PDA

View Full Version : Need a name for a race.

Revan Ordo
2009-09-18, 07:32 AM
Okay,

I'm currently about to start running a drow/underdark campaign. In this campaign there is this race that I've created that is a cross between the borg and MTG's Phyrexian's this race was created by a very ambitious and powerful male drow wizard, Mordagoth, who was disgusted with the way drow males were treated in Lolthian society. Ultimately he feels that the flesh is weak and that natural evolution is too slow.

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-18, 07:41 AM
Okay,

I'm currently about to start running a drow/underdark campaign. In this campaign there is this race that I've created that is a cross between the borg and MTG's Phyrexian's this race was created by a very ambitious and powerful male drow wizard, Mordagoth, who was disgusted with the way drow males were treated in Lolthian society. Ultimately he feels that the flesh is weak and that natural evolution is too slow.

Drow-leks?

Or if Lolth ever does anything about it: Cannon Fodder.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I suck at naming stuff (I promise, I really tried).

Revan Ordo
2009-09-18, 07:52 AM
Kobold-Bard,

Thanks anyway. I appreciate it.

Jair Barik
2009-09-18, 08:02 AM
Thriskeele
Morlwraths
Methalagoths
Just a few random fantasy sounding names off the top of my head, last 2 relating to their creators name

Revan Ordo
2009-09-18, 08:09 AM
Jair,

Not bad, not bad. Keep them coming.

Chrizzt
2009-09-18, 09:07 AM
Androwians (greek andros: man -> as this race's creator was not happy with matriarchism.. even the word drow is in the name to make some mockery of the name of the race whose traditional society their creator was not happy with)

Revan Ordo
2009-09-18, 09:54 AM
Chrizzt,

Awesome work I'm really liking Androwians it is very close to what I'm looking for. Good work everybody keep it up.

Kuma Kode
2009-09-18, 10:10 AM
Solianimus.

Means "one mind."