PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Tri-Stat

kyuubigan
2009-09-15, 11:28 AM
Lately, I've been trying to adapt the Tri-stat system into a customized Naruto rpg. All the other Naruto rpgs that I have seen don't really apeal to me, and they all seem rather clunky. Anyway, the reason I'm writing here is to ask you for your help in cementing all the point values and powers for all the various jutsus, clans, and bloodlines. I'm also interested in your opinions on what you think of my attempt at a functional Naruto rpg.

Almost all the mechanics for the tri-stat system will remain the same, except as follows:

Energy will be replaced by Chakra, will be determined by (Body+Soul)*5. All jutsu will burn Chakra. The less Chakra a character has left, the more fatigued he will become. When a character's Chakra reserves reach 75%, they take a -1 on all rolls involving the Body stat. At 50%, the penalty increases to -2. At 25%, the penalty will increase to -4. And when a character runs out of Chakra the character will pass out.

The system modifications I've made so far are mostly cosmetic, but most of the attributes in Tri-Stat are going to be unusable in their current form. Like for example, the Grand Fireball jutsu I designed as a Special Attack that does a set amount of damage over a certain area, both the damage and area determined how many ranks a character has in this jutsu. Increasing the jutsu's rank will cost a certain amount of Advancement Points (AP) per rank.

The rules for learning and using jutsu is rather simple. I've created the skills Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Genjutsu, Medical, and Seals. In order to learn or use a jutsu, a character must have the required rank in the appropriate skill. For example, the Grand Fireball jutsu requires 2 (two) ranks in the Ninjutsu skill in order to learn. So a character with only 1 (one) rank in Ninjutsu does not possess the ability to learn the Grand Fireball jutsu.

On the same note, in order to rank up a jutsu, a character must also increase the appropriate skill. In general, the character must have the appropriate skill at an equal or greater level than the jutsu rank he is trying to achieve. For example, in order to rank up the Grand Fireball jutsu to level 3 (three), the character must possess 3 (three) ranks in the Ninjutsu skill.

I also have most of the clans abilities on paper, but I would really like your opinion on that. My plan is that players can use Character Points to buy membership into the clan as an archetype or template. In the beginning it might not be worth it, but they will be beneficial in the long run.

Well that's all I've got to say for now, tell me what you think and I'll respond when I can.