PDA

View Full Version : Storing/Displaying/Protection a valuable book

Lupy
2009-09-16, 09:16 PM
Today my very owned signed by the author copy of Guards! Guards came in the mail! :smallbiggrin: After coming off my glee high I realized however that I don't know what I need to do to protect it. I presume that I should get a box or case for it, bit I don't know what I am looking for really.

I'm sure that someone itp has had to store a valuable book before, how did you go about it?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-09-16, 09:21 PM
... I once had TP email me after I emailed him happy birthday. I think I was 7. :smallannoyed:

xPANCAKEx
2009-09-16, 09:24 PM
sadly signed copies of guards guards arn't exactly a rarity - put it in mylar and keep it out of direct sunlight if you want to keep it mint

thubby
2009-09-16, 09:27 PM
you can always vacuum seal it.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-09-16, 09:41 PM
you can always vacuum seal it.

Tupperware?

Really, anything that keeps out dust particles would work. If you didn't want to display it, you could put it in a cardboard box and tape is shut. Or maybe plastic wrap.

Tirian
2009-09-16, 10:15 PM
Yeah, this isn't an original copy of the Declaration of Independence you have here. I'm glad that it's very meaningful, but it isn't very valuable. Treasure it by reading it often but not in the bathtub or while eating a chili dog, and never loan it to a friend.

I've got a signed copy of HGTTG, and, yeah, there is always a squee of OMG I am touching something that Douglas Adams touched OMG OMG!!!1! And also a reminder that I should always think of what I'm going to say to a well-loved author ahead of time because my friend did and his book is inscribed "To the future President of the Galaxy -- God help us all."

Faulty
2009-09-17, 08:43 AM
Explosive Runes, obviously.