PDA

View Full Version : [RIFTS]Combat Question

NPCMook
2009-09-16, 05:56 AM
My group has currently taken to playing RIFTS, the character I built is a Bot R.C.C. which was built on 18 million credits, needless to say he's decked out in awesome. I went with a Large Basic Canine chassis and I am equipped with Eye Lasers, a Flamethrower, 2 Particle Beams, and 2 Mini-Missiles. I should have gone with a Giant Chassis, but I accidentally over-looked that part before :smallfrown:

Anyways to the point of this thread: Is there a way for me to fire all my weapons at once?

Unwitting Pawn
2009-09-16, 08:46 AM
I'm afraid I have no idea, as I stopped playing Palladium RPGs years ago. I am curious on one point though, does your PC have opposable thumbs?

kjones
2009-09-16, 08:50 AM
As a guy who played RIFTS once, I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Each attack will take up one "action" or whatever they call them, and I don't think there's a way to cram more than one attack into an action.

There's specific rules for mini-missile volleys, but that's not exactly what you're looking for.

LibraryOgre
2009-09-16, 10:10 AM
My group has currently taken to playing RIFTS, the character I built is a Bot R.C.C. which was built on 18 million credits, needless to say he's decked out in awesome. I went with a Large Basic Canine chassis and I am equipped with Eye Lasers, a Flamethrower, 2 Particle Beams, and 2 Mini-Missiles. I should have gone with a Giant Chassis, but I accidentally over-looked that part before :smallfrown:

Anyways to the point of this thread: Is there a way for me to fire all my weapons at once?

Unfortunately, no. I've seen it allowed with a successful weapons systems roll, however.

NPCMook
2009-09-16, 02:26 PM
I'm afraid I have no idea, as I stopped playing Palladium RPGs years ago. I am curious on one point though, does your PC have opposable thumbs?

No the character does not have opposable thumbs