PDA

View Full Version : D&D Insider information - how is it doing?

Obrysii
2009-09-16, 10:57 AM
I beg your pardon if this is the wrong place to ask or if this question is wholly inappropriate, but I am not sure where else to ask.

Does anyone have any information regarding Wizards of the Coast's sales figures with 4e D&D and their "D&D Insider" website? I have not heard much news since I abandoned their website, but as someone who strongly detested the idea of Gleemax, I am largely interested in whether it is an astonishing success or not.

So: is it? Is WoTC doing exactly as promised regarding their Dragon and Dungeon magazines? Are they turning a healthy profit? Are they being as successful as they promised?

I went to their forum today, and as far as I can tell, the "old systems" page (or whatever its called) has about half the activity as the 4e forum does, which I would argue is pretty considerable all things taken - which does not say well for the success of 4e and Gleemax/D&D Insider as a whole.

Again - if this is inappropriate for this or any forum here, I apologize. I do not know where else to ask where I will not get a biased answer from a moderator or overzealous fan.