PDA

View Full Version : Half-Elves 3.5

Sharkman1231
2009-09-18, 10:57 PM
Half-Elves really suck. Everyone understands, that good. I also don't like them, but I want to make them better, anyone have any ideas?
I was thinking mabye +2 Cha
I dunno... :-/

Animefunkmaster
2009-09-18, 11:25 PM
Well to my knowledge they are the only paragon class that gives a bonus feat at first level. That and multiclassing.

Flickerdart
2009-09-18, 11:34 PM
+2 CHA wouldn't be too unbalancing, I'd say: Sorcerers and Bards could use the free boost.

ericgrau
2009-09-18, 11:55 PM
They get +2 to saves vs. domination, confusion, charm, etc.; all enchantment. And some skill bonuses. But otherwise they're fairly meh. Maybe you could build on that a bit. Most people don't care too much for skills, so something else. Maybe the elven ability to find secret doors. Or boost that save boost to include all mind affecting spells. Some boost like that would at least bring them up to elves. Then if you want to go from there you need to start boosting multiple races.

Harperfan7
2009-09-19, 12:55 AM
In my homebrew, I give them the ability to reroll any roll (except saving throws) 1/day/level. The only catch is it has to be something based on effort, so it's not luck or anything. No rerolling concealment miss chances or anything like that. This makes half-elves more action-heroish.

Most people consider that too powerful, so if you use action points, you could say they get more per level than other races.

You could also weaken it by saying 1/day/# levels (greater than 1).

Grynning
2009-09-19, 12:57 AM
I've always said that Half-elves should get bonus skill points, like a human, and half-orcs should get a bonus feat like a human. Makes both races more playable and actually gives them some abilities from their human side, which neither currently have.

TheThan
2009-09-19, 01:23 AM
Personally I’ve always thought there should be half-human template you apply to a race to create a half-elf, half orc, half whatever.