PDA

View Full Version : Quick Use NPCs

SeekerInTheNight
2009-09-15, 05:35 PM
Does anyone know where/if I could find a quick and dirty set of NPCs with class levels? IE 3-5th level fighters, rogues, sorcerers, clerics, etc.

Lunawarrior0
2009-09-15, 06:23 PM
In 3.5 the DMG (pg 114-126) has levels 1-20 for all the core classes, equipment and everything, it even has in depth info at levels 5 and 10

Thurbane
2009-09-15, 10:02 PM
You could also try DM Tools (http://www.dmtools.org/).

quiet1mi
2009-09-16, 01:29 AM
In cityscape, they have a lot of NPCs ranging from city guard to Cultist, Pick Pockets and thugs to Shop Keeps and politicians... As well as a template for a Mob.

PHB 2 has a Quick NPC generator for single classed things that are found in the complete books and core books.

Even though it is technically 3.0 the Arms and equipment guide has a table for mercenaries, by level and how they would be equipped...

Tome of Battle has entire Units of characters available for taking as NPCs.

Thurbane
2009-09-16, 01:43 AM
Tome of Battle has entire Units of characters available for taking as NPCs.
Heroes of Battle?

quiet1mi
2009-09-16, 02:12 AM
sorry about that, my bad...

Thurbane
2009-09-16, 03:44 AM
sorry about that, my bad...
No prob, just confirming... :smallwink:

Pika...
2009-09-16, 03:48 AM
You could also try DM Tools (http://www.dmtools.org/).

I second this wholeheartedly.

Recently the site went back up after some down time, and much of the data was lost. I have emailed the owner a few times, and she says the project is not dead, but that she is "currently looking for some paying work". I believe it will not be up and running properly for some time, but I pray it finally is.

I have tried adding new statblocks, but the system is not really working well.

Please, those who ahve used it in the past, and who would liek to see it continue please write/email the owner thanking her, and encouraging the project's continuation.

It proved vital during my first eight-month DMing experience, and I owe her much for making that site.

Thurbane
2009-09-16, 09:38 PM
I actually have a few stat blocks up at DM Tools (Skillful Fighter, Ultra Heavy Warhorse and a few others), but when they did the reshuffle of their site, all of the "credits" for NPCs seemed to get lost. :smallfrown: