PDA

View Full Version : Pimp My Goblins [3/5/Pathfinder]

subject42
2009-09-15, 01:03 PM
I'm looking to add a bit of content to a prewritten module and I would like everyone's help.

The module is Paizo's "Rise of the Runelords" module. In the storyline, the party needs to attack a goblin stronghold and kill a group of evil humans that are trying to unlock an ancient evil that is located on the site. Before you can enter the stronghold, you are confronted by the "Spiritual Leader" of the goblins who sends a warning to the rest of the goblins and tries to kill you. (Druid 4 sending a message with animal messenger and then standard Druid tactics)

My players' party just charmed a goblin druid and talked their way by promising to avoid killing goblins as much as possible, especially their leader.

The party stormed the stronghold, killed the leader, killed every goblin that got near them, and then decided to sleep for the night after barricading themselves in a room.

In response, I'd like to create an "adventuring party", led by the goblin Druid, of the wilier, craftier goblins that managed to survive my players' raid.

The player party consists of five characters that are currently at level 3. They are a human barbarian, a human rogue/homebrew spellcaster, a wizard, a shifter psionic warrior, and a half-elf ranger (ranged, played kind of like a rogue).

I would like to put together five goblins (plus the Druid) that are roughly the same levels as the PCs that will excel at harrying the player characters and escaping before they face repercussions in the form of a face-full of raging barbarian.

I've included some ideas below to get started, but if anyone has any goblin suggestions with PC classes that are in the neighborhood of 1 - 5 I would love to hear them.

Any ideas?

------------------------------------------------------------

DownMagisteriallyHorse (Sorc 3)
DownMagisteriallyHorse is a goblin sorcerer who's demonic taint has driven him insane. He wears a tattered clothes that appear to be the remnants of a primitive straightjacket. Gogmurt (leader of the band) thinks he is dangerous, but his magic was strong enough to justify pulling him out of the hole the goblins locked him in, so he tries hard to keep him pointed in the right direction.

Spells: Grease, True Strike, Hideous Laughter

Shanker (Ranger 3)
Shankbiter was foraging for food during the massacre. He found Gogmurt's hideout and decided to hunt bigger prey.

Ranged specialization, favored enemy human, favored terrain forest

Ratbiter (Rogue 3)
Ratbiter was the only barracks guard that survived the massacre. He pushed one of his injured comrades down a stairwell to trip up the murderers and ran away as fast as he could.

Tiki Snakes
2009-09-15, 01:07 PM
Goblins all with mounted combat and the Wild Cohort feat for bonus wolves?

If I recal at all, the monster stats for Goblins, they get bonuses to ride and stealth? So work with that in mind, imo. Assuming I've not got the wrong bonuses in mind. ^_^

Also, light sources, as they at least have low light vision? If they can use darkness to get an advantage on the party, they should do so.

subject42
2009-09-15, 01:20 PM
Also, light sources, as they at least have low light vision? If they can use darkness to get an advantage on the party, they should do so.

They have darkvision. My thought was something like this:

Quench from the druid to knock out the lights, concentrated volley of crossbow bolts at one player (by distance), grease, RUN (or maybe ride). Repeat this every few hours until the PCs manage to force a fight or until the goblins run out of bolts.

Hopefully the person playing the ranger will remember that she can track. It's been a bit of a problem.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-15, 01:45 PM
I would like to put together five goblins (plus the Druid) that are roughly the same levels as the PCs that will excel at harrying the player characters and escaping before they face repercussions in the form of a face-full of raging barbarian.

I've included some ideas below to get started, but if anyone has any goblin suggestions with PC classes that are in the neighborhood of 1 - 5 I would love to hear them.

Any ideas?

------------------------------------------------------------

DownMagisteriallyHorse (Sorc 3)
DownMagisteriallyHorse is a goblin sorcerer who's demonic taint has driven him insane. He wears a tattered clothes that appear to be the remnants of a primitive straightjacket. Gogmurt (leader of the band) thinks he is dangerous, but his magic was strong enough to justify pulling him out of the hole the goblins locked him in, so he tries hard to keep him pointed in the right direction.

Spells: Grease, True Strike, Hideous Laughter

Shanker (Ranger 3)
Shankbiter was foraging for food during the massacre. He found Gogmurt's hideout and decided to hunt bigger prey.

Ranged specialization, favored enemy human, favored terrain forest

Ratbiter (Rogue 3)
Ratbiter was the only barracks guard that survived the massacre. He pushed one of his injured comrades down a stairwell to trip up the murderers and ran away as fast as he could.
Is LA allowed?
If it is..

Brick
Adamantine Warrior (LA +1) Barbarian 2, Goblin.
He looks like a ton of bicks, hits like ton of bricks, and takes a lot to take down.

Darcand
2009-09-15, 01:57 PM
Rutgart Ranger1/Barbarian1/Fighter1
In true goblin fashion Rutgart charges out of the underbrush, chops the party wizard in half with his great axe and then realizes he had no plan beyond that and dies.

Edit. I just realized you want the goblins to survive. How un-gobliny of them...

Still, how about a pair of rogues that are only seen individually and so appear to have the ability to teleport about at will?

subject42
2009-09-15, 02:26 PM
Still, how about a pair of rogues that are only seen individually and so appear to have the ability to teleport about at will?

I like that idea. I'll have to see what I can do to boost stealth.