PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who suddenly dislikes...

Squark
2009-09-20, 01:33 PM
...V's old hairstyle. It never bothered me before, but now, having gotten used to the new style, the shape just bugs me. Am I alone here? Or do other people now feel the same way?

Ancalagon
2009-09-20, 01:38 PM
Yes. Everyone else knew for quite a time the old hairstyle was somewhat uncool. ;)

Kaytara
2009-09-20, 01:51 PM
It fits very well with who V used to be. As such, I like it.

I do agree that it conveys a certain "prissy stuck up immaculately-groomed better-than-thou elf wizard" look. As I said, it fits. :D

My favourite was the wild loose Splice hair. :)

Ancalagon
2009-09-20, 01:53 PM
Yeah, like Dragonball Z. Super Sayan Vaarsuivus.

littlequietguy
2009-09-20, 02:20 PM
Yeah, like Dragonball Z. Super Sayan Vaarsuivus.

From now on, everyone on the internet calls it this! Understood?

Sewblon
2009-09-20, 02:31 PM
I actually liked V's old hair style better.

Dixieboy
2009-09-20, 02:40 PM

I prefer Darth V. :smallredface:

Lissou
2009-09-20, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure if it counts as "dislikes the old one", but when I saw it again in the latest strip, it did feel very weird, and I thought that the new one definitely suits him better.

Somehow makes him look softer, too, which I guess is appropriate.

Zanaril
2009-09-20, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure if it counts as "dislikes the old one", but when I saw it again in the latest strip, it did feel very weird, and I thought that the new one definitely suits him better.

Somehow makes him look softer, too, which I guess is appropriate.

It makes her looks younger, whereas the older one made her look like a middle-aged schoolteacher. :smalltongue:

Ancalagon
2009-09-20, 04:57 PM

Well, I also liked Darth Vaarsuvius better to describe that phase in his/her development. I think SSV just was what happened... ;)

David Argall
2009-09-20, 10:13 PM
I can't say I consider it much of an improvement. It's inferior in some respects, and may well be motivated by needing space to draw Blackwing in.

Spiky
2009-09-20, 10:18 PM
V has hair? Huh. Hadn't noticed.

Berserk Monk
2009-09-20, 10:58 PM
I actually don't like the ponytail and prefer his old look.

Zolkabro
2009-09-21, 04:33 AM
My favourite was the wild loose Splice hair. :)

I agree. It would have been awesome if V had kept that hair, even though she is normal again.

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-21, 08:39 AM
I agree. It would have been awesome if V had kept that hair, even though she is normal again.

Speaking as someone who has that amount of hair, keeping it loose like that would require a Concentration check every round because it got in your eyes/mouth. Not great for a primary spellcaster :smallbiggrin:

I prefer the new hair, but I wouldn't say the old one annoys me.

Kaytara
2009-09-21, 09:58 AM

V HAS kept that hair. :smallwink: It's just tied away.

^ Nah, powerful spellcasters are exactly the ones who don't have that problem. Their magic power is enough to make the hair all floaty. No getting into anything. :D

Nerdanel
2009-09-21, 10:09 AM
In my opinion:

Wild splice hair > ponytail > V's original hair.

Before the hair change I always thought V's hair didn't look so good. I guess it must have been simple to draw in the beginning.

Neoriceisgood
2009-09-21, 10:13 AM
V's old haircut was definitely out of fashion and very . . . straight.

I never did like it at all, though it did really fit his personality as a stuck up elven wizard. :smallredface:

Zeta Kai
2009-09-21, 10:19 AM
Nah, powerful spellcasters are exactly the ones who don't have that problem. Their magic power is enough to make the hair all floaty. No getting into anything. :D

Prestidigitation is your friend. :smallamused:

Zolkabro
2009-09-21, 10:21 AM
V HAS kept that hair. :smallwink: It's just tied away.

You know exactly what I meant, Mr Nitpicker