PDA

View Full Version : Wealth per Level.

Vulion
2009-09-17, 02:31 PM
Could someone perhaps give me a table that shows how much wealth each level gets?

Douglas
2009-09-17, 02:33 PM
Assuming you are talking about D&D 3.5, that information is not Open Gaming Content and is therefore not legal to post here. I can tell you where to look it up, though: DMG page 135.

Vulion
2009-09-17, 02:37 PM
Assuming you are talking about D&D 3.5, that information is not Open Gaming Content and is therefore not legal to post here. I can tell you where to look it up, though: DMG page 135.

Thank you.

Random832
2009-09-17, 02:52 PM
The pathfinder table is freely available, though (link (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gamemastering.html)), and the numbers are not of freakishly different magnitude

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-17, 03:20 PM

I'm curious, why isn't that information OGC? I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason, but I've always wondered why this is.

Random832
2009-09-17, 03:23 PM
I'm curious, why isn't that information OGC? I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason, but I've always wondered why this is.

Some things were not released because they don't want anyone to be able to make a complete game using just their released OGC material.

The idea was that anyone who buys a d20 game has to buy the D&D or Modern core books from WOTC to be able to play it.

You actually can't include any wealth by level, XP to level, etc rules (even ones you make up yourself) if you want to use the d20 name.

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-17, 03:24 PM
Some things were not released because they don't want anyone to be able to make a complete game using just their released OGC material. You actually can't include any wealth by level, XP to level, etc rules (even ones you make up yourself) if you want to use the d20 name.

I knew it would make sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Another_Poet
2009-09-17, 03:31 PM

Correction: it's not legal to reproduce as gaming content.

As with all copyrighted material, it's perfectly legal to quote a small portion as part of a review ("Hmm, let me show you why I feel the WBL is poorly balanced... let's look at Level 5 for instance...") or in a work of satire ("Lots of gold for Level 3 / 2700 gp to me / broke the back of my donkeyyy / Dang ol' gold for Level 3"). Alternately, you could scan the page and work it into some kind of collage or other original work of art, and it is your original copyright even if the other copyrighted material can still be read therein.

:smallbiggrin:

But yeah, DMG p 135. Probably your easiest bet and least likely to result in banning :smallsmile:

ericgrau
2009-09-17, 04:50 PM

Probably the biggest purpose of OGC is to allow 3rd party material to work freely with core by letting it quote core without breaking copyright. That way everyone is working with 1 system, and there aren't a dozen variants like 2e. So class features yes, especially those required for 3rd party prestige classes. Wealth by level, no. IIRC anything that's only good for character creation is not OGC.