PDA

View Full Version : Battle Forge: All your upgrades are belonging to us.

Archangel Yuki
2009-09-16, 12:57 AM
Alright, time to introduce your forum goers to my newest online addiciton:
Battle Forge! (http://www.battleforge.com)
Battle Forge is a RTS TCG produced and devolped by EA. It is free to play, and quite enjoyable to those of you who enjoy pokemans RTS creature theamed play. It's relatively new, having been out around 6 months.

The basics!
You start with a deck of 20 cards, each card being attributed to a element (color). If you fufill the orb requirements, you can summon it, assuming you have the power. You gain power from power wells, and void power (more on that later.). Summon creatures, send them into battle, and has victory tiems! Yay!
Simple, right?

Every time you complete a PvE game, you gain "upgrade" cards that you can add to your base cards. Stronger, tougher, new abilities, all for sale. You can earn these but not buy them, and you can buy new cards but not earn them.
0_o'

PvP offers other rewards I have not fully explored yet ( As in, I have not bought any boosters and thus I suck at PvP.)

The Story!
The Gods have disappeared and the old sun has died, letting a vile twilight engulf the world of Nyn. In exchange for all treasures the mortals possessed, the evil giants agreed to forge a new sun and hurl it into the sky.

But the deal was betrayed, the treasure stolen and now the mortals flee the wrath of the giants. Under the light of a new sun the mortals stumble into a world changed and twisted by an age of twilight. The long journey home has become a conquest of survival.

You are a Skylord. Once a mortal hero, you long ago gained immortality and became a counsellor to the Gods. For generations you have lived with them in their majestic fortress floating in the skies over the magical world of Nyn.

The fortress of the Gods was named the Forge of Creation for it grants the ability to bring the world's legends to life; use this ability to help guide the fates of the mortals on the surface below.

Conjure up wonders of old, bring about storms and wildfires or wonderful blessings and mystical healings. At your word, legendary creatures spring to life, heroes, monstrosities, dragons and spirits are shaped of pure elemental power to do your bidding. Monumental structures and mighty fortresses of old rise from the earth wherever you desire.

Until now the Gods held you back, centuries passed while the Forge slumbered. But now, the Gods have gone and you are needed. In this Age of Twilight, it is time for the Skylords to seize the power of the Forge. Some will use it to help the mortals of Nyn, others to do battle among themselves. The Forge of Creation has become the BattleForge.

The elements!

Fire
Fire is full of rage and unguided strength. Senselessly it sows destruction while at heart it seeks purpose. All fear its power, but also cherish life-giving warmth that keeps away the cold of the eternal abyss.

Frost
One of the younger elemental powers. Frost was created by the winds and the mists to stop the invasion of Ancients who came to turn the world into one sinister, endless city. It covered the Ancients' city and stone constructs in a deep layer of ice then slowly ground them to dust. Since then it has become the power of protection, a stalwart, frozen shield that slowly but steadily achieves its goals.

Nature
Nature chose to be. When earth had created the trees to shield itself from the rage of the wind and the bite of the rain, they were dissatisfied with being mere soldiers in the war of the elements. The trees rebelled against their grey master and created the power of Nature, to live in balance between the other elements. They drank the rains, cherished the winds, the light of the fire, and dug into the soil. They created the sprawling green forests and covered the lands with plants and animals. Acknowledging the balance of life, Nature never seeks to overpower, but rather prefers to achieve its ends by controlling and calming that which may become a threat.

Shadow
"Shadow is the oldest of the powers. Formed from the blood of the very First Victim, it is the taint of sin that soaked a universe of light. Its stain forever reminds us of that original vile deed. Shadow's essence is pain and terror, but it also feels the urge to break free and to endure. Those bound to Shadow are ready to suffer endless pain and give their lives to achieve their ends. They live between death and life, bearing risk to gain power.

The story is immensive, but the community is small and often those people who have spent money on the game to buy booster packs to aquire cards will steamrole those who have not.

Every PvE game provides you with gold, which players often trade for BFP, which you can use to buy cards. Also, PvE and PvP higher rankings often provide BFP points or cards directly. It is a painstaking process though, the common ratio is 700g:1bfp, and the rarer cards can be 50 BFP.
I'm Yocham on the servers. Hit me up whenever. /w Yocham will contact me.

Smight
2009-09-16, 01:06 AM
Alright, time to introduce your forum goers to my newest online addiciton:
Battle Forge! (http://www.battleforge.com)
Battle Forge is a RTS TCG produced and devolped by EA. It is free to play, and quite enjoyable to those of you who enjoy pokemans RTS creature theamed play.It's relatively new, having been out around 6 months.

The basics!
You start with a deck of 20 cards, each card being attributed to a element (color). If you fufill the orb requirements, you can summon it, assuming you have the power. You gain power from power wells, and void power (more on that later.). Summon creatures, send them into battle, and has victory tiems! Yay!
Simple, right?

Every time you complete a PvE game, you gain "upgrade" cards that you can add to your base cards. Stronger, tougher, new abilities, all for sale. You can earn these but not buy them, and you can buy new cards but not earn them.
0_o'

PvP offers other rewards I have not fully explored yet ( As in, I have not bought any boosters and thus I suck at PvP.)

The story is immensive, but the community is small and often those people who have spent money on the game to buy booster packs to aquire cards will steamrole those who have not.
I'm Yocham on the servers. Hit me up whenever. /w Yocham will contact me.

How free is the game really?
Can you get new creatures without paying for boosters,
for instance in Saga you could trade in game resources for creatures,
it was slow and painful process but it could be done, you could play without any money and be competitive, can the same or similar thing be done here?

Archangel Yuki
2009-09-16, 01:09 AM
How free is the game really?
Can you get new creatures without paying for boosters,
for instance in Saga you could trade in game resources for creatures,
it was slow and painful process but it could be done, you could play without any money and be competitive, can the same or similar thing be done here?

Yes! Every PvE game provides you with gold, which players often trade for BFP, which you can use to buy cards. Also, PvE and PvP higher rankings often provide BFP points or cards directly. It is a painstaking process though, the common ratio is 700g:1bfp, and the rarer cards can be 50 BFP.

shadowxknight
2009-09-16, 02:05 AM
EA? Free?
What sort of trap is this. - -

I guess I'll try this out when I get bored with HoN.

Smight
2009-09-16, 03:10 AM
EA? Free?
What sort of trap is this. - -

It's sign of Apocalipse.

Another game I wanna try and have no time for.:smallfrown:

Archangel Yuki
2009-09-16, 01:28 PM
Shamless bump in the form of information.
I stated earler that you recieve power. You recieve power from 2 sources: Power Wells, and Void Power.
Void Power is power that is added to a pool when either
1) You cast a spell
2) A squad of yours dies.
The power is put into this pool, and is slowly fed back to you at a rate based on how much power is in the Void power pool. So the more squads die and the more spells you cast the quicker it comes back. This provides the unique aspect that spells don't really cost anything, just delay yourself a little. Understanding and harnessing void power is a key element in PvP battles, and can often turn the tide in PvE battles as well.

Smight
2009-09-16, 03:47 PM
I installed the game and I can't see marketplace for gold only BF where do you trade for gold?

Drascin
2009-09-16, 04:24 PM
Mmm. It doesn't sound too bad. I'll download and give it a try.

I'm with shadowknight, though. What's the trick? This is EA we're talking about. A free game by EA must have something else to it. Does it flash you ads during play or something? :smalltongue:

Archangel Yuki
2009-09-16, 05:42 PM
I installed the game and I can't see marketplace for gold only BF where do you trade for gold?

You can't actually. They don't have on set up. You can use gold to buy BF, which you can use in the auction house. This come from other players.
1 Battle Forge Point is about 700 - 900 gold.
Also, you can buy Battle Forge points for real money. Each BFP is a US penny. So each booster is $2.50.

EDIT::: They dont have one yet. according to EA, it's the top of their priority list. They very much want one.

Mmm. It doesn't sound too bad. I'll download and give it a try.

I'm with shadowknight, though. What's the trick? This is EA we're talking about. A free game by EA must have something else to it. Does it flash you ads during play or something? :smalltongue:

Actually, no. There are no ads. The boosters are their only means of aquiring real money, and even those are cheap as hell, at $2.50 each. It's a rather new game, and it's my belief that it is so cheap right now in order to attract a larger userbase. The game only has about a few hundred now- its not uncommon to play with mods and devolpers.

Smight
2009-09-16, 11:54 PM
1 Battle Forge Point is about 700 - 900 gold.

But where and how do you trade gold for BF?

Artanis
2009-09-17, 12:57 AM
Actually, no. There are no ads. The boosters are their only means of aquiring real money, and even those are cheap as hell, at $2.50 each. It's a rather new game, and it's my belief that it is so cheap right now in order to attract a larger userbase. The game only has about a few hundred now- its not uncommon to play with mods and devolpers.

Artix Entertainment makes quite a bit of money running games that can be played for free, but that you can pay to get goodies for. I wouldn't be surprised if EA was giving it a shot.

KBF
2009-09-17, 01:44 AM
Not to mention EA's whole 'We're a developer friendly company now gais' stint.

I downloaded the demo off of Steam awhile ago, noticed when it went fully free and haven't really picked it up again. It's a fun game, but I guess I can't really get hooked on scenarios in RTS games, and PvP.. Well... But if anyone wants to play a GitP game, get someone to message me over Steam and I'll join. My Steam ID is Kirbysfan.

Archangel Yuki
2009-09-17, 10:28 AM
But where and how do you trade gold for BF?

From players. Normally, you can put "buying bfp for gold, 800:1." and you can get a few pm's pretty quick. This is because upgrading your cards can be rather expensive.

Not to mention EA's whole 'We're a developer friendly company now gais' stint.

I downloaded the demo off of Steam awhile ago, noticed when it went fully free and haven't really picked it up again. It's a fun game, but I guess I can't really get hooked on scenarios in RTS games, and PvP.. Well... But if anyone wants to play a GitP game, get someone to message me over Steam and I'll join. My Steam ID is Kirbysfan.

I added you, and to tell the truth that is why I made this. So we can all help each other. Each map has 3 difficulties, and certain upgrades only drop out of certain difficulties. Each card has 3 upgrade levels, and often the expert level drops the best ones.

Smight
2009-09-17, 11:31 PM
My ingame nick is Smightx if someone wants to try some mp maps give me a shout.

YPU
2009-09-18, 03:43 AM
I really wanted to try this game some time ago, but afther I install it doesn’t run on my laptop. :smallfurious: