PDA

View Full Version : Getting Extra Move Actions

Human Paragon 3
2009-09-21, 09:31 AM
I'm working on a build right now that can make good use of extra move actions. I'm assuming it's easier to get extra moves than standard or full round actions, but I can't think of many ways to do it off the top of my head. What are some ways, preferably non-magic item heavy, to get extra moves?

RagnaroksChosen
2009-09-21, 09:47 AM
I'm working on a build right now that can make good use of extra move actions. I'm assuming it's easier to get extra moves than standard or full round actions, but I can't think of many ways to do it off the top of my head. What are some ways, preferably non-magic item heavy, to get extra moves?

does psionics count as non magical.

jiriku
2009-09-21, 09:51 AM
Travel Devotion (Complete Champion) lets you use a swift action to move your speed. Ruby Knight Vindicator (Tome of Battle) gets additional swift actions. A Belt of Battle (Magic Item Compendium) can give you three extra move actions per day. One of the Celerity line of spells gives you an extra move action as an immediate action (i think it's in Spell Compendium).

lsfreak
2009-09-21, 10:02 AM
Person_Man has a compilation of ways of getting either Pounce or free movement here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358). Note that you'll have to figure out which ones give movement and which ones give move actions, since it sounds like you want to the actions and not the movement itself.

Person_Man
2009-09-21, 10:54 AM
Yeah, it's all on my thread.

What's your build and books allowed?

kjones
2009-09-21, 11:14 AM
Marhshals (Miniatures Handbook) get the ability to grant everyone else move actions at some point.

imperialspectre
2009-09-21, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it's all on my thread.

What's your build and books allowed?

I strongly suspect that he's building a Test of Spite character and exploiting a specific mark from War-Marked to get as many double-weapon attacks as possible.

If that is the case, all books are open, subject to the 3.51 line-item bans, and the 3.52 Monk and War-Marked classes would also be available. The line-item bans can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6885281&postcount=2).

Thurbane
2009-09-21, 04:45 PM
Marshal, 4th level.

quick_comment
2009-09-21, 05:04 PM
The quicksilver motion boost gives you an MEA.

Jalor
2009-09-21, 05:15 PM
Heroic Surge feat from Age of Mortals.

Cieyrin
2009-09-21, 05:37 PM
Threefold Mask of the Chimera, when bound to the Crown chakra, gives an extra move action, though you take -5 penalty to attacks and AC till the end of your next turn when you take it, which is reducable by essentia investment on a 1:1 basis. You get unbeatable Improved Uncanny Dodge as a bonus. :smallbiggrin:

Be a Totemist 5 or take Shape Soulmeld(Threefold Mask of the Chimera) and Open Least Chakra(Crown) to acquire.

Korivan
2009-09-21, 07:54 PM
Factotum can get extra standard actions...and in turn you can downgrade them to move actions...a bit of a waste though...

Johanas
2009-09-21, 09:48 PM
does psionics count as non magical.

Cause if Psionics work....Go Ardent from the Complete Psionics, and take the Freedom Mantle. Learn the 2nd level Hustle power...and you can spend power points every turn to gain a free move action. Yes. You read that right. Now go Scout. Swift cast a free move action, move your movement....and still get a full attack with your Skirmish Damage. Playing a character like this myself. Great fun.