PDA

View Full Version : (3.5)Stormlord/Bloodstorm Blade ideas

Elkodust
2009-09-19, 04:15 PM
So yeah, this is my first post here, so hello.

Heres a weird idea I came up with to jump into my friends campaign at level 12. Im not going for absolute optimization, Im just trying to figure out what crazy **** to do with this idea

Through an odd chain of events Ive decided to play a Stormlord/Bloodstorm Blade character. My current build right now is Warblade 1/ Druid 5/ Stormlord 5/ Bloodstorm Blade 1, with the intention of taking 3 more levels in Bloodstorm blade for lightning ricochet and then topping off stormlord.

I dont exactly have a build figured out past that, but Id figure Id make a post in order to open up discussion because I havent seen any sort of idea like this. Any ideas for feat progression, class variants/slightly diffrent builds and especially equipment will be welcome. Thanks.

Xx420x4xLyphexX
2009-09-19, 11:58 PM
Ok. I'm not sure how this would work. It seems interesting but could you elaborate further?

Elkodust
2009-09-20, 02:46 AM
Okay well, since I now actually have access to my char sheet, Ill try to describe this a little.

Stormlords get bonuses on javelins and spears (Enhanced Javelin, Shocking, Thundering, and Shocking Burst Weapon, and the fact that you can throw things through storms[I cant find where this is atm, but I KNOW its true(And if not, my DM has just told me that he is willing to just let me do it)]), and Bloodstorm blades do pretty well with throwing mostly anything. So I figured Id do a weird combination of the two. Ive always had a soft spot for spears, so I really thought this to be kinda cool.

Warblade gives me the martial maneuvers and stances needed to be a bloodstorm blade, and those are just plain unseful most of the time.

Druid allows me to cast spells necesary to mess with the weather, to fit with the stormlord theme, and to continue with my idea. Plus druid is just god damn good (Speaking of which, should I use a druid variant, and if so, which and why?)

The Enhanced Javelin effect works on spears(Druids are proficient with Shortspears, and they are melee weapons that can be thrown decently well), all the bonus effects stay on a weapon for a round after they leave the stormlords hands, which doesnt matter if my weapons return to my hand thanks to Bloodstorm Blade.

Bloodstorm Blade lets me make full round attacks with melee thrown weapons, and just do some all around weird **** with throwing.

My idea (after some reasearch) was to use my druid spells to control wind / weather related stuff (Such as Control Winds/Control Weather, Eye of the Hurricane, Gust of wind[Maybe, I havent looked into this that one too much], Sandstorm), Take out a pandemonic silver shortspear (Causes fear effects in high winds) and have a good time. Theres a pseudo zeus thing going on here with lighting and spears flying around. Its not exactly optimized, but its a fun idea. I wanna see how far I can take this without just completely removing the funny idea behind it. So, any ideas?

Heres my leve progression so far:

Human

Warblade 1 Weapon Focus (Shortspear), Endurance
Druid 1
Druid 2 Great Fortitude
Druid 3
Druid 4
Druid 5 Point Blank Shot (By this point I can cast 3rd lvl divine)
Stormlord 1
Stormlord 2
Stormlord 3 Up in the air about this feat, I have Natural Spell atm
Stormlord 4
Stormlord 5
BSB 1 Far Shot

I have Natural spell at the moment, But I am definately willing to drop that, as I dont see myself wild shaping all too often, which is why I was thinking about druid variants.

EnnPeeCee
2009-09-20, 03:13 AM
I was looking at making a stormlord build using this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid) druid variant. A bit MAD, but why not?

crazedloon
2009-09-20, 04:01 AM
I would suggest you take the warblade at 6th level that way you can grab 2nd level maneuvers (should you qualify for them) as higher level maneuvers are always fun. Also for the rest of the build it aint bad just remember you aren't going to be as powerful as a full caster or even a full ToB character

Elkodust
2009-09-20, 04:35 PM
I was looking at making a stormlord build using this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid) druid variant. A bit MAD, but why not?

Totally using that now :D