PDA

View Full Version : IT Crowd

artistInTheCode
2009-09-21, 11:59 AM
I haven't been posting here long, but I figured I would share the little bit of happiness I get every time a new season of IT crowd is released for instant watch on Netflix. IT Crowd is a british comedy about a 2 man nerd crew for an it department with a personal relations manager that knows nothing about IT. The show is about their day to day interactions with society and their co-workers.

I find the writing to be quite witty and it never fails to tickle the techy in my heart. My girlfriend who knows very little when it comes to programming and computer hardware also finds this show hilarious. We watch it religiously every time a new season is released.

If anyone else has seen this and has an opinion on it, please post. If you haven't seen this show and you've been looking for a tech comedy, this might just be the right solution for your nerd-fix.

Yora
2009-09-21, 12:06 PM
I just love the show, it's one of the most funny things in years. Probably because I totaly understand what Roy and Moss are talking about, and why nobody else does. :smallbiggrin:

I've a friend who works in exactly the same job, and he said that's exactly what their work looks like: Doing funny stuff at the computer and if someone calls with a problem, it usually goes "have you tried turning it off and on again? You sure everything is plugged in?". :smallbiggrin:

Totally Guy
2009-09-21, 12:07 PM
It's a good show. I need to see more of it.

Emergency Number! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab8GtuPdrUQ&feature=fvw)

Robert Blackletter
2009-09-22, 03:38 AM
Sorry but the show just.... dull. It has a few moments of genus but sadly these are generally drown out by the massive number of unfunny and unoriginal jokes that the show contains.. at least IMO

xPANCAKEx
2009-09-22, 03:45 AM
some of it is dull

some of it is good (not great)

either way, i'll still watch the big bang theory instead

I just love the show, it's one of the most funny things in years. Probably because I totaly understand what Roy and Moss are talking about, and why nobody else does. :smallbiggrin:

I've a friend who works in exactly the same job, and he said that's exactly what their work looks like: Doing funny stuff at the computer and if someone calls with a problem, it usually goes "have you tried turning it off and on again? You sure everything is plugged in?". :smallbiggrin:

this i can also verrify. But the joke does wear very thin, very quick just like most catch-phrase comedy (barring season 1 and 2 of the fast show)

Dragor
2009-09-22, 05:41 AM
It's probably because I'm British and therefore hate every product not made within the Isles (:smalltongue:) but I think the I.T Crowd is better than Big Bang Theory.

Season 1 of the IT Crowd, while pretty damn neat, had its fair share of crappy stuff (repetitive jokes that were funny at first but then made unfunny, EG Richmond's staring at the camera), but it really came into its own in Season 2, where it dropped --most-- of the slapstick involving Roy and actually expanded on Moss a lot.

The Big Bang Theory, to me, is exactly what Pancake said about the 'Crowd. There'll be references or Sheldon moments which make me wet myself, but there's some episodes which are just dulldulldull. But it DOES have the best intro ever.

charl
2009-09-22, 06:01 AM
I really like the spoof on anti-piracy propaganda the show did. It's brilliant.

kamikasei
2009-09-22, 08:13 AM
I'd say it improved with each season. The first wasn't that great. And Denham Jr was fantastic.

"Why would I care that you're from Iran?"

Megatron46
2009-09-22, 09:32 AM
Moss is the best thing in the IT Crowd, he is hillarious, if for nothing else other than his hair!