PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Craft

NPCMook
2009-09-19, 05:10 AM
Has anyone else here tried this system? Some of my group is looking at maybe doing a 4th game a week, I recommended either Fantasy Craft or Eclipse Phase... most of my group seems to lean more towards the Fantasy setting over the Sci-Fi settings. So I'm looking at tossing Fantasy Craft at them.

For those of you who don't know what Fantasy Craft is: It is Flaming Cobra's version of DnD 3.5 is the best way I can put it, it is not like Pathfinder which is(I do not wish to start an edition war here, this is just my opinion on Pathfinder) a bunch of House Rules, it is different system completely. Link (http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1483&qsSeries=43&PHPSESSID=bc711ae67cfc0661898d7a636221da82) to official site.

Link (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=64194#previews) to preview at Drive Thru RPG

So tl;dr Have you tried the system? How was your experience with it? If you don't know about it, check it out.

Kizara
2009-09-19, 07:58 AM
Not going to lie, when I saw this thread title I thought you were going to discuss map making. I'm pretty certain that there is a mapmaking program called Fantasy Craft, and in general "craft" is generally used to designate the making of settings and maps.

As for what your thread ACTUALLY ended up being about, no I've never heard of this system and have no interest in trying to learn it.

Sophismata
2009-09-19, 10:16 AM
As for what your thread ACTUALLY ended up being about, no I've never heard of this system and have no interest in trying to learn it.

That is one of the most inane and utterly pointless replies to a thread that I've ever seen.

NPCMook - It's a good system, and seems (so far, at least) fairly balanced without going down the extreme combat focus route of 4e. Be warned that it is very crunchy - both players and GM are going to need to know it well.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-09-19, 10:30 AM
Ehh I've not played it my self. But i know the makers made spy craft which is terribly unbalanced. Plus the system kinda sucks. (spy craft atleast)
One of my players rants and raves about it. But he likes things that are easily broken and or being way overpowered from the get go(hes a big fan of old werewolf and exhalted).