PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Destroyer idea help

BlackWitch
2009-09-17, 09:12 PM
I am currently trying to work out a character idea into a d&d 3.5 character. I am not trying to min-max, nor am I thinking of dipping for any reason.

My idea for the character is a regular (persanality wise) girl who is very creative. She is however sometimes possessed by 'demons', whether that be true or just a homicidle breakout, and is known to cause destruction and terror to others. Shes able to create some of the most grotesque things imaginable, and and has been known to drive even the most formidable men insane. The story itself behind her doesn't affect much however.

I was thinking of an illusionist of some kind, with melee abilities as well. Armor would be nice, as well as the use of a two handed weapon if possible. This doesn't need to be strong, just not weak. I love flavour, but not cheese.

I was thinking of Barbarian/Sorcerer/Nightmare Spinner with the armoured mage feat. But I am more interested on everyone's opinions and ideas. Criticism is welcome, but useless banter makes blackwitch cry :'(

Niccolo Deval
2009-09-17, 09:22 PM
So, a Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NightmareFuelStationAttendant) character?
Hmm. Bard has some illusion spells, not totally sure what... and I remember something in Races of Eberron that had an instant-death-due-to-greatest-fear-appearing spell.

BlackWitch
2009-09-17, 09:36 PM
essentially yes, when she has a freakout she acts like the disturbed abominations she made are like cute little puppies. I like the bard,but the music is kinda odd in this scenario 0_0

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-17, 09:49 PM
In that case, dont take Perform (Sing), take Perform (Chanting), or Peform (Dance), or Peform (Maniacal Giggling) :smalltongue: or whatever.

NeoVid
2009-09-17, 10:15 PM
I think there is a Rage Mage prestige class, so your barb/caster levels can actually work together.

And you might like Beguiler more than Sorcerer. Easier to play, and has a big array of skills you can use in interesting (disturbing) ways.

Grynning
2009-09-17, 10:26 PM
There is a Rage-mage prestige class, but it's really bad, even if you're not optimizing. Just avoid it.

If you want to get away from illusions and have the demon things be real, you could focus on Summon Monster spells and go into the Alienist PrC from Complete Arcane, which has some of the psycho built right into the class. Everything you summon is covered in tentacles and squick, too.

The Malconvoker is the other summoner PrC, but it involves too much tricking and haggling with demons to really fit this character, IMO.

BlackWitch
2009-09-17, 10:38 PM
I have to say, I love the alienist prc very much. I might just do both real and illusionary. I'm focusing on rping, and i can make some very bizarre things.

But that leaves out the fighter side of it >.< the fighter side isn't very important, I'd just like some self defense while I'm at it

BlackWitch
2009-09-18, 05:42 PM
Srry to double post, but I wanted to get a quick answer >.<)

What are peoples opinions on Acolyte of the Skin?