PDA

View Full Version : Good Games For The Wii

Green-Shirt Q
2009-09-14, 04:05 PM
I am an owner of a Wii. I have always loved Nintendo. However, I have decided to perform an experiment to actually put the Wii into perspective.

Some (even I, a while ago) say that there is a shortage of really good games for the Wii. That the Wii has shown potential for greatness, but keeps blowing it on "Casual" games (But please, let us not debate the meaning of that term, please). It has also been said that Wii owners are lowering their standards of what fun is to accommodate the Wii.

Then again, could it just be that we're being too cynical and that we just write off anything on the Wii that we're not familiar with as casual? This is a complex matter.

I have decided to list all the games for the Wii that I have played and thought were good. Or decent. I would like it if you were to help me with this list with good games that I have missed. I do not play certain genres (like role-playing game, real time stratagy, first person shooters, the list continues) so if you do, feel free to make your own lists and post them here.

This is mainly an experiment so see how many good games there actually are for the Wii, but it is also so that, if there are any games any of us might have missed, we might try them out.

Also, I realize that quality in a game is subjective, and that casual games are fun to some people if you're a mother. The definition of quality in a game is "Did I have fun playing it?" If you would like to post games that you have had fun with, even if they are casual, feel free.

{table="head"]Game Title|Genre|How Good I think It Is|
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed|Third-person shooter|Okay, but not great
de Blob|Platformer/Puzzle Game|Good for a Wii game
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast|Racing Game|Pretty good
Mario Kart Wii|Racing Game|Meh. It was okay. I guess.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games|Sports Game|Fairly good
Mario Strikers Charged| Sports Game| Very good
No More Heroes| Hack 'n Slash| Very good
Rayman Raving Rabbids|Minigame Collection|Very good
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2|Minigame Collection|Meh
Super Paper Mario| Platformer/RPG| Very good
Super Mario Galaxy| Platformer| VERY GOOD INDEED
Super Smash Bros.|Fighting Game|PURE AWESOME
Star Trek Conquest|Strategy game| Okay, but my opinion might have been affected by my suckage at the game and unfamiliarity with the genre.
Wario Land Shake It|Platformer|Very Good
Wii Sports|Sports game|Pretty good
Wii Sports Resort| Sports Game| Pretty good [/table]

So, if you have any Wii games YOU thought were good, go ahead and post them! Please! I, for one, am interested.

Oregano
2009-09-14, 04:10 PM
Does this count Wiiware because if so Final Fantasy IV: The After Years is a great game, tad overpriced though.

Mando Knight
2009-09-14, 04:12 PM
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Once a must-have, now a must-skip because...
Metroid Prime Trilogy not only has Metroid Prime 3 in its entirety, but also its predecessors, updated to the Wii's technology.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: A must-have. Full stop.

SilentDragoon
2009-09-14, 04:18 PM
The games that I liked that are missing from your list (most likely because they fit into the rpg section) are Tales of Symphonia and Zelda:TP. It's not RTS, so you also might want to try Fire Emblem. Those three games are probably most of the time that I've spent on my Wii (actually, just Zelda and Fire Emblem would do that).

Edit:
That is...
Fire Emblem | Strategy? | Pure Win
Zelda | RPG | Fun even if most of the items are one shot
Tales | Hack n' Slash/RPG? | Great gameplay mechanics... but I dislike the main characters...

Geno9999
2009-09-14, 04:27 PM
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn: Good Strategy RPG, and a great story.
SBCG4AP (Wiiware): Funny, Great Point and Click adventure. Also related, try Tales of Monkey Island too.
If you're not picky for GCN/older games...
LoZ: Wind Waker: Good Action Adventure game.
LoZ: Ocarina of Time: Another good adventure.
Mario Kart 64: Not much for unlockables, and really kinda makes you want Mario Kart Wii, but a good game nonetheless.

Drascin
2009-09-14, 04:48 PM
You might want to give Muramasa a try as well. It seems to be getting decent reviews and it looks fun.

Vic_Sage
2009-09-14, 05:33 PM
You might want to give Muramasa a try as well. It seems to be getting decent reviews and it looks fun.
Other than No More Heroes and Tatsunoku vs Capcom Muramasa is pretty the only good game on the horizion for the Wii. Everything else looks like pure ****.

Mando Knight
2009-09-14, 05:38 PM
Other than No More Heroes and Tatsunoku vs Capcom Muramasa is pretty the only good game on the horizion for the Wii. Everything else looks like pure ****.

Metriod: The Other M.

The otherwise untitled Zelda Wii.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Huh. That's three more... double what you had going...

Triaxx
2009-09-14, 05:45 PM
Resident Evil 4, buy it if you don't have it, rent it if you do, it's worth the experience with the Wiimote.

Okami is supposed to be good but I have no experience.

Bully is the same as RE4.

Woot Spitum
2009-09-14, 06:01 PM
The new Silent Hill looks pretty awesome. I'd say I'm looking forward to it more than any other game that's slated to come out.

Oregano
2009-09-14, 06:03 PM

Really? Crystal Bearers, Monster Hunter Tri and Tales of Grace?

You must be very hard to impress because there's a load of awesome upcoming games.

Vic_Sage
2009-09-14, 06:21 PM
Really? Crystal Bearers, Monster Hunter Tri and Tales of Grace?

You must be very hard to impress because there's a load of awesome upcoming games.
I'm meh about Crystal Bearers right now, forgot about Tales of Graces *Which I actually wanna play* and didn't know about MH Tri.

Mando Knight- I haven't given a **** about Mario since the SNES seeing how all games since then suck horribly and Brawl was a massive disappointment due to Clones and the ****tiest online setup I've ever seen for a fighting game. Other M and Untitled Zelda are a long ways off so I didn't include them.

Zevox
2009-09-14, 06:39 PM
Leaving aside those The Q listed and strictly listing those I liked at least minimally, I'd say:

{table="head"]Game Title|Genre|My Opinion of it.
Dawn of Discovery|City Builder Sim|Fun, but short.
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn|Tactical RPG| Great, possibly my favorite Fire Emblem.
Little King's Story|Pikmin. Yes, that's a genre now.|Very Good
Mad World|Beat-em-up/Gorefest|Very fun, but short. Great replay value though.
Mega Man 9|Platformer|Great, if you're into old-school, Nintendo-Hard Mega Man.
Metroid Prime 3|First-Person Adventure/Shooter|Great, but get Trilogy instead now.
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams|Action/Platformer|Decent, mostly had an enjoyable atmosphere.
Sonic and the Black Knight|Action|Mostly meh, but fun enough to rent once.
Batallion Wars 2|Strategy|Decent
Sonic Unleashed|Action/Platformer|Good Sonic stages, but everything else sucked.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed|Action|Very fun, but short, simple, and poor story.
Tales of Symphonia 2|Action RPG|Good, but noticeably inferior to its predecessor.
Zelda: Twilight Princess |Action/Adventure| Excellent, but easy.
[/table]

For the games that The Q mentioned that I have played:
Sonic and the Secret Rings|Action/Platformer|Horrible
Super Paper Mario|Adventure/Platformer|Good, but inferior to the rest of the series.
Super Smash Brothers Brawl|Fighting|Excellent, best game on the Wii.
Super Mario Galaxy|Platformer|Great, but easy.
[/table]

Zevox

Aura Nightbane
2009-09-14, 06:54 PM
Muramasa: The Demon Blade is a great action rpg, though its more action and less rpg.

Copper8642
2009-09-14, 06:57 PM
Swords and Soldiers is Wiiware, and the first game I know of to make RTS games fun on a console.

Lord Seth
2009-09-14, 07:20 PM
Mando Knight- I haven't given a **** about Mario since the SNES seeing how all games since then suck horriblyIt's unclear whether you're talking about just Mario games or all games in general, but I'll assume you're referring to Mario. Are you actually claiming that Super Mario 64 "sucked horribly"? Seriously? And if we're not limiting ourselves to platformers, the Paper Mario series was good as was Mario & Luigi...

Vic_Sage
2009-09-14, 07:48 PM
It's unclear whether you're talking about just Mario games or all games in general, but I'll assume you're referring to Mario. Are you actually claiming that Super Mario 64 "sucked horribly"? Seriously? And if we're not limiting ourselves to platformers, the Paper Mario series was good as was Mario & Luigi...
I mean the Mario series as a whole with the Exception of the Smash series. And yes, I found Mario 64 dreadfully boring.

Cristo Meyers
2009-09-14, 08:03 PM
Okami is supposed to be good but I have no experience.

It's exceptional. It uses the motion controls for the basic attacks, which can take a bit of getting used to, but the visuals are great and the overall game itself is wonderful. Once you get the hang of drawing the various spells it makes for something that is actually somewhat different than the norm.

Vic_Sage
2009-09-14, 08:04 PM
I heard *But I'm not sure* there were some problems with the Wii version of Okami. But whether you have a PS2 or a Wii you can't go wrong with Okami.

Cristo Meyers
2009-09-14, 08:10 PM
My main issues are the motion controls for basic attacks (which is just a personal thing, I just completely fail to see the appeal) and that sometimes the game is pretty finicky about how well you draw the spell. The game has crashed on me once, though.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-09-14, 09:04 PM
For the games that The Q mentioned that I have played:
Sonic and the Secret Rings|Action/Platformer|Horrible

You know what? I totally agree. It was boring as hell. I think I actually included it in the list by mistake. I think I was thinking of a different Sonic game that wasn't for the Wii. Which is weird, considering what I put down as it's fun level. :confused:

But still, hypothetically speaking, I suggest not trashing games just because other people say they like them. If I really did like Sonic and the Secret Rings, I probably wouldn't have liked that and you could've kept that fact to yourself. I bet you probably wouldn't have mentioned that unless I have accidentally placed it in the first post.

I mean the Mario series as a whole with the Exception of the Smash series. And yes, I found Mario 64 dreadfully boring.

I think this has less to do with the Mario series sucking, as I and literally billions of fans will disagree with you, and more to do with you not liking that sort of game.

I can complain till the cows come home that every single first person shooter in the world sucks and I'll be equally as wrong as you are. It's just because I'm not a fan of the genre.

Vic_Sage
2009-09-14, 09:07 PM
I think this has less to do with the Mario series sucking, as I and literally billions of fans will disagree with you, and more to do with you not liking that sort of game.

I can complain till the cows come home that every single first person shooter in the world sucks and I'll be equally as wrong as you are. It's just because I'm not a fan of the genre.
No, I love platformers, I just feel the mario series suck.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-09-14, 09:09 PM
No, I love platformers, I just feel the mario series suck.

If you say so. :smallconfused:

But hypothetically, which platformers don't suck? What makes a platformer not suck?

Because really, I don't see how any fan of platformers like myself cannot like Mario games. Perhaps that's just my black-and-white vision, but Mario platformers are, especially since Super Mario Galaxy, OUT OF THIS WORLD! :smallbiggrin:

Just curious.

Vic_Sage
2009-09-14, 09:41 PM
If you say so. :smallconfused:

But hypothetically, which platformers don't suck? What makes a platformer not suck?

Because really, I don't see how any fan of platformers like myself cannot like Mario games. Perhaps that's just my black-and-white vision, but Mario platformers are, especially since Super Mario Galaxy, OUT OF THIS WORLD! :smallbiggrin:

Just curious.
N64 suffered from being a early 4D platformer and it just felt slow and boring to me, didn't help that the music sucked *Note all IMO*. And none of the other Mario games since have gotten me hyped at all. Platformers I do like that are recent are the Prince of Persia, Jax, Ratchet, Crash Bandicoot back in the day, and I was all ways a bigger Sonic fan due to the music *Though the current games suck*.

Volug
2009-09-14, 09:43 PM
I heard *But I'm not sure* there were some problems with the Wii version of Okami. But whether you have a PS2 or a Wii you can't go wrong with Okami.

It didn't actually.

Unless you count the credits being taken out due to Capcom disliking the original makers of the game who are no longer in existence (or now otherwise known as Platinum Games).

Rutskarn
2009-09-14, 10:24 PM
Strong Bad's Cool Games for Attractive People.

'Moff Tarkin Said.

Lord Seth
2009-09-14, 10:28 PM
Because really, I don't see how any fan of platformers like myself cannot like Mario games. Perhaps that's just my black-and-white vision, but Mario platformers are, especially since Super Mario Galaxy, OUT OF THIS WORLD! :smallbiggrin:Technically he didn't say Mario platformers were bad, he just didn't like any of them after the SNES.

Incidentally, "since Super Mario Galaxy"? Has there even been a Mario platformer released after Super Mario Galaxy? I know there are some coming up, but I can't remember any that came out after it and are currently released.

I was all ways a bigger Sonic fan due to the music *Though the current games suck*.3D or 2D? While 3D Sonic has been going downhill ever since Sonic Adventure 2, I thought some of the 2D ones for the Game Boy Advance and DS were good. Not quite as good as the Genesis originals, but still pretty fun.

Vic_Sage
2009-09-14, 11:04 PM
Technically he didn't say Mario platformers were bad, he just didn't like any of them after the SNES.

Incidentally, "since Super Mario Galaxy"? Has there even been a Mario platformer released after Super Mario Galaxy? I know there are some coming up, but I can't remember any that came out after it and are currently released.

3D or 2D? While 3D Sonic has been going downhill ever since Sonic Adventure 2, I thought some of the 2D ones for the Game Boy Advance and DS were good. Not quite as good as the Genesis originals, but still pretty fun.
I like both. The older Sonic Adventure games on the Dreamcast were pretty fun and the first Sonic game on the PS3 was fun........until the glitches creeped in. Haven't played the DS ones yet due to not having a DS.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-09-15, 06:05 AM
Technically he didn't say Mario platformers were bad, he just didn't like any of them after the SNES.

It was a joke. :smallsigh:

Because Super Mario Galaxy takes place in space, so "out of this world" was a literal description. Get it?

N64 suffered from being a early 4D platformer and it just felt slow and boring to me, didn't help that the music sucked *Note all IMO*. And none of the other Mario games since have gotten me hyped at all.

*Doesn't know what "IMO" means*

So...all of the other games in the whole Mario series suck because they didn't get you interested? Does that mean you have even played them?

Then again, I understand if you don't want to give them a chance if you don't like Mario. I suppose no too much has changed from your description. The music was pretty sweet in Galaxy, though, if that's one of the only things you didn't like (I really didn't notice the music. I thought it had pretty good music, but I might be thinking of Banjo-Kazooie).

And the RPGs of the Mario series are PURE awesomeness. The Paper Mario series (although I cannot personally say for the original game, since I didn't finish it. But ask anyone whose played it and you'll get a good review) and the Mario & Luigi series have all been great so far. Plus, there is that Super Mario RPG, the original, which I haven't played but sounds pretty good. I plan to get it as soon as my Internet connection for my Wii is hooked up properly again.

SparkMandriller
2009-09-15, 06:33 AM
The camera in Galaxy was pretty terrible, you must admit. I mean, the one in 64 was bad, but at least they had an excuse for that, since it's not like they'd had a lot of practice making 3D Mario games by that point. Galaxy came out like a decade later and the camera somehow managed to be worse. All going crazy when you jump between planets and stuff. S'terrible.

Athaniar
2009-09-15, 06:53 AM
*Doesn't know what "IMO" means*
In My Opinion.

Plus, there is that Super Mario RPG, the original, which I haven't played but sounds pretty good. I plan to get it as soon as my Internet connection for my Wii is hooked up properly again.
I've started playing it, too, and it's pretty good. Try it.

Also, my opinions on Wii games:

{table="head"]Game Title|Genre|How Good I think It Is
Mario Kart Wii|Racing|I don't have much experience with racing games, but I like this one.
Star Trek Conquest|Strategy|I like it, but then again, I am a Trekkie.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl|Fighting|I agree, this is probably the console's best game.
Swords & Soldiers|Strategy|The pretty unique gameplay makes it interesting.
Wii Sports|Sport|It's fun if you have friends to play with.
[/table]

Teln
2009-09-15, 09:24 AM
Get Okami. You will not regret it.

Burley
2009-09-15, 10:22 AM
I buy a good share of games, so, here's some of my favorites.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: I love it. I'm not very good, so, I usually can only play for a while without getting either bored (because I'm on easy) or mad (because I'm on very hard). I love having Brawl Parties, though.

Mario Party 8: I'm a sucker for a good party game, and MP8 is more friendly to casual gamers. (Ravin' Rabbids was decent, but sometimes I found myself saying "These controls don't make sense for this game." I sold that game quickly, and didn't get the sequel.)

Metroid: Trilogy: Best investment for my Wii ever. I loved the GameCube games, but never got Corruption. Best $50 I ever spent in a game store.

Mario Kart: If for no other reason than "It's the only game my girlfriend will play with me."

Zak and Wiki: Okay, so... I didn't buy it, I am borrowing it, indefinitely. Regardless, maybe the best puzzle game I've played on Wii. It has just enough point-and-click and time-sensitive stuff to make me really love it.

Mando Knight
2009-09-15, 11:01 AM
I've started playing it, too, and it's pretty good. Try it.

Super Mario RPG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu08F5kdYww), it is the only one just for me.
Every time I play I get lost in a phaze,
Then I find out I'm stuck in Geno's Maze!

...Yes, the game is made from concentrate of awesome, why do you ask?

Linkavitch
2009-09-15, 01:32 PM
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Once a must-have, now a must-skip because...
Metroid Prime Trilogy not only has Metroid Prime 3 in its entirety, but also its predecessors, updated to the Wii's technology.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: A must-have. Full stop.

Not to mention the two new games that are coming out in these serieses. Awesome!

Green-Shirt Q
2009-09-15, 05:30 PM
In My Opinion.

Thank you. Very much. :smallsmile:

The camera in Galaxy was pretty terrible, you must admit. I mean, the one in 64 was bad, but at least they had an excuse for that, since it's not like they'd had a lot of practice making 3D Mario games by that point. Galaxy came out like a decade later and the camera somehow managed to be worse. All going crazy when you jump between planets and stuff. S'terrible.

True, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Vic_Sage
2009-09-16, 03:49 AM
So I was browsing /v/ when someone posted a link to upcoming titles for the Wii

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Sept. 15
Where's Waldo: The Fantastic Journey - Sept. 22
The Price is Right 2010 Edition - Sept. 22
Family Feud 2010 Edition - Sept. 29
Battle of Giants: Dragons - Sept. 29
Imagine Salon Stylist - Sept. 29
Imagine Sweet 16 - Oct. 4
Imagine Zookeeper - Oct. 6
PETZ PONY BEAUTY PAGEANT - Oct. 13
Imagine Fashion Designer World Tour - Oct. 20
CSI: Deadly Intent - The Hidden Cases - Oct. 20
Jam Sessions 2 - Oct. 20
PETZ DOLPHINZ ENCOUNTER - Oct. 27
Imagine Artist - Oct. 27
Imagine Babyz Fashion - Nov. 3
Fairyland Melody Magic - Nov. 8
Style Lab Jewelry Design - Nov. 10
Style Lab Makeover - Nov. 10
PETZ NURSERY - Nov. 10
PETZ DOGZ TALENT SHOW - Nov. 17
PETZ HAMSTERZ SUPERSTARZ - Nov. 24
My Baby First Steps
Sushi Go round
iCarly
My Baby and Me
Barbie and the Three Musketeers
Picture Perfect Hair Salon
Just in Time Translations
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom - Fall
Ni Hao, Kai-Lan: Super Game Day - Fall
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
My Ballet Studio - November
Discovery Kids SpiderQuest - November
Dream Diary - November
Picture Perfect Hair Salon - November
IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey - Sept. 15

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx246/haketh2/Reaction%20pics/1253070580173.png

Nintendo, I am disappoint.

SilentDragoon
2009-09-16, 04:01 AM
Disappointed in what exactly? Do you realize how many metric tons of ...shovelware exist on every system? Think of how many total games have been released for PS2, vs. how many were actually worth owning. How many of the tens of thousands of PC games are worth the data they're encoded with? There are gems coming that have been linked previously in this thread, some from Nintendo themself (Zelda), and others by third party producers. I already have more decent to good games for my Wii than the entire run of my Xbox... just be patient and let the proverbial creek float by.

Vic_Sage
2009-09-16, 04:08 AM
I know there's all ways a **** ton of shovelware on every system but the Wii has been ****ing ridiculous with it. Hell for the most part the only decentish games are there are all cross platform and 9/10 the Wii version is ****. DO WE NEED 10 ****ING GAMES ABOUT BABIES?

SparkMandriller
2009-09-16, 06:05 AM
PETZ HAMSTERZ SUPERSTARZ

Like you're not gonna buy this. They're superstarz, come on!

Ikialev
2009-09-16, 08:16 AM
Okami? I don't have a PS2, so I treat it as wii game.

Also whaaaaaat Tales of Symphonia 2.

Sipex
2009-09-16, 08:45 AM
Okami (Adventure/RPG) - Amazing (5/5)
The graphics are better than the PS2 version and it supports HD.
Attacks are harder to pull off at first (what with having to shake the remote with timing) but brush strokes are much easier than the PS2 version so it balances out.

Zak and Wiki (Puzzle/Adventure) - Great (4/5)
It's a classic puzzle adventure where you play a kid pirate and his flying golden monkey who turns into a bell (it's made by capcom). You select a level and then enter it. The stage can be anywhere from very small to colossal. It'll show you the location of a chest you must get to (usually), a quick overview of everything in the area and then let you go at it! You interact with various objects/obstacles/cannibals/pirates/etc to open a path to the chest without dying.
The only problem is some motion controls are finicky and one in particular (spinning an anchor like a lasso) is near impossible. I'm still confused how I got past that part.

Oregano
2009-09-20, 09:17 AM
Here's some more from me, as I bulked up my Wii collection yesterday.:smallbiggrin:

Okami: Great game with beautiful visuals, streamlined controls and excellent writing.

The Conduit: Awesome the play online with the intuitive controls but the story mode and art direction is lacking. Still possibly the best straight FPS on the Wii.

Dragon Quest Swords: Fun game with a decent story and fun gameplay. A good mix of the JRPG formula of the main series and a rail-shooteresque combat system.

Soul Calibur Legends: You can have fun with this game, especially in co-op but the game would be much better if the attacks were button dependent as it's a waggle-fest.

Atronach
2009-09-20, 09:40 AM
I thought Call of Duty 3 was really good, if you like first person shooting games. Godzilla Unleashed was okay, it did not get great reviews though. That is all I can think of at the time.

Roxlimn
2009-09-20, 10:47 AM
Hmm...

Boom Blox Bash Party. Fantastic destruction and construction game. Seamless user generated content over online distribution enabled. 400 levels.

Spectrobes: Origins. Fun action-adventure with a touch of Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon. If you've ever been annoyed that you can't directly control Goofy in battle, this is your game.

Rune Factory Frontier. Farming/adventure sim. THE premier game this generation for this genre. Nothing comes close.

Gradius Rebirth. Great recreation of Gradius. If you didn't like that game, you won't like this one. Only for the hardcore. (for real, not fakers)

Link's Crossbow Training. Cheap and eminently playable. Good for when you just want to blast things onscreen without thinking much. Very relaxing for some reason. I still play this. Safe for the little rugrats to look at so I don't need to wait for them to sleep.

Tiger Woods Wii 2010. The game that keeps on giving. The best golf game ever made. 'nuff said.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Wii. Take control of your whole offensive team with precision and speed. Set up feints and fakes. Take control of your entire defensive lineup - set up one on ones, and offside traps, it's all here. The definite soccer game to get on any platform for soccer fans.

MySims. Fantastic object creator for the Wii. Make houses, furniture, layouts - your imagination is the only limitation! It's like an architecture software without all the hassle. Even though it's less powerful than business software, it's like playing with an incredible LEGO set. If they released one with Space and Castle theme, I'd be all over it. No, MySims Kingdoms isn't it.

DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Mindblowing numbers of DBZ fighters and epic DBZ fighting for DBZ fans. If you like DBZ, you want this title. And yes, this is actually a pretty fantastic fighter game.

Rock Band; Guitar Hero. Just as fun as they are anywhere else.

Endless Ocean. Deep diving exploration sim. The only game of its genre on the consoles. Very relaxing. If fishing games could contain this much atmosphere on the Wii, they would find more success.

Order Up! A decent time management game on the consoles. Somewhat more engaging than the Dash series. Less frustrating than Cooking Mama.

In truth, there's just a metric ton great, fun games on the Wii. Many gamers just won't give it a chance.

ottack
2009-09-20, 01:34 PM
Personally I'd say Zelda Twighlight Princess is a really awesome game even though I can never seem to finish it.
Super Mario Galaxy is definetly brilliant except for the fact I can't get all the stars.
Metroid Prime 3 was good except for the fact that at the end I reliased that I only had 99% completion curse you missing upgrade!
Fire emblem Radiant Dawn was good fun, until it started to switch between parties like crazy.
Of course I also have a wide stack of Gamecube games around.
The upcoming games such as Metroid other M, the at the moment untitled Zelda and of course super Mario Galaxy 2 are all probably going to be Fantastic, but most of all the game I personally am most looking forward to ... Pikmin 3:smallbiggrin:

Sewblon
2009-09-20, 04:13 PM
Madworld is short but it is fun while it lasts.

Mando Knight
2009-09-20, 04:15 PM
Metroid Prime 3 was good except for the fact that at he end I reliased that I only had 99% completion curse you missing upgrade!

3 is actually the easiest of the Metroid Primes to unlock everything. Use Elysia's map room to get the item locator on your map, then grab everything. If anything's missing, it's either in Bryyo Ice or on the Valhalla.

Lucian Cain
2009-09-21, 10:58 AM
Personally I love Rock Band2 with my family. It is a blast. But, to each his own, I guess.

Comet
2009-09-21, 11:04 AM
Muramasa: the Demon Blade. One of the best.

Also, I'm having lots of fun with Final Fantasy IV: the After Years. It's DLC and episodic and the story is very over-the-top mysterious sequel.

ottack
2009-09-21, 01:12 PM
3 is actually the easiest of the Metroid Primes to unlock everything. Use Elysia's map room to get the item locator on your map, then grab everything. If anything's missing, it's either in Bryyo Ice or on the Valhalla.
While that is true I accidentaly overwrote the file so now It's pretty much gone :smallfrown:.

I also forgot to mention Super smash Bros Brawl which like many people I find grest fun (I tend to play as Olimar) but unfortunetly one of my freinds can be a bit to determined to win and complains even if he wins (I don't see what's wrong with avoiding close combat) which can spoil it but if your playing with people who just want to have fun (instead of having to win) it's Great (even though I lose an awfull lot).

Lord Seth
2009-09-23, 11:40 AM
I know there's all ways a **** ton of shovelware on every system but the Wii has been ****ing ridiculous with it. Hell for the most part the only decentish games are there are all cross platform and 9/10 the Wii version is ****. DO WE NEED 10 ****ING GAMES ABOUT BABIES?I've never understood the complaints about shovelware. Why not just, y'know, not buy it and only buy the games that interest you?

Castaras
2009-09-23, 11:46 AM
Lego Batman for the wii is WIN.

as is Lego Star Wars.