PDA

View Full Version : Help: My First Artificer (Psionic)

CheshireCatAW
2009-09-16, 10:03 AM
I've decided to try and play an Artificer for the first time. I'm really looking forward to helping my group out while still being able to do much of my previous Rogue duties. The problem is that this class is different enough that I'm afraid I'll make a horrible set of choices and then have to have the rest of the group carry my dead weight, and that's the last thing I really want.

The campaign starts at level 4, so I thought it would be really fun to play a Tinker Gnome (DLCS) with the Phrenic template (+2 LA).

Stats - 28 Point Buy

STR: 10 INT: 22
DEX: 14 WIS: 08
CON: 12 CHA: 12

Skills

I know I'll probably max out ranks in Disable Device, Knowledge: Psionics, Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering, Knowledge: The Planes, Open Lock, Search, Psicraft and Use Psionic Device. Are there any other recommended skills that I should put points into? Maybe a couple of Craft skills?

Feats

Here I probably need the MOST help. I really have no clue what to get to help an Artificer, especially one of 2nd level. Any hints or options would be appreciated.

Use In Game

Being my first Artificer, I want to know how to use him in game. I don't think he'll be able to fight in melee almost at all, so he'll probably use a Crossbow. How useful are the Infusions? What is the most effective way to use the Infusions? Am I like a buffer, who casts his buffs before combat then lets his comrades hack their way to glory?

Thank you SO much for the help, I appreciate it.