PDA

View Full Version : Fire Immunity

Tar Palantir
2009-09-21, 05:36 PM
Just a little thought exercise. I'd like to get fire immunity at as low a level as possible, losing as few caster levels as possible. Any assistance would be appreciated.

KellKheraptis
2009-09-21, 05:40 PM
Alter Self at level 3 into a mephit or something...requires Wizard 3 or some variation (2nd level spells), I guess Wizard 1 with Prec. App., and Otherworldly to snag outsider type (which might or might not apply to elementals...but is still handy nonetheless...aren't even Dretches immune to fire?).

Woodsman
2009-09-21, 05:41 PM
Blazing Berserker from Sandstorm grants you the Fire subtype when you're raging, thereby giving you immunity to fire.

Only when you're in rage, though, which kind of sucks. And you get stuck with vulnerability to cold, as well.

IthilanorStPete
2009-09-21, 05:45 PM
Just be a Fire Gnome (Planar Handbook) - it's a LA +1 race.

Glimbur
2009-09-21, 06:12 PM
Half Red Dragon does it... but the LA hurts a lot.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-21, 06:15 PM
Blazing Berserker from Sandstorm grants you the Fire subtype when you're raging, thereby giving you immunity to fire.

Only when you're in rage, though, which kind of sucks. And you get stuck with vulnerability to cold, as well.

Frost Rager + Blazing Berserker = Immunity to Cold/Fire and vulnerability to Cold and Fire. So if they bypass immunity (Searing Spell) then you deal more damage, but only then.

Korivan
2009-09-21, 06:37 PM
Theres energy immunity for armor enhancements, a little pricy with +2, but worth it more since you can switch up the energy immunity.

Kelpstrand
2009-09-21, 08:01 PM
1) Pay someone to cast Mantle of Fiery Soul on you.
2) Take Tome feats, like level 1 Infernal Dalliance.
3) Wait until level 13, cast Energy Immunity on yourself.
4) Adventure with a Druid, have him cast Energy Immunity on you at level 11.

Sophismata
2009-09-22, 09:37 PM
If you're a rogue, or any character who ranks tumble, really, you can eventually get it with either a one level swordsage investment or a feat investment to take the fire resistance stance.

The stance scales with tumble ranks, eventually giving fire immunity at 19+, as I recall.

SurlySeraph
2009-09-22, 09:59 PM
Frost Rager + Blazing Berserker = Immunity to Cold/Fire and vulnerability to Cold and Fire. So if they bypass immunity (Searing Spell) then you deal more damage, but only then.

That would make a fun concept for a low INT barbarian.
"My cold hatred burns with incredible heat! I will incinerate you with the icicles of my rage!"

Myrmex
2009-09-22, 10:16 PM
Alter Self at level 3 into a mephit or something...requires Wizard 3 or some variation (2nd level spells), I guess Wizard 1 with Prec. App., and Otherworldly to snag outsider type (which might or might not apply to elementals...but is still handy nonetheless...aren't even Dretches immune to fire?).

Alter Self doesn't work that way.

JeminiZero
2009-09-22, 10:17 PM
The stance scales with tumble ranks, eventually giving fire immunity at 19+, as I recall.

Flame's Blessing. A level 1 stance. Requires 2 feats to qualify for if you don't have a Swordsage splash. With 19 ranks requirement, the earliest you are getting full immunity is at level 16. But prior to that it grants increasing amount of Fire resistance.

Really though, the earliest qualification is likely one of the LA races listed above. Whereas one that loses least Caster levels, can be obtained simply by losing no Caster levels and grabbing the Energy Immunity spell ASAP (unless you want Fire immunity as an Ex/Su ability).

Zaq
2009-09-23, 12:26 AM
Mantle of the Fiery Spirit is a spell that permanently (or rather, instantaneously) gives you the fire subtype. A scroll of it is moderately expensive... if I'm doing my math right, it's 3,000 (base cost of an 8th level scroll) + 5,000 (material component) + 10,000 (2,000 XP cost, x5) = 18,000 for a Druid version of it, but once you can buy and UMD a scroll of it, it'll solve all of your fire-related problems for good. Searing Spell doesn't count.