PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 races, Level Adjustments, and Flight

rainbowjo
2009-09-21, 02:17 AM
My best friend and I are working on designing a 3.5 setting, one of our core races can best be described simply as Humanoid Griffons.
The lower body is furry, in feline fashion, but still bipedal, The torso and head is human, and they have wings strong enough for flight. Their culture/society/architecture/cities/technology is based around the wind and sky, so not flying isn't an option. All other racials should be on par with standard races. What level adjustment does flight warrant? How should we go about making it not over powered?

Ashtagon
2009-09-21, 02:21 AM
My best friend and I are working on designing a 3.5 setting, one of our core races can best be described simply as Humanoid Griffons.
The lower body is furry, in feline fashion, but still bipedal, The torso and head is human, and they have wings strong enough for flight. Their culture/society/architecture/cities/technology is based around the wind and sky, so not flying isn't an option. All other racials should be on par with standard races. What level adjustment does flight warrant? How should we go about making it not over powered?

Check out the raptorans from Races of the Wild, and use that as a base for determining a LA.

rainbowjo
2009-09-21, 02:26 AM
Check out the raptorans from Races of the Wild, and use that as a base for determining a LA.

While disapointed that the racial concept isnt as original as I had hoped, this is really helpful, thanks :D