PDA

View Full Version : A Few Random Questions (3.5)

FerhagoRosewood
2009-09-17, 08:24 PM
First, what are some notable and/or powerful bard PrCs?

And, for some odd questions... What classes/PrCs would you think Nintendo characters: Donkey Kong, Samus, and Captain Falcon to have?

May not seem so, but I sorta need serious input on these questions.

Thanks for the help in advance. ^^

*.*.*.*
2009-09-17, 08:45 PM
First, what are some notable and/or powerful barb PrCs?Frenzied berserker(CW), Bear warrior(CW), and Runescarred berserker(UE)

And, for some odd questions... What classes/PrCs would you think Nintendo characters: Donkey Kong, Samus, and Captain Falcon to have?

May not seem so, but I sorta need serious input on these questions.

Thanks for the help in advance. ^^
Donkey Kong:Some Kind of anthro ape that focuses on ranged attacks(barrels) or grappling
Samus:Blasty Mage
Cap'n Falcon:Warlock with dip into monk for horrendous blow(I think?)

FAWLCUN PUNCH!

FerhagoRosewood
2009-09-17, 08:46 PM
*Facepalm*

I meant Bards, darn my typoes!

Sorry. But thanks for the rest. ^^

Assassin89
2009-09-17, 08:51 PM
Bards? There's Sublime Chord(CMage) and Virtuoso (CAdv)

Keld Denar
2009-09-17, 08:51 PM
Bar PrCs include just about anything with full BAB. Frenzied Berzerker is really good, but takes a LOT of careful planning to keep from screwing yourself over. And if your DM is a ****, no amount of preplanning will prevent potential TPKs every day.

Runescarred Berzerker is in one of the Faerun books, and is pretty powerful with its pseudo-spellcasting.

Occult Slayer is ok, gives you some defenses and full BAB.

Deepwarden is great if you are a dwarf. Fist of the Forest is similar, but requires some useless feats but doesn't require you to be a dorf. You can take both for double Con to AC though.

Frostrager is good if you are arctically inclined, or have a Frost Mage evoker buddy dropping [Cold] subbed Fireballs on you.

Heck, like I said, anything with full BAB is passable. 2 levels of Fighter, while not a PrC, is a good dip for 2 feats. Little bit o' Hexblade for the Cha inclined Barbarian is nice for defenses and scare synergy. Warblade is a natural choice, although stay away from Diamond Mind manevuers since you can't use them while raging.
I fail....

Yea, Sublime Chord is essential for a caster Bard build. Commonly with Virtuoso progressing it. Lyric Thamaturge is also passing fair. Seeker of the Storm...fails, and how! Mindbender is really easy to get into, and 1 level dip is very common if you don't mind not being good aligned. Also, Warblade and Crusader and Paladin are not exactly PrCs, but combine with Bard in fun ways with Song of the White Raven (ToB) and Devoted Performer + Snowflake Wardance + Divine Might for Cha melee synergy.

As far as the characters...I've seen Captain Falcon done up as a Warlock with Improved Unarmed Strike and Hideous Blow. Still not perfect, and rather weak in play, but emulates the character style pretty well...I guess...

Tavar
2009-09-17, 08:56 PM
Sublime Cord is in Complete Arcane, and is considered the strongest Bard PrC out there.

I always saw Captain falcon as an unarmed swordsage, focusing on Desert Wind and Diamond Mind, possibly with some Iron Heart stuff as well.

FerhagoRosewood
2009-09-17, 09:04 PM
Given the setting I've made, I don't want to rely too much on ToB. The house rule within my group is that you need a temple or dojo to train in. And this setting has none of those.

Keld Denar
2009-09-17, 10:16 PM
Probably the best caster bard build looks a little something like this:

Bard5/Mindbender1/Bard+3/Virt1/SubChord2/Virt+8
feats:
1 Melodic Casting (CMage)
3 Song of the Heart (ECS)
6 Mindsight (LoM)
9 Versatile Spellcaster (RotDragon)
12 stuff
15 feats
18 seriously...nothing to see here

Maybe throw some Dragonfire Inspiration in there at 1 if you are a Silverbrow Human or Glimmerskin Strongheart Halfling. Mindbender can be removed, if you want to be good, but Mindsight is SOOOOO good, especially if you have Glitterdust as one of your 2nd level spells so you can "light up" hidden foes for your party to trash. I'm also partial to getting a +1 Sudden Stunning blade (SS is in DMGII) and using Whirling Blade to "throw" the blade up to 60' to disable people. Its pretty effective and Cha synergistic!

Thurbane
2009-09-17, 10:26 PM
Donkey Kong: Awakened Dire Ape Hulking Hurler

FerhagoRosewood
2009-09-17, 10:31 PM
Well the idea is that I want a high level bard for my party to face off against.

P.S. I'm the DM here.

^^;

The bard would happen to be of the demon/devil variety. Also, what would be the stats or LA for an awakened Dire Ape?

FerhagoRosewood
2009-09-18, 07:27 PM
I was thinking of just using a Hadozee from Stormwrack for simplicity.

Basically a simple bump.

^-^;