PDA

View Full Version : Dagorhir anyone?

Milo Baines
2009-09-20, 12:27 AM
any body into Dagorhir, Belegarth, Amtgard or any other LARP or Boffer sport...

i just started playing Dagorhir this year myself...started my own chapter just so i wouldn't have to drive hours to practice...although, 's pretty thin out west, pretty slow going getting people to come out and practice with us...

and through that i found OotS, so there ya go...good times had by all...

Linkavitch
2009-09-20, 03:04 PM
My cousin plays Dagorhir, and I attended a Dag-themed birthday party once. Other than that, no contact at all.

P.S. I owned at the birthday party, except when it was me and some guy with a glaive fighting each other. I went either sword and sheild, or dualweilding swords.

CarpeGuitarrem
2009-09-21, 10:10 PM
Hopefully, I'll be able to get more involved in a local chapter, the Thegns of the Iron Valley, I do believe. Should be fun, we're having an en masse demonstration next week.

TheSummoner
2009-09-22, 08:23 AM
I play Dag. Whats tha name of your chapter?

WalkingTarget
2009-09-22, 09:47 AM
Man, that takes me back.

A bunch of guys from my dorm got involved with the Numenor chapter in Champaign right around the time that the Dagorhir name fiasco happened and they switched to Belegarth (I was active 2000-2001). I think I've still got my sword and shield in storage someplace.

Dragonus45
2009-09-22, 04:45 PM
I got started into Dag a while back but had to quit when i moved. I would love to get back into it but i can never find anyone who does it.

Milo Baines
2009-09-22, 08:13 PM
TheSummoner, we started a new chapter in texas real recently...'s called The Southlands...:smallwink:

Walking Target, yeah...all that happened so long before i got involved...it's sorta like a myth or a legend to me and most of my crew...also, Amtgard is real big in Texas and we have no problems with crossgaming...we're all just one big happy family in the heat

Dragonus45, there are a lot of new chapters popping up, check out the website and see if there's one near you...

TheSummoner
2009-09-22, 08:56 PM
I'm not too fond of dirty Amtgarders... A group of them tends to come to my group's practices, but they play by Dag rules when they come so theres no issue.

My biggest issue with them is the pixie sticks they call weapons... Though their "magic" is a close second.

warty goblin
2009-09-22, 09:00 PM
There's a Dag group where I go to college. I try to go when I've got time, as I find whacking people with foam swords is a great stress reliever. Unfortunately I've not had time this semester so far.

TheSummoner
2009-09-22, 09:10 PM
Indeed...

Does anyone else find it odd that some of my best Dag memories are of me getting injured?

Once at Back in Spring 08, at Olympics V, I was sparring with a buddy of mine (from my group, was sharing a cabin... or did he bring his own tent... dont remember), A few rounds in he bashed my face in so hard I bled for nearly a half hour... thought my nose was broken... good times ^_^.

Just last saturday we had a fairly large group set up for capture the flag... I threw myself into the other team (trying to distract them with my body and let someone else grab the flag)... It didnt work, shield bash to the face... No blood this time though... well, not my blood anyways. The guy who bashed me cut himself on the back of his shield ^_^.

warty goblin
2009-09-22, 09:22 PM
Indeed...

Does anyone else find it odd that some of my best Dag memories are of me getting injured?

Once at Back in Spring 08, at Olympics V, I was sparring with a buddy of mine (from my group, was sharing a cabin... or did he bring his own tent... dont remember), A few rounds in he bashed my face in so hard I bled for nearly a half hour... thought my nose was broken... good times ^_^.

Just last saturday we had a fairly large group set up for capture the flag... I threw myself into the other team (trying to distract them with my body and let someone else grab the flag)... It didnt work, shield bash to the face... No blood this time though... well, not my blood anyways. The guy who bashed me cut himself on the back of his shield ^_^.

Wow, that makes the group I roll with seem pretty tame. About the worst that's ever happened to me is a couple minorly painful hits, and once I lost some skin on the inside of my arm when I tried to block an axe with my elbow...

Of course, back before college, I used to fight with swords made from big old oak boards, without padding. Swings were pulled, obviously, but those bastards still could hurt.

TheSummoner
2009-09-22, 09:31 PM
Its not fun unless blood is spilled... doesnt matter whose blood it is.

warty goblin
2009-09-22, 09:50 PM
Its not fun unless blood is spilled... doesnt matter whose blood it is.

A sword I made once send somebody to the emergency room. How's that?

Actually that reminds me, the best swordfight I ever had, it went forty minutes continuously and ended in a draw due to exhaustion. It was the middle of winter with snow everywhere, but we got so hot we took off our coats and gloves. I think we both had blood blisters by the end.