PDA

View Full Version : TOH-IC thread, part II

Pages : [1] 2

Oslecamo
2009-09-15, 11:56 AM
Jo'hn takes a deep breath, kneels down and then jumps upward. Or tries to. The weight of the fullplate is more than expected and the cleric falls face down on the snow, before geting up grumping something about "If Pelor wanted us to fly he would've given us wings".

Vist then summons forth more tentacles, wich sucessfully immobilize the angels at the center.

One of them screams:

This is too much! Retreat! Plane of air! NOW!

That angel then starts glowing with a golden light, wich grows untill it momentarily blinds you and when you look again there's nothing there anymore.

Pfft, just when I was geting warmed up...

Well this was fun! Don't get yourself killed so we can play again someday!

One by one, all but the stunned angel caught by the tentacles vanish from the battlefield, leaving behind their fallen sisters.

Surviving angels ran away again with planeshift. It's pretty much your victory by now, but technically there's still one enemy standing, the angel who was stunned last turn and is now grappled by the tentacles. The stun only lasts one round so next turn she'll be able to act.

Deal with her as you see fit and then you'll get the sweet exp.

Oh, and fullplate does give a fat penalty to jump.

No map as I'm posting from an uni computer and I don't think it's really necessary.

Party's turn

SurlySeraph
2009-09-15, 02:30 PM
Ryli floats out of the mist, sword in hand, only to find her hated enemies vanishing. A vein begins to pulse on her forehead. "Again?" she spits. "Goddamn bitches always run just when we're gonna - wait." Noticing the remaining stunned angel, Ryli quickly flies over. Staying as high up as she can to avoid the tentacles, the elf flips upside down, grabs the celestial in a chokehold, and pulls the poor creature up as if to hang her in midair.

With her arms around its throat, Ryli growls "If you even think about trying to get away..." into the angel's ear. Too angry to think of an ending to the sentence, Ryli leaves the consequences up to her victim's imagination.

Ryli's going to drop her sword, then fly over the tentacle'd area, trying to stay above their reach, and grab the angel.
Touch attack: [roll0]
Grapple check: [roll1]

Grapple check to get out of the tentacles if necessary: [roll2]

Oslecamo
2009-09-15, 03:25 PM
Angel still stunned so you automatically get an hold. You can grab the angel whitout entering the tentacles, but if you want to pull her out of the grabby area you'll need to win a check against them.

Tentacles counter

Oslecamo
2009-09-15, 03:26 PM
Let's try this again...
[roll0]

Oslecamo
2009-09-15, 03:27 PM
Ryli sucessfully gets a firm grip of the angel, and is free to do with her whatever she wants. Presuming she doesn't run away when she plane shifts away when she recovers her senses.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-15, 05:19 PM
To make sure the angel doesn't get away Du'Ran shoot a moon bolt at the angel.
Here is something to make holding it easier.

[spoiler]
Reading rules, as angel is immobile at moment I don't suffer -4 penalty to hit for him in melee.
I see they removed chance of hitting ally in grapple rule with ranged attacks (been a while since I read those rules).
So Du'Ran cast Moon Bolt on Angel.

I don't know if it has SR, if it does let me know. I assume it being immobile blocks it from blocking RTAs.

First attempt to raise caster level, my last turn attempt using Divine Spell power.
[roll0]
Next post show spell attack.
[/spoiiler]

Starbuck_II
2009-09-15, 05:21 PM
Forget not spoiler but sblock.

So +2 caster level (no SR I discovered). He'll lose 3d4 Str with a Fort save DC 19 for 1/2 lost.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dacia Brabant
2009-09-15, 10:29 PM
Rhodius

Paying little heed to the lone remaining angel, the small warforged sets about psionically repairing himself and his psicrystal and regaining his focus, though he does issue a mental command to the constructs to <Fly up and be ready to attack any hostiles that reappear.>

And then aloud he says, "We ought to consider going back into the cave as soon as possible."

Regaining psionic focus and manifesting Psionic Repair Damage (3pp) on myself and shared with psicrystal: [roll0]

The constructs will go 20' up if they're able to, what with the tentacles and all. There's not much else I can do, even though I do have LoS/LoE through the cloud thanks to Touchsight I really don't want to burn more PP than I have to when there's no guarantee of a full rest before the next fight.

Oslecamo
2009-09-16, 07:38 AM
The angel finally seems to recover it's senses. It looks around with a confused look on her face, then shows a small grin and says to no one in particular:

Heh, who would say that you would ally yourselves with the giant? If it wasn't for those oversized skeletons slowing us down, we would've slaughtered you all... So, what are you waiting? Finish me like you did with my sisters! I'm tired of running away, and it's not like I won't come back...

Battle ended!

Experience
12420 exp for everybody but Rhodius.

Rhodius receives "only" 8280 exp for having spent a good part of the battle absent.

Loot
If you search the bodies you'll find:
4 frost spiked chains
3 frost longbows
7 masterwork chain shirts
2 belts with very detailed drawings of lions.
98 platinium coins
Star ruby red as blood.
Saphire on a golden chain, sculpted like a delicate flower.
Small snowball wich doesn't melt when touched
Vial with a mysterious clear fluid.
7 amethists shaped like skulls wich were attached to the weapons

Decide if you wait there or return to the rope trick or do something else.

SurlySeraph
2009-09-17, 12:50 AM
Ryli flies the angel over to the rest of the group and then lays her face down on the floor, twisting her arms behind its back and grinding them against her wings. "Why would I wanna kill ya right now?" she asks. "I'm gonna have some fun first. How much fun I have depends if ya can tell me anything useful. If ya got somethin' ta say about yer buddies - how ya got this way, what yer mommy and daddy can do, how many of you there are, whatever - I'll let ya off with a couple kicks ta the head."

The vicious grin creeps onto Ryli's features. "But if ya don't, I'm gonna find out something else about you. Like what all I can do before it hurts too much and ya start screaming fer help. Screamin' fer me ta stop."

The grin widens. "Screamin' fer somethin' that isn't gonna happen. And first thing I wanna find out? First I wanna see what happens when I start pullin' those nice pretty feathers out."

With a sudden yank, Ryli plucks a feather from the angel's left wing to illustrate. "I bet ya start screamin' before I do five. But I'm not gonna do just five. Or fifty. Or five hundred, if ya got that many. I'm gonna take 'em all out, every one. You'll look like a plucked chicken before I'm finished. If ya don't wanna talk, that is." She shrugs. "Yer choice, really."

Intimidate: [roll0]

Oslecamo
2009-09-17, 05:57 AM
The angels lets out a small scream when the feather is plucked, then answers in a somewhat amused voice:

OUCH! So you like it rough heh? Just as expected from such a unrefined barbarian... How we found you? You took the whole freaking village with you! Even a blind troglodyte would have picked off that trail! Well, maybe not, but for our tracker members it was quite easy.

The angel then struggles a bit, then rests and keeps speacking, now in a more monotonous voice.

Anyway, I'm afraid that I don't understand what you mean with mommy and daddy, but you're dreaming if I'm going to spit out my sister's strenghts and weaknesses just under the threat of pain. It is nothing but an illusion of the mind.

Kelpstrand
2009-09-17, 08:18 AM
Kalah

Don't be wasting your time with some mere pain. Let me be taking care of the information finding.

Kalah walks over slowly, and gently caresses the Angel's face.

There there, little one. Kalah be taking care of ye for the forseable future. No need to worry about the hurting. It's the least of ye problems.

Then he casts Acid Splash and slap the Angel across the face.

Kalah be thinking he needs to be going someplace quite, to talk about whether It be time to be summoning up an angel not corrupted, to take word of what ye be doing to the big men upstairs.

First Caress: Warp Fever, DC 20. On second slap, your choice if it forces another save.

Acid Splash is Sonic subbed, and does scary noises. Will Save DC 19 or shaken, and [roll0] Sonic damage.

Intimidate about reporting her/him to the Gods: [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2009-09-17, 09:08 AM
Whoa, an eye for eye leaves us all blind. We can't just lower ourselves to their levels. ?
Du'Ran says with fervor to his comrades. He knew torture is sometimes useful, but he also knew that it isn't right.

Look, miss, we don't want to harm you... (looking back at his allies)
I mean, I don't want to harm you... *sigh*.
If you would at least tell us why you hunt those villagers and us, we wouldn't need these barbaric measures.
We just want what most mortals want: to be free of harm and be safe.
What you creatures do... it disgusts me. Picking on the helpless... Just why: Because you can? What good does harming the innocent do? War, huh, what is it good for; Absolutely nothing!

Du'Ran says with a tear in his eyes as he finishes.

Diplomacy, I should have taken more skill ranks, but might dislodge info.
[roll0]
Sense motive: to see whether I can figure out if something affects her mind. Maybe Mindrape spell. That could explain why they act so contrary.
[roll1]

Keld Denar
2009-09-17, 09:56 AM
Vist

I agree with Du'Ran. Torture is not an option. Just put it out of its misery like the last one. With the turmoil that the planes are in, the cold eternity of oblivion away from the warmth of Pelor will be punishment enough. Vist says in a distracted, sagely way.

Let go back into the cave and inform Icefist what has transpired at the edge of his domain. I do not doubt that he's already aware, but I'm sure he'd appreciate a full report. Following that, I'll see if I can Commune with the Skyfather to determine if I can garner a bit more information.

Oslecamo
2009-09-17, 11:03 AM
The angel starts trembling after Kalah's slap, and when he mentions summoning an uncorrupted angel, so threatening he sounds, that she lowers her head and speacks in an angust-filled voice:

Freedom...Safety...? We all want those... But how do we get them? From the gods, perhaps? LIARS! All of them! Using us as their puppets, to increase their own power, to assure their own freedom and safety...Yes, what truly matters is power...Power that has been too long in their hands...

And why? Because of the weaks! They pray to the gods for safety and freedom, in a never ending cycle, because they can't take care of themselves!

We will remove the weaks! We will scourge the land and make sure that only the strong are left alive! When only those who can stand by themselves are left there won't be more prayer and the gods will die! The world will be a much better place, where everybody will truly control their own destinies!

Yes...That's how it will be...

But...You have bested me...You're worthy of my services...

What do you wish to know of my sisters wind fiend?

Kelpstrand
2009-09-17, 12:20 PM
Kalah be liking these folks the more we face them. He's not to keen on them lordy lord folks either. But in this moment, what Kalah be wanten to hear is about how these powers be working, and about The Biguns too.

Telepathy: [Answer aloud. When you disappear, you leave this location entirely, but still seem to have location, where are you, and what can you tell about the this plane? When your friends retreated, they went to the Plane of Water apparently, what sort of limitations are on that plane travel, especially time? Do you possess any other abilities to move through planes or location without the intervening space?

What of the larger Angels, what types of abilities do they possess regarding these same transportation mechanisms?

How many angels of each size, roughly, do you think are in this area, at the behest of your bosses?

Do you possess any ability to communicate with others of your kind, outside of speech?]

Kalah doesn't have an accent in telepathy. Don't you wish he used it more often?

Oslecamo
2009-09-17, 01:48 PM
Hmm? I don't understand very well what you're asking. I'm no longer bound to any divine plane in particular. I think I am linked to this world now, but that's just a suposition, I'm a warrior not a scholar and I don't care much for such details. Mistress would know better, she's quite adept at such kind of things like creating and destroying bonds... If you can make her talk, hehehe...

What I know it's that we can transfer ourselves from plane to plane with ease. Only problem is that we never know very well where we'll get. But we can fly pretty fast if needed to make up for such trouble. At worst we arrive some hours away from where we wanted to go.

Excluding that, I can also freely transfer myself to the ethereal plane and back. It's easier geting back.

The Shirai? Brutish guys. Don't have our finesse, can't jump trough planes, they have to fly everywhere. But we can give them a ride to other dimensions if needed.

As for numbers, if my last surviving sisters here escaped and left me behind, then there should be nine of them left. There would be also two more of the big shirai angels left, and finally master and mistress personal guard. Four rune knight angels. Well that's how I call them because they have those big enchanted armors and weapons. I really don't know much about them other than they have quite a powerfull aura. They're not big talkers and I never fought at their side. They rarely leave the base, and when they do is to carry out special missions under Master's direct orders...

And no, we have no ways of special comunication besides our own mouths. Telepathy is for those ugly demons and devils who can't stand their own ugly faces...No ofence intended wind fiend, beauty and power aren't directly related of course.

However, I must point out that my sisters numbers may soon swell. You see, we haven't just been taking care of this village, there's plenty of other beings around here. The frost giant would be one. Another would be a tribe of draconic beasts we found around a month ago. Now those were some fun guys. No hiding or running away in fear. We killed a good chunk of them and they still kept coming for more. Mistress ended up declaring them as worthy of the new world, and went and talked with them personally. You should've seen it. Those dragonspawns ended up pledging their alliance to her and licking her feets as soon as she showed up in front of them with all her might.

Mistress ordered them to come and set camp at the mountain were we we have our base and wait for the coming war. We didn't call them to help yet because we didn't think you were this strong, but mistress will probably do that soon now that you've defeated our second wave...

Unless...You and your friends would go to the dragonspawn camp and show them who's boss. Those beasts care only about raw power, they're even less refined than the Shirai. Give them a good beating, and they'll gladly help you attack our base.

Or you can just recover your strenghts and strike our base at dawn. My sisters will probably take some hours finding the way back. Enough time for you to rest and attack

Why am I telling you all of this? Because mistress taught me to follow what I believe, and I now believe that you would have a much better chance of fulfilling her plans than us. You also like it, don't you? The power to change the world? It's yours for the taking, at that mountain top!

Of course, should you fail to prove your strenght, I'm sure mistress will find a good use for you. Either outcome will satisfy me...

Kelpstrand
2009-09-17, 02:15 PM
Kalah be thinking a show of force on the Draconians might be appropriate one way or another. He be having a few tricks up his sleeve for that. These Dragon peoples, how many and how strong? Can they fly? And where be their camp?

Oslecamo
2009-09-17, 02:45 PM
Twenty of them last time I counted. They can't fly at all, and they're pretty dumb, nor they have any magic potential, but they are quite powerfull physically. They're very skilled throwing stuff, I'll tell you that. Don't think you're safe just because you're in the air. I guess years of hunting in this dificult terrain has honed their skills.

They also have a freezing breath that can cover you in ice before you notice it. Makes moving quite hard, even tough it didn't hurt me. The spawns on the other hand seem to be able to perfectly move trough any kind of snow or ice no matter how unstable it is, even when we tried making them breath in each other.

Turn left on the snow trail from where you come from, cross the ravin, go up the rocky cliff, then go directly to the base of our mountain. It's around half an hour of flying from our base and four hours of flying from here.

Kelpstrand
2009-09-18, 02:41 PM
To Party only: [I will return to Frostfist with this one, and wait until early morning. Then I will leave him in Frostfist's tender care, and head to out to see the Dragon men. If you possess the ability to join me, your aid will be appreciated if I cannot make do myself. If not, I will return to meet you here before we travel to the mountain to deal with the Angels. By that point, the Dragon men should no longer be of concern. If one of you can arrange to scry my location, I will allow it for easier travel.]

To Angel: Come.

Kalah will lead the angel into the cave and take him to Frostfist to be chained up with special cuffs if Frostfist has any extras. If Frostfist is a jerk, Kalah will be more of one. If he doesn't have cuffs, then we'll see.

Assuming he does have cuffs, Kalah will then continue his not sleeping rest in the throne room till morning or future interruptions.

Keld Denar
2009-09-18, 03:16 PM
Vist

If you show me where you are going, I can take the rest of our group with me when I teleport.

Oslecamo
2009-09-18, 07:10 PM
Kalah finds Frostfist midway trough the corridor, where the giant is slowly advancing in the middle of a mob of skeletons and zombies, flanked by the two hooded figures, mace risen in one hand, aparently prepared for battle.

He first gives a strange look when Kalah appears with the angel behind him, but when the wind fiend asks for the angel to be cuffed, Frostfist smiles, spends some seconds looking for something on his belt, then pulls out a new pair of runned cuffs, wich he hands to a pair of skeletons wich go and chain up the angel.

Heh, I would've paid some platinium to see this battle with my own eyes. It was a shame to lose more three deathclaws, but I would've lost much more of my servants if you didn't intercept those angels. I guess we're even now.

Now, I believe there are several valuable fresh bodies out there. Mind if I take them for my personal use? Or are any of you an interested in necromancy? Celestial bodies are quite hard to come by in this kind of business. But so valuable, yes...

If given confirmation, Frostfist sends half of his mob to the outside of the tunnel to retrieve those fallen in battle and take them back inside. The giant then goes behind the bodies, while the hooded figures go to the main chamber and flank the now empty throne.

Kelpstrand
2009-09-18, 07:29 PM
Kalah confirms that it is unlikely Team Pelor is into necromancy, and continues on his path, back to rest.

Keld Denar
2009-09-18, 07:58 PM
Vist

I'd just as soon see the bodies destroyed. They were once noble creatures, regardless of what they've become. Undeath is not a fate I would wish on anyone...

SurlySeraph
2009-09-18, 08:07 PM
Ryli

The elf shrugs at Frostfist's request. "Whatever. I sure as hell can't use them for anything."

Oslecamo
2009-09-18, 08:21 PM
Frostfist

You clerics of the "good" side and your positive energy love. You've been for centuries arguing that undeath is such a bad fate, but you really have no proof of that! I have yet to see a good zombie or skeleton complain of their own existence. Sure ghosts and some other similar undeads are indeed tortured souls, but for the most part necromancy is a misunderstood yet a very usefull and actually benefetical art. We use the dead so the living may have an easier time.

If it wasn't for the completely unjustified hate we receive, the world would be a much better world. Free cheap labor force for everybody! Immortality for our greatest minds! The final cure for all diseases! I myself intend to become one when my body starts failing me.

Keld Denar
2009-09-18, 08:42 PM
Vist

My experience with those who "transcend" mortality to undeath is that that disconnection tends to foster a loss of humanity. When a person stops being who they were, then what have they become? Good intentions often decay and become corroded things that often do more ill than good. I pray that you acknowledge this, and strive to maintain good sense and compassion, regardless of your future endevors.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-18, 10:00 PM
While there is truth in some of what you say... is it right to make the undead slaves? I mean, most undead have no free will.
And half of them that do seem to turn evil.
Although, I have met Deathless before so not all are bad.
If only because we need the help: I have no issue with you claiming the bodies for now, but promise you will not do any evil with them. Pelor dislikes undeath in concept, but I am sure he will allow it in emergencies like this.

Necromancy has been known to corrupt: whether it be the useage itself or the power one gains, I know not.
Just be careful Frostfist.

Du'Ran is unsure. On one hand the help might be useful, but, on the other, it feel wrong to need the help.

Dacia Brabant
2009-09-18, 11:10 PM
Rhodius

"Mortals always worry about a lot of rubbish."

The warforged had been silent throughout the torture/interrogation of the angel, showing no care for the proceedings but instead considering the information it divulged. However, after this latest exchange, Rhodius felt the need to interject. So he continues:

"Normally I am not one to shy away from a good intellectual debate--although your mortal duality of body and soul is not one of my preferred subjects--but right now we cannot afford any discord in our ranks. There remain preparations to make for future assaults and apparently a new enemy, these dragon-men, to take into consideration as well before we make our next move. Let us repair to the caverns and meditate upon these matters until they are resolved, then you may argue over the principles of life and death all you like."

<Besides,> he thinks afterwards to his psicrystal, <If anything is going to make a better world like this giant says, it will not come from beings of flesh--living or reanimate. But it will come in time.>

Oslecamo
2009-09-19, 05:39 AM
Frostfist

I assure you, I'll use those bodies for just purposes. If the angels will be back with reinforcments, we'll need all the help we can find, and it would be fiting to give those fallen celestials a chance to redeem themselves by protecting the villagers once again.

Oslecamo
2009-09-20, 05:54 AM
(bumpy. Sooo, do you keep resting untill the morning? Go right after the dragonspawn tribe? Don't be afraid to take some iniative! Somebody has to!)

Starbuck_II
2009-09-20, 08:52 AM
Kalah, I know you want to face the dragon men, but I ask do you have enough spells without resting?
Should we not rest first?

Du'Ran said he yawned. He And Jo'hn also casts Lesser Vigor on two of the most hurt party members.

Keld Denar
2009-09-20, 09:13 AM
Vist

I need a few minutes to commune with Pelor.
How do you want to handle this? I have a list of questions, but some have followup questions...PM? IM? You're call. My IM is listed in my profile.

Oslecamo
2009-09-20, 09:16 AM
I'll need to think carefully on the answers of the questions so PM please.

Dacia Brabant
2009-09-20, 09:27 AM
Rhodius

"Yes, I am low on my power reserves and must meditate to restore them, however as I do not sleep I will stay alert near the entrance in case our enemies refuse to grant us rest."

Unless you want to we probably don't need to play out manifesting Psychic Reformation on Vist, I've already marked the 50 XP off my sheet for it.

Oh, can anyone ID any of the treasure we got?

Oslecamo
2009-09-20, 10:01 AM
No, no need to RP psychic reformation unless you want to.

Kelpstrand
2009-09-20, 12:22 PM
Kalah specifically said he was resting till morning. He's back in the throne room resting right now.

I'm waiting on everyone else to declare themselves resting for the next X hours, were X = 9-Y, and Y is the number of hours we have already rested.

Also, Vist, remember to prepare scry tomorrow, so that I can purposefully fail my save after I teleport to the Dragon camp, and then you can follow me with the group.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-20, 01:24 PM
So Du'Ran and Jo'hn uses healing spells, etc before we rest. First wait till Lesser vigor tuns out then use rest of healing (first casting Healer's Lorecall to get additional healing = caster level). Make everyone healthy in hps. Jo'hn prepares that Adept Spirit Caster level boosting spell.
So rope trick or actual bed?

We don't need full 8 hrs, but why not.

SurlySeraph
2009-09-20, 06:39 PM
Ryli climbs back up into the rope trick. "If anyone tries ta wake me up again tonight, I'm gonna take their eyes out with a spoon" she flatly announces, wiping angelic blood off her armor.

Sleep until everyone else is waking up.

Kelpstrand
2009-09-20, 07:07 PM
After finishing the rest period, and not preparing spells, but doing some concentrating (Because I am a spontaneous caster, that casts like my Cohorts Cohort would!) Kalah heads off to see the commoners, and informs them that today, right nowish, might be an excellent day to go about the process of collecting stuff from their homes.

He then heads outside, assuming that the town is within 2 miles, casts Control Weather, to give them pretty sunshine and nice spring day.

If it isn't within 2, but is within 4, he'll teleport to half way and then do it (after casting invisibility).

If not within 4 miles, I'll wait to figure it out till then.

Then he will cast invisibility (or still being invisible, not do so) and teleport to the location of the town, and see what he sees.

Will wait for further actions based on info about town distance and if anything is there.

Oslecamo
2009-09-20, 07:16 PM
Except some local animals wich seem to have taken shelter on the remains of the houses, the village four miles away from Frostfist's cave seems completely empty.

Meanwhile the villagers in better shape decide to organize a small expedition to retrieve the stuff left behind, leaving behind the elder, children and sick on the safety of the cave.

Roll spot and listen

Kelpstrand
2009-09-20, 07:57 PM
Okay, so I forgot to make clear buffs and stuff. I should have cast See Invisibility, but I didn't, however, I did intend to (and on my sheet, counted them) to cast Air Walk + Magic Circle Against Good/Law. I also meant to say that I cast Extended Create Magic Tattoo on everyone willing to give me 100gp. I marked 5 castings on my sheet, for myself + Vist + Rhodias + Jo and Do. If anyone isn't willing to pay, I'll add back the spells.

And like always, I would have teleported to X feet above the village, to get a full view, like probably 50-60ft.

Rule as you will based on all this information, can I assume the place is within 2 miles of the cave?

Also, when I get back from here, we need to collect items and I'll teleport to the city to sell them.

[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot

Dacia Brabant
2009-09-20, 10:48 PM
Um, I didn't realize it but I seem to be broke, so would you accept payment out of my share of the spoils from that last fight? We still have to divvy that up anyway and I think there's enough plat to cover the bill.

All my buffs are short-term so I'll just wait until something happens I guess.

By the way, what sorts of materials are readily available in this area besides stone, or is that it?

Keld Denar
2009-09-20, 11:43 PM
Vist

I have finished Communing with the Skyfather. What I have learned is rather disconserting, but there is hope. Let us retire for the rest of the evening and make ready to teleport in the morning.

Can Vist get his spells back? If not normally, he has a Heward's Fortifying Bedroll, which allows reprep of spells after only 1 hour of rest. Its in Complete Mage.

Oslecamo
2009-09-21, 02:59 AM
Kalah doesn't detect anything strage on the village.

Yes, rest period has ended and you all could prepare your spells again.

Also I told on my last post that the village was four miles away from Frostfist's cave.

As for materials, you have stone, plenty of ice, there's some wood back at the village, and you can always try asking Frostfist for more exotic stuff.

Kelpstrand
2009-09-21, 08:09 AM
Kalah teleports back to Frostfist's cave, and asks if anyone has some items they'd like him to sell.

Will also cast all the buffs I just stated I would have cast, if they weren't already.

Used so far today: Control Weather, 3 Greater Teleports, Air Walk, Magic Circle, Stone Tell, Invisibility, 5 Create Magic Tattoos.

Keld Denar
2009-09-21, 09:48 AM
Vist

Vist casts GMW, chained through his Lesser Rod. Anyone who wants one gets a +3 weapon, unless we have more than 15 weapons here...

Vist also casts Mage Armor, Heart of Earth, Heart of Fire, Heart of Air, and Heart of Water (CAPTAIN PLANET!!!!!), along with Overland Flight.

After Kalah gets back from pawning goods, Vist says:
Whenever you are ready, Kalah, I will follow your teleport. Everyone, please move close to me.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-21, 10:16 AM
Jo'hn uses DSP then casts Reached Chained Magic Vestment. Giving everyone better armor/shields (assuming he doesn't fail his DSP check).

DSP addds to his caster level with luck.
[roll0]

Starbuck_II
2009-09-21, 10:18 AM
Caster 13 for the Magic Vestment: everyone has +3 armor/shields. Robes can be increased for those casters wearing one.

And Du'Ran casts Greater Status on every party member so he can cast 0-2nd level spells at ranged as if touching.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-21, 10:25 AM
Du'Ran casts Heroes Feast so everyone dig in that wants the bonuses.

Let use eat and be merry!

Bonuses:
Immune poison/fear. 1d8 +7 temp hps, +1 morale will/hit forthose partaking.
[roll0]

Oslecamo
2009-09-21, 10:56 AM
Items need to be identified before selling. Asking the shopkeepers to do so will carry a tax equal to the cost of a scroll of identify, and the regular shopkeepers only have identify up to 13th level.

SurlySeraph
2009-09-22, 08:58 PM
Ryli

Having woken up late, Ryli continues eating after the rest of the group finishes. She grabs a handful of food and keeps chomping away even as she moves over to Vist for the teleport. "So," she asks between mouthfuls. "Are we gonna go get the angels now? Or is this more lame planning ****?"

Dacia Brabant
2009-09-23, 08:57 PM
Rhodius

Believing it was now safe for him to leave his watchpost, Rhodius joins the others at the feast and, perhaps surprisingly to some, starts eating* his portion.

"Normally I do not consume organic fare," he says after a little while to no one in particular, "But, these are strenuous times, and one should take what is offered."

He has nothing much to say about the "planning ****" but after meal time is over he does ask Vist "to notify me at least one minute in advance of the group's teleportation to the dragon-men's encampment."

* I wasn't sure so I looked it up and, even though living constructs don't need to consume food or drink, they can do so in order to gain magical benefits like this. So yay. :smallsmile:

And in case the party starts while I'm working or otherwise away from internet, Rhodius will manifest the following once it's time:

- Psionic Fly from Evader Psicrown (DC 20 UPD, rolling multiple checks in case of failure, roll of 1 means no psicrown for a day which would suck.)
- Inertial Armor from dorje (+6 Armor AC, 5 hours, shared with psicrystal if possible)
- Energy Adaptation (7pp, 130 minutes, Energy Resistance 30, shared with psicrystal)
- Share Pain with psicrystal (3pp, 13 hours)
- Vigor (50 hp, 10pp, 13 minutes, shared with psicrystal)
- Force Screen from dorje (+5 Shield AC, 5 minutes, shared with psicrystal if possible)

That'll do for now. Oh and the UPD rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Nice, got it in one.

Oslecamo
2009-09-25, 12:33 PM
Kalah apears in mid air, and just below him he instantly spots the dragonspwan camp.

It's built in a small recess in the ice wich provides some protection from the wind. It's mostly composed of large crude tents of skin and bone, built around one main huge tent with the skulls of several beasts hanged on it's exterior.

Between the tents you can see remains of half-eaten bodies and small piles of primitive weapons.

Six dragonspawns are imediatily visible. Five of them are roughly human sized. They resmemble humanoids, with two legs and two arms, plus a long tail at their back. Their skin is covered with tick pure white scales and they don't seem to have hair of any kind. Their heads resemble those of dragons, with large jaws, horns and spikes along their vertebra. They have small recessed wings on their backs, and they wear a variety of metal armors.

They wander along the camp busy with several mundane activities, but siting on a pile of furs a much larger dragonspawn sits, sharpening a spear. It is considerably more muscled, and it's scales much larger than it's smaller bretherns.

Six dragonspwas scatered among the camp, one of them large sized, several tents. If you want a map of the whole place, you'll have to wait some more time.

Also, untill further notice, Kalah only managed to acquire items worth less than 1000 gold individually for now, plus an heaven's torn that he got lucky finding in the display of a more obscure shop.

Oslecamo
2009-09-25, 08:10 PM
Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2.png

Kelpstrand
2009-09-26, 01:20 AM
Kalah, who is invisible, will proceed to Cast Control Winds centered on T11, with the full radius of 600ft, encompassing the entire camp, but with an eye with a radius of 10ft in the middle. Hurricane Force winds. DC 24 negates. I forgot to ask previously, but this is per round like normal wind, not once per spell right?

The version is Updraft blowing in. And this breaks invisibility (and sanctuary too I think, but not looking it up), even though he doesn't consider most of the Dragon men enemies, but as potential henchies, they are only henchies after an ass kicking, so yeah.

Still 50ft up with Magic Circle + Air Walk + See invisibility+ Heroes Feast.

Also, when a large number of dragonspawn are within range, like the eye, he will address them telepathically.

Probably wait for that, since for this round, I'm sure they'll be attempting to begin their assault on Kalah, and after next standard action, we will see if they accept their inability to harm him.

Init, since I guess this counts as surprise round [roll0]

Oslecamo
2009-09-26, 07:09 AM
Kalah raises his arms, and then a soft breeze starts to blow. A soft breeze that quickly grows into a full force hurricane. The tents hold for a moment the wrath of the wind fiend, and then are ripped apart as if they were made of paper, revealing several dragonspawns inside them.

The camp is quickly thrown into turnoil as the remains of the tents and it's contents are scatered by the winds. Some of the dragonspawns are blown away and rolled trough the snow towards the calm center. But most of them manage to hold against the fury of the wind, and look around with confused looks, trying to understand what the hell is hapening.

At the middle of the camp, where the biggest tent was, now stands a massive fifteen foots tall dragonspawn. It wears a tick armor aparently made of ice and it's scales are specially brilliant, shining under the sun. In one arm he has a colossal white shield and on the other a massive spear. While his lesser brethern struggle against the hurricane, this huge dragonspawn barely seems affected by it. It looks around with an angry face at the sudden chaos, and tries to shout something, but his words are crushed by the strenght of the hurricane.

It then turns his head towards the skies, where he meets Kalah. He points his spear towards him, in both clear defiance and a silent attack order.

Crunch:

Well, tents destroyed, revealing all of the dragonspawns. Those who failed their saves have a p on them meaning they are prone and were also moved.

Kalah lost invisibility and sanctuary as this was clearly an ofensive action.
But he also won iniative. Do you want to do something, or do you wait for the dragonspawns reactions?

Situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-1.png

Kelpstrand
2009-09-26, 12:44 PM
Action 2 is to manifest Telekinetic Sphere around myself.

Oslecamo
2009-09-26, 04:38 PM
As the dragonspawns try to get themselves up from the tornado, Kalah surrounds himself with a protective force bubble.

One of the dragonspawns who hadn't been knocked prone and who had line of sight to Kalah then takes a strange position, takes out a javelin out of his back and then throws it with such massive strenght and speed that not even the tornado winds manage to make it stray from it's path. However, despite the great martial prowess of the attack, the javelin shatters harmlessly against the force bubble.

The remaining dragonspawns, trying to stand against the wind, look angrily at Kalah, and then at their own companions, making strange gestures due to the inability to speak with words.

Three of the smaller dragonspawns and one of the large ones then pull out wooden amulets from their belts. They rise them in the air and chant something. The amulets glow briefly with a bluish light and Kalah sudenly feels his sphere tremble as it is grinded down by shattering magic.

Dispel magics targeted on the sphere. Their best shot was 26, and your sheet says you use bubbles SLAs at 14 caster level.

The bubble breacks and disapears, and the remaining dragonspawns don't lose time. They throw a concentrated rain of javelins towards Kalah, with the same martial prowess the first one revealed, as if the air on the battleground was perfectly calm.

But Kalah is still pretty high, and his armor is reinforced by Pelor's blesssings. Most of the javelins bounce harmlessly of these protections, but some manage to pierce his flesh.

Then the dragonspawn leader, assured that Kalah has no more tricks under his sleeve, throws a huge bone javelin that almost impales Kalah from one side to the other, but the wind fiend manages to move out of the way in time, reducing the damage to just a very nasty flank wound.

Crunch:

Dragonspawn javelins don't seem to be hindered by wind.
Three of the normal sized ones and one of the large seem to be able to cast spells as normal spellcasters.

Kalah takes 93 damage from several javelins. 50 of that damage was from a crit from the boss.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-2.png

Kelpstrand
2009-09-26, 05:23 PM
A flash comes from Kalah as Giant spinning winds surround him for a brief second, batting aside the Javelin from the biggest Dragonspawn.

The Minds of his opponents are filled with a mighty laugh of joy, followed by his challenge:

[Good that you have so many minions, Overgrown Lizard. Alone you are too pathetic to touch me, and your destruction would be a mere formality. Nothing you can do can even touch me. You are nothing but a pack of dogs to me, and a particularly mangy one to be led by such a pathetic creature as to have sworn fealty to another.]

A Gigantic Area of Darkness then Envelops Kalah, reaching more than half way to the ground beneath him and up into the sky above him.

Wings of Cover on Boss Javelin. I think it's fair to say that's the one I'd be most concerned about even if you hadn't specified damage.

Plus it's part of my Master plan. 43 damage then?

After that. Kalah will issue his challenge [roll0] use Diplomacy or Intimidate as you like. The point is to issue a challenge to the boss such that it discourages the others from aiding him, so... +9 or +25.

Based on my Trig, it includes everyone within 85 horizontal feet of me (technically, 86.something) which is the entire camp.

Then he will cast Blacklight (20ft radius sphere of darkness) centered on a point 10ft lower than his current location. He will then move 10ft down and 10ft forward to a point 40ft or 50ft up, depending on what you choose as his initial height in U14. Not rolling MS, since Wind auto hides noise.

Then will, as soon asturn ends use his immediate action to cast Greater Mirror Image, creating [roll1] images.

I love the whole "Wind blocks all sound." thing. Makes being a spellcaster a lot easier.

Oslecamo
2009-09-26, 06:00 PM
The dragonspawns look amazed as Kalah blocks their boss's attack, and they seem to start losing confidence against this new enemy.

Then, after Kalah's speech, the bigger dragonspawn bursts out on anger, slamming the ground with his massive clawed feets. He picks out random stuff from the ground and throws it to the darkness zone, to no avail.

If Kalah is willing to listen telepathically, he will hear something like:

I'm the biggest and the strongest here! Not like those coward bird-women that use sly tricks! Come out of your tricks and fight me! One on one to in a prove of power! I'm not afraid of you, I'll crush you! Then I'll go and impale the bird-women boss on my spear! All their heads for the Mother! Meat for the tribe! Glory for me!

It then turns to his servants, making agressive movements with his spear and a mixture of angry expressions with his face, pointing towards the center of the storm. The dragonspaws look now somewhat doubtfull, but the strenght of the tornado wind ends up helping them acept to go to the calm eye at the center.

The three large dragonspaws latch their claws at the rock, managing this way to stand their ground, and now look with a mixture of greed and suspicion at their leader.

The chief dragonspawn ignores them, and readies another javelin, waiting for Kalah to come out. When the blacklight disapears, and Kalah produces his illusions, the dragonspawn lets out a cry and throws his javelin:

I'm the warchief! Die by my spear!

It then unleashes his javelin, destroying one of the illusions.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-3.png

Your move.

Kelpstrand
2009-09-26, 06:15 PM
During his turn, Kalah will walk out of the Blacklight over at T 13 above the group, sending his images out first, and finding one of them quickly disintegrated, he will cast Unluck on his opponent.

DC 22.

Oslecamo
2009-09-27, 07:17 AM
Ups wrong thread to roll.
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

Oslecamo
2009-09-27, 07:29 AM
As Kalah tries to curse the dragonspawn, he feels a formidable resistance. The spell is completely resisted by the beastial mind.

The dragonspawn them moves under Kalah, opening his jaws and sending forth a freezing breath that engulfs the fiend and this illusionary clones at the same time.

Crunch

Unluck save made.

Kalah takes 18 cold damage, ref 28 for half damage, ref 23 or be entangled(-2 to attacks, -4 to dex, can't move).

Note:altough you can pass trough your images to keep the oponents guessing, in my interpretation of the rules you cannot send your images ahead or comand them to perform any specific actions besides mimicking your own. There's plenty of other illusion spells for that kind of stuff.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-5.png

Kelpstrand
2009-09-27, 01:51 PM
Winds swirl around Kalah, whipping the attack away.

He retaliates by moving up 10ft and laying down a fog that moans terribly. Tiring the beast below him.

Wings of Cover the Breath Weapon. Total Cover should prevent the attack, since it's a burst not a spread, but Wings of Cover rules text was written by someone who didn't understand how area work, so please read it for me (Races of the Dragon) and give me a ruling.

If you decide that it does bypass Total Cover, I would still have a +8 bonus to the save, and so would still do it. Arguably, also Improved Evasion, but maybe not, need to look up those rules.

Roll that hopefully will be ruled unneeded (Reflex save) [roll0].

Images increase by one to eight again.

As for the sending them first, I was just RPing the reason why he rolled to hit an image. It was just an explanation of mechanics, not actually a mechanical effect.

Then Kalah moves up and unleashes a Kalah's Moaning Mist [Kelgore's Grave Mist substituted Sonic].

Does [roll1] Sonic damage, SR does apply, assuming he has it. However, even if he does have it, no SR, no Save fatigue. If he takes any sonic damage, must make a DC 25 save against becoming Shaken. Is a fear effect, so it's quite likely he's immune.

Oslecamo
2009-09-27, 03:42 PM
Wings of cover works more or less like the old shield spell. It produces just a semisphere, wich grants total cover from one direction only.

Anyway, RAW is RAW, and the spell is already strong enough as it is. Area attacks still hit you.

Plus you get only a +4 bonus to reflexes. The +8 bonus is to AC.

Also, you needed two saves, one for the damage, the other for the entangle.

You already failed the damage save. Let me roll the save for entangle to save time(DC23)
[roll0]

EDIT:Plus, grave mist text says it is the sonic damage that ignores SR, not the fatigue effect.

Oslecamo
2009-09-27, 03:57 PM
Well may as well the spell resistance.
[roll0]

Kelpstrand
2009-09-27, 04:07 PM
Wings of Cover is a full sphere of total cover. And even if it were only half it would still block all bursts and emanations, since standing behind a wall does. Like I said, the area part was written by someone with no clue how area spells actually. But yeah, your option.

As for damage vs fatigue. Oh. My mistake, that makes it slightly less useful but still not bad at all. I have generally pretty good SR penetration, I certainly hope we aren't dealing with RNG breaking SR.

So is the damage all from one source?

Oslecamo
2009-09-27, 04:54 PM
The cold damage yes so it should bypass your resistance.

The five javelins are also all coming from the boss alone. But as I pointed out in the OOC thread if you believe it's too cheesy to assume that you can close your eyes and target a silent enemy whose position you knew beforehand then I'll be willing to concede on that point and I'll start rolling to take out images.

And no, you didn't bypass his SR. Very close tough.

Kelpstrand
2009-09-27, 06:02 PM
Kalah Wings of Covers the Spears and Leaves.

Oslecamo
2009-09-27, 06:04 PM
The fog passes trough the dragonspawn warchief whitout hurting him. He then pulls out five more javelins from under his armor and proceeds to throw them in sucession against the clutter of illusions from Kalah.

Four illusions disapear as they're trespassed by the crude weapons, but the real Kalah sees that one of them is going straight to his face...

4 illusions lost, one javelin should hit the real Kalah, doing 24 damage.

Als, you'll be frozen in place for the next:[roll0]-1 rounds.

Situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-6.png

Kelpstrand
2009-09-27, 06:21 PM
See above. Kalah Wings of Covers the one Spear, then Teleporst away.

Kelpstrand
2009-09-28, 08:51 AM
Meanwhile, back at Frostfists Lair.

A Huge Dragon comes swooping in from far out, traveling at 360ft a round. It's Copper scales glitter dully.

Speaking from behind mask mounted on it's face that looks like the head of the Platinum Dragon, he calls out to you, Ho Warriors of the Lighted One. I have been sent looking for you by a member of our order. Glanauk requested that I be sent to replace him, as he is sorry his work has taken him away from you.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-28, 11:47 AM
Who are you? I am Du'Ran, an Illumian, who follows Pelors missions. Did Kalah send a dragon dude because we are facing dragonmen?

Du'Ran said as he saw this not-Kalah stands before him when he was expecting someone else. The fact that it flew was impressive at least.

Keld Denar
2009-09-28, 11:53 AM
Vist

Hail! If you knew Glanauk, you must be ok. Welcome! You caught us just in time, we were just about to teleport away. What is your mission?

Kelpstrand
2009-09-28, 11:55 AM
The Dragon rears it's head back and scowls down at you.

I do not know of this Kalah you speak. Glanuak reported his journey, and requested the Order of Bahamut to send further aid and support to your cause. He was called back to other concerns. But I am hear to aid you in his stead.

Please inform me of any aid I can provide you. Certainly I could aid in the quick travel to another location, as it appears your entire group could ride upon my back. But I have only just arrived, and know not what we face, or where.

EDIT: I see, teleportation is another matter. Surely you cannot carry the entire group at once? To what distant local are you headed? If it is required, my size can be reduced for aid in transportation. I will not do so until I am sure that I will be accompanying you to your destination.

Oslecamo
2009-09-29, 01:19 PM
Bumpy. So, can I place the part at the dragonspawn camp? Wich part would Vist prefer? Or you're teleporting somewher else? Any last minute buffs?

Dacia Brabant
2009-09-29, 05:27 PM
Rhodius

The warforged, who had been meditating quietly, eventually comes out of his focused state to say, "I do not know Glanauk but if these others vouch for him then that is well. As to the mission, we are to give battle to a nearby tribe of primative dragonspawn who have apparently joined forced with the rogue celestials that terrorize the townspeople we are protecting. As to the travel details the others would know better than I."

He stands, nods at the dragon, then whenever it looks like the group is ready to teleport he manifests the powers listed earlier.

In the intervening period when Vist was casting Scry, Rhodius will have manifested Psychic Reformation on himself to swap Linked Power out for EK: Metamorphosis. So long sweet XP and a handy metapsionic, but hello Shadesteel Golem. :smalltongue:

Oslecamo
2009-09-30, 02:13 AM
The party teleports in a featurless surface of snow and ice just north of the dragonspawn camp. Altough they can't see what's hapening on the camp itself due to it being on a recess, now hidden by a cliff, they can see a powerfull storm still raging on inside the camp.

Kalah's storm still blowing up, 600 feets radius, 40 feets high. Due to the fact that camp is surrounded by cliffs of 45 feets or higher, it means the storm is only affecting the camp itself, and you could aproach from above unhindered by the winds.

SurlySeraph
2009-09-30, 08:36 PM
Ryli

The elf watches the storm with an entranced look, her eyes following bits of airborne debris as the wind whirls them at breakneck speed. "Cool. That'd be really fun ta fight in..."
After a cursory glance around, she jogs up to the cliffs overlooking the camp to take a closer look.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Kelpstrand
2009-09-30, 08:50 PM
Shifting Back into his original form (As far as you have seen, Huge Dragon, not natural) a bark escapes his mask. Not the usual condition of camps to be invaded, unless I miss my guess.

He launches off, to scout the place, 50ft above the winds, soaring towards the center, but not in any great hurry, mostly just trying to get a view.

Spot: [roll0] Distance penalties less applied, I think.

Oslecamo
2009-10-01, 04:01 AM
The copper dragon and the barbarian both spot the same scene:the smaller dragonspawns tightened up on the calm area with the bigger ones around, claws in the ice, holding and waiting for the storm to pass.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-7.png

It is however impossible to hear anything due to the strenght of the winds.

However, as the dragon soars above the field, the dragonspawns spot him, and they all start staring at the huge figure. Most of the smaller dragonsapwns start in a frenetic agitation, the large ones carefully rise their shields in expectation and seem to shout orders to the lesser ones, and their warchief simply observes what it seems like his natural enemy, grasping a javelin on his hand.

Kelpstrand
2009-10-01, 07:53 AM
Wheeling around, he reports his findings to the others, asking them how sure they are of these creatures evil natures or deeds.

Sorry if we went over this with Kalah and I just missed it, but what color are they?

Starbuck_II
2009-10-01, 09:55 AM
I can detect evil at will, but they are outside of my detecting range. Also, I don't think it matters if they attack us first. All we know is that they allied with the angels that attacked the villagers.
They could be slaves/dominated with magic, but either way they are against us now.

Should we parlay: Maybe they can be resasoned with?
If that fails I'm okay with fighting, at least we tried.

Du'Ran says as he looks at the powerful winds and the dragon men and wonders if they have dragon-boobs.

Kelpstrand
2009-10-01, 11:31 AM
I am not certain flying into that windstorm is the best of ideas. But if we wait for it to disperse, then they will be much harder targets for me. These Angels, they are truly that corrupted that any ally of theirs is an enemy of ours?

Keld Denar
2009-10-01, 12:09 PM
Vist

I wouldn't phrase it as such. They seem to have been warped to antithesis. Good creatures are now evil, evil creaturs good, chaotic creature are now orderly, and lawful creatures chaotic.

From what we've seen though, is that only seems to affect outsiders. If these dragonkin are not extraplanar (which I doubt they are) then they would be acting upon their true nature, just the same as you and I.

Control Winds lasts for 10min/CL. Kalah had a CL of 14. Thats 140 min. Scry took 60 minutes, which leaves us with 80 minutes left...

EBT has a medium range, I could cast it from outside of the storm into the center of the storm and make everyone in the middle very uncomfortable for a while...lol. Never a Blade Barrier around when you need one...

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-01, 01:06 PM
Rhodius

"Well...it is not a sporting method to fight but, if I can see where to place it I can create from a long range a hundred cubic foot mass of pseudo-living ectoplasm that will slowly kill them over the course of several minutes as long as they are stuck inside it. Perhaps that would encourage them to parley as well."

He pauses for a moment then adds, "Or if you insist on facing them, and if any of you have some way to shield us from the winds I could do a short-range teleport of all of us into their camp as long as I know which direction to go and whether there is a large enough open area for us all. You would have to reduce your size again however," he says looking at the dragon.

Ectoplasmic Shambler could do the trick here, I could fill up almost the entire village with it in one manifesting, though I'm sure there's always a chance they could dismiss it.

Oslecamo
2009-10-01, 01:35 PM
The dragonspawns are all perfectly white. Nonshiny variant.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-01, 02:33 PM
Ryli

The thug giggles at Rhodius's proposal. "Do it! It'd be funny as hell ta see 'em trying ta get out."

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-01, 04:00 PM
Boy were my maths ever wrong, ten 10x10x10 squares is just barely going to be enough to include all of the space they're currently occupying. I think I was thinking I could make it 100x10x1 or something, but nope.

The bigger problem is it will begin to move 5' per round in the direction of the wind starting the round after it is manifested. So...yeah, it'd only last a couple rounds. Sorry. Any other ideas?

Kelpstrand
2009-10-01, 04:24 PM
The wind blows inward in all directions. That just means it will collect in the eye, which is were all the small ones are.

Well, Perhaps a weakening breath might be in order then. They do have more than a few points against them. I will strafe them. Any willing to ride closer to the combat may do so. Otherwise, I will set about weakening them for any long range spells you might possess.

Kragat will take to the skies again, waiting for any wishing to ride, and this time will fly over the group, strafing them at 45ft above the ground, just outside the wind. Blowing his breath down on a flyby attack just above the eye.

DC 32, 5 negative levels, ref for half. Based on Cones, should be a giant circle that easily encompasses all of them if they maintained position. I assume that in this strafe, they might decide to attack me, unless they are occupied with dealing with someone else's spell.

Oslecamo
2009-10-01, 05:04 PM
As Kragath aproaches, he sees the dragonspawns readying their vavelins. The white beasts stare at him with enraged but decided eyes, as if knowing that the bronze dragon will strafe them with his breath.

When Kragath opens his mouth to breathe, the dragonspawns unleash their rain of javelins. The trade of fire is brutal, as the bone projectiles find several chinks on the bronze dragon scales, hurting him gravely, while anyone looking at the smaller dragonspawns will see them squirming as if in terrible pain, barely holding themselves on their feets, while the large ones hold their ground, but are clearly weakened. Only the warchief still stands proudly, but only because of his massive bulk, wich can clearly stand a lot of punishment.

No dragonspawn made his save.
Kragath takes 181 damage.

Kelpstrand
2009-10-01, 05:20 PM
Kragat will return to the group and inform them that they should be more susceptible.

Keld Denar
2009-10-01, 06:26 PM
Vist

Very well. Any idea how we get them to surrender and fight for our cause? Or should we just exterminate them as wicked and face the angels ourselves? It matters not to me.

Starbuck_II
2009-10-01, 06:37 PM
Jo'hn, when he gets close enough cast Lesser vigor on him. I'll bring forth a Mass Resist Energy, Cold when he is in range as they might be able to breath stuff. That way we are all protected.

Du'Ran knew that fast healing wouldn't help much, but something till next action.

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-01, 07:42 PM
The wind blows inward in all directions. That just means it will collect in the eye, which is were all the small ones are.

Oh well in that case I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Rhodius

"Very well. I will see if I can make them surrender."

Rhodius and his psicrystal will Psionic Dimension Door (7pp) up about 800' above the encampment, then next round he'll manifest Ectoplasmic Shambler, Overchanneling +1 for ML 14 (still 9pp) at STUV 7-15 and QR and XY 10-11. Each round anyone who is within the shambler takes 7 points of damage.

Overchannel damage, shared: [roll0]

Oh and I just want to point out that Psionic Fly is active so I'm not trying to fall to my death here. :smalltongue:

SurlySeraph
2009-10-01, 10:41 PM
Ryli leans forward as she watches the fireworks, sword in hand and grin on face. She looks enthralled, more like a child watching a puppet show than someone watching living things collapse in agony.

Oslecamo
2009-10-02, 02:49 AM
The shambler sets in place, and a few moments later it disapears, revealing the dragonspawns, who now seemed to have thrown their weapons away and kneel, rising their arms in the air as in some sort of prayer. Even the warchief has standed down, with a defeated look on his face.

They seem to be screaming for mercy, altough it's hard to tell with the tornado raging on.

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-02, 08:36 PM
Rhodius

The warforged cautiously descends toward the dragonspawn camp, ready at a moment's notice to blink away to safety if they seem like they're about to attack him .

Move action to descend 100 feet, readying a standard action to Dimension Door back down to where the group's at just in case this is a trick. I'll be continuing this every round until I'm just outside the wind's radius, so however long that'll take at that rate.

Oslecamo
2009-10-03, 04:50 AM
The dragonspawns look with suspicious eyes at Rhodius as he descends, but don't make any agressive move. As he stops just outside of the wind radius, he hears the warchief scream trough the storm's eye:

We aknowledge your superior strenght! We didn't knew the wind fiend was a servant of a bronze dragon of such power! Tell your draconic master that we are ready to serve him if he spares our lives! Your enemies will be our enemies, our lives your weapons!

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-03, 08:06 AM
Rhodius

Bristling at the notion that he serves anyone, Rhodius for a moment considers changing himself into a dragon and creating several more draconic-shaped constructs just to show these fleshlings how foolish they are, but he decides that would not actually help the situation. So instead the warforged flies back over to where the group is waiting.

"They wish to bow before their new master--you," Rhodius says to Kragat when he arrives. "If you will spare their lives, they pledge that your enemies shall be their enemies."

Kelpstrand
2009-10-03, 02:05 PM
Can I get a heal?

Starbuck_II
2009-10-03, 02:44 PM
Here, to help with the damage, Kragat, a Heal. I see, the fast healing isn't working fast enough to numb the pain.

Du'ran says as he touches thre Dragon-dude to heal him.

Since Kragat has more than 100 hps, I guess a Heal will be needed.
Du'Ran casts heal: since caster 14, so 140 hp healed)

Which after we wait enough rds for Lesser Vigor to finish will heal most of wounds.

Kelpstrand
2009-10-03, 03:01 PM
Perhaps removing this wind might help bring them around.

Kragat flies back towards the Draconics, and Lands calmly 40ft away, still in the wind. (Make save even on 1)

So the character who does want to have a personal army doesn't get one, but the team player has to explain to the Draconics that he isn't the boss.

Oslecamo
2009-10-03, 03:34 PM
You have freedom of movement, so the wind doesn't hinder you.

However natural 1s on saves are auto-fails.

Also, being locked inside a tornado for more than an hour and then be blasted by negative energy is quite demoralizing.

And the dragonspawns have a philosophy of big is best in case nobody noticed:smalltongue:

Kelpstrand
2009-10-03, 03:49 PM
However natural 1s on saves are auto-fails.

Steadfast Determination means never failing Fort saves on a 1 if the result is greater than DC.

Oslecamo
2009-10-03, 03:52 PM
Ouch, sorry, completely missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Well, the dragonspawn are waiting.

Also notice that just because you're LG doesn't stop you in any way from lying for the greater good.

Kelpstrand
2009-10-03, 04:04 PM
Dragonspawn can't hear me if I say anything, and I can't dispel. But the telling them of not being the boss is just a personality thing, not alignment, he's not going to show up and even fake lord it over his teammates.

Oslecamo
2009-10-03, 04:28 PM
Well, if you don't intend to take any other actions and just sit there, we can skip to the moment the tornado ends. The dragonsapwns stare at you with a misture of terror and respect all this time.

Sudenly, the mighty winds stop blowing, and the remains of the encampment drop on the ground violently. The warchief stares at Kragat, while his lesser brethern cower behind his massive bulk.

If the dragon doesn't say anything, the dragonspawn leader says:

Did you stop the winds now? Are you testing us? I grow tired of all these events...You want a prove of our submission to your greater might? A blood sacrifice? A battle to the death between us? That we kneel and lick your claws?

Kelpstrand
2009-10-03, 07:09 PM
I do not seek any such evidence of submission. I came only to prevent your service to these corrupted beings who ordered you here, and to ensure your departure from this land as quickly as possible, before or after we have dealt with these creatures.

Where do you come from, and were will you go if I tell you to leave this area and make your home a days flight away from this location or more?

Additionally, will you assault the estate on this mountain, in time with our own similar attack on the structure?

Oslecamo
2009-10-03, 08:17 PM
The warchief looks very confused for a moment, then opens his jaws and let's out a soul-chilling howl wich may pass as a laughter.

Ahahhah, so the legends are true...Your kind does like to help others... If it's your wish to release us of the winged women, who am I to disagree?

Then one of the smaller dragonspawns steps forward and asks
But, warchief, what about...

The bigger dragonspawn imediatily delivers a powerfull blow with his closed fist on his underling, knocking him in the ground.

Silence! Didn't you listen to the bronze dragon you useless piece of scum? I'm still the warchief of the tribe! So don't dare to interrupt me!

Then, turning again to Kragat, the massive dragonspawn answers the remainign questions:

We come from deep inside these mountains. If we find enough preys we stay, if there's no meat nearby then we move on. If you don't want anything from us then we'll go back to the ice valleys to the north.

But if you want our help to take down those winged women, then you can count our spears by your side. Just say the phase of the sun or the moon when you would like to attack and I'll make sure my brethern are there in time.

Oslecamo
2009-10-04, 08:13 PM
Bumpy.

The winds are down. Anyone wanting to talk can go down and talk.

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-04, 09:59 PM
Rhodius

Rhodius half-listens and nods at the dragonspawn, and when there's a gap in the conversation he says (not to anyone in particular), "Impressive, finally we have a conflict that was able to be resolved without anyone having to be killed. I shall have to make a mental note of it....

Although..." he adds thoughtfully, turning to the warchief, "I could not help but notice that at least one of your underlings does not sound especially confident of that. I am curious if there is something serious it has to say about the "winged women" that we should know about before we plan our assault, or if it is simply a "piece of scum" I think is how you put it?"

Oslecamo
2009-10-05, 04:13 AM
Ah, don't worry, metal trickster, we're not hiding any information from our common enemy that may hinder our future hunt, it's just that this piece of scum still hasn't learned very well how the tribe works...

The warchief finishes his words with a glare to the one who had interrupted him.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-06, 09:54 PM
Ryli

While Rhodius parleys with the dragonspawn, Ryli climbs down into the canyon and stands behind him. After the warchief's final words, she breaks in "Yeah? How does yer tribe work, then? 'Cause where I'm from we let people say what they want, even if it's going ta be stupid. If he says something dumb, I'll hit him again for ya."

She turns to the small dragonspawn lying on the ground. "Ya heard me. Speak up. I might not kick yer ass if ya got something good to say."

Oslecamo
2009-10-07, 02:38 PM
The downed dragonspawn looks stupidly at Ryli, then answers in a confused voice:

First warchief said he was warchief because he was strongest and then big angel women came and she was stronger, so she became warchief, and then you came and were also stronger than warchief, but you didn't become warchief, yet big angel woman isn't present, who should also be warchief, so I really don't know who's suposed to be warchief now! Who will decide the next hunting grounds? I'm hungry!

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-08, 11:04 AM
Rhodius

"Well that confirms it then," Rhodius says matter-of-factly (even for him) and looks over at the dragonspawn on the ground. "Where and what you eat is none of my concern, but be assured that the 'big angel woman' will not be able to call herself warchief anymore." Then, addressing the group as a whole, he adds, "To that end, I suggest we make our assault on her forces as soon as possible so we can retain at least some element of surprise--I do not think they will have expected your tribe to have allied with us against them."

Oslecamo
2009-10-08, 04:05 PM
So, can I skip the next hour and put you aproaching the secret random ecounter angel's lair from the air? The clerics tied up and everybody else holding for their dear lifes on top of the dragon correct?

Also, you're coordinating your attack with the dragonspawns(order them to start climbing the mountain, then fly slowly so you'll arrive there at the same time), or you're going by yourselfs?

SurlySeraph
2009-10-08, 05:41 PM
Yes and coordinating the attack, respectively.

Oslecamo
2009-10-09, 12:00 PM
After almost three hours of slow flight carrying his companions, keeping his pace with the dragonsapwns on the ground, wich advance with a loose organization trough the ice and rocks, whitout however ever slowing down.

From the air, the angel's stronghold is not imediatily noticeable. Only as the party closes in and the mountain grows bigger and bigger you notice frozen humanoid statues and small patches of exposed stairs carved directly in the rock near the top, along with tiny windows sculpted directly in the rock.

It looks like some abandoned temple, completely desert...

You're 500 feets from the angel's stronghold entrance. What do you do? Also spots and listens as you like.

The dragonspawns are closing in, and they should get in there in five rounds. You can also choose to wait for them to enter and see what happens.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-09, 03:29 PM
Ryli draws her bow and nocks an arrow while observing the temple steps, not paying any particular attention to whether she's bumping her companions with the oversized longbow.

"I say we let the lizards go in first, so the angels think only one thing's goin' wrong at once. Then while they're dealing with 'em we fly in from behind and cut up everybody we see. Starting with the ones in charge if we can find 'em. Any of you guys think you got a better idea?"

I deleted my last post, because I forgot to roll and don't feel like double posting.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Keld Denar
2009-10-09, 04:42 PM
Vist

We should try to get as deep as possible as soon as possible. Strike at the heart and see if we can take out these "masters" before they get a chance to really group up in defense.

Oslecamo
2009-10-09, 06:49 PM
Ryli spots two of the smaller angels in the rocks near the ruins, aparently enjoying the sun and oblivious of the aproaching party and dragonsapwns. The barbarian can also hear some faint voices and steps from inside the ruins.

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-09, 06:56 PM
Rhodius

"Perhaps we do both. Let the lizards march up and face whatever comes to them, while we fly down and seek an entrance to the structure--I am guessing at the top of those stairs."

I'll have my Psicrystal roll Spot and Listen, since there's not much point for me to with my penalties.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Also I'm rebuffing the 50 hp Vigor (10pp, shared) and Inertial Armor and Force Screen (from dorjes, shared). Hopefully we're not going to take more than 5 minutes to get into battle. :smalltongue:

Oh and Keld, were we getting a chained Fly or should I remanifest Psionic Fly?

SurlySeraph
2009-10-09, 07:22 PM
Ryli

"We're flying. Screw the stairs, we can go through the windows."

A hint of the berserker grin plays across her lips.

"I mean, look at 'em. They're sitting around, thinking stuff's fine. And then BAM - "

Ryli illustrates the sound with a sweeping hand gesture. In the process, she releases her bowstring and sends an arrow hurtling skyward. After scarcely glancing at the arrows trajectory, she gets right back to her speech without apologizing for nearly shooting the person in front of her.

"BAM, people with swords are comin' in through the windows and the little dragon guys are killing people outside and a legit dragon's setting fire to everybody who isn't getting stabbed! ****, I'd be confused. Those bitches? They ain't never seen anything like this. They're gonna be running around panicking and we'll find their leaders and cut their ugly bitch heads off before anybody figures out what's going on!"

The image seems to please her greatly.

Kelpstrand
2009-10-09, 08:02 PM
How big is the structure? The entrances? What does it appear to be made of?

I'll roll Spot/Listen, I have Dragon senses for half or fourth distance penalty.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

With Vist's Fly, I can move 180 ft per round or 360ft run. So will wait until Dragonspawn are three rounds away before closing approximately 200ft per round.

Keld Denar
2009-10-09, 08:04 PM
Vist

When the group finds a sutably raidable window, Vist will begin chanting, casting Fly channeled through the Lesser MM Rod of Chaining (now 1 use left) and hitting everyone in the party, including the dragon and Rhodius' Psycrystal (what? I have 15 freakin targets!)!

Oslecamo
2009-10-10, 05:06 AM
Situation:

Squares with W are windows just big enough for medium creatures to pass trough, providing cover to shooters from inside. Inside seem to be dark empty rooms. Aproaching will be necessary for more information.

The zones at 60 feets with dark blue lining are covered with a mixture of statues and icicles, counting as dificult terrain but also granting concealment to anyone inside it.

At A13, A14, A15 seems to be the main entrance, altough the path at those points goes down, blocking line of sight untill you actually get there.

Everything seems to to be made of plain hard stone, with white areas being covered in ice and snow.

To the left and right side of the map the ruins seem to end and there's only rocky cliffs. If you wish to look for bacn entrances you would need to circle it. It's radius it's roughly 250 feets.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-8.png

Keld Denar
2009-10-11, 02:03 PM
Vist

Lets circle and try to find a back entrance!

Oslecamo
2009-10-12, 03:48 AM
(Assuming you try to circle, consuming one round)

The back of the mountain seems pure bare rock, whitout any visible structure.

(spot checks)

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-12, 01:06 PM
Rhodius

"Hmm, it looks like we may just have to go in the front door," Rhodius says as he surveys the backside of the mountain.

Spot checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Keld Denar
2009-10-12, 01:07 PM
[roll0]

lol

Kelpstrand
2009-10-12, 01:31 PM
Even though I have probably the highest spot check, I'm not circling, so anyone doing so is going to have to get off me.

I'm waiting for the Dragon peoples, then about one round before they close with the Angels/start throwing, I'm strafing the Angels with an Enervating Breath and ending movement directly above the building marked '35' or thereabouts, trying to minimize angle of fire from these portholes we talked about.

Oslecamo
2009-10-12, 02:32 PM
Vist and Rhodius see nothing but bare rock on the back of the mountain. Meanwhile Kragath awaits the dragonspawns to attack, while Jo'hn struggles in the back of the dragon to see if he can get a glimpse of the fortress.

Du'ran, dear friend, wouldn't this be a good time for our allies to untie us?

So, if no one wants to do anything else, and since you're unable to find an alternative entrance, can I skip to when the dragonsapwns start the attack?

Starbuck_II
2009-10-12, 05:42 PM
Yes, Jo'hn, good idea. Can anyone untie us from this dragon?

Du'Ran was enjoying the ride and completely forget he was tied down.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-13, 09:58 PM
"Probably!" Ryli announces cheerfully. She starts grappling at the knots holding the two clerics in place.

Use rope (Jo'hn): [roll0]
Use rope (Du'Ran): [roll1]
I'm good with skipping to when the dragonspawn attack. Could I take 10 to free the clerics first, though?

Oslecamo
2009-10-14, 08:30 AM
The winds on the top of the mountain blow noisily, covering the noise made by the climbing dragonspawns. Following their warchief, they hold on the ledge, then when he rises himself to the plataform his brethern follow. The sentry angels finaly seem to notice ther presence as they stand right in front of them, but before they can do anything a rain of javelins falls over them. Most of the projectiles hit their targets, but they fail to finish them as the hard angel's skin stop the javelins from hiting their vitals.

And then Kragath descends from the skies and unleashes his dark breath, reducing the angel's to black dust before they can even scream. The dragon then descends upon the main plataform, and there's no reaction from the interior of the temple.

Crunch:

Angel sentries killed before they could raise an alarm. Your move. Players who were mounted on Kragath can dismount on any square adjacent to him.

Exp will be awarded when you either stop all the enemies or retreat from the stronghold.

Move silently if you wish to remain stealthy. The wind is specialy noisy where you are, providing you a bonus.

Looting the bodies will demand time.

Situation
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-9.png

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-16, 05:13 PM
Well between Fabricate being short-range and the wind being too strong for Ectoplasmic Shambler I can't think of a good way for me to block off the windows. Sooo... I'll just fly to Q11 +20' (so I guess +50' elevation overall) and manifest Greater Concealing Amorpha (5 pp) on myself/my psicrystal.

What I do after that depends on whether any angels stick their pretty little heads out of those windows. If not I'll try to sneak in.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-17, 01:29 AM
Drawing her sword, Ryli flies up to one of the windows and peers in.

Flying to H9. If there's anything right in front of me when I get up to the window, I'll go into Ferocity as an immediate action (so +3 AC, +3 Reflex saves from the increased Dexterity).
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Oslecamo
2009-10-17, 06:55 AM
Ryli sees an empty room with old wooden furniture. Some tables and closets half-covered in dust. There's some basic weapons and tools scatered troughout the room, but all of them in such batered condition that no merchant would probably give you a single copper piece for them.

However, the presence of a couple flaming torches in the walls sugests that somebody was here recently.

There's also a closed wooden door at the other end of the room.

The dragonspawns meanwhile advance carefully to the main entrance, their weapons readied, but no angel is spoted trying to come out.

The D is the door.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-10.png

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-17, 10:02 PM
Concealed within blobs of ectoplasm, Rhodius and his psicrystal fly separately for once to inspect windows on the right side of the complex.

12 rounds left on the Greater Concealing Amorphas (total concealment so no point in hiding). Rhodius is going to the window at K21 and his psicrystal to P23. Spot checks for both, the psicrystal communicates mentally what it "sees":

[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2009-10-18, 05:12 AM
Rhodius and his psicrystal end up looking at the same room. It seems more or less like the one Ryli saw. Except that there are four angels in there, very similar to the ones you've been facing until now.

Three of them sit on a table playing cards, while the last one shoots arrows at a target drawn on the wall, as in killing time.

Since he's standing so close to the window, Rhodius can hear part of their conversation:

So, shouldn't the attack team at the giant's cave have returned by now?
Now that you mention it, yes.
Do you think that something hapened to them?
Nah, they're probably just having some fun with the villagers.
Meh, as long as they keep some for us. So, what do you bet for this round?

Situation(interior)

Ok to don't overlap too much the two situations I'm going to do a map representing the situation underground. Black areas are the zones you still didn't explore. The squares in the midle are the main entrance that was in the top of the older map.

Rhodius is 85 feets above the angels and his psicrystal is 55 feets.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3.png

Keld Denar
2009-10-18, 10:23 PM
Vist

Vist floats in after Ryli, keeping close to make sure the barbarian stays out of trouble, but not before beckoning Du'Ran andJo'hn to follow him.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-18, 11:01 PM
Ryli floats up to the door, then settles to the floor. She puts her ear to the door, listening for anything on the other side.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Oslecamo
2009-10-19, 07:09 AM
Ryli doesn't hear anything in particular trough the door.

The dragonsapwns advance keep advancing trying to make as few noise as possible, and are now near Kragat. Altough the dragon is flying, the spawns don't get directly under him, as if afraid he may sudenly drop over them.

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-19, 09:22 PM
After mentally reminding himself to get a mindlink to at least one of his companions next time, Rhodius flies away from the window to check and see if there are any more angels in rooms further up.

11 rounds left on Greater Concealing Amorpha. Flying to the window at H25 to have a look in there. Spot checks:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sheesh I think I had my eyes closed there. :smalltongue:
The second roll only counts for things within 40' distance too, blah.

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-19, 09:25 PM
May as well try a Listen check too.

[roll0]

Oslecamo
2009-10-20, 12:23 PM
Rhodius doesn't see or hear anything from the window. But he isn't very sure that's because of the room being a black bottomless pit or just his warforged eye components sudenly stoped working due to lack of maintenance.

Well yeah with rolls like that you wouldn't indeed detect anything.

If nobody does anything more then the dragonspawns will reach the entrance and be ready to pour in next turn.

Keld Denar
2009-10-20, 03:27 PM
Vist

Vist places his hand on Ryli's back, nods toward her sword, then nods toward the door. Looking back to see if Du'Ran and Jo'hn are there, and then nods toward the door again.

Starbuck_II
2009-10-20, 06:28 PM
Du'Ran readies himself. This is too easy...too quiet...reminded him of home actually. But he knew there was more than meets the eye here.
He made sure Jo'hn followed with him behind Vist.
Heaven knows what is hiding and waiting for them.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-20, 08:18 PM
Ryli looks back at her companions, then carefully pushes the door open, sword in hand.

Oslecamo
2009-10-21, 09:03 AM
Ryli opens the door, and enters another stone room with old used furniture, but she doesn't pay much atention to the details.

She pays atention to the ten foot female angel clad in golden fullplate floating just above the ground in the other side of the room. She has long white hair over her imaculate skin and her eyes are glowing yellow orbs, but has no wings.

The armor seems to be a true masterpiece, with strange marks all over it, and fiting perfectly in her body. In her hands rests a large greatsword with glowing red runes alongside it's blade. Scrolls with more mysterious texts float all around her, as some kind of familiars.

The runed angel looks back at Ryli, and whitout saying a single word tortures the barbarian's head with acusations of a life whitout purpose and filled with chaos and sins.

Her gaze catches Vist, and he finds his head filled with a sermon about leaving the true path.

Her gaze catches Du'ran, and he's chastised with questions about why does he ally with such... "Commoners".

Her gaze catches J'ohn, and he's acused of following an uworthy master.

Roll iniative!
Crunch:

Everybody looking at the angel must make will saves or, well, you'll see if you fail.
Jo'hn's save:[roll0] (well yeah that's gonna fail)

The runed angel iniative is:[roll1]. Players who are inside the room and beat her iniative can act imediatily.

The glowing eyes aren't just for the looks. Anyone with good spellcraft will identify that the runed angel is under a true seeing effect.

Exterior:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-11.png

Interior:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-1.png

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-21, 11:27 AM
Rhodius

Presuming this room to be unlit and therefore empty, Rhodius flies back toward the gathering of the dragon-people. His voice speaks to them from behind his amorpha:

"There are four angels in a room on the right, and they do not seem to know we are here."

He then turns back to that direction and, just in case the enemy has been alerted, he readies his mind to attack any angel who comes out.

10 rounds on GCA. I'm not sure if you want me to roll initiative or not since I'm not up in the room with the others, but in case you do here it is:

[roll0]

Otherwise, I'm flying to K17 (90' elevation) and readying an Ego Whip if an angel comes out of that room and into view.

Keld Denar
2009-10-21, 03:41 PM
[roll0]

Vist raises his hand, a pair of black beams fly from his open palm toward the angel.

All touch attacks:
Split Ray of Exhaustion
[roll1] DC 23 vs Exhaustion, save means Fatigued
[roll2] DC 23 vs Exhaustion, save means Fatigued

Activating Circlet of Rapid Casting for 1 charge
Escalating Enfeeblement
[roll3] [roll4] no save

Starbuck_II
2009-10-21, 04:17 PM
You dare try to speak to me in my mind? To dissuade me from this cause? For this I shall defeat all ones of the dark, and that means you!

Du'Ran says as he points his finger at the Angel with arms crossed.

Jo'hn, how about a Elation for us once the others arrive. Solar Light Weapon!

Assuming I don't fail save:
Du'Ran swings his longspear in the air like a hurricane to summon a Spiritual weapon at the Angel. Deals 1d8 +3. Hit +18 (multiple attacks on rd after 1st).

Will save:
[roll0]

Starbuck_II
2009-10-21, 04:20 PM
Spiritual weapon attack:

I included SR check in case Angel has any.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

SurlySeraph
2009-10-21, 07:46 PM
Ryli

Ryli's teeth clench and her sword flies up to a striking position as she sees the celestial. "Yeah, that's me. That's what I do. Ta hell with ya if ya don't like fun!" she shouts in answer to the angel's telepathy - though not without a hint of guilt in her voice.

That brief flash of remorse disappears as Ryli hurls herself at the angel, any reluctance she might have felt overwhelmed by hatred and excitement.

Entering ferocity as an immediate action, charging to D11, power attacking for 5.

Attack: [roll0]
Weapon damage: [roll1]
Acid damage: [roll2]
Electricity damage: [roll3]
Will save :smallfrown:: [roll4] (EDIT: I forgot to factor in a +2 from Du'Ran's Aura of Warding)
Critical confirmation, if necessary (ooh, it WAS necessary!): [roll5]

Oslecamo
2009-10-22, 07:10 AM
Ryli doesn't only manage to overcome the glare of the runed knight, it overcomes her armor as well, punching right trough the fullplate into the angel's guts, the acid burning the celestial flesh. Her oponent flinches for a second, but then pushes Ryli away and moves to the middle of the room, proving to be as durable as it looks

It then opens her mouth and utters but a single word. None of you can really understand it, but it keeps resonating over in the back of your heads over and over again in a monhotous rythm, stoping you from hearing anything else. The angel mouth keeps moving, sugesting it is shouting the alarm.

Vist also feels his head filled with even more with nonstop acusations from the runed knight, filling him with stress.

Despite being unable to listen to their own toughts, Vist, Du'Ran and J'ohn manage to fight back with their own magic. The spiritual weapon and ray of escapating efeeblement bounce off the runed fullplate, but the ray of exahustion hits the angel on the face, making it kneel momentarily as it feels her strenght failing.

Outside, the warchief points some of his minions to go to the window, while the remaining ones advance trough the main entrance.

Sensing that the moment has come, Kragat slams violently on the ground. Everybody in the temple feels the shaking of the impact, but the stone ceiling holds.

Crunch

Runed knight exhausted, and crit confirmed. Everything else failed to pierce her SR.

Wizard, clerics and barbarian deafened for [roll0] rounds and slowed for [roll1] rounds.

Vist also fatigued. Save every round you're within line of sight to the runed knight. Sucess means no fatigue, failure means fatigue

Everybody else on the room keep making saves for the gaze attack.

Ryli can make an AOO on the angel.
Ceiling didn't go down.

Situations:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-12.png
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-2.png

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-22, 10:50 AM
Rhodius

"Hmm, maybe the ice walls would be more easily broken?" the warforged offers to Kragath, and he might have given more consideration to the problem but for the goading he kept receiving from his crystal to "go kill some bad people." "But I think I shall follow the troops in now that we have announced ourselves."

And with that Rhodius flies through the main passage and into the temple proper, keeping himself at ceiling height the whole way.

9 rounds of GCA. I don't know how high the passage is but I figure if it's 20' high then that should mean I can double-move all the way to A14 on the inside map, though I will stop at B14 and try to see/hear what's going on.

Spot/Listen (me): [roll0] [roll1]
Spot/Listen (crystal): [roll2] [roll3]

Edit: Oops, I double-added the Alertness bonus so subtract 2 from each, sorry.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-22, 11:38 AM
Ryli swipes again at the knight as it slips past her. Though her ears are ringing, she closes her eyes as she turns to pursue her enemy.

I have Blindsight 5' while in Combat Focus, so I'll close my eyes so I don't have to save against the gaze attack. Slowed, so I'll use my move action to go to E9.

Attack of opportunity: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2009-10-22, 01:45 PM
I can't hear...but I can at least engage this thing!

Did Spiritual Weapon fail SR? I'll have it attack anyway. If it failed then it was gone, but I can hope.
No one but the angel can hear these words, but bah.

Du'Ran moves to E-4 (closer to the Angel).
He'll try that spellcraft thing.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Oslecamo
2009-10-22, 06:15 PM
No longer suprised, the angel skillfully parries the attacks from Ryli, and even hiting her back with a suprisingly clean cut wich the barbarian almost doesn't feel. Slowly closing in towards the casters while fighting with Ryli, as the runed knight advances, she slashes the air between them with her sword. The runes glow, and Du'Ran feels part of his magical strenght shatered.

Meanwhile Rhodius enters the tunnel, only to see two of the large amle muscled angels squeeze trough the door and blocking the path. The warforged can also hear a lot of noise coming from the right side of the temple, with wings flaping and female voices shouting, altough he can't listen well enough to distinguish the words.

Crunch

Du'Rans divine power dispeled, unless he has some special anti dispel contigencies I may be unaware off.

Ryli's both attacks missed, and she takes 19 damage, but can make a new Aoo.

Also, Starbuck, what did you mean with the spellcraft thing?

And yes, your spiritual weapon failed to pierce SR, and thus disapeared

Situation
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-4.png
(nothing changed in the exterior so no need for new map there)

Party's turn(Rhodius already acted, dragonsapawns will act after party)

Oslecamo
2009-10-23, 05:19 PM
The party hears a suddenly hears a terrible crashing sound that makes the whole temple tremble, and some dust falls from the ceiling. The runed knight seems as suprised as you.

Kragat

The stone on your path gives in and shatters. You then fall around forty feets before droping on the ground of a large room. At each corner there's a red and pink female statue of womans in exotic clothes dancing, and the ceiling is suported by two large columns with beatifully sculpted flowers, on the same red and pinck stone that the statues were built in.

This room has four doors, all opened and allowing you to peek in the respective rooms.

North of you stand three runed knights in line. They look at you with confused looks, then at the hole in the ceiling, then their eyes turn to anger. Near the runed knights are two of the lesser angels, aparently helping the large knights get trough the small doors. There's another lesser angel on the east room and a final one in the southern room. The western room seem empty.

Both eastern and western rooms seem like old and with just simple furniture, while the northern room seems to be just a tunnel connecting to other areas, with the wall at the end built in the same pink-red stone.

But the southern room reveals to hold a massive metalic door with glowing runes over it, flanked by two massive statues of crimson winged lions, sugesting there's very important behind it.

Kragat's situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-5.png

Keld Denar
2009-10-23, 06:13 PM
Vist

Vist's mouth moves, but no one can hear him. Instead, he raises one hand, pointing directly at the angel's heart. A crackling golden ray flies toward outward toward the Angel.

[roll0]
[roll1]
SR overcome is 24
Fort save, DC 28 or be stunned for [roll2] rounds. Sucessful save means its only stunned for 1 round.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-23, 06:49 PM
Ryli

Eyes shut tight, Ryli charges at the runed knight again, screaming noiselessly at it.

Crit confirmation if necessary: [roll4]

Attack of opportunity:
Attack: [roll5]
Weapon damage: [roll6]
Acid damage: [roll7]
Electricity damage: [roll8]
Crit confirmation if necessary (which it is): [roll9]

Oslecamo
2009-10-24, 07:02 AM
The runed knight gasps as it is hit by the ray straight on her chest, and then starts wavering around as if completely drunk. Ryli takes the chance to stab her on the back, again finding chinks on the fullplate and burrowing the falchion deep in the celestial's belly. The runed knight coughs blood in response, as if now heavily wounded.

In the main entrance, Rhodius remains hidden on the top ceiling, and sees one of the Shirai advance towards the massive warchief, ending just below the warforged. The angel does a martial pose and screams while delivering a punch at the dragonspawn:

I'll hold those weaklings off! Go help the runed knight!

The warchief however doesn't even flinch with the punch. It grins back at the shirai, and proceeds to brutaly stab at him with his javelin. The shirai tries desesperately to block, but the warchief size and strenght prove suoperior in this closed quarters, even landing a bite of his massive jaws on the celestial. It doesn't manage to finish his oponent tough.

Not so good strong now that you can't fly away heh bird boy?

The warchief then turns momentarily to his minions who can't advance because of his bulk and screams at them:

Hey you lousy grunts! Don't just stand there! Go trough the hole our dragon friend has just made! Get me some bird-women heads already!

Despite his miserable performace, the shirai does manages to hold the line, allowing two of the lesser angels to pass behind him, flying as fast as lighting despite the closed space. Their spiked chains covered in frost energy leave a blue trail behind as one of them quickly covers the room from one point to another, blocking the door and threatening the party casters with her weapon.

The other attacks Ryli from a safer distance, cuting the barbarian's flesh with her cold weapon. Then a shirai squeezes trough the door and quickly advances towards the barbarian, attacking her with his massive fists.

One of the land hits, and Ryli feels a surge of energy burn trough her body, destroying part of her magical protection. Then she feels the Shirai trying to get a grasp on her, but a quick swing of her falchion keeps him at bay.

In the broken chamber, Kragat unleashes his breath upon the piled up runed knights, catching them and their two smaller companions and partialy covering them on ice, slowing them down.

The one most nearby of Kragat then advances towards the dragon and says:

You two go repel the adventurers! I'll make this oversized lizard pay for dare to profanating our sacred grounds like this myself! TO ARMS SISTERS! THE MISTRESS BELIEVES IN US!

The runed knight glares at Kragat, but he doesn't feel anything at all from it, unlike the rest of the party. However, he does feel the spiked chains of the four nearby lesser angels wich quickly gank up on him. Despite the entanging ice, they prove to still be quite agile.

The runed knight takes the chance to drive her blade right between Kragat's armor and even his scales. But the dragon is so massive that even this results only on a flesh wound.

Then he hears several smaller crashes, and from the eastern room come forth several dragonspawns running and positioning themselves around the broken chamber, with one of the bigger ones still inside the other room and screaming orders:

Carefull with their reach! Draw your pikes! Kill them for the tribe!

Then from the hole on the ceiling fall two dragonspawns, but before they can land one of them is cut in half in midair by the Runed knight, and the other almost falls over Kragat's head.

Above, you can see the remaining dragonspawns piling up on the ceiling, and then you hear one of the bigger ones there saying:
Hmm, not such a good idea to fall from here... Soften them up with spears lads!

From their superior position, the dragonspawns unleash a rain of javelins on the angels, but luck doesn't seem to be in their side. Many of the javelins breack on the columns, and most of the remaining ones are easily evaded or blocked by the celestials, dealing litle damage on the end.

Crunch:

Runed knight failed the save.

Ryli takes 32 damage and loses resistance, greater.

Kragat takes 109 damage, almost half of it from a crit of the runed knight.
Entangled breath will last 2 rounds(roll on the OOC).

Kragat can make an Aoo against any of the angels that attacked him this turn(more if you have any way of making multiple aoos per turn)
Creatures with "e" are entangled

Jo'hn tries to casts shield of faith on himself, deafness [roll0]

Situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-13.png
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-6.png

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-25, 09:00 AM
Rhodius

Rhodius could not help but look down with some measure of amusement at the unsuspecting shirai beneath him. Out of thin air the warforged crystallized a piercing thought and sent it hurtling at the angel with all the focus and force of his mind, before gliding further along the ceiling to the doorways ahead.

8 rounds GCA left.

Standard action to manifest an Empowered (spending my psionic focus) 8 pp Crystal Shard at the shirai below me, for 10 pp total as a 12d6 ranged touch attack:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Then Swift action to manifest Hustle from my psicrown and use it to regain psionic focus.

Use Psionic Device: [roll2] vs. DC 20.

Then Move action to fly to the door at B15 and look in to see if any more angels are coming, before finishing move to B11.

Spot checks: [roll3], [roll4]

SurlySeraph
2009-10-25, 06:09 PM
Ryli whirls around to face the shirai as it attacks her, opening her eyes, but then shuts them again and turns back to the runed knight. "Wait yer turn, cutie. I'm gonna kill her first, then we can have some fun."

Full attack on the runed knight, PAing for 2. I'm factoring in the +2 to attack from flanking with Jo'hn in. If she dies partway through, I'll turn and attack the shirai.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Weapon damage 1: [roll1]
Acid damage 1: [roll2]
Electricity damage 1: [roll3]
Crit confirmation if necessary (it is): [roll4]

Attack 2: [roll5]
Weapon damage 2: [roll6]
Acid damage 2: [roll7]
Electricity damage 2: [roll8]
Crit confirmation if necessary: [roll9]

Attack 3: [roll10]
Weapon damage 3: [roll11]
Acid damage 3: [roll12]
Electricity damage 3: [roll13]
Crit confirmation if necessary (it is): [roll14]

Keld Denar
2009-10-25, 10:46 PM
Vist

Vist takes a 5' step to I2 and casts a Split Ray of Enfeeblement, targeting the angel immediately before him and the big Shirai angel, then cast a quickened Grease centered at F/G 7/8.

Automake Concentration for up to 8th level spells.
1 = Little Angel
2 = Shirai
[roll0] [roll1] Beats SR24
[roll2] Beats SR24
Errr, actually, its one spell, would I even need the 2nd deafen roll?
Grease Deafen [roll3] failed....boo!
DC 21 for the Grease and balance checks (DC15) vs prone to move off it.

Keld Denar
2009-10-25, 10:48 PM
And cause I forgot...
[roll0]

Starbuck_II
2009-10-26, 06:14 AM
Du'Ran gaves up on speaking in his deafen state. He begins preparation for a spell.

He starts summoning up a Bralani Eldarin. 1 rd casting so won't be done till end of round.
If I roll 21 or higher the spell works due to deafened.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2009-10-26, 02:21 PM
Kragat flies up, forcing his way trough the angel's atempts at keeping him down, and then breathes forth a foul dark-green mixture wich partialy melts the lesser angel's sin and flesh, making them scream in agony. The runed knight manages to hide behind a pilar, managing to don't get fully hit by the attack, altough her right arm is clearly partialy shrived and burned. Of the dragonspawn that was caught in the middle, there's nothing left but a small pile of smoking goo.

Fall back sisters! Treat yourselfs before he can breath again! This is no ordinary golden dragon! He breathes as tough he was an undead! Is this Frostfist's new pet he sends against us?

Then, one of the dragonspawns lieutenants screams:

NOW! She's all alone! Swarm her!

Kragat can then see them all proceed to jump down the hole in the ceiling, and then the dragonspawns releasing their own breathes and trying to bite the angel, but the runed knight still proves a formidable fighter despite the weakening breath, cuting down three dragonspawns that come too close and holding off the remaining at bay, taking few blows in return. Then Kragat can see no more of the battle as he moves away in search of a new ceiling to break.

Rhodius hits the Shirai right in the back, but the celestial still stands.

What the...They have a sniper? Screw this, let the women knights take care of this!

With those words, the shirai jumps back and flies away to the eastern door. The warchief manages to bite one of his arms as he runs away, but it isn't enough to stop him.

Hey! Come back here!

The warchief follows, but is unable to go trough the medium door, so he puts his head inside. You hear a piercing scream, and then the warchief pulls back his head, covered in red blood. Between his jaws it's still seeable the remains of a pair of wings of a lesser angel, wich are quickly gulped down.

Hmm, tastes like bird!

Meanwhile, Ryli imaples the runed knight from one side to the other, then pulls back her sword and decapatitates the angel in one fluid move. The head rolls over the ground with her eyes still open, as if unaware of what just hapened.

The Shirai tries to attack Ryli by the back, but Vist steps forward and hits him with a black ray wich makes him drop on the ground, his muscles sudenly shriveled.

Vist's second ray however is easily deflected by a swing of the lesser angel's spiked chain, wich barely seems to pay atention to the wizard. The celestial is much more interested on Du'Ran wich is clearly preparing himself to cast some powerfull magic.

Oh no you don't!
Step away from him you witch!
Jo'hn steps forward swinging his mace, but the angel is just more skillfull. The chain goes over Jo'hns shoulder and hits Du'Ran, altough not with enough strenght to throw him out of concentration.

Crunch:

Runed knight at top killed.
Shirai on the middle retreated to the eastern room
Warchief killed a lesser angel with a crit, on the eastern room.
Kragat breathes greatly weakened the lesser angels, but they managed to escape alive. Clearly they had some natural resistance to acid, altough not immunity.
All dragonspwans in the interior. You cannot see them besides the warchief.

Kragat takes 57 damage from aoos as he flew away.
Ryli takes 30 damage from the neary lesser angel. Also you're still slowed, so no full attacks.
Du'ran takes 14 damage. And now that I remember it, you're also slowed, so no fullround spells for you either! Please pick another action.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-8.png
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-14.png

SurlySeraph
2009-10-26, 10:32 PM
Ryli grins as the runed knight's mutilated carcass hits the ground. She turns to the shirai, beaming at it as blood drips from her sword. And armor. And hair.

"Like what ya see, big boy?" she asks, tensed muscles quivering like a tuning fork as she prepares to lash out. "I'm gonna kill yer other girlfriend too!" she announces cheerfully. Stepping over to the chain-wielding angel, Ryli slashes for the throat.

Five-foot step, then attacking the angel at F9

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-27, 11:50 AM
Rhodius

Although no one can see it behind his amorpha, the warforged grimaces at the carnage. Rather than add to it directly he spends the next several seconds crafting with his mind a large serpentine figure that comes into being next to the weakened shirai. So much of himself does he put into its creation that he has to lose his focus (and likewise refocus his thoughts around the crystal gem hanging around his neck) to prevent the effort from injuring him.

<Hold the large man there until he stops moving,> Rhodius mentally commands his astral construct before shifting behind the table in front of him.

7 rounds GCA remaining.

Full-round action to create a Level 8 Astral Construct with the Constrict (+Improved Grab) ability, overchanneling +2 (expending psionic focus per Talented feat to avoid taking 3d8 damage) and activating Torc of Power Preservation (4 daily uses left) to reduce cost by 1 pp to 14 pp. Then gliding 5 feet to A10.

Construct appears at B-C 7-8 and its duration is 15 rounds. Craft check to make it look like a large constrictor snake: [roll0]. At the end of my turn it full-attack grapples the shirai.
Touch attacks: [roll1], [roll2].
Grapple checks: [roll3] [roll4].
If the first attack/grapple is successful, the second check will be an attempt to pin the shirai.
It deals slam damage on sucessful grapple checks: [roll5], [roll6].

Keld Denar
2009-10-27, 06:47 PM
Vist

Stepping another step back (to I1), Vist summons an explosion of brightly glittering confetti centered at E/F 9/10, hoping to blind 2 of the remaining angels. DC23 Will vs Blindness, -40 on hide checks.

Ryli, be a sweetheart and kill this one for me? Vist points at the angel at I4.

Oslecamo
2009-10-28, 10:38 AM
As the deafened party members start to recover their audition, they can hear the sound of clashing metal and flesh from deep inside the temple, alongside with screams of batle and pain.

Kill her! Now!
Her eyes! They burn!
Come! You think you can even hurt me? Those are nothing more than scratches! Taste my runed blade you beasts!
ACK! Oh you grunt, come here and patch this up!
Where's the warchief?

Vist sends forth a rain of golden sparks wich blinds the shirai but just leaves the lesser angel sparkling in a beatifull way. You may even consider it a true work of art, if not for the fact it is trying to smash your heads. Ryli further suports this by delivering a nasty cut to the angel's leg, drawin more blood into the floor.

The two lesser angels more near you spin wildy their chains in a blind fury, failing however to actualy land any good blow. The shirai surrounds himself with a globe of light, wich however almost isntantly shatters, as Vist's spells prove an hard nut to crack.

As he's crafting his minion, Rhodius can see the warchief breack down the wall and charge inside the room, leaving a huge hole behind.

Hey, get down here! Wait, who are you...

Then, a massive green constrictor snake apears out of thin air and coils around him, quiccly and brutaly pinning him on the ground, where it struggles desesparetly as the construct starts to slowly crush him.

Du'Ran also finishes his summoning, and a handsome woman with tick expensive green and purple robes apears just behind the lesser angel blocking the door. She looks like a rich desert nomad, but her features are too perfect for a single mortal. The bralani draws a heavily adorned silver scimitar, while at the same time dividing into multiple copies of herself.

You call, and I still answer. What do you need me to do?

Outside, Kragat manages to use his paws and wings to clear out the snow and ice, revealing solid rock below.

Crunch:

Angels fail miseraly to do anything to the party.
Shirai blinded and pinned.
Bralani used mirror image.
Warchief crashed into the eastern room, leaving huge hole behind. You can't see what's hapening in there.
Sounds from across the temple sugest the dragonspawns are geting beaten.

Kragat clears a good patch of snow and ice, revealing bare rock.

Situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-9.png
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf2-15.png

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-28, 03:20 PM
Rhodius

<Keep crushing him and do not let him talk.> Rhodius orders his ectoplasmic serpent.

He then reaches from inside his vest and pulls out a crystal stick, points it at the lesser angel nearest him, shifts 5 feet to the right to get a clearer shot, and fires a big glob of goo from it toward her.

6 rounds of GCA, 14 rounds of AC.

5-foot-step to A11, Move action to draw Wand of Entangling Ectoplasm, Standard action to activate it.
Ranged touch attack on angel at F9: [roll0], if it hits she's entangled for 5 rounds (-2 to hit, -4 to Dex, move at half speed, cannot run/charge), no save no SR, and it's automatically augmented to affect up to Huge size in case she somehow has a way to enlarge herself.

Swift action to manifest Hustle from psicrown, [roll1] (DC 20), if successful then use the Move action to regain psionic focus.

Grapple checks to prevent the shirai from speaking and to deal damage: [roll2], [roll3], for Constrict damage: [roll4] [roll5]

SurlySeraph
2009-10-29, 12:07 AM
Ryli

Ryli, be a sweetheart and kill this one for me? Vist points at the angel at I4.

"Later," she snaps, swinging at the angel in front of her again. After her attack, she adds "The churchies can handle the bitch, I'm too far away. And I wanna kill this one first."

Starbuck_II
2009-10-29, 09:20 AM
Cast Blur on the female Barbarian, Ms. Bralani. After that help us fight these things. They harmed/killed innocent villagers and we wish to make them pay for that!
Jo'hn, do your best to attack the angel.

Du'Ran said with a grin. Good, he could hear again. Maybe this fight was turning around.

Move action to finish full round cast.
Standard- cast Foundation of stone on everyone. At longs as no moving from one place to another in a round you get +2 untyped AC (other benefits-combat maneuver resists like bull rush, trip, etc).
If move, no benefit that round. But if next round do, you get benefit.

Kinda encourages standing in place. But eh.

Oslecamo
2009-10-29, 10:05 AM
Slow effect already ended, so you can take standard+move or full attack as usual, in case you've forgoten.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-29, 02:44 PM
Ah, I thought you meant it ended next round. Should have power attacked for less, then. In that case:

Attack 2: [roll0]
Weapon damage 2: [roll1]
Acid damage 2: [roll2]
Electricity damage 2: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll5]
Weapon damage 3: [roll6]
Acid damage 3: [roll7]
Electricity damage 3: [roll8]

Keld Denar
2009-10-29, 11:37 PM
Vist

Vist delays while surveying the scene.

Oslecamo
2009-10-30, 09:14 AM
Rhodius catches the angel completely off-guard, enveloping her on ectoplasm. Ryli takes the chance and brutaly cuts the entangled angel into two parts.

J'hon keeps strenghtening the party, calling upon more of Pelor blessings.

Du'Ran swings his mace and finaly lands a blow on the other lesser angel, drawing blood from her right arm.

Then the clerics hear a loud cracking sound just above them, and then part of the ceiling colapses and Kragat comes falling down from the hole formed, along a rain of debris, crushing the furniture below.

Vist awaits patiently for a better oportunity to use his arcane power.

The remaining lesser angel sudenly jumps back and flies trough the eastern door, to the interior of the temple. The Bralani manages to land a blow on her back as she runs away, but not enough to stop her.

I'll get help! Hang in there!

The Shirai locked in combat with the astral construct manages to wrestle an arm free, with wich he manages to land a blow on the constrictor's head. The fake snake dissolves back into ectoplasm with an hissing sound, unable to complete his creator's orders.

Fake! Nothing more than a doll! It has no soul, no true strenght! You insult me with such tricks!

Meanwhile, you keep hearing batle sounds from the interior of the temple. Sudenly, the warchief apears back in sight, with his armor and shield heavily batered and several bleeding wounds. His face reveal a state of panic.
If I run now, I can live to fight another day!

After him sisters! Don't let him escape!-comes a strong female voice from the interior of the temple.

The Bralani moves forward and embraces Ryli for a moment. Then, from everybody else's point of view, the barbarian's image becomes really blurry.

So the rumors were true...Somebody has managed to corrupt our brethern. Please, guide me to the responsible for this madness, so I may help set things right.

Crunch:

Astral construct dispeled.
Ryli has received blur.
One lesser angel escaped to the eastern room.
Warchief on the middle seems very wounded.

Situation
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-10.png

(Party's turn, unless Vist wants to interrupt any of the above events)

SurlySeraph
2009-10-31, 07:59 PM
Ryli

Ryli steps inside the shirai's reach as the two halves of the lesser angel fall to the ground, her boots soaking in the puddle of blood. Grinning madly with lust and hate, she looks up at the angel while pointing her sword an inch from his chest. "It's just you and me now, big boy. Ya wanna switch sides right now, or ya wanna fight?"

EDIT: forgot to actually roll attacks, I just copy-pasted the code for them from my last post. I'll roll in my next post.
Charisma check for the hell of it: [roll0]
Assuming he wants to keep fighting, five-foot-step and full attack.
Attack 1: (1d20+19)[16]
Weapon damage 1: (2d4+19)[27]
Acid damage 1: (1d6)[2]
Electricity damage 1: (1d6)[5]
Crit confirmation if necessary: (1d20+17)[35]

Attack 2: (1d20+14)[16]
Weapon damage 2: (2d4+19)[27]
Acid damage 2: (1d6)[2]
Electricity damage 2: (1d6)[5]
Crit confirmation if necessary: (1d20+17)[35]

Attack 3: (1d20+9)[20]
Weapon damage 3: (2d4+19)[22]
Acid damage 3: (1d6)[3]
Electricity damage 3: (1d6)[1]
Crit confirmation if necessary: (1d20+12

On the off chance he doesn't want to fight, I'll charge after the lesser angel that fled, using the first attack roll with +2 on the attack. I can move up to 80 feet on that, and can make a right-angle turn on a charge (if that'll help me get up to it).

Miss chances from Blur for up to four attacks:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

SurlySeraph
2009-10-31, 08:03 PM
Attack 1: [roll0]
Weapon damage 1: [roll1]
Acid damage 1: [roll2]
Electricity damage 1: [roll3]

Attack 2: [roll5]
Weapon damage 2: [roll6]
Acid damage 2: [roll7]
Electricity damage 2: [roll8]

Attack 3: [roll10]
Weapon damage 3: [roll11]
Acid damage 3: [roll12]
Electricity damage 3: [roll13]
Crit confirmation if necessary (it is; and reduce it to 28, because I added the wrong number): [roll14]

Dacia Brabant
2009-10-31, 10:41 PM
Rhodius

The warforged makes a grating sound of disappointment when his construct is dispelled, and in response to the shirai's taunt he mutters, "No different from you, a toy for your master, except mine was better sculpted."

With that he fires a glob of goo at the shirai and then proceeds to fly out the eastern door to survey the situation.

((Edit: Action changed, see post below.))

5 rounds of GCA.

Standard action, Ranged touch attack for Entangling Ectoplasm (see above): [roll0].

Move action, flying at least to C13, if I may I'd like to see what's going on out there first before I end move, and I still have a Swift action to use.

Oslecamo
2009-11-01, 06:52 AM
The shirai, panting from the curses around him, and seeing himself badly outnumbered and abandoned by his allies, lowers his fists and answers Ryli:

Well, they taught me strenght was all, so it's only natural to switch to the strongest side. My power is yours!

Ryli then moves in pursuit of the lesser running angel, but upon entering the eastern room, he meets the other Shirai, hovering in the air, and two runned knights, swords glowing with a cold saphire light and two runed aegies floating around their heads, in adition to the scrolls and signs the other runed knight Ryly killed had. One of them is of pearly white with a silver sun on it, the other is golden with sculpted wings and feathers.

One way or another, the barbarian instinct tells her that charging in there alone wouldn't be a very bright idea.

Rhodius moves behind Ryli, seeing more or less the same scene.

Kragat

Hello friends, It is good to meet again. Could you perhaps arrange to use some of that healing you seem to have to aid me? Too many spear wounds and eventually they will strike an already wounded spot.

Kragat than nods to Duran, and waddles his way over next to him, before slamming himself into the wall in front of him.

(Move to JKL567, Slam into wall IJ567 to break. 39 str check)

The wall goes down, leaving a hole big enough for the dragon to pass whitout trouble.

Crunch:

Shirai joins your side out of desesperation.

Rodhius:Since the shirai joined your side, you may choose to change your standard action shooting the ectoplasm at it for something else. Also two will saves for meeting the runed knight's gazes. You can see them, so the gaze attack passes trough your concealment, unless you can find some ruling that proves the oposite.

Ryli:You cannot reach the lesser running angel (you would need two turns). You can try to charge against one of the runed knights, but well, see the fluff description. Also two will saves for the gaze attacks. If you choose to don't charge you can spend a move action positioning yourself.

Anyone with good skills who has line of sight to the runed knights: roll spellcrafts/knowledge to identify their new buffs.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-11.png
(turn still hasn't ended, update just because those who haven't acted may want to make another actions based on the new information)

Starbuck_II
2009-11-01, 08:24 AM
Bralani , could you heal the Warchief with cure serious wound. Jo'hn could you heal the Kragat with domain CSW (empowered).

Du'Ran concentrates to maintain the Bralani and moves to G-3.

Oslecamo
2009-11-01, 09:56 AM
Eerr, unless I missed something, you don't need concentration to maintain a creature from summon monster. Or was that just a fluffy descrition?

Dacia Brabant
2009-11-01, 07:55 PM
Rhodius and Psicrystal

"You again," the warforged says somewhat dismissively as soon as he sees the shirai flying in the eastern room, presuming it to be the one he encountered on his way into the temple. Stopping as soon as he sees him, Rhodius decides to try to end him here and now, and so crystallizes another piercing thought and sends it flying at the big angel.

At the same time, he orders his psicrystal to telepathically communicate with the fleeing warchief in order to get him to stay (although he suspects the barbarian woman would have better luck cajolling the beast).

"Warchief! Our allies including the healers are in the western room, proceed to them immediately for restoration and regrouping!" is what it tells him.

As before 5 rounds left on GCA, and already used my move action.
Standard action, manifesting an 8 pp Crystal Shard, empowered, at the shirai at B-C/18-19, and using Torc of Power Preservation to reduce cost by 1.
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Sheesh, good thing it's a RTA, and it'll still be a near one. That's what I get for changing my action I guess. :smalltongue:

Keld Denar
2009-11-02, 07:10 PM
Vist

Vist moves up behind Ryli and, taking a look into the room, drops a Freezing Fog at H/I 17/18. Right behind you, I'll try to keep them distracted, cut keenly.

SR: No
Fog reduces movement to 5', visiblity to 5'
Ref Save DC 27 or fall prone every turn on my turn.
[roll0] no save.
Any attempt to move brings about a balance check DC10 or remain immobile, and if they fail that by 5+ (fail DC5), they fall prone.
SpC pg 99/100 for more details if you want em.

Vist saves
[roll1]
[roll2]

Spellcraft to ID Rune Knight runes
[roll3]
[roll4]

SurlySeraph
2009-11-02, 08:16 PM
Ryli

Ryli calls back to the Shirai "C'mon, we got stuff ta kill!" Turning to the warchief, she adds "Look, they know they're gonna lose and they're changin' sides. Don't wimp out now."

She runs over and takes cover against a wall, waiting for her opponents to move into a less advantageous position.

I'll move to A16 and (if I still have my standard action) ready an action to make a partial charge if one of the enemies moves to E16 or closer. If I can close my eyes in time to avoid needing to save against the gaze attacks, I will. On the assumption that I don't, Will saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2009-11-12, 09:02 PM
J'hon and Bralani proceed to heal the warchief and Kragat, while Ryli scouts ahead after "persuading" the other Shirai to join them. As she turns the corner her eyes meet two of the runed knights. The barbarians tries to close her eyes but it's too late, and Ryli sudenly feels like somebody was screaming inside her head with a piercing voice.

Rhodius follows and proceeds to again snipe the shirai, driving a crystal deep on one on his arms.

Argh! Stop hiding!

Vist takes the distraction to slip trough and trap the runed knights inside a mist of ice that he materializes around them. Before they're completely covered, the wizard's eyes meet momentarily with the celestial ones, making Vist lose his strenght again, but in return he gets valuable information from the runes protecting them.

The "allied" shirai then slips trough the rooms at great speed and tries to slam his brother, but misses due to the multiple curses on him.

Traitor! How dare you ally with those mortals? I'll crush you myself!

The other angel then proceeds to unleash a mighty flurry of blows on his oponent. Fueled by anger, the blows strike true and the other shirai quickly finds himself being strangled to the death by his oponent, too hurt to resist. But then the warchief leans trough the corner, and unleashes several javelins on the other shirai, ending the job that Rhodius crystals had started.

Got another one! Hey, what's that fog thingy? Hmm...What should I do? I don't see anymore bird women, big or small!

From inside the temple, sounds of batle continue.

Situation

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-12.png

Crunch:

Ryli is exhausted for 1 turn and took 20 points of damage.
Vist is exhausted for 1 turn. He also discovers that:

One of the flying runes replicates a death ward, the other one is a shield of the archons, a special ward that blocks the first ofensive targeted spell/SLA/su ability thrown against the runed knight each turn and also grants an extra save against area effects. However it can be overloaded by magic powerfull enough.

Kragat healed for 35 HP.
Warboss still looks pretty hurt.
Allied shirai seems to be very hurt.
The other shirai got killed.

Dacia Brabant
2009-11-13, 08:05 PM
Rhodius

"If there is fog, there must be 'bird-women' inside it, the warforged responds to the warchief. "It may not hold them however, so you should be ready in case it does not."

With that Rhodius flies into the room to get a better view of the situation, and to take his own advice.

Can't think of anything else to do right now other than flying to C24, swift action to manifest Hustle (UPD vs. DC 20: [roll0]) to regain psionic focus, and with my standard action readying to shoot an angel with Entangling Ectoplasm if one manages to get out of the fog. I'll go ahead and roll the RTA now in case that happens so you don't have to wait on me: [roll1]

Oh and 4 rounds left of GCA.

Keld Denar
2009-11-14, 03:28 AM
Vist

Vist stands where he is, watching the edge of the fog for either of the rune knights to emerge.

Readied action to cast a Stun Ray at the first rune knight to emerge from the fog.

[roll0] Cold Damage to everything in the cloud.

SurlySeraph
2009-11-16, 11:03 AM
Ryli steps over to the edge of the cloud and waits for a target to present itself.

Moving to E16, readying an action to attack anything that comes out of the fog.
Acid: [roll2]
Electricity: [roll3]
Crit confirmation if necessary: [roll]1d20+17[roll]

SurlySeraph
2009-11-16, 11:04 AM
Since a crit confirmation is necessary, I'll fix that.
[roll0]

SurlySeraph
2009-11-16, 11:09 AM
Gah! Final attempt. [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2009-11-16, 11:10 AM
Du'Ran moves to F-10, still concentrating on the Angel.

Cast Blur Kragat again, Ms. Angel. I'm going to help the others. Jo'hn heal Kragat once more then move over here.

I'll still concentrate, but not next round when I'll cast. That will leave 1 round of Bralani thayt she can heal Kragat is he is still bad off.
The Blur will help ensure he is hit less: I hope.
Is Kragat's player here?

Oslecamo
2009-11-16, 01:04 PM
The party and the warchief takes positions, waiting to unleash hell on the runed knights as soon as they leave the freezing fog....

But, nothing happens. The fog doesn't move from it's place and no kind of attacks are shot.

The shirai takes this moment of respite to heal himself, his bruises and cuts disapearing as he concentrates on his maladies.

Jh'on heals more wounds of Kragat, and the bralani bestows his blessing upon him, making his edges blurry as if he was surrounded by heat, but the dragon seems to be immersed on his own toughts and doesn't move.

Then, several beastish screams can be heard from inside the temple.

I don't want to die!

How do we get out of here?!

The warchief shrugs, and coments:

Hmpfh, seems like my boys couldn't deal with the bird women more inside and are now trying to run away. Too bad... If I was inside there, I would make sure they fighted to their last drop of blood!

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-13.png

Crunch:

Kragat gets healed for more [roll0] and has blur now.

Not much hapened in your field of vision. Nothing came out of the fog.

(everybody listen checks)

Also, untill Kragat player shows signs of life again on the other thread, his character will stand there doing nothing.

Dacia Brabant
2009-11-17, 10:12 AM
Listen: [roll0]. Psicrystal too if the target's w/in 40': [roll1]

I can't think of anything to do other than maybe flying back out the main entrance and try to see what's going on.

Starbuck_II
2009-11-17, 10:17 AM
Listen:
[roll0]

Oslecamo
2009-11-17, 01:03 PM
J'hon hears faint sounds inside the fog, of metal armor plates moving against each other and the heavy breathing of their users. The sound grows fainter and fainter, as if it was moving away from him. The cleric's sharp wits tell him from this that the runed knights are trying to slowly retreat from the room while in cover of the freezing fog.

SurlySeraph
2009-11-18, 03:53 PM
Ryli stands at the edge of the fog, waiting impatiently for the angels to show themselves. Unable to stand it any longer, she stomps over to J'hon. "Heal me, choirboy. I'm going after 'em."
Listen: [roll0]

Keld Denar
2009-11-18, 04:37 PM
Vist

Seeing that the angels aren't coming through the fog, Vist dismisses it, allowing the Barbarian to charge.

Oslecamo
2009-11-18, 05:02 PM
The fog vanishes, revealing that one of the runed knights had already crossed the door. The bodies of the celestials block the party's vision, making it impossible to see too deep inside the other room, but they can perfectly see the runed knights rising their swords defensively. Their eyes flare with hatred, trying to crush the party's will to fight.

Crunch:

Since Vist is dimissing the fog out of his own decision, I'll assume he warns you and gives you a chance to close your eyes since you already know of the gaze attack. Those who choose to keep them open and have line of sight to the runed knights make will saves as usual please.

Situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-14.png

Dacia Brabant
2009-11-18, 10:31 PM
Rhodius

The warforged makes no attempt to avert his eyes from their gaze, determining to match his will against theirs.

I'll roll the Will saves first, holding off on posting my action until the results are in.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2009-11-19, 04:51 AM
Rhodius feels the gaze attack first hand, his mind being filled with cries of indignity and vitriolic acusations.

Rhodius takes 10 damage and is fatigued.

Dacia Brabant
2009-11-19, 06:26 PM
Rhodius

Good thing warforged are immune to fatigue I guess.

Barely acknowledging the psychological pain the accusatory gaze inflicts, Rhodius flies in closer to the angels before unleashing upon them a wave of psychic static of his own.

Moving to D18 and manifesting Psionic Blast, a 30' cone in the direction of J18 so it'll get both. I'm Overchanneling to get +2 on my ML check vs. their SR (but I'm only augmenting it by 2, too) and expending psionic focus to take no damage. It's a DC 21 Will (negates) Save or be Stunned for 2 rounds.

ML checks: [roll0], [roll1].

Oh and 3 rounds on GCA and now 45 temp hp for both me and psicrystal after splitting the gaze damage.

SurlySeraph
2009-11-19, 11:23 PM
Ryli shuts her eyes as the cloud dissipates. As Rhodius's blast strikes the angels, she follows the wave in, screaming her lungs out until she senses a target close enough to strike.

Charging to G17, using my Blindsight from combat focus. I'll also roll a Tumble check in case they have some ability that lets them make attacks of opportunity on incoming opponents.
Tumble: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Weapon damage: [roll2]
Acid: [roll3]
Electricity: [roll4]
In case of crit: [roll5]

Oslecamo
2009-11-20, 02:56 PM
Rolly

[roll0]

Damn, wrong thread, no wonder it gave me bad luck.

Oslecamo
2009-11-20, 03:07 PM
Rhodius mechanical mind proves a boon against the angel's flaming acusations, and the psion presents his reply on form of a powerfull mind blast. The first runed knight stands strong, but the second one's mind colapses, leaving her floating a couple of feets above the floor, her eyes moving around whitout focusing anything in particular.

Ryli loses no time to follow Rhodiu's attacks. While she screams and leaps into the air, the runed knight moves her sword to try to cut the barbarian, having the reach advantage, only to see her skillfuly twist her body and dodge the blow in mid air, then slamming her falchion on the runed knight's armored arm. It fails to penetrate, but blood starts driping down her pulse, showing the blow still managed to wound.

Runed knight down failed the save and is stunned for two rounds.
Ryli hits.

Waiting for J'hon's actions

Starbuck_II
2009-11-21, 11:41 AM
Move over here, Jo'hn. Angel, Get over here as well and blur Jo'hn. I'll cast Flame Strike on the big guy that wasn't Mind blasted.

After I cast this, the Angel was one turn before he is sent back home, but I better help.
I can hit a 10 foot area so I guess I can hit both angels.

[roll0]
DC 20 Reflex Half.

Oslecamo
2009-11-21, 01:47 PM
A pillar of pure white fire descends from the ceiling, showering the angels with fire. The air is filled with the smell of burned flesh and feathers as the runed knights burn, but not even then they fall, still staring at the party filled with eyes filled with hatred.

The shirai flies forward and touches the runed armor of the celestial in front with the palm of his hand. For a moment it seems like nothing hapened, but then both floating wards of the runed knight shatter, and her eyes stop glowing.

How dare you... A weakling like you, touching ME?-screams the runed knight in anger.

This was for all the times you mocked me. Today I'll be the one standing over your broken corpse-taunts the shirai.

The runed knight then closes her lips and lets out a single word between them. A word you had already heard today but cannot yet grasp. Again it echoes in your head again and again, preventing you from hearing anything else.

You can still however see the warchief step forward, aparently laughing at your situation, and then drawing five more bone javelins from his huge backpack and throwing them in quick and brutal sucession at the runed knight. Her armor stops most of them, but two of them penetrate and impale themselves on the celestial's flesh.

Crunch:

Ryli and Rhodius slowed for [roll0] rounds and deafened for [roll1] rounds. The shirai is also affected, but the warchief proved immune.

The runed knight in front lost death ward, ward of the archons and true seeing effects.

Those not deafened please roll listen checks again.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-15.png

Keld Denar
2009-11-22, 03:52 AM
Vist

Vist fires another Stun Ray, this one targetting the rune knight in the back.

[roll0]
DC 28 Fort Save or be stunned for [roll1] rounds.
Sucessful save means stunned for 1 round.
SR 24 overcome.

Oslecamo
2009-11-22, 07:24 AM
Hmm, the runed knight on the back is the one who's already stunned(it has s2 on it, meaning it's stunned for 2 rounds). You really want to target her, or the one who still isn't stunned?

Starbuck_II
2009-11-22, 03:51 PM
Listen checks?
[roll0]

Oslecamo
2009-11-22, 04:18 PM
Du'ran hears the growing sound of flapping of wings and muffled voices coming from behind the two runed knights, sugesting that the remaining celestials are aproaching the party.

Dacia Brabant
2009-11-22, 08:24 PM
Rhodius

Struggling against the runed knight's damnable utterance, Rhodius draws upon a power within his psicrown to cure his limbs of their lethargy (though unfortunately not the damage to his audio sensors), then refocuses his mind in order to better continue the fight at hand.

Manifesting Psionic Freedom of Movement from psicrown (no UPD check needed), sharing it with psicrystal; then since that overrides Slow effects I should have my move action back, which I'll use to regain psionic focus. Just 2 rounds left on GCA.

Bleh, wish I'd had FoM up going into this fight so I didn't have to waste an action, but oh well. Yay for non-verbal actions at least.

SurlySeraph
2009-11-23, 01:36 AM
Ryli grimaces as the magic takes hold of her, slowing her down, keeping her from ripping forward in the frenzy that she loved. "I hate this! I hate you! I'm gonna rip yer goddam wings out, ya bitch!" Ryli screams as she slashes at the angel, trying to yell loudly enough to hear herself over the words ringing in her head.

In case of crit: [roll4]

Oslecamo
2009-11-23, 08:14 AM
As Vist targets the angel, it can't stop momentairly looking at her eyes. This brief moment is enough to send a tought of pure hatred to the wizard's mind, desestabilizing his hand. The ray is shot slightly off target, allowing the runed knight to sucessfully dodge it, showing amazing agility despite her heavy armor.

Ryli tries to take advantage of the new distraction, but the angel is ready and parries the barbarian's falchion with her runed sword, sparks flashin between the weapons.

Stun ray missed, attack missed.

Waiting for Du'Rans actions

Starbuck_II
2009-11-23, 11:14 AM
Bralani attack the enemy for your final action, it has beena pleasure having you here. Jo'hn, buff up your incarnum with soul boon so next round you can do Incarnum weapon at max power.
*Du'Ran tries to signal 2 or more angels might be coming to the fight for Rhodius as Rhodius looks deafened like he was before*

I'll call forth the sun!

Sudden Maximize Sunbeam. It takes a standard action to use a beam so no using till next turn.
Du'Ran also moves to D-16 so next turn he can blast them.

Jo'hn's Soul Boon gives him more essentia for use in spells.

Oslecamo
2009-11-23, 05:19 PM
Du'Ran follows his master orders and the Bralani flies towards the runed knights, as if charging, but then she stops just outside their reach. Extending the palms of her hands, a blue beam comes from them, covering the angels in lighting, but when the light subdues you see that the attack failed to bypass the runed knights protections.

Shrug, guess I'm way out of my league...Good luck dealing with those renegades, whoever you may be...-says the Bralani, vanishing from the room.

Meanwhile Du'Ran tries desesperately to tell by sign language to his allies that enemy reinforcments are coming, but then three of the lesser angels come zooming trough the door, surrounding and attacking Ryli! However two of them are covered in black scars, resulted from the dragon's earlier breath, and their attacks are weaker than normal, allowing Ryli to minimize the damage despite being cursed.

Then a light comes from the room behind, and the second runed knight apears, healed from her stun from the third and last runed knight wich is just behind her. Squeezing trough the door, she glares at the shirai.

In name of the mistress we declare you guilty. The crime is defying us. The sentence is DEATH!-chant both runed knights in unison, proceeding to attack the shirai with astounding coordination and speed. When you notice it, the shirai's head is rolling over the ground, his eyes still open in suprise.

Before the runed knights can rejoice, the warchief unleashes a new flurry of javelins at at the already wounded one. One of them manages to slip trough her neck armor and pierce her neck, making the celestial fall on the ground bleeding heavily-but still breathing.

Two, three, I don't care how many of you there are, I'll take you all! RRRAAARRGHHH!!!!

Crunch:

Shirai dead.
Runed knight at I16 bleeding but still not dead.
The lesser angel at F18 looks fine, the other two have negative levels.
Ryli has taken 12 damage.

The last runed knight is on the other room, but you only got a glimpse of it and now line of sight is blocked by the runed knight at I18, wich is squeezing trough the door.

The runed knights have "turned off" their gaze attack.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-16.png/

Keld Denar
2009-11-25, 04:31 AM
Vist

Vist steps down next to Rhodius at D17 and casts a wave of inky power outward.

Waves of Exaustion, no save, SR 24 overcome. Extends from lower right corner of D17 down and toward the right of the screen, catching all of the angels in it. Angels are exausted, (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#exhausted) per DMG

Dacia Brabant
2009-11-25, 12:38 PM
Rhodius

The warforged instinctively shifts backward a bit as the angelic reinforcements flood into the room. Focusing intently upon a point in the midst of the pack, he causes the air to burst into flames, then quickly recharges himself to be able to do it again.

5-foot step to C18 and manifesting Energy Stun (Fire), a 5-foot-radius burst centered at H-I/17-18 so it affects the angel at H18 and the runed knights at H-I17 and I18 (and might give Ryli a bit of a sunburn :smallredface:). I'm Overchanneling +2 (expending one focus to negate damage) and Empowering it (another focus), at 14 pp -1 from Torc of Power Preservation (last use for the day): 15d6 +15 damage, Reflex DC 24 for half (honestly the CPsi version's DC scaling seems much more fair), if that save is failed then Will DC 24 or stunned for 1 round.

Fire Damage: [roll0]
PR/SR checks: [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]

Move action to regain my psionic focus and swift action to manifest Hustle, [roll4] (DC 20) for a second move action to psionically focus psicrystal.

Down to my last round of GCA.

Oslecamo
2009-11-25, 04:49 PM
Reflex saves:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Oslecamo
2009-11-25, 04:55 PM
The warforged's mighty fire blast completely incinerates the lesser angel and the fallen runed knight, turning them into charred corpses, but the last celestial ducks over in time, leting her armor and runes take most of the damage.

Angels at H17 and H18 dead, the other took half damage.

Oslecamo
2009-11-26, 12:40 PM
Waiting for Du'Ran and Ryli's actions.

SurlySeraph
2009-11-26, 10:28 PM
Grinning as its companions collapse in flames, Ryli turns on her heel and hacks at the angel that's come into a flanking position by her. She doesn't spare even a glance for the now-dead shirai that she'd convinced to help.

I'll use Combat Sense to find out how many hit points each enemy adjacent to me has at this point.

Oslecamo
2009-11-27, 08:40 AM
Ryli's heightened senses tell her that one of the lesser angels is specialy wounded. And afraid. A thrust of the barbarian's falchion cuts trough the shoulder into her chest, ending the celestial's fear, and also her life.

Surlyseraph, I didn't understand very well where you're moving. It could be either be G18 or H18. Either way, you would've seen that the angel at G19 had less life and attacked her, I guess.

Now depending on wich square you actualy moved to, you would manage to see the life of one of the two remaining angels on the room. Please look only at the life of the one you actualy moved near to.

Angel at I18:
55 HP

Angel at F18:
117 HP

SurlySeraph
2009-11-27, 04:47 PM
I met that I was standing still and attacking the one at F18.

Oslecamo
2009-11-27, 05:02 PM
In that case you hit her, and she's left at 22 HP, and there's no more angels adjacent to you.

Oslecamo
2009-11-28, 03:08 PM
Bump. If Starbuck_II doesn't post soon Du'Ran will fulldefense for the turn.

Starbuck_II
2009-11-28, 06:22 PM
Jo'hn now that you have cast Soul boon you should have full essentia. Cast Incarnum Weapon and use it! I'll call forth the big guy!

Du'Ran begins summoning Bahamut, God of Dragons...well, an aspect (1 rd casting so next round it appears).

I've been unable to access computer at home. I'm back now.
Jo'hn uses 3 essentia to increase Incarnum weapon. +1 insight hit/damage/threat range per essentia.
So he deals 2d6+ 3 force damage. It hits at 7+ 4+3=+14/+9 to hit. Threatens on a 17-20, x2. Shaped like a warhammer.

In addition, enemies struck 1 wisdom drain (save negates, DC 19).

Oslecamo
2009-11-29, 07:04 AM
Damn keep posting in the wrong thread

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]

[roll8][roll9]

[roll10][roll11]
[roll12][roll13]
[roll14][roll15]
[roll16][roll17]
[roll18][roll19]

Oslecamo
2009-11-29, 08:12 AM
As Du'Ran starts summoning the platinium dragon's avatar, J'hon conjures a saphire warhammer from his holy symbol, wich proceeds to try to smite the celestials, but the lack of experience of the cleric with this incarnum weapon means the angels easily dodge, even exhausted.

The two lesser angels then proceed to dance around Ryli, hiting her with their freezing chains, slowly wearing down the barbarian.

The runed knight on the other hand looks at the place where Rhodius is.

You...I heard of your kind...Rebeled trinkets who think they have a soul... Be ended!

With those words, she advances towards the warforged. The warchief manages to snap a bite at her shoulder as she passes by, but that doesn't even slow her down. Bringing down her greatsword with both hands, she strikes Rhodius right in the flank, but her blade is severly slowed down by the psionic defenses.

Before Rhodius can counter, an hail of arrows strikes him, wearing down even more his defences. Looking trough the source, he sees the last runed knight on the other room, holding a longbow, with a smirk on her face.

The warchief steps back, pulls out five more javelins and throws them at the forward runed knight at point blanck range. The weapons pierce her armor and leave the runed knight covered in her own blood wich gushes out, but even then she doesn't fall.

No...I can't die...Not yet...

Du'Ran finishes casting his spell, and in the room apears a magnificent large dragon with saphire eyes filled with wisdom. His scales and claws glow as if they were made of platinium, and it projects an aura of order and good around it.

Bahamut answers your calls for justice, Du'Ran. These are the misguided celestials that plague the material plane and must be judged, am I right?

Crunch:

Ryli takes 46 damage.
Rhodius takes 94 damage.

Ryli can sense the runed knight near her is at 11 HP and the other lesser angel at 20 HP.
Du'Ran needs to choose a position for where to summon the aspect.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-17.png

Dacia Brabant
2009-12-01, 01:47 AM
Rhodius

The warforged reels from the breaking of his psychic shielding, and with their apparent ability to see through his amorpha he decides on a more direct (but also more dangerous) defense.

"Foolish girl, mind and soul are one and the same. Now witness mind and body become one!"

And with that the small metallic form of Rhodius shimmers and grows into the shape and likeness of... the runed knight right in front of him. Except of course for being made of the stuff of the astral plane rather than mere flesh and bone.

Manifesting Metamorphosis on the defensive, becoming a level 7 Astral Construct (per our discussion) made in the image (Craft check, [roll0], not that it's a big deal) of the runed knight, which should be fun. For menu items I'll go with Muscle, Improved Slam Attack and Fly (superceded by Psionic Fly, but can't be too careful).

I guess it's up to you which body slot items I get to keep and which get merged with the new form, but I'd argue for keeping the face and head slots at minimum.

Hmm, can't think of anything else to do. See sheet for changed stats.

SurlySeraph
2009-12-02, 01:34 AM
Ryli's shoulders sag as she grows exhausted from combat. Still, she has enough strength left to respond to the angels' attacks in her typical manner. "Die, ya bitch!", she coughs hoarsely, making an uncontrolled swing at the runed knight's groin.

OK, I didn't notice it but my rage should have ended a round ago. Sorry for not keeping track better. I'm now sickened for the rest of the encounter.

EDIT: Due to rage being allowed, add +5 attack and +7 damage.

Starbuck_II
2009-12-03, 05:55 PM
Yes, Bahamut, judge these Angels. Cast in the name of good, they are found guilty! Big O bite them!
Jo'hn as the weapon will attack without you: cast Elation buffing everyone's Str and Dex.

Du'Ran casts Sonorous Hum so he doesn't need to maintain Bahamut. Now he cast next turn cast stuff.

Yes, I quoted Big O anime.

Oslecamo
2009-12-03, 06:57 PM
Seeing Rhodius transform in front of her, the runed knight screams in anger.

Fake! All fake! All lies and deceit, like the gods you serve! I'll rather die than allow this heresy to continue!

While the celestial is monologuing, Rily finds an unexpected surge of strenght, and manages to make her blade crash trough the lower armor of the runed knight and directly into her guts. The celestial falls on the ground, literaly s***** itself, proving that even angels do need to go to the bathroom. It still breathes tough.

Something quickly solved by the avatar of Bahamut crushing her fallen head with one of his paws, while he extends his neck forward and bites the shaken lesser angel's torso, burrowing his massive teeths into her flesh.

Argh! It doesn't matter! Kill me, kill my sisters, but your reign is at an end, you oversized lizard!

Dragging her screaming near him with his teeths, the avatar of Bahamut latches his other paw at the celestial's bodies and rips it in half. Spiting the bloody remains in the ground, it looks around for more oponents.

Jo'hn meanwhile finishes casting the group buff.

Then the party hears another large crashing sound, revealing that Kragat has finaly awakened from his meditation and joins them in batle once again.

As the dragon stands over the remains of the wall, he sees the last runed knight on the room in front of him, but then he spots a new oponent. At his right, just entering by the door, is a young tall man. Or at least resembles a man. Body too thin. His skin is flawless. His chestunut eyes seem to glow with mysterious power. On one hand he has an unseathed longsword, on the other he drags five severed dragonspawn heads. He wears expensive and sophisticated green clothing with golden strings worthy of a rich aristrocat at a ball, yet neither the sword or clothes have any blood or dirt on them.

The young man looks at Kragat, and says on a monotonous tone:

She's quite anoyed by your intrusion and lack of manners. So I have to stop you. Please surrender, or your head will roll next.

Crunch:
Runed knight killed, lesser angel killed, Kragat sucessfully burst the wall, but found a new enemy.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-19.png

Keld Denar
2009-12-05, 03:09 AM
Vist

Vist delays.

SurlySeraph
2009-12-05, 11:43 AM
Ryli's breathing heavily, and she seems to be noticing the rather extraordinary amount of blood she's been losing for the first time. Still, the elf gains a second wind as the knight falls before her. "Help me out, churchie," she yells at Jo'hn, sliding in his direction. "If I pass out before I can kill the last one I'm gonna kick yer ass when I wake up. Ya better heal me if ya know what's good for ya!" Wanting to live but not enough to pass up a chance to kill, Ryli stops moving towards Jo'hn and assaults the adjacent angel, red droplets flying off her sword and blood-drenched sleeves as she swings her sword.

5-foot-step to F16, attack.

Starbuck_II
2009-12-05, 01:35 PM
Jo'hn heal Ryli, Bahamut keep doing what you do best: bashing them.
I'move into position to begin blasting them with sunlight!

Which are the enemies on map?
I'm using standard action to use Sunbeam, but I forget which are the ones to blast. So move me to where I need to stand to hit them without hitting allies.

DC 22, Reflex partial (1/2's damage and no blind if they succeed)
Damage is maxed so 24.

Oslecamo
2009-12-05, 05:31 PM
Kragat

Turns out, I have a very thick neck!

Kragat Opens wide as wave of darkness roars outward encompassing his enemy, followed closely by a single striking line drawn in the middle nailing straight at him.

Kragat then backs around the corner to delay retribution.

First, Negative level Breath Weapon, 5 Negative levels, DC 32. (Sort of fills the hallway) Recharge
Then followed with Quickened Line of Force going from LM12-13 through QR13-14. If it matters, which it might, since it's 100ft long and goes to the end of the map (or until it does damage to a wall, Force isn't energy damage, so does it get reduced by half? I guess it still get's hardness reduced.) Recharge Damage

Retreats to MNOP 6789. I assume I can just walk all over tiny bookcases and tables.
Hide Rolls [2] 20:37, Thu 03 Dec 2009: Kaelik rolled (1d4=1): Recharge.
[1] 20:37, Thu 03 Dec 2009: Kaelik rolled (1d4=2)+4=6: Recharge.
[0] 20:37, Thu 03 Dec 2009: Kaelik rolled (14d6=47): Damage.
[/roll]

Kragat's dark breath completely covers the young man, and then the force breath passes over him and colapses part of the wall behind. releasing a cloud of smoke. Before it clears out the dragon is moving back for a better position.

The young men then apears running trough the wall opening. His fine clothes are just shligtly worn out despite the breath attacks, like the brunt of Kragat's attack had been deflected by some invisible force. And they actualy seem to bre reforming themselves...

Very well, I'll have to do this myself. THUNDER EMPEROR, I SUMMON YOU!

With this call, the young man is sudenly enveloped in a ball of lighting. It quickly grows untill it's bigger than Kragath, and then it bursts, revealing a massive suit of animated emerald fullplate with blood-red runes and wielding a huge greatsword crackling with electrecity. Where the eyes should be, there's two glowing yellow orbs. From his left fist he shoots strands of lighting at Kragat, then the creature strikes his flank, shocking the dragon's flesh.

The master is here! Now you die weaklings! MUAHAHAHAH!

The lesser angel tries to strike at Vist, but the wear from the batle starts to take it's toll and the wizard easily dodges her feeble atempts.

The runed knight envelops himself on a white light, wich seems to leave her more refreshed, then she squeezes trough the passage and positions herself at the back of the huge suit of animated armor.

I've got your back master! Let's drive these heretics back!

Ryli's falchion's splits the last lesser angel's head in half, allowing Du'Ran to aproach and partialy cure her wounds.

The incarnum weapon follows the runed knight, managing to find a chink on her armor, but still then not doing that much damage.

She's running! COME BACK HERE!

The warchief advances to the door and, unable to squeeze trough, simply takes down the wall.

J'hon advances and shoots a ray at the runed knight, who however manages to cover his eyes in time, protecting them from the brunt of the blinding light.

The avatar of Bahamut advances, but faced with the threat range of the master and runed knight, proceeds to take down the wall so it can properly advance later.

Crunch:

Kragat make a will save. He also takes 35 damage.

Breaths did damage it, but aparently it's somehow healing from the energy drain. It's not a construct, but it's also not your average living being.

Runed knight made the save against ray, took a hit from the incarnum weapon.

Ryli healed by 25 HP

Surlyseraph:

Since there aren't enemies in your view anymore, and this has been a pretty long batle, I'll let you rage again.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-20.png

Ryli, Du'Ran and J'Hon already acted this turn. Kragat's breathes were on the other turn. Waiting for his and Vist and Rhodius actions.

Dacia Brabant
2009-12-05, 09:53 PM
Rhodius

Glancing down at the gory corpse of the runed knight whose image he had borrowed, Rhodius tries to show a look of pity but, lacking much experience with expressions, it's probably closer to a frown.

"Like the gods I serve? You poor girl, you could not have been more wrong." He might've said more but the battle going on in front of him brought Rhodius back to reality.

He advances past the warchief and shoots a large shard of crystal at this so-called "master."

Moving to K-L 18-19, and manifesting an Empowered Crystal Shard, 8 pp total, at Master. RTA: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

Dacia Brabant
2009-12-05, 09:57 PM
Cool. Rolling to confirm the crit: [roll0], damage: [roll1]

Keld Denar
2009-12-06, 06:49 PM
Vist

Vist flies to D11 and fires off a pair of crackling black rays at the Master.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Then, touching the circlet over his brow a moment, fires off another ray.

[roll4] [roll5]

SR 24 overcome.

Keld Denar
2009-12-06, 06:51 PM
Crit Threat!

[roll0] [roll1]

Omg, this is gonna be awesome if it hits!

Oslecamo
2009-12-07, 01:11 PM
Kragat's resists the lighting coils trying to envelop him and shakes them off, but instead of disapearing, they condensate into two wolf shaped beings!

Rhodius projects a crystal shard wich manages to pierce trough the massive fullplate from one side to the other and makes the Master scream in pain, but even then he doesn't stop.

Vist then tries to drain the Master's energy, keeping the strategy of carefuly controling his spells behaviour. His aim is flawless, and the dark beam goes directly to his face...Only for the wizard to see it stop and disperse just a few militers from the helm opening. Deciding that he'll need a litle luck to pierce the Master's magical protection, Vist's next spell is cast whitout such self control, and manages to this time slip trough his defenses, weakening his strenght.

The Master answers by shooting new lighting coils from his left hand, trying to envelop Rhodius, Du'Ran and the warchief, the last one failing to resist and geting restrained by the living thunder.

Enough! This is HER home! You, what are you waiting for to cleanse these heretics?-asks the Master to the last runed knight.

Very sorry, master, we never tought they would be this strong...

The runed knight then slowly rises her sword trough the air, and let's it down, cuting the air...And something else. Both Du'Ran and Rhodius feel part of their magic protections be shatered. But worst of all, Big O colapses on the ground, where his body sudenly starts to breack as if it was a statue, until it sudenly explodes in a violent blast that leaves nothing behind. For unknown reasons, the blast doesn't hurt anyone despite the proximity.

Kragat takes the oportunity to breathe again, releasing a burst of flames this time, trying to trap the Master into a torrent of fire. The master flinches for a second, but then swipes away the flames with his blade.

Not hot enough! I'm a servant of the red flame! You cannot burn me so easily, servant of Bahamut!

Dragon and armor then advance simultaneously against each other in a clash of titans, claws and teeths against sword, shaking the temple itself with their steps. The Master Spawns jump into Kragat's flanks, sending shocks trough his flesh, but even then the dragon manages to start to crack the huge fullplate trough repeated blows. Not whitout however geting some cuts from the Master, altough the blurring prevents him from properly aiming at Kragat's softer points.

The warchief, despite the coils around him, manages to advance and send another javelin at the Master, further wearing down his armor. A good part of the armor is now cracked and deformed, but the Master still stands strong, and it's perfectly visible to you all the huge metal suit quickly repairing itself.

Kragat:

The master clearly isn't a summon, but from your fight with it so far it isn't clear if it's some advanced transformation or actualy a sophisticated enchanted armor.

Crunch:

Big O blown up dispeled.
Du'Ran loses recitation, and the GMV on his buckler and armor.
Rhodius loses hero's feast.

Du'Ran and Rhodius please make will saves.

Kragat takes 60 damage.

Master took a butload of damage and has -6 str from Vist's spell. His SR, however, is greater than 24.

Situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/Extras/otherhalf3-21.png

Dacia Brabant
2009-12-07, 02:24 PM
Rolling my Will save before taking any further actions: [roll0]

Heh, I forgot to add in the morale bonuses from Hero's Feast every time so no big loss I guess.