PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a prestige class

MethosH
2009-09-17, 06:18 PM
So, I'm playing as a Modron Fighter level 2 now (a non-winged quadrone) and I'm thinking about getting a prestige class later in the game. The thing is... I really wan't to find a prestige class that focus on multiweapons (since I have four arms) and don't require much charisma (since I got 7 :P) nor dex.

I would really anjoy a suggestion.

Eldariel
2009-09-17, 06:24 PM
...what kind of a Fighter are you? Prestige Classes are about specialization and it's hard to give advice in that regard if we don't know what you do.

herrhauptmann
2009-09-17, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure there are any PrC's in core to help you. There's a few to help with two-weapon fighters, but multiweapon fighters are more of a monster thing (at least I think so). The twoweapon PrC's could be changed with DM permission to suit your character, but as written, they'd only advance your combat skills for two of your arms, not all 4. Plus, you'd still have to take TWF to qualify for them.

Gametime
2009-09-17, 11:20 PM
If you have access to Complete Warrior, a Dervish could work. There are a few feat and skill requirements, but the class focuses on making a full attack and moving, and multiple arms complements that.

quick_comment
2009-09-17, 11:51 PM
Bloodclaw master lets you get your full strength to all your weapons.

DragoonWraith
2009-09-17, 11:53 PM
Books in play?

MethosH
2009-09-18, 01:40 PM
We are using 3.5 books, pathfinder and kingdom of stell (not sure the name of this one in english)

I'll take a look at Dervish, thanks : )
where can I find out about Bloodclaw master?

Fax Celestis
2009-09-18, 01:45 PM
where can I find out about Bloodclaw master?

Tome of Battle.

ShadowsGrnEyes
2009-09-18, 01:49 PM
Dervish is a GREAT class. You could maybe dip into tempest if the DM will allow it and 2 weapon fighting feats to work for multiarms. . .

MethosH
2009-09-18, 02:10 PM
Thanks, I'll take a look

Yeah! I was reading about tempest right now. I don't have any penalty using 2 arms weapons. Actually I shouldn't have any penalty at all for all my arms, but the DM was mean to me lol.
So I'm thinking about take a few levels in tempest and find a prestige class that allows better fight with a shield (since I can use 3 weapons and a shield).
I know that there is a feat that allows me to use my shield as a weapon without losing the AC bonus

herrhauptmann
2009-09-18, 02:57 PM
Dumb question, would multiattack allow you to use 2 separate 2 handed weapons?
Obviously using a weapon in both right arms, and another in both left arms wouldn't work properly, but use like a falchion in your upper set, and another in the lower set?

Vangor
2009-09-18, 03:03 PM
Actually I shouldn't have any penalty at all for all my arms, but the DM was mean to me lol.

I suppose I should ask, why shouldn't you have any penalty at all for all of your arms since I am not familiar with the race you are using? I have used Thri-keen Dervishes wielding Scimitars via Multiattack, and there is still a -2 attack penalty.

Yes herrhauptmann, Multiattack allows the use of two two-handed weapons. At least, I have not seen anything to dispute this. However, if you can apply additional damage per attack, such as with the Dance of the Dervish, single weapons gain a slight advantage in my book.

MethosH
2009-09-18, 05:37 PM
Superior Multiweapon Fighting is a race feat for Modrons :smallbiggrin:

When you are playing a character with more than 2 arms the Two-weapon fighting feat is replaced by Multiweapon Fighting..
there is Multiweapon Fighting, Improved, Greater, Perfect and Superior... The Superior allows you to use your arms without any penalty. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, if you are a Modron Exile you don't have that feat... You need to be a Modron Rogue.. Quadrone or above.

And by Rogue I don't mean the class.

Edit:

Dumb question, would multiattack allow you to use 2 separate 2 handed weapons?

I don't think so... I think multiattack is for natural weapon only. You need multiweapon fighting for this.

Edit 2:
And it depends of the 2 handed weapon. You can use 2 handed bows and 2 handed spears.. But you can't have 2 bastard swords. Cuz you need to swing them a lot and blablabla.. that's what the manual says.

The Glyphstone
2009-09-18, 05:49 PM
Modrons get an Epic feat as a racial bonus feat? Wow, that's good.

Vangor
2009-09-18, 07:14 PM
I don't think so... I think multiattack is for natural weapon only. You need multiweapon fighting for this.

Whoops, I keep saying Multiattack when I mean Multiweapon Fighting. Comes from me playing with DMing for too many Savage Species style classes.

Weird on the Modron, reading now in the Manual of the Planes WE and...yeah...Superior Two Weapon Fighting as a Special Quality. Intense little ball of arms there.

With this, the Dervish should be a strong contender with Scimitars, except a prerequisite is Dodge and low Dex may hurt due to armor limitations. Charisma won't matter, however, since the length of the Dance is based on Perform (Dance) ranks; I suggest the Cosmopolitan feat from FRCS (region feat).

Tempest from CAdv has the same drawbacks with armor limitations and Dodge prerequisite, though needing Improved Two-Weapon fighting should be solved by Superior Multiweapon Fighting. However, SMW renders the Ambidexterity class feature worthless as this only reduces the penalties by 1 and an additional 1. The class ability descriptions should obviously apply to Multiweapon Fighting creatures, too, but the only real benefit from the class might be contested from Two-Weapon Versatility, which cannot be justified.

What I might suggest is a Bloodstorm Blade from ToB, though this is most effective with being a Warblade. Utilizing two two-handed weapons should limit the amount of Iron Heart strikes expended throughout, but this effectively gives you more options on larger battlefields without penalizing yourself by letting you hurl any weapon, cause them to return automatically, cause them to ricochet, and more.

quick_comment
2009-09-18, 10:21 PM

Multiheaded creatures get the same thing, along with combat reflexes.

MethosH
2009-09-18, 10:23 PM

Modrons have lots of cool stuff.. They don't need to eat or sleep.. nor breath! They have all-around vision and darkvision.
But they only get half of the healing from spells and they don't regenerate while resting : (
Oh, and they have a fixed initiative.. and that sucks cuz mine is stuck in 4 :smallannoyed:
My DM don't want me to have the epic feat as a racial bonus lol, but he gave me Multiweapon Fighting

Edit:
I'm not familiar with this "Iron Heart" thing :smalltongue: where can I get the reference?

DragoonWraith
2009-09-18, 10:47 PM
Iron Heart is a Tome of Battle Martial Discipline.

And it depends of the 2 handed weapon. You can use 2 handed bows and 2 handed spears.. But you can't have 2 bastard swords. Cuz you need to swing them a lot and blablabla.. that's what the manual says.
Where does it say this? I don't remember seeing any restriction on how you use your extra arms...

MethosH
2009-09-19, 12:24 AM
Iron Heart is a Tome of Battle Martial Discipline.

Where does it say this? I don't remember seeing any restriction on how you use your extra arms...

Damn... I read about 4 or 5 books of rules the last days looking for a good prestige class... I'll see if I can find that again. BRB

EDIT:

Got it... Swords and Fist - A Guidebook to Fighters and Monks.

Page 62: Extra Limbs and Multitasking.