PDA

View Full Version : The WoW classes into 3.5

Paganboy28
2009-09-16, 03:29 PM
I was wondering if the various World of Warcraft races/classes that were published in their roleplay books could be effectively put into a "normal" dnd game without being over or under powered.

What do you think?

Kurald Galain
2009-09-16, 03:52 PM
As I recall, most of them are tier 4 (perhaps 3), so that would be a "yes". Note that I haven't extensively played the WOW variation of 3.5

(...oh noes, they're turning D&D into... yeah, we know :smallbiggrin: )

Primal Fury
2009-09-16, 03:53 PM
Hm. I think so. More than anything because of th way they did spell casters. They may still have more power than other classes, but they're not as versitile because of the separate spell lists for the different paths. A Mage is gonna be better at blasting than a Warlock or Necro. That same Mage is not going to be as good (or have any ability now that I think about it) at summoning or debuffing than the other two. I think it defines the casters roles better.

I don't have the books in front of me right now, so I can't give you a point-for-point diagram or anything, but that's the thing that sticks out in my mind.

jiriku
2009-09-16, 04:22 PM
In a game that I presently play, I have a cleric/radiant servant of pelor follower specialized in healbotting and another player has a healer follower. Although the followers are of equal level and we both have access to the same sourcebooks, my cleric grossly outperforms the healer at both healing and buffing, and is modestly better at removing negative status effects.

The turn undead ability (and thus the ability to use divine feats) and the larger spell list make the cleric greatly superior to the healer even though I ignored the cleric's potential strength in melee combat and chose sub-optimal domains. It's not even close.

As far as other WoW d20 classes, I have no experience with them and cannot comment.