PDA

View Full Version : DnD Remix

Zipding
2009-09-19, 07:14 PM
I have played both 3.5e and 4e, realizing that both have strengths and weaknesses. 3.5 has the custimization that I like, but the spellcasters are the only really good class at higher levels. 4e lacks all of the custimization, but makes up for it in balance. Here's what I've come up with: I am thinking of homebrewing the core classes while adding in some that I have thought of along with races. Since I have not homebrewed classes before, this is the idea, I am leaving it up to you to come up with some ideas and I will see how that would work. I've already got the basics covered with abilities needed and skills per level, but it is the special powers that I can't come up with.
So, here's the list that I have:
Races:
Drow
Duerger
Dwarf
Elf
Half-elf
Halfling
Human
Piexhome
Half-orc
Orc
Gnome
Svirfneblin
Githyanki
Githzerai
Hobgoblin
Lizardfolk
And Classes:
Barbarian
Bard
Cleric
Druid
Fighter
Juggernaut
Monk
Paladin
Ranger
Rogue
Sorceror
Soul Shaman
Wizard

So I'll have individual posts for each race/class and give you the generals on each before you come up with the ideas:smallsmile:

Dragon Elite
2009-09-19, 09:53 PM
You should link to the drow.

Zipding
2009-09-19, 10:12 PM
Whoops, here's the link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125589

Zipding
2009-09-19, 11:04 PM
Duerger is up: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6961907#post6961907

Zipding
2009-09-20, 09:36 AM
Dwarf's up: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6963672#post6963672

Zipding
2009-09-20, 09:30 PM
This has been brought to my attention in one of the forums regarding this. As of now, no more individual threads will be made for this, rather, I will introduce it one at a time in here and we will discuss it here.

For the drow, this is what I have:
+2 Cha, -2 Con
+2 on Intimidate checks
Weapon Familiarity: Drow are automatically proficient with the dagger, hand crossbow, light crossbow, rapier and whip. They also treat any weapon with the word "elven" in its name as a martial weapon rather than exotic.
Darkvision 60ft
Infravision: A drow may at any time, choose to use Infravison rather than darkvision. Infravision allows the drow to see temperatures of living creatures up to the same distance as their darkvision.
+2 on saving throws versus spells and spell-like abilities. Drow are naturally resistant to spells.
Favoured Class: Cleric

For the duerger, this seems to be what you want:
+2 Con, -2 Wis
Darkvision 60ft
Favoured Class: Juggernaut

And the dwarf:
+2 Con, -2 Cha
Favoured Class: Fighter

The dwarf and duerger still need to be worked on, the drow seems to be almost finished, I will playtest these to see how they work.

Trodon
2009-09-20, 10:14 PM
I would make the Drow favored class swordsage, if you don't use TOB then rogue or scoundrel. That may just be me though.

Zipding
2009-09-20, 10:33 PM
I don't know if ToB is in the OGL, so I'm staying away from it. Rogue might work as a favoured class, but it is described in quite a few books that drow serve Lolth with an undying love. Albeit, this is being changed for the fact that drow can be good, and not always evil. So favoured class for the drow is either the rogue or the cleric.