PDA

View Full Version : D&D Rules Cyclopedia

Tetsubo 57
2009-09-19, 05:37 PM
I found a copy of the 1991 D&D Rules Cyclopedia at a yard sale today for $1! I also found the D&D Thunder Rift module, the D&D Creature Crucible PC4 and the D&D Dawn of the Emperors: Thyatis and Alphatia boxed set, also all for $1 each. It was the best gaming book yard sale day ever!

If you are so inclined, I talk about them a bit in my latest video.

KellKheraptis
2009-09-19, 05:44 PM
I found a copy of the 1991 D&D Rules Cyclopedia at a yard sale today for $1! I also found the D&D Thunder Rift module, the D&D Creature Crucible PC4 and the D&D Dawn of the Emperors: Thyatis and Alphatia boxed set, also all for $1 each. It was the best gaming book yard sale day ever!

Hell of a steal, dude. By the way, is that avatar a Flumph? From long ago 1st edition? They even had an Ecology of in Dragon about them...and now I show my gaming age lol

Altair_the_Vexed
2009-09-19, 05:46 PM

Aww... I've gone all nostalgic now.
I ran games using the Cyclopedia all through the 90s - one of the best old D&D books ever.
:smallbiggrin:

Tetsubo 57
2009-09-19, 05:46 PM
Hell of a steal, dude. By the way, is that avatar a Flumph? From long ago 1st edition? They even had an Ecology of in Dragon about them...and now I show my gaming age lol

It is indeed a Flumph, the coolest D&D monster *ever*.

And it was a great steal. :)

Matthew
2009-09-19, 05:51 PM
Excellent find! That darn book is getting quite expensive on the resale market these days, with Noble Knight Games typically quoting $75 for a good condition copy. It was only in recent years that I had a chance to become familiar with the Rules Cyclopedia, and I was quite surprised to see how much of it made its way into D20/3e.

Tetsubo 57
2009-09-19, 05:53 PM
Excellent find! That darn book is getting quite expensive on the resale market these days, with Noble Knight Games typically quoting $75 for a good condition copy. It was only in recent years that I had a chance to become familiar with the Rules Cyclopedia, and I was quite surprised to see how much of it made its way into D20/3e.

The PDF was available at one time. Now... it might take some work...

The best price I found today was $41.