PDA

View Full Version : A quick question about Grafts

VirOath
2009-09-15, 10:39 PM
I know some Undead Grafts are in the Libris Mortis, but where are the rest found?

Gralamin
2009-09-15, 10:44 PM
I know some Undead Grafts are in the Libris Mortis, but where are the rest found?

All over the place. Magic of Eberron, Faiths of Eberron, Lords of Madness and Fiend Folio for sure.

PinkysBrain
2009-09-15, 10:46 PM
The ones from Eberron tend to combine really poorly with the older ones though ... and are generally pretty damn bad too.

Stormthorn
2009-09-15, 10:54 PM
On the other hand Lords of Madness has a PrC based on grafts and things like a replacment heart that heals you or +5 AC chitin plates.

My perspective is skewed tho. LoM is the only non-core book i own.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-09-16, 12:52 AM
There are also a few in Races of the Dragon. I believe that the ones created in RotD and Eberron books have the little issue where, if you have one of those types of grafts, you are not allowed to get a different style of graft.

The older ones didn't have that restricted and, I think an FAQ clarified that they remain that way. So, you could have an undead graft, an illithid graft, and a silithar graft, but one elemental graft or one dragon graft, and you're stuck with only those for everty. Also, having to blow things like HP and other sacrifices for what little those grafts offer is kind of like the default rules for Weapons of Legacy: not worth the price alone, not worth it with the -2 to saves.