PDA

View Full Version : Build chalenge Max feats!

Yar
2009-09-20, 08:52 PM
Ok what build grants the most possible Feats.

A few rules

1) cant be a virtual feat.
2) Cant be a temporary feat from a magical item or such.
3) No Flaws this Build has to be pure Classes. prestige classes And races.
4) Limit of lv 20 Ecl's Included.

Radiun
2009-09-20, 08:53 PM
Ok what build grants the most possible Feats.

A few rules

1) cant be a virtual feat.
2) Cant be a temporary feat from a magical item or such.
3) No Flaws this Build has to be pure Classes. prestige classes And races.
4) Limit of lv 20 Ecl's Included.

I'm 95% sure a level 20 Fighter has the most feats.
Mind you, there's 5%...

quick_comment
2009-09-20, 08:57 PM
The record is infinite feats via planar touchstone and chaos shuffle.

sofawall
2009-09-20, 08:59 PM

WBL and XP run out eventually.

Unless, you know, Thought Bottle. It runs out, but much much slower.

quick_comment
2009-09-20, 09:00 PM
WBL and XP run out eventually.

Unless, you know, Thought Bottle. It runs out, but much much slower.

WBL doesnt run out if you are willing to endure enough of the stinky cheese.

Tyndmyr
2009-09-20, 09:01 PM
Well, considering the bonus feats you get from many classes(woohoo, scribe scroll and summon familiar from wizzie), the actual winner might actually be disturbingly multiclassed.

Probably unplayably bad, though.

lsfreak
2009-09-20, 09:02 PM
Choosable feats, or just total feats? Off the top of my head, Fighter2/PsyWarrior2/Ranger3/Swordsage1/Monk2/FeatRogue1/FeatBarb1 would get you to level 12 for just "most feats" (18, I believe?); don't have time to look up more at the moment but it's a starting point.

EDIT: And not so horribly unfocused as to be unplayable. You'd likely be a Jack B. Quick type build with so many extra feats you could also be a semi-competent ubercharger.

FMArthur
2009-09-20, 09:06 PM
You can get a fighter feat every level for your first six levels if you really want to; fighter 2 / UA feat rogue 2 / psychic warrior 2. It's a start. I sometimes use it if I'm enormously feat-starved. I suppose you could lose another BAB to tack on wizard 1 with the UA fighter feat variant, and get first level spells, but I'll bet there are a lot of PrCs that start with a bonus fighter feat anyway. Certain classes also start out with fixed, but common feats, like Swashbuckler getting Weapon Finesse at first level.

Tyndmyr
2009-09-20, 09:16 PM
Losing a wee bit of Bab isn't so bad, considering that level 1 casting of true strike and/or mage armor will likely make up for it. Not the most awesome buffs in the world, but probably good enough to make up for a single BaB.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-09-20, 09:25 PM
Choosable feats, or just total feats? Off the top of my head, Fighter2/PsyWarrior2/Ranger3/Swordsage1/Monk2/FeatRogue1/FeatBarb1 would get you to level 12 for just "most feats" (18, I believe?); don't have time to look up more at the moment but it's a starting point.

EDIT: And not so horribly unfocused as to be unplayable. You'd likely be a Jack B. Quick type build with so many extra feats you could also be a semi-competent ubercharger.

Actually that looks like a really cool build...
you could make a jack be quick type and or an ubercharger, and or an archer...
acutaly jack be quick and archer may work out realy well especialy if you pick up one of those bows that counts as a quarter staff two...

Edit: actualy that is quit playable.. though i don't think taking them in that order would be good.
Even be within the multiclass rules if you went human i belive. and i think there are PRC's that grant bonus feats...

Edit edit: Where is the feat barbarian from?

Yar
2009-09-20, 11:16 PM

Please explain this if you have the time.

quick_comment
2009-09-20, 11:19 PM
Please explain this if you have the time.

Planar touchstone lets you get another feat. You use shun/embrace the dark chaos to change the feat it gives you to something else. Then you reattune to the planar touchstone to get another feat. Rise and repeat.

(The particular touchstone is the catalogues of enlightenment, iirc)

Keld Denar
2009-09-21, 12:03 AM
I thought Catalogues gave you the domain power of your choice? Of course, some domain powers give you feats, like Planning, Undeath, War (gives 2-3) and a few others.

Plus, there is always chaos shuffling around "racial" feats, like elven weapon proficiencies and whatnot.

Chaos Shuffling is pretty much TO only though. Most DMs would probably take a look at the concept, maybe allow it for "normal" feats (in which case, you're probably better off with a Psychic Reformation), or just throw a handful of dice at you.

I know I probably would.

quick_comment
2009-09-21, 12:07 AM
I thought Catalogues gave you the domain power of your choice? Of course, some domain powers give you feats, like Planning, Undeath, War (gives 2-3) and a few others.

Yeah, thats how you do it

lsfreak
2009-09-21, 12:11 AM
Edit edit: Where is the feat barbarian from?

I must have been mistaken, I was thinking there was a barbarian ACF that traded rage for feats.

Temet Nosce
2009-09-21, 12:33 AM
True Dillettante, the feat record (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19866566/The_True_Dilettante__New_Feat_Record__504_feats)

RagnaroksChosen
2009-09-21, 12:52 AM
I must have been mistaken, I was thinking there was a barbarian ACF that traded rage for feats.

Its all good. Im actualy half tempted to play a character like this the it would prolly take me a long time to figure out the best order in which to take the classes...

Like i think monk2 to start then ranger3 then SS then the others.

Bakkan
2009-09-21, 01:14 AM
Sometimes, I like to see what I can do with minimal sources available. So, I give you three builds. In all of these builds, all the feats taken are available for use by the end (no Chaos Shuffle). The order that the levels are taken in matter for this reason: nowhere in the SRD does it say that full martial proficiency classes, like fighters, actually have all the feats. In fact, it's pretty clear that they don't, since the Armor and Shield Proficiency feats specifically say that certain classes gain the feat. Therefore, I present two numbers for each feat, the actual number of feats gained, and then that number if we ignore martial proficiency feats that are made obsolete by taking a martial class later on.

Core Only
{table=head]Race/Class Level | # | Feat(s) Granted
Elf | 4(0) | MWP(longsword), MWP(rapier), MWP(longbow), MWP(shortbow)
Cleric of War 1| 11(0) | MWP(something), WF(something), Armor Proficency(light), Armor Proficiency(med), Armor Proficiency(heavy), Shield Proficiency, General1
Ranger 1 |12(5)| Track
Ranger 2 |14(5) |Point Blank Shot OR Two-Weapon Fighting, General2
Ranger 3 |15(5)| Endurance
Fighter 1 |16(5) |Ftr1
Fighter 2 |18(5)| Ftr2, General3
Monk 1 |20(5)| Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple OR Stunning Fist
Monk 2 |21(5)| Combat Reflexes OR Deflect Arrows
Wizard 1 |23(5)| Scribe Scroll, General4
Fighter +11 |31(5)| Ftr3, Ftr4, Ftr5, Ftr6, Ftr7, General5, General6, General7[/table]

Total: 31 feats, including
5 weapon proficiency feats later subsumed by class proficiencies;
7 General feats;
7 Fighter feats;
Weapon Focus (some weapon); Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor Proficiency; Shield Proficiency; Track; Point Blank Shot OR Two-Weapon Fighting; Endurance; Improved Unarmed Strike; Improved Grapple OR Stunning Fist; Combat Reflexes OR Deflect Arrows; Scribe Scroll

Core+XPH
Elf | 4(0) |MWP(longsword), MWP(rapier), MWP(longbow), MWP(shortbow)
Cleric of War 1 |11(0)| MWP(something), WF(something), Armor Proficency(light), Armor Proficiency(med), Armor Proficiency(heavy), Shield Proficiency, General1
Ranger 1 |12(5)| Track
Ranger 2 |14(5)| Point Blank Shot OR Two-Weapon Fighting, General2
Fighter 1 |16(5)| Ftr1
Monk 1 |20(5)| Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple OR Stunning Fist
Wizard 1 |23(5)| Scribe Scroll, General4
Psionic Warrior 1 |24(5)| Ftr/Psi1
Psionic Warrior 2 |25(5)| Ftr/Psi2
Psion 1 |27(5)| Psi1, General5
Soulknife 1 |28(5)| WF(soulknife)
Elocater 1 |29(5)| Sidestep Charge
Fighter +6 |34(5)| Ftr3, Ftr4, Ftr5, General6, General7[/table]

Total: 34 feats, including
7 General Feats
5 Fighter Feats
2 Psionic or Fighter Feats
1 Psionic Feat
Weapon Focus (some weapon); Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor Proficiency; Shield Proficiency; Track; Point Blank Shot OR Two-Weapon Fighting; Endurance; Improved Unarmed Strike; Improved Grapple OR Stunning Fist; Combat Reflexes OR Deflect Arrows; Scribe Scroll; Weapon Focus(soulknife); Sidestep Charge

SRD (minus bloodlines)
Elf | 4(0) | MWP(longsword), MWP(rapier), MWP(longbow), MWP(shortbow)
Cleric of War 1 |11(0)| MWP(something), WF(something), Armor Proficency(light), Armor Proficiency(med), Armor Proficiency(heavy), Shield Proficiency, General1
Ranger 1 |12(5)| Track
Ranger 2 |14(5)| Point Blank Shot OR Two-Weapon Fighting, General2
Fighter 1 |16(5)| Ftr1
Monk 1 |20(5)| Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist
Wizard 1 |24(5)| Scribe Scroll, Alertness, General4
Psionic Warrior 1 |25(5)| Ftr/Psi1
Psionic Warrior 2 |26(5)| Ftr/Psi2
Psion 1 |28(5)| Psi1, General5
Soulknife 1 |29(5)| WF(soulknife)
Elocater 1 |30(5)| Sidestep Charge
UA Feat Rogue 1 |32(5)| Ftr3, General6
UA Feat Rogue 2 |33(5)| Ftr4
Bear Totem Barbarian 1 |34(5)| Toughness
Bear Totem Barbarian 2 |36(5)| Improved Grapple, General7
Bear Totem Barbarian 3 |37(5)| Great Fortitude
X 1 |37(5)| - [/table]

Total: 37 feats, including
7 General Feats
4 Fighter Feats
2 Psionic or Fighter Feats
1 Psionic Feat
Weapon Focus (some weapon); Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor Proficiency; Shield Proficiency; Track; Point Blank Shot OR Two-Weapon Fighting; Endurance; Improved Unarmed Strike; Stunning Fist; Combat Reflexes OR Deflect Arrows; Scribe Scroll; Weapon Focus(soulknife); Sidestep Charge; Toughness; Improved Grapple; Great Fortitude

daggaz
2009-09-21, 01:25 AM
Personally I wouldnt count the martial weapon proficiency feats given by various races *coughelfcough* considering that one level in fighter not only replicates that, it does it in spades. So *technically* fighter would give you a weapon proficiency feat for every martial weapon in the game, as well as shields and armor.

Its not exactly what the OP was talking about, now is it?:smallconfused:

Bakkan
2009-09-21, 01:33 AM
That's why I noted which feats are subsumed in the Fighter/Ranger levels. Also, fighters apparently do not get every martial weapon proficiency feat, at least according to the SRD.

Eldariel
2009-09-21, 05:06 AM
That's why I noted which feats are subsumed in the Fighter/Ranger levels. Also, fighters apparently do not get every martial weapon proficiency feat, at least according to the SRD.

You forgot to list Tower Shield Proficiency from Fighter. Also, without counting separate MWPs, Armor Profs and such, you still get 28 feats, 29 as Human.

Bayar
2009-09-21, 05:26 AM
Losing a wee bit of Bab isn't so bad, considering that level 1 casting of true strike and/or mage armor will likely make up for it. Not the most awesome buffs in the world, but probably good enough to make up for a single BaB.

Fist of stone. +6 STR for 1 min.

woodenbandman
2009-09-21, 08:59 AM
Fist of stone. +6 STR for 1 min.

"+6
enhancement bonus to Strength for the
purposes of attack rolls, grapple checks,
or breaking and crushing items"

Does not apply to your damage rolls. Does not apply to skill checks or strength checks.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-21, 09:12 AM
I believe there was a build on Gleemax (originally in Theoretical Optimization before the boards were merged) that managed to get about 500 or so feats.

Try searching for it.