PDA

View Full Version : Hijinks with Sexy Notepads!

The Rose Dragon
2009-09-19, 01:20 PM
I bought two notepads, one yellow, one white, A5, 140 sheets, quad ruled, and have a Cambridge logo on them.

Anyway, the problem is, I don't know what do with them.

So, any ideas what kind of things I can do with my new cool sexy awesome notepads?

Write a novel? Write a new RPG system? Write lecture notes? Draw illustrations? Make paper planes?

Emperor Ing
2009-09-19, 01:23 PM
Hit people you don't like with 'em.

You get the satisfaction of hitting someone with something
A notepad is not hard enough to do any serious damage
You'll NEVER run out of paper if you do this. :smallcool:

The Rose Dragon
2009-09-19, 01:24 PM
Hit people you don't like with 'em.

You get the satisfaction of hitting someone with something
A notepad is not hard enough to do any serious damage
You'll NEVER run out of paper if you do this. :smallcool:

Actually, it has a stiff back for easier writing, so it can cause a good deal of damage.

Good thinking though.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-19, 01:29 PM
Then hit 'em with the flat paper end and DON'T hit them with the sides! :smalltongue:

Seriously though, with 280 pages worth of writing material, if you must write a novel, it might be a good mechanism for jotting down ideas for characters or scenarios. I believe that novels should be written on the computer if only for convinience and simplicity.
I can see an RPG system being created with 280 pages though, as long as you're not too detailed.

Trog
2009-09-19, 01:40 PM
The fun is in the getting. :smallbiggrin: I always get the urge to buy notepads in the fall when school starts even though I have been out of school for a long time. Though not this year as I have taken to writing everything in TextEdit on my Mac instead. Hmmm... oh well.

I say use the yellow one for a DnD campaign and the other for doodling and paper airplanes and various origami projects. Then post pictures of the origami projects. :smallsmile:

Ya Ta Hey!
2009-09-19, 01:41 PM
Paper Air Force.

No, I like the idea of writing a new RPG system. On the first pad, give the martial characters vast, unbridled power that can be abused ten different ways and force the magic users to pass a roll for every action, multiple rolls if the action even remotely useful.

The second pad is an expansion sourcepad fixes the problem, but GM's will never allow it except for one or two who use it as a pillow when they sleep.

Pyrian
2009-09-19, 01:55 PM
I'm always running out of notepaper. The very notion of not knowing what to do with it baffles me.

someonenonotyou
2009-09-19, 02:03 PM
create a great take over the world plan with two note books imagine the possobiltis

i personally can think of at least six ways to take over the world of the top of my head

Helanna
2009-09-19, 02:03 PM
I'd give you some ideas for what to do with notebooks, but I myself have the same problem. New notebooks are so nice and new and shiny and un-filled . . .

I'm gonna go buy some more notebooks.

Strawman
2009-09-19, 02:16 PM
280 single encounters.

560 NPC descriptions.

1120 plot hooks.

30,000 character names.

Perenelle
2009-09-19, 10:30 PM
I glue interesting newspaper and magazine articles in notepads. Its pretty fun. :smallsmile:

though I only do that because I have a bunch of excess notepads from random places and had to fill them with something. empty notepads in my possession annoy me for some reason :smalltongue:

Tharivol123
2009-09-20, 12:32 AM
Hooray legal pads (force of habit). I go through those things like mad for keeping track of everything from notes on random stuff for a game to ideas for articles. As has been said, I'm always looking for more, so not knowing what to do with them is strange to me. I have a wide assortment of legal pads, half page sized note pads, those wallet sized mini notebooks, pads of graphing paper (despite not being any good at art and having no real reason to own any), and probably every type of post-it ever made in close reach.

Just use them for whatever and you'll eventually figure out what works for you, especially if its a small air force or a world domination plan.

skywalker
2009-09-20, 01:11 PM
The title of this thread is rather misleading...

kpenguin
2009-09-20, 01:59 PM
I'm always running out of notepaper. The very notion of not knowing what to do with it baffles me.

This. So much this.

Mr. Mud
2009-09-20, 02:05 PM
Wait 'til November, then go nuts. :smallcool: (http://www.nanowrimo.org/).

(But seriously, I'd use the yellow one for a Novel/Gaming system, and the white one for random thoughts about aforementioned Novel/Gaming system. Excess pages maybe be used in the Paper Air Force.)

foahra
2009-09-20, 03:48 PM
i need some notebooks so i can or you can draw things

TheBibliophile
2009-09-22, 12:59 PM
You do not want to know the mental image that popped into my head when I read the title of this thread :smallamused:

The Rose Dragon
2009-09-22, 01:02 PM
You do not want to know the mental image that popped into my head when I read the title of this thread :smallamused:

My work here is done.

*puts black cowboy hat on, hops onto a horse, rides into the sunset*

Telonius
2009-09-22, 01:04 PM
Remove the notebook logo, affix it to your shirt, and pose as a Cambridge professor.

Remember the old D&D motto: When in doubt, apply fire.

TheCountAlucard
2009-09-22, 01:26 PM
Wear the notebooks.

Trobby
2009-09-22, 07:46 PM
I find it slightly amusing that you bought a pair of brand new notepads with no thoughts on how you would use them beforehand. However, knowing the awesomeness of notepads, I can't blame you too much. :3 I'd do it too.

And what I usually do with notepads is doodle, write notes to myself, and save ideas for later. Though if you want to use a set of notepads to write the greatest new RPG system of the century, then be my guest. :smallwink:

According to Firefox, "awesomeness" is an actual word.

Alteran
2009-09-22, 08:53 PM

Your name is TheBibliophile. What else would you be thinking of? :smalltongue: