PDA

View Full Version : Lets play suggestions?

Gamerlord
2009-09-15, 05:23 PM
Anyone have a suggestion for a lets play? I want to do one but I have so many games (Not many new ones mind you) I can't decide. Fallout games don't seem to work with ifranview for some reason.

Steilos
2009-09-15, 05:25 PM
What kind of games do you have? There's a ton of options concerning old games. Are we talking Oregon Trail or Half Life 1?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-15, 05:27 PM
Any Monster Rancher that isn't Advance 2 (taken by me).

Oregon Trail is always entertaining.

Perhaps a flash game? I don't think anyone's done a Let's Play of flash games before.

Pokemon is always a solid choice.

Any Final Fantasies?

Raroy
2009-09-15, 05:30 PM
In my experience, if you don't know what to lets play, then your probably not going to do so well playing it. Play a game you like, that you know a lot about and feel you could comfortably play and explain things about the game to an audience.

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-09-15, 05:31 PM
X-Com: Apocalypse.

Also, I NOMINATE CHIASAUR

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-15, 05:32 PM
In my experience, if you don't know what to lets play, then your probably not going to do so well playing it. Play a game you like, that you know a lot about and feel you could comfortably play and explain things about the game to an audience.

Take this before all my suggestions. If you truly can't decide, THEN fall back on suggestions, like mine. I mostly picked what would be entertaining to me, because I'm like that.

Gamerlord
2009-09-15, 05:32 PM
A list:

Almost anything on the site known as gametap
NWN: diamond
40k soulstorm
Both lego star wars games
Sims 3&2
Fantasy wars
Diablo 2: LOD (But I would have to look around for it)
Star wars KOTOR 2
A bunch of others

EDIT: Okay time to check my list and check it twice and do one that is my fav.

littlebottom
2009-09-15, 05:41 PM
go download for free "I wanna be the guy" and record yourself playing it and give us hours of entertainment watching you die! over and over! unless you value your sanity or get too easily frustrated.

Steilos
2009-09-15, 05:41 PM
It also depends on the tone you want to take. Do you want take it seriously, mercilessly take the game apart, power through it, or make it into a laugh and a half?

Seconding the your choice thing. I'm am man of many hobbies I'll follow it no matter what.:smallsmile:

chiasaur11
2009-09-15, 05:44 PM
X-Com: Apocalypse.

Also, I NOMINATE CHIASAUR

For what?

I mean, I'm honored and all...

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-15, 05:45 PM
If you really like the Sims series, I'd love to see you do those.

Endless hours of fun for a Let's Play, and it can go in almost any direction. It even lends itself to sequels with the descendants of the people, and is very easy to end abruptly if you need to* (the whole house burnt down. What a shame)

*Never do this unless absolutely necessary.

Gamerlord
2009-09-15, 05:59 PM
I made my decision, I haven't played it much, buts its a good game:

COMING SOON TO A PLAYGROUND NEAR YOU:

So you wanna be a mafia man?: Lets play mafia!

I am going to play it none-seriously with as much funny commentary as possible. If I ever die, I plan on making it as awesome or as funny as possible.

If this one goes nicely, I might do more in the future, one will probably be sims, but only if this one goes nicely.

Johnny Blade
2009-09-15, 06:12 PM
Ah, Mafia...one of those games I somehow never played despite always wanting to. I'll be watching this when it happens.

Now, may I hijack your thread for a query of my own?

Gamerlord
2009-09-15, 06:14 PM
Sure! :smallsmile:

Johnny Blade
2009-09-15, 06:22 PM
Right then...

Since people here generally seem to have a liking for old games in general and the X-Com series in particular, would anyone be interested in a Let's Play of Jagged Alliance 2?
Not that it would happen all too soon - I'd probably start some time in November - but I've been thinking about that since it's rather similar game overall.
(Although people wouldn't have the option of having their own characters here. Well, not among the fighting personnel, at least.)

AgentPaper
2009-09-15, 06:38 PM
Personally, I want to see a LP of Scribblenauts. I think that would be more fun than actually playing the game itself.

Artanis
2009-09-15, 09:23 PM
Right then...

Since people here generally seem to have a liking for old games in general and the X-Com series in particular, would anyone be interested in a Let's Play of Jagged Alliance 2?
Not that it would happen all too soon - I'd probably start some time in November - but I've been thinking about that since it's rather similar game overall.
(Although people wouldn't have the option of having their own characters here. Well, not among the fighting personnel, at least.)

Sure, I'd be interested. I liked it for the short time I got to play it after borrowing the game for a friend, and an LP would be fun to see.

Dogmantra
2009-09-16, 07:46 AM
Perhaps a flash game? I don't think anyone's done a Let's Play of flash games before.

I did a pseudo-let's play of You Have to Burn the Rope.

Bayar
2009-09-16, 07:49 AM
Right then...

Hell yeah ! I still have my unpatched un modded game on my computer since the last month I didnt had internet forced me to reach inside my Oldies but Goldies cd box.

Ikialev
2009-09-16, 08:19 AM
JA2 has been done before.

Temple of Elemental Evil?

Bouregard
2009-09-16, 08:55 AM
Right then...

Yes! Here! JA2 was really cool! Oh and please add the 1.13 inofficial patch... I want to see someone else survive the Drassen Mine *hrhr*

I planed a Deus Ex LP a while ago but didn't find the time to do it...

Johnny Blade
2009-09-16, 09:17 AM
JA2 has been done before.
What, here? Google didn't find one.

Temple of Elemental Evil?
Too many reported bugs. I mean, I didn't encounter any, but then I never got too far into the game, and I personally wouldn't make a Let's Play for a game that can apparently just randomly call it quits if you're unlucky.

Yes! Here! JA2 was really cool! Oh and please add the 1.13 inofficial patch... I want to see someone else survive the Drassen Mine *hrhr*
I had surprisingly few problems with that. The one absolutely lethal fight I once had was when my AE, Sidney, Scope and Buns (who was out of the battle rather quickly after taking a shot to the head and almost fell unconscious before she reached a spot where she could bind her wounds) fought off ~40 soldiers at the gas station west of Balime. (I didn't want to wait for reinforcements and needed that stupid car.) That sector is not easily defended.

And I will, most likely, play 1.13 - if I find a weapons mod that tones down sniper rifles and automatic fire a bit, that is. Especially the sniper rifles.

Anyway, glad to see people are interested.

Rustic Dude
2009-09-16, 09:42 AM
Too many reported bugs. I mean, I didn't encounter any, but then I never got too far into the game, and I personally wouldn't make a Let's Play for a game that can apparently just randomly call it quits if you're unlucky.

With the Circle of Nine(or whatever) patch all bugs go out through the window.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-16, 05:47 PM
I did a pseudo-let's play of You Have to Burn the Rope.

I need to see this!