PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Suggestions for getting the most out of an Artificer cohort

maniakmastah
2009-09-16, 10:54 PM
Hey ya'll, i'm playing a ECL 13 Warforged DungeonCrasher 6/Lion Totem Barbarian 1/ Warforged Juggernaut 5/ Warforged Paragon 1 and i have a 7th level human Artificer cohort that specializes in building things for my Warforged and repairing him when needed. What are some suggestions for getting the most out of my cohort for making items. She currently has Exceptional Artisan, Legendary Artisan, and Extraordinary Artisan (so her time, XP, and gold costs to make items are reduced by 25%) and Magical Aptitude and Skill Focus( Use Magic Device), as well as max ranks for 7th level in Use Magic Device and a +2 cha mod for a total of +17 on Use Magic Device checks to make items. What i want is classes or traits that can help her make items faster, cheaper, and with greater effect. Eagerly awaiting your advice ya'll.

deuxhero
2009-09-16, 10:58 PM
Just because he stops leveling two levels under you, it isn't mean he stops getting XP (IIRC)

Also, Dedicated Wright, use it, stick it in a portable hole, and let your cohort do more than sit and craft..

KaganMonk
2009-09-17, 09:02 AM
I don't think there is another class more efficient at making magic items. Instead, stay with it and start picking up metamagic for when you get Metamagic Completion/Trigger. Then you can really put your UMD to use by acing UMD checks to, say, maximize or other effects on regular scrolls and wands.