PDA

View Full Version : New Half-Orc fluff

Rainbownaga
2009-09-19, 11:55 PM
One thing that has always bothered me is that the males of almost all races in the game are substantially heavier (elves being the exception) but despite this have no additional strength or constitution.

I've seen enough threads to know not to do this with humans, but what about orcs? I've always seen orcs as resembling a primitive and barbaric nature and a vessel for displaying cultural views that have been viewed as 'evil' by modern society and and the humans of the 'medieval-themed' fantasy world.

My idea is that half-orcs are the females of the species, moderately weaker on average but not dramatically so from their larger male peers, but having greater empathy and skill with the 'professions'. Female orcs tend to hold lower social positions in the majority of cases, but occasionally rise to prominance as the 'wise women' of the tribes, taking the role of spiritual leaders.

Female orcs therefore use the same rules with one additional rule

Bacchanal: Orc Wise Women often whip themselves into a frenzy in which they are closer to the gods they worship. A female orc can cast divine spells while raging.

A female orc that multiclasses in a divine casting class and a class that has access to rage may still