PDA

View Full Version : 403 Forbidden

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-17, 09:16 AM
I'm trying to post in the IC thread of a PbP game, but most times when I try to post I get an error page titled 403 Forbidden.

It is letting me post the message bits at a time, editing them in each time. But certain words seem to trigger the forbidden message, the first one I have noticed is the word "pulse".

Anyone know why?

Edit: I may have been wrong about pulse. It won't let me edit it anymore. That is the only message that is causing the probem, other text seems to be fine, but I can't post that message anywhere.

Actual text on the error page:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/editpost.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.giantitp.com Port 80

LordZarth
2009-09-17, 09:21 AM
Does it say "lynx" and a space? That's one combo.

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-17, 09:21 AM
Does it say "lynx" and a space? That's one combo.

Really. It does say that, but why is that being forbidden?

Edit:
I took out "lynx" and it posted fine. That's really weird :smallconfused:

Keris
2009-09-17, 09:59 AM
Really. It does say that, but why is that being forbidden?
According to Rawhide:

The word lynx followed by a space is blocked not by the forum software but the server's security configuration. The security configuration is in place to prevent code injection and the use of that program through people manipulating web scripts. However, it's not actually an issue as we do not have lynx installed on the server at all. As it's a non-issue for several reasons and a word we use frequently here, I have asked several times for it to be unblocked by the hosting company and every time they do unblock it, until the next security audit and upgrade.

Can't really blame them, they are doing what they are supposed to be doing and protecting the server from attacks, it's just annoying to me and to you.

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-17, 10:20 AM
Fair enough. I was just getting really confused and annoyed.

Thanks for the answer.