PDA

View Full Version : DnD Remix: Duerger

Zipding
2009-09-19, 11:02 PM
Like the drow, I thought it would be interesting if there were two types of dwarves as a race with no LA. So, the duerger was brought in.
Here's what I have:
+2 Con, -2 Wis- Duerger are hardy and can withstand quite a bit, although they do not notice as much
Favoured Class: Juggernaut

On a note: The Juggernaut is built for bull-rushing/overrunning and grappling opponents

Like the drow, what do you think would be good?

I_Got_This_Name
2009-09-19, 11:40 PM
Why the Cha penalty? Two subraces of Dwarves and none that are good at being sorcerers, or leaders? Why?

Why not put the penalty somewhere else, like Wis, Int, or Dex?

Zipding
2009-09-20, 12:08 AM
Point, maybe a penalty to Wis. After looking at my list, a lot of the penalties are Cha.

Jane_Smith
2009-09-20, 01:10 AM
Meh, nothing should ever get a penalty to charisma. "Gruff" and "Unlikelable" doesnt mean you have less charisma. Hell, if a lich's gruffness or unlikeable social traits effected his charisma, hed have like -99? :smallyuk:

Just do what i did - give normal dwarves -2 to Dex instead of Cha : Their stubby frames and thick fingures make it more difficult for fine/delicate movements or to handle complex objects. Stiff-legged a bit you know? -2 Wis to duerger due to them being bat-**** insane.

Agrippa
2009-09-20, 01:29 AM
Meh, nothing should ever get a penalty to charisma. "Gruff" and "Unlikelable" doesnt mean you have less charisma. Hell, if a lich's gruffness or unlikeable social traits effected his charisma, hed have like -99? :smallyuk:

Originally dwarves were given a -1 Charisma penalty when dealing with non dwarves. They were basically meant to be a race so gruff and surly everyone else had a hard time dealing with or liking them. So just treat dwarves as having a -2 to Charisma when dealing with members of other races.

Zipding
2009-09-20, 08:59 AM
That might make it difficult to remember, though. I switched the penalty to Wis, even though it is not in the OP.

Zipding
2009-09-20, 09:32 PM
You no longer need to post in this thread. All of the information will be in the origional DnD Remix.