PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Unseen Servant -D&D 3.5

Ichneumon
2009-09-14, 03:03 PM
So, I felt like converting the unseen servant spell to psionics as the main turn off for me, for flavour reasons, for playing a Shaper was that I wasn't able to create constructs that would last for more than a few seconds. So, here it is. Would it be unbalanced and would there be any reason you wouldn't allow it in your games?

Astral Servant
Metacreativity (Creation)
Level: Shaper 1
Display: Visual; see text
Manifesting Time: 1 round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One mindless servant of ectoplasm
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: None
Power Resistance: No
Power Points: 1

The astral servant is a mindless blob of raw ectoplasm, shaped in a vaguely humanoid form, that performs simple tasks at your command. It can run and fetch things, open unstuck doors, and hold chairs, as well as clean and mend. The servant can perform only one activity at a time, but it repeats the same activity over and over again if told to do so as long as you remain within range. It can open only normal doors, drawers, lids, and the like. It has an effective Strength score of 2 (so it can lift 20 pounds or drag 100 pounds). It can’t perform any task that requires a skill check with a DC higher than 10 or that requires a check using a skill that can’t be used untrained. Its speed is 15 feet.

The servant cannot attack in any way; it is never allowed an attack roll. It cannot be killed, but it dissipates if it takes 6 points of damage from area attacks. (It gets no saves against attacks.) If you attempt to send it beyond the power’s range (measured from your current position), the servant ceases to exist.

Augment
For every additional power points you spend, the effective strength score of the astral servant increases by one.

Would it be too much if I allowed augmenting it so that it might get a fly or swim speed?