PDA

View Full Version : Help Expanding the Pumpkin King [3.5]

penbed400
2009-09-19, 01:55 PM
Hey there everybody. So I have a 5 wizard/ 5 pumpkin king and I know that the campaign is going to extend past for at least level 14 and my DM said that he would find it greatly amusing for me to extend the pumpkin king class past its original 8 levels.

Source in case you don't know:

http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkin_King_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)

I understand that its a cheesy class, no complaining about it please.

Any ideas for class abilities he should gain as he gets higher? So far the DM suggested perhaps carving my pumpkin head into different shapes for different bonuses to stuff as determined by pumpkin carving. (Large eyes=+5 spot, big ears=+5 listen, scary face=+5 intimidate etc.)

PinkysBrain
2009-09-19, 02:08 PM
Your link got mangled.

That's quite a powerful full spellcaster Prc :)

A ghost familiar seems appropriate (quite a powerful ability since it's essentially unkillable ... so unlike normal familiars you can throw him into combat without a second thought.)

penbed400
2009-09-19, 02:18 PM
well i guess since it got mangled just google "pumpkin king dnd" and you'll get a link to the prestige class

Mr. Mud
2009-09-19, 02:23 PM
The actual Link can be found here. And Here. Sometimes Here. (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkin_King_(3.5e_Prestige_Class))

Anyway, maybe he gains a special pumpkin familiar or something?

PinkysBrain
2009-09-19, 02:27 PM
Level 9, ghost familiar : you gain a familiar as a wizard of your class level (levels in other classes with familiar stack), this familiar gets the ghost template minus the Frightful Moan, Horrific Appearance, Malevolence and Telekinesis abilities. It's also permanently manifested and automatically rejuvenates 2d4 days after being destroyed without causing XP loss.

Level 10, Pumpkin Bomb Deluxe : he rips off and throws his own head, it explodes at the end of his turn causing an area of effect SoD. Anything killed is reanimated as a pumpkin man. He is deaf&blind until he replaces his head with one of his pumpkin men (move action).

penbed400
2009-09-19, 07:09 PM
Level 9, ghost familiar : you gain a familiar as a wizard of your class level (levels in other classes with familiar stack), this familiar gets the ghost template minus the Frightful Moan, Horrific Appearance, Malevolence and Telekinesis abilities. It's also permanently manifested and automatically rejuvenates 2d4 days after being destroyed without causing XP loss.

Level 10, Pumpkin Bomb Deluxe : he rips off and throws his own head, it explodes at the end of his turn causing an area of effect SoD. Anything killed is reanimated as a pumpkin man. He is deaf&blind until he replaces his head with one of his pumpkin men (move action).

Haha these are some great ideas, the ghost familiar should be fun. For kicks and giggles I'll make it a dog with a glowing red nose. (Obligatory Nightmare before Christmas reference). And the pumpkin bomb deluxe is a good idea as well. thanks guys, any more ideas?

Dixieboy
2009-09-19, 07:20 PM
I can't think of a more powerful ability than auto-resurrection that wouldn't completely destroy balance between you and the other players.