cool mechanics, brutal rules. Fun-fun.

Another_Poet
2009-09-14, 11:07 PM
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
[/thread]

Seriously, it is the best zombie RPG by far. Many options, cool mechanics, brutal rules. Fun-fun.

haha... not anymore. I feel it has now been knocked from its position of supremacy.

Check out Zombie Cinema.

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14466.phtml

If you are looking for an epic, months-long gothic horror campaign, then stick with one of the more conventional systems. But if you want to live out a modern zombiepocalypse story, lay down all other rulebooks and worship the Zombie Cinema, new master of the genre.

ap

theTroll
2009-09-15, 12:35 AM
I did read the "All Flesh must be Eaten" rule book and it is not terrible it is also not exactly what I was looking for.

I wanted one that was a bit better with the realistic combat. Twilight 2k has that in spades. The reason I didn't like running campains with it was the if a person happen to take rifle round to the head even with a helmet on, it was time to start rolling up a new character. It was realistic but it was also brutal on the poor players.

Now if they are fighting zombies they don't have to worry about being shot in the head so it gets rid of that problem. We did some play testing and it was cool because they would empty two or three clips from a 9 mm to get a zombie to finally go down. But if they had time to go for head shots with M4s they could drop them pretty quickly.

So I guess it is more of a play style issue.

theTroll