PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt factotum optimization

quick_comment
2009-09-20, 08:34 PM
I have a wizard/recaster//factotum, and I am wondering what two level 8 or lower spells I ought to take. (greater) Arcane fusion is out, as are earth spell tricks to get level 9 spells.

Im thinking necrotic empowerment, but technically I cant cast it.

Korivan
2009-09-20, 08:38 PM
Depends on what your aim is. Are you a blaster/summoner/crowd control/buffer/debuffer?

quick_comment
2009-09-20, 08:38 PM
Blasting really. The build is for killing PCs in 1v1 or 1v2 confrontations

sofawall
2009-09-20, 08:42 PM
I see why Factotum was used, then.

Korivan
2009-09-20, 09:09 PM
May I suggest throwing on some Archmage levels too? Being able to make a ranged imprisonment is nice. You don't need to go all 5 levels. As for spells? I can't think of anything right now, but as for gear, get yourself a staff that has warning on it, and a belt of battle. The better your initiative, the better. Ring of spell battle, gets to do spellcraft checks even if they are hiding the casting...free counterspell.

Spells...Anything with immediate casting time...Clerity series is a good call. Polar ray is nice with damage, and theres a Researves of Strength to help, along with Suffer the Flesh (spell from Eborron) to take 10 CON damage to boost caster level by 5. Get the caster gloves, with some ranks in UMD with a wand of lesser restoration to mitigate that.

8th level spell possibilities
1. Also, dimensional lock to keep them from escaping.
2. moment of prescience to help with that initative check if you can't boost it otherwise.
3. polar ray has nice damage (can be changed to sonic with arcmage)
4. bestow greater curse...nuff said

7th level
avasculate...very nasty
spell matrix...can always benefit from more spells per round
spell turning...nuff said
waves of exhaustion...
antimagic ray
energy immunity

I'll try to think of more...though it all depends on your opponent too

quick_comment
2009-09-20, 09:12 PM
All your spells are spells I already have. Recaster lets me grab spells from any list which is why its so awesome. So Im really looking for non-wizard spells to add.

Korivan
2009-09-20, 09:20 PM
All your spells are spells I already have. Recaster lets me grab spells from any list which is why its so awesome. So Im really looking for non-wizard spells to add.

oh, sorry, in that case...

Magic convalescence...cleric PH2. Heals you whenever a spell is cast near you. Not much, but it is kinda constant when your dueling a caster.

Death pact...you diety raises you automatically
actually, complete divine has a few pacts that are nice contingencys basically