PDA

View Full Version : Evil students

pendell
2009-09-14, 07:53 PM
Students have their 'evil teachers' thread, so here is a chance for teachers to have their revenge.

No names... I can only recall three students out of hundreds that were really 'evil'. There was the student who thought it was funny to accuse me of ... impropriety ... which I was manifestly not guilty of. The administration looked into the issue and decided the accusation was groundless in less than ten minutes. Learn to lie better, kids!

Another student was constantly belligerent and in my face from day 1 of class. Of course I sent him straight to the principle -- and he went to hide in the bathroom instead.

Then there was the girl who was obsessed with Hitler ... but she wasn't evil, just deeply disturbed.

Any other stories? Happily, I have been retired from subbing for more than ten years, and so have no difficulty dragging out old war stories from a continent ago. People old enough to be my students back then are often managers in my company today!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Player_Zero
2009-09-14, 07:59 PM
I'm fairly belligerent and a student!

Ah ha, and you'll never catch me!

Jalor
2009-09-14, 09:14 PM
I'm not a teacher, but I've been friends with several who shared their horror stories.

One of my science teachers once had a student who's method of dealing with problems was to hit them until they fall down. Can't figure out the answer to a question in the textbook? She defenestrates it! Someone looks at her the wrong way? She grabs his head and shoves it in the general direction of the Bunsen burner! Teacher trying to calm her down? Pick up a desk and hurl it at her! Eventually the girl ended up in juvie. I think the incident involved a mall rent-a-cop and a tire iron.

Or my former art teacher, who noticed a funny smell from the supply room and opened the door to find several seniors with a reputation for idiocy already, smoking weed and drinking beer. During school. Not just joints either; they somehow smuggled several bongs into school. Needless to say, they did not graduate.

Mando Knight
2009-09-14, 09:21 PM
I'm rather well-behaved and -adjusted...

...but there's a reason people rarely see me smile. Unless it's because a genuinely funny thing happened, I'm only smiling because something went horribly right (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.GoneHorriblyRight).

MethosH
2009-09-14, 09:50 PM
I never had evil students... But boy there were some dumb ones...
Like... The hopeless kind... They lack basic instruction for crying out loud! Things the were suppose to know from at least 4 years back were missing! It was very frustrating... Needless to say that I wasn't a good teacher to the dumb students.

Anuan
2009-09-14, 09:58 PM
That isn't always the students' fault, though. I knew a music teacher whose entire teaching thing was 'go over the stuff from grade eight while I do the three tunes I know on the drums and talk about how I was supposedly in a band and was a roadie for really famous bands'

Squidmaster
2009-09-14, 10:00 PM
On the first day of kindergarten, a kid stole my shoes. I spent the whole lunch walking around barefoot looking for them, which is very hard when you don't know anyone. It turned out he had put them in a toilet. He ended up spending the first month of school eating with the principal though, so it wasn't a total loss.

Hell Puppi
2009-09-14, 11:00 PM
I'm not a teacher yet, just doing my observations and field studies, but I've already seen a Kindergartner yell at a teacher, then get angry and throw a chair across the room. :smalleek:
I've also seen a "Yo mamma" style insult war go on between 3rd graders, but that was mostly harmless and entertaining.

SurlySeraph
2009-09-14, 11:01 PM
I'm not a teacher, but I had a classmate who - whenever a teacher ruled in any way against him, including not giving him an A, calling on him when he didn't want to answer, not calling on him when he wanted to answer, etc. - would shout "It's because I'm Hispanic, isn't it?!"

The older teachers knew enough to tell him to shut up. The younger ones fell for it and started apologizing and backpedaling every time.

Starscream
2009-09-14, 11:09 PM
Another student was constantly belligerent and in my face from day 1 of class. Of course I sent him straight to the principle -- and he went to hide in the bathroom instead.

Principal.

C-. See me after class.

Trog
2009-09-14, 11:14 PM
My ex-wife has a degree in art education (k-12) and she was substituting up in the Twin Cities for all sort of schools and all sorts of classes. There was one kid who threatened her, I recall... though the details were hazy. I also remember one incident where she was with another teacher supervising a study hall period and some girl threw a potato chip at this one guy and the guy got up and beat her pretty badly with a metal chair. The other guy she was with jumped on the kid and restrained him but not before the damage was done.

I've never had to teach before... but I have given a lecture or two to my old high school on art when I was in college. I'm afraid I made a "good impression" with the students which was sort of a bad one in the eyes of a teacher as I kind of forgot myself and might have let a swear word or two slip out without realizing it. :smalleek::smallredface:

valadil
2009-09-14, 11:43 PM
Not a teacher, but I was a camp counselor for a while. Lots of idiot kids there. But my favorite evil student story came from my own elementary school experience.

We had a classmate who really wanted to be a bully but was too dumb to pull it off. He was the sort of kid who'd insult someones mother and then burst into tears when they returned the insult. We decided to get back at him one day. After Halloween we gave him all our pop rocks and 2 cans of coke and then convinced them they'd all explode when they combined in his stomach. He spent the better part of a week assuming he was about to die.

Player_Zero
2009-09-14, 11:56 PM
I'm not a teacher yet, just doing my observations and field studies, but I've already seen a Kindergartner yell at a teacher, then get angry and throw a chair across the room. :smalleek:
I've also seen a "Yo mamma" style insult war go on between 3rd graders, but that was mostly harmless and entertaining.

That's some strong infant. Should nip that one in the bud.

And maybe his momma really was that fat.

Thajocoth
2009-09-15, 12:02 AM
None of these are particularly evil...

I had a chem teacher once (AP Chem) who told us about a student who got into the lab chemicals. Mixed a bunch of stuff and created a a sort of solid foamy mess. He was also failing. So the teacher made him an offer. If he could figure out exactly what he mixed (so the reaction could be reversed and the stains removed), he'd get a passing grade. He otherwise was beyond having a chance to do so, and it WAS a chemistry problem. Unfortunately that stain's still there.

Another chemistry teacher (Regeants Chem) caught some kids smoking and they claimed it was just their breath's condensation. The teacher let them off.

And in College (Honors Chem I), I was denied entry into honors chem by the course's teacher, but signed up for it anyway. Got myself an A too...

SDF
2009-09-15, 03:24 AM
In the same chemistry vein, there was a guy at uni that the prof saw mixing nitric, sulfuric acid, and glycerin. The prof went over pulled the fire alarm, everyone left, and the student was expelled.

Megatron46
2009-09-15, 03:29 AM
Ahhhh evil students! Very rarely are students evil, and it very rarely is anything personal against the teacher. BUT I had one student a few years ago now who maliciously persecuted another who's mother had just died. Now he was evil! it ended up with the victim "losing it" in the lesson, flipping a table and going for this other kid!

That said 99% of my students are a delightful...95% of the time!

_Zoot_
2009-09-15, 03:38 AM
In the same chemistry vein, there was a guy at uni that the prof saw mixing nitric, sulfuric acid, and glycerin. The prof went over pulled the fire alarm, everyone left, and the student was expelled.

What in particular happens when you mix those chemicals? I'm not a chem wiz and right now im just thinking 'really bad things'

SDF
2009-09-15, 03:47 AM
Nitroglycerin, aka dynamite. Making it without the proper legal documents is a federal crime, not to mention pretty dangerous.

Crossblade
2009-09-15, 03:49 AM
What in particular happens when you mix those chemicals? I'm not a chem wiz and right now im just thinking 'really bad things'

Wikipedia (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=nitric%2C+sulfuric+acid%2C+and+glycerin), doing your homework since 2001.

Eldan
2009-09-15, 04:01 AM
That's not evil. Wanna know evil?

Well, let's see this little scenario. I wasn't present, but our teacher told us after the police report. He didn't mention names. Anyway.

School is out, people will move on to university after the holidays. They are beween 16 and 18 years old, just got their marks. Tradition indicates that they are allowed to camp in the park next to the school for one night as part of their celebration. Naturally, everyone is really, really drunk.

Guy A: "Duuude."

Guy B: "Yeeeah?"

Guy A: "Know what's really funny?"

Guy B: "No?"

Guy A: "Let's go over there and fill that guy's beer bottle with formic acid."

Guy B: "Man, that's great."

So, yeah. I don't know if that was the exact conversation, but when questioned by the police, the two guys claimed they "thought it would be funny." In the end, the incident involved an ambulance, emergency surgery and a permanently damaged oesophagus.

Mordokai
2009-09-15, 04:11 AM
That's not evil, that's retarded.

Maybe a little bit of both...

Nano
2009-09-16, 06:36 PM
Out of curiosity, how would you teacher types react to alternate interpretations of subject matter?

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll218/Jack_Plexus/watercycle.jpg

MethosH
2009-09-16, 07:37 PM
Out of curiosity, how would you teacher types react to alternate interpretations of subject matter?

He would laugh.. Give you a 0... And recommend you to become a comedian or a webcomic author. :smallbiggrin:

Kallisti
2009-09-16, 08:20 PM
He would laugh.. Give you a 0... And recommend you to become a comedian or a webcomic author. :smallbiggrin:

A zero? Whatever happened to a point for originality?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-09-16, 08:40 PM
A zero? Whatever happened to a point for originality?

You only get a point for originality if it makes sense. See, if it was a WHALE, I would give'm the point. A T-Rex, not so much.

Kneenibble
2009-09-16, 11:58 PM
I guess the worst for me were these Korean kids I taught English, one of whom constantly kept trying to give me "1000 years of pain," a term upon which I will not expound if it is not already familiar to you.

Player_Zero
2009-09-17, 12:04 AM

I could be a comedian? Wow. Thanks for believing in me, Mr. Meth.

Also, I peed in your shoes.

Mystic Muse
2009-09-17, 12:28 AM
I guess the worst for me were these Korean kids I taught English, one of whom constantly kept trying to give me "1000 years of pain," a term upon which I will not expound if it is not already familiar to you.

corporal punishment is in order for this kid.

yes I know what 1,000 years of pain is. If anybody doesn't, read or watch "Naruto."

pendell
2009-09-17, 07:36 AM

Had the author followed the instructions of the assignment, labeling all the different parts of the cycle -- demonstrated knowledge of the material, in other words -- as well as adding the T-rex, I'd have laughed and given him a bonus point or two for creativity.

Since the answer doesn't reflect any comprehension of what I'm trying to teach, I must concur with giving a zero. I like a laugh as much as anyone. I'd probably put it up in the teacher's lounge for other teachers to laugh at .. but I couldn't do it in front of the students lest I encourage more of the same.

I don't mind funny. And I'll give bonus points for communicating answers in original and creative ways, because in the real world being able to communicate knowledge is nearly as important as having the knowledge. But it's no substitute for knowing the material. Know the material, all else is bonus, Don't know the material, no amount of cleverness will substitute for it.

Oh, really?

1000 years of pain = 1000 years of detention in response, IMO.
For *successfully* giving the teacher 1000 years of pain, 1000 years of Saturday work detail -- that was the punishment at my junior high, picking up trash under the school bleachers on Saturday.
Do it again, and if I have anything to say about it you'll never set foot in my class again. If I don't have anything to say about it, rest assured I will find some creative way within the rules to make your life miserable. There is always a way.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Keshay
2009-09-17, 01:08 PM
If that's the move I'm thinking of, that's sexual harassment/assualt. The kid should have been immediately expeled, if not criminal charges filed.

Aystra
2009-09-17, 07:41 PM
Dang, the people at my school that I consider evil are like angels compared to these previous posts. :smalleek:

Kneenibble
2009-09-17, 09:08 PM
If that's the move I'm thinking of, that's sexual harassment/assualt. The kid should have been immediately expeled, if not criminal charges filed.

Oh, well, the kid was 9, and the teaching environment was informal in his home. He was too slow to ever *actually* get me. Punishment was generally administered with a heavy cushion.

Lycan 01
2009-09-17, 10:10 PM
And I want to become a history teacher WHY?! :smalleek:

*scuttles off to change Majors*

Majikkani_Hand
2009-09-18, 01:25 AM
I am often plagued by a need to vocalize evil thoughts. I am a student. I am also almost always the class pet (up till high school), or beloved by my professors (college). I wonder what that says about my teachers? :smallamused:

CrimsonAngel
2009-09-18, 08:47 AM
Ah yes, private school. They'll let anyone in. In 5th grade, before I finaly left, there was a girl. She climbed out windows*, threw books and chairs at teachers, ate stuff out of the garbage, and nearly killed someone. she got a 1 day suspension. And let's not forget:
Taylor:Hey, broke, is this your book cover?
Brooke:No.
Taylor: Oh, ok *walks away*
Brooke: WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY BOOK COVER!!! *tackles girl to the ground and claws at her*
Me: *pulls brooke off*

She didn't even get in trouble for that last one. Ofcourse I did for calling someone stupid when they said metal came from trees. :smallannoyed:

*The principle chased her all the way to the street were she almost got hit.

Arakune
2009-09-18, 09:19 AM
Ah yes, private school. They'll let anyone in. In 5th grade, before I finaly left, there was a girl. She climbed out windows*, threw books and chairs at teachers, ate stuff out of the garbage, and nearly killed someone. she got a 1 day suspension. And let's not forget:
Taylor:Hey, broke, is this your book cover?
Brooke:No.
Taylor: Oh, ok *walks away*
Brooke: WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY BOOK COVER!!! *tackles girl to the ground and claws at her*
Me: *pulls brooke off*

She didn't even get in trouble for that last one. Ofcourse I did for calling someone stupid when they said metal came from trees. :smallannoyed:

*The principle chased her all the way to the street were she almost got hit.

Isn't this girls supposed to be medicatedat all times?

CrimsonAngel
2009-09-18, 09:25 AM
She is on medication. I shudder to imagine her without it.

Kalbron
2009-09-18, 09:28 AM
Does the US have some sort of bizzaro world version of private schools, because I thought it was the public schools that let anyone in and the worst of the worst got kept/kicked out of the private schools. :smallconfused:

CrimsonAngel
2009-09-18, 09:39 AM
Actualy, The idiots at public school are smarter than the idiots at my private school.

The teachers babied us and did most of our work for us.

bueagle
2009-09-18, 09:40 AM
Does the US have some sort of bizzaro world version of private schools, because I thought it was the public schools that let anyone in and the worst of the worst got kept/kicked out of the private schools. :smallconfused:

My thoughts exactly. The worst students at my high school (private) got expelled. :smallconfused:

Although, at my friend's high school (also private), the worst students got arrested by the FBI.

Arakune
2009-09-18, 11:46 AM
My thoughts exactly. The worst students at my high school (private) got expelled. :smallconfused:

Although, at my friend's high school (also private), the worst students got arrested by the FBI.

You NEED to give us some info about this :smalleek:

bueagle
2009-09-18, 12:05 PM
The expelled students from my school were caught smoking weed at school.

The students who were arrested by the Secret Service (not FBI, my bad) were caught counterfeiting US money (http://www.whas11.com/education/stories/120606whasrtTopCounterfeitMoney.5ae398a7.html).

UncleWolf
2009-09-18, 12:15 PM
The second one makes sense. That was why the Secret Service was formed in the first place.

Lycan 01
2009-09-19, 07:10 PM

My school was a Private school, and we basically had an open door policy. Thugs, bullies, druggies... They'd accept you no matter how many times you'd been expelled, as long as your parents paid the money. I had guys in my class who'd been expelled from 3 or so schools. One guy was only there because he'd been expelled from every public school in the district, and no other private schools wood accept him.

Naturally, my school had a problem with bullies, drugs, and other major issues... :smalleek:

People even brought guns and knives to school. Some guy shot me with a pellet gun, and he and 2 other guys got 3 days suspension for it. But only because my mom raised cain about it, and not because they'v violated the "instant expulsion, no excuses" rule against bringing anything remotely weapon-like to school. :smallannoyed: Heck, I heard some guy (who I used to be friends with before he went... crazy, and know for a fact that he's mentally unstable and quite dangerous) not only tried to choke another guy to death, but threatened to bring a gun to school and kill as many people as he could. You know what he got? A week's suspension. :smallmad:

DraPrime
2009-09-19, 07:19 PM
At my school there used to be a kid who beat up a teacher with a crowbar, because he got road rage. This happened in the parking lot. At 5 miles per hour. And he was the passenger.

darkblade
2009-09-19, 07:55 PM
Does convincing my grade 12 English Lit teacher to add the first six episodes of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to the curriculum for this year (I'm in college now so I won't get to see the results) count as evil?

RandomNPC
2009-09-21, 05:02 PM
Whenever sub teachers would do role call i would call out "innocent!" or "I'm not here!" and they would get confused. thats about as bad as i got.

we had a teacher ditch the class because a student was getting violent.

Iused to sit in my english class every monday morning and have to listen to everyone talk about how drunk they were over the weekend and how crazy so-and-so got. The teacher couldn't keep them in line. When Dragon ball Z got real big some of the class started balling up paper and yelling energy wave attack names, bombing other studnts with the paper.

We also had two 30 year olds try to pass as students so they could sell drugs in the hallway between classes, that ended poorly.

juvinile things like that.

Yarram
2009-09-21, 05:34 PM
Actualy, The idiots at public school are smarter than the idiots at my private school.

The teachers babied us and did most of our work for us.

Heh. Our public highschool is by far the best school in the region... The private schools around here are dodgy as. (They pick up all the kids that get kicked out of our school)
It's taboo in our school to pick a fight with someone who isn't in your group and hasn't done something really "atrocious" like steal your girlfriend...
Oh, there is this one guy though, who's an absolute wang, and he picked on one of my friends, and the family of said friend who has aspurges. (Spelling?)
First, he was harassing said friend too much, who punched him in the face. (This is a feat and a half, because this friend is really non-violent generally)
Then, he harassed my friends father in a shopping center, who again, beat the crap out of him.
Finally, he harassed my friends younger brother... He got his jaw broken.
The irony was that the younger brother only got like 1-2 days of suspension, because none of the teachers (including the deputy and principal) like this kid because he's such an a-hole to everyone.

Lamech
2009-09-21, 05:55 PM
People even brought guns and knives to school. Some guy shot me with a pellet gun, and he and 2 other guys got 3 days suspension for it. But only because my mom raised cain about it, and not because they'v violated the "instant expulsion, no excuses" rule against bringing anything remotely weapon-like to school. :smallannoyed: Heck, I heard some guy (who I used to be friends with before he went... crazy, and know for a fact that he's mentally unstable and quite dangerous) not only tried to choke another guy to death, but threatened to bring a gun to school and kill as many people as he could. You know what he got? A week's suspension. :smallmad:
When you get shot with a pellet gun, or punched or hit? Involve the police, press criminal charges. :smallsmile: Thats my theory on how to deal with school bullies.

Thajocoth
2009-09-21, 06:07 PM

Public schools are the default that everyone normally goes to. Private schools are merely privately owned schools. That is, the parents pay the school to teach their child. Who they will or will not accept is usually based more on the cashflow than anything else.

The good thing about private schools tends to be that there's less students per teacher, so students can get much better help and learn much more easily. Having been in both, I have found this to generally be true, but also most of my classmates were spoiled rich kids. After all, their parents could afford private school... There's generally less tolerance for bullies and such though, as parents can threaten to take their children out of the private school. Public schools can't really be threatened in the same way.

Jack Squat
2009-09-21, 06:32 PM
There's generally less tolerance for bullies and such though, as parents can threaten to take their children out of the private school. Public schools can't really be threatened in the same way.

The teachers in my private school just turned a blind eye to bullies. The thing is, the parents have to care - and generally they won't accept that their kid is a brat, or they just don't care.

Of course, I hear great things about private schools around here, so it obviously varies school to school.

Eldan
2009-09-22, 03:28 AM
Public schools are the default that everyone normally goes to. Private schools are merely privately owned schools. That is, the parents pay the school to teach their child. Who they will or will not accept is usually based more on the cashflow than anything else.

Huh. Seems different from my experience. We only have a handful of private schools in the country, but they usually have a reputation of very high quality, which they get by first of all hiring good teachers, but then also not accepting just anyone.

Dracomorph
2009-09-22, 06:57 PM
See, I went to a private school in the US, and it was actually better and more difficult than the first college I went to. It was kind of an unusual school, but still; bad results are not typical everywhere.

Lupy
2009-09-22, 07:19 PM
I had a teacher fresh out of college one semester. She was teaching 4 different English classes and in one of them a kid began swearing at her, and she told him to get out. At that time he hit her before another student restrained him and she ran out of the room crying.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-09-22, 07:51 PM
In the eighth grade, one day our English teacher was out. So wooo substitute.

Only a few kids in my class decided to abuse the poor woman, and threw bits of chocolate at her. She confronted them at first, but after subsequent attempts, she just went silent. Until one piece hit her in the eye, and she had to leave (I think for the hospital, not sure). They weren't penalized at all.

-

My mom also works for Headstart, which is basically a govt funded child day-care service. This place is pretty ****ed up. The children can basically do anything, without the teachers being able to properly respond. Grabbing a child by the arm, or any other sort of forcible restraint is pretty much out.

My mothers been bit, punched, had things thrown at her, sworn at, and has had to prevent 4 year old boys from touching younger girls. And she can basically do nothing about it aside from tell the parents, whom some only blame her for their childs actions.

Copacetic
2009-09-22, 09:33 PM
Brings back memories.

There was a kid called Alex, who having been thrown out of every other school was now in Cottonwood Elementary. He made the Teacher so angry she started swearing at him in Spanish, grabbed him by the ear, and dragged him out of the mobile homes we called class rooms to the office(Other mobile home). It. Was. Great.