PDA

View Full Version : Heading across country, advice for finding a new group?

Coidzor
2009-09-14, 07:01 PM
So I'm heading to Eugene Oregon soon and I'm like, hmm, would there be any faster way of finding some peeps other than just kidnapping enough people to start my own group?

Keld Denar
2009-09-14, 07:08 PM
2 things.

Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=eugene+oregon+game+stores&aq=f&oq=&aqi=) some game stores in the area. Most game stores have bulliten boards where you can post LFG ads or respond to posted ads.

check yahoo groups (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=yahoo+groups+D%26D+eugene+OR&aq=f&oq=&aqi=) There are lots of them, and its often not hard to find other people in the area.

Best of luck, mang!

Crow
2009-09-14, 07:11 PM
So I'm heading to Eugene Oregon soon and I'm like, hmm, would there be any faster way of finding some peeps other than just kidnapping enough people to start my own group?

Catch an Emeralds game while you're out there! Former Emerald, right here!

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-09-14, 08:06 PM
The way I've done it in the past is add "LFG in the (location) area for D&D (version)"
This board has good people, and a lot of members play.

bosssmiley
2009-09-15, 07:28 AM
Light the D&D-signal. The local gamers will see it reflected off the clouds and come to the aid of a gamer in need.

Zincorium
2009-09-15, 10:57 AM
I'll be going back to Eugene in Febuary, so if you've either found a good one or are still looking, hit me up.

Zovc
2009-09-15, 11:04 AM
I second finding gaming shops. Most places won't mind you hanging out there, and the more people you talk to and mention D&D, the more likely you are to find a group.

If the store owner likes you and keeps hearing you ask about [game], when he hears someone mention [game], he'll let you know. It's mostly about being social, in my opinion; you'll find people who haven't played that want to, or haven't played in years and want to. Just because people aren't actively looking to play a game doesn't mean they don't want to.

Hawriel
2009-09-15, 12:01 PM
Find the local hobby shops (including comics) and talk to peaple. I have no idea if Eugene has a university neer by or a community collage, but you can try their message boards for social events.

arguskos
2009-09-15, 12:05 PM
The way I've done it in the past is add "LFG in the (location) area for D&D (version)"
This board has good people, and a lot of members play.
I'll confirm this method works. :smallwink: