PDA

View Full Version : What do you think would be better?

Paganboy28
2009-09-16, 03:55 PM
Warforged artificer - robot man who can self imbue and such

or

Dwarf artificer with construct grafts - can still drink ale and get drunk whilst racing around on his custom trike-o-death.

Dwarf artificers don't have anything "special" though do they?????

Keld Denar
2009-09-16, 04:08 PM
By special...you mean what? Racial Sub levels? No, not like Warforged do.

Dream Dwarf (Races of Stone) would be a better artificer than a standard dwarf, simply because they get -2 dex instead of -2 cha (Cha for UMD). Thats really such a minor upgrade though.

In the end, Artificers are so uber that it doesn't matter what race you are. You could be a gully dwarf and still make a passable artificer, with a bit of down time and some creativity on behalf of the player...

Paganboy28
2009-09-16, 04:15 PM
I have this image in my head of a gruff hells-angel sort of dwarf with mechanical grafts as he tries to convert his body to more and more mechanical devices to extend his life.

Obviously he has big uber custom weapons that he has created, various machines, constructs and such.

He is still partial to the good ole ale and sometimes gets drunk leading to all sorts of mechanical mischief. (maybe he was/is responsible for the clockwork horrors!)

Keld Denar
2009-09-16, 04:24 PM
Like a hybred mechanical/magical floating beer bong with a mechanical valve and an automatic foam tamping dweomer?

Cause that would be HELLA useful.

And yea, the +2 con bonus you get from dwarf would be advised to compensate for all the HP you lose with a lot of the mechanical grafts. Ouchies!

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-16, 04:39 PM
1. Play Warforged Artificer.
2. Fluff item oven in it's chest.
3. Make him ping when he finishes making items.
4. Get a laugh from your group then go back to being an awesome Warforged Artificer.

Sorry, I have a thing for Warforged Artificers. They are just so perfect together.

Fax Celestis
2009-09-16, 04:47 PM
WHY NOT BOTH.

Dwarf Artificer into the Renegade Mastermaker prestige class in Magic of Eberron. The PrC essentially slowly turns you into a warforged.

Keld Denar
2009-09-16, 05:24 PM
Needs more cigar smoking, booze guzzling, mysogynistic comments, and exclaimations to "bite my shiney metal boop".

Still, there is much hope to be had.

Paganboy28
2009-09-17, 12:56 PM
WHY NOT BOTH.

Dwarf Artificer into the Renegade Mastermaker prestige class in Magic of Eberron. The PrC essentially slowly turns you into a warforged.

Ahha! But is this PrC really worth taking at the cost of advancing artificer levels?

Maybe i'll just play a straight warforged again....

Telonius
2009-09-17, 01:02 PM
Instead of ale, the dwarf drinks fermented oil ... :smalleek:

Grumman
2009-09-17, 01:08 PM
An Artificer would qualify for the Techsmith PrC from Faiths and Pantheons, wouldn't it? For a while now I've thought it would be cool to play a Warforged Techsmith of the Becoming God, who considered it his sacred duty to build a body worthy for his god's material form - the prototype being represented by the Techsmith's Gondsman.

Paganboy28
2009-09-17, 01:59 PM
An Artificer would qualify for the Techsmith PrC from Faiths and Pantheons, wouldn't it? For a while now I've thought it would be cool to play a Warforged Techsmith of the Becoming God, who considered it his sacred duty to build a body worthy for his god's material form - the prototype being represented by the Techsmith's Gondsman.

Yeh the techsmith fits, but again loses the artificer abilities such as a craft reserve and such. Techsmith seems nice though. Domains would be pointless though.

PinkysBrain
2009-09-17, 02:21 PM
Craft Reserve is irrelevant ... Metamagic Spelltrigger is uber though and you don't really want to lose metamagic spell completion either. The bonus feats are nice too.

Paganboy28
2009-09-19, 02:43 AM
There must be a decent PrC out there for the Artificer.... maybe some that focus on crafting particular items.