PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls Tabletop v2.0

DonZabu
2009-09-19, 04:11 PM
Elder Scrolls Tabletop v2.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've been to the Bethesda Softworks forums, you might've seen threads for this project, but if not, here's what's going on:

Using an extensively modified version of d20, this project will attempt to fully recreate the Elder Scrolls setting into a tabletop game.

Be sure to expect:

d20 mechanics simplified and altered extensively.
Combat and statistics resembling that of Fallout.
A full-featured magic system with mechanics for spellcasting, alchemy, and enchanting.
Full translation of the setting of Morrowind, with later versions growing to encompass the entire continent of Tamriel.
Much, much more!

Links:
Homepage (http://elderscrollstabletop.blogspot.com/)

HCL
2009-09-19, 08:46 PM
Nice, I have been meaning to stat up some races and prestige classes for daggerfall/morrowind type play.

Oh, you completely redid stats. I think that is unnecessary but interesting.

Raltar
2009-09-19, 09:44 PM
They didn't re-do the stats...it looks like a modified version of the SPECIAL system used in the Fallout games. Which is pointed out in his original post, now that I look at it.

DonZabu
2009-09-20, 12:31 AM
Oh, you completely redid stats. I think that is unnecessary but interesting.

That's right.
Now it's got Perception, an attribute I consider fundamental, and Luck, which means a daily allowance of Fudge points.

DonZabu
2010-05-24, 12:42 AM
I'll just come right out and say it: I'm not cut out for this.

I've got the ideas, but I don't have the ability to organize them in any way that's easy to understand. Nor do I have the ability to figure out where my ambitions should end. I'm a terrible goal-setter, and the crazy stuff I had in mind is too much for one person to assemble.

So, barring some inspirational jolt of genius and planning ability from the hand of Oil Tycoon Jesus himself, this project is canceled.

(In fact, seeing all the other Elder Scrolls Tabletop projects I've seen that have blown up or otherwise never gone anywhere, I'm starting to think there's a curse.)

Anyway, should anyone want to see what I had in mind and where this was going, here's a zip file of every note and file I've created towards this project up to this point. You'll need OpenOffice to view most of them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cozgamwyzmy

mgraham0908
2010-06-17, 01:19 PM
A few friends and I are beginning composition of a TES system based largely on Oblivion (with supplements from the other 3 games) almost completely from the ground up... if you would have any useful input, would like to help, or want to see a finished product of it once we're done let me know... I only ask as you've put so much work into the game already (though we'll be very largely creating our own, maybe using yours for checkpoints, but not much else)

evalauran
2010-08-30, 11:27 PM
The thing is, skills progress, and once skills reach 100 or beyond in a % system, the game is already broken since failure is impossible. And none of the proposed solutions to this problem I've seen have been satisfactory.

Zombimode
2010-08-31, 03:27 AM
Well one solution would be to actually translate the system used in one of the games (I would suggest taking Morrorwind as a base, since its formulas are superior to those of Oblivion) as direct as possible to a PnP System.

Instead of making up a system and just calling it Elder Scrolls Tabletop.