PDA

View Full Version : Make a Myth

GreatWyrmGold
2009-09-21, 08:30 PM
Make a myth for a D&D world.

Entries due Oct. 5th. Votes in by Oct. 12th.

+0.5/paragraph (defined as a section of text around a half-dozen sentences; my discretion will be used)
+3/vote

Myth on!

Elfin
2009-09-21, 08:37 PM
Are there any specific criteria?

Thajocoth
2009-09-21, 08:47 PM
Here's a myth I'm using for an upcoming campaign.

Far up-river from the city of Nerusia are the Syrazi Mountains, barely in sight. Legend has it that this mountain range was formed during the Great War between the Gods and Primordials long ago. One of the Primordials, Syrazi, fell in in battle. Her body is now the mountain range.

Killing a Primordial though is about as likely as killing a God. If Syrazi is dead and became a mountain range, then why, all these years later, has the river not eroded the mountains away? Either Syrazi is still alive and merely sleeping or in some sort of coma, or the mountains are just ordinary mountains with a nice made-up story.

-----

My players will only get part of the myth unless they make Streetwise checks for the full thing. I plan on sending them into a cave in the mountains. There is a crack in part of her heart that, if healed, will bring her back to life. If removed, it will be worth a lot, but kill her. If healed AND removed, it'll be worth even more and cause her great pain. Also, a pair of powerful life-giving orbs will be findable in a chuul guarded cave that they can decide to explore.

chiasaur11
2009-09-21, 08:53 PM
Here's a myth I'm using for an upcoming campaign.

Far up-river from the city of Nerusia are the Syrazi Mountains, barely in sight. Legend has it that this mountain range was formed during the Great War between the Gods and Primordials long ago. One of the Primordials, Syrazi, fell in in battle. Her body is now the mountain range.

Killing a Primordial though is about as likely as killing a God. If Syrazi is dead and became a mountain range, then why, all these years later, has the river not eroded the mountains away? Either Syrazi is still alive and merely sleeping or in some sort of coma, or the mountains are just ordinary mountains with a nice made-up story.

Because even dead the body of a primordial is made of sterner stuff than anything seen in the world of mortals. The body will not decay as long as this world lasts.

Thajocoth
2009-09-21, 08:56 PM
Because even dead the body of a primordial is made of sterner stuff than anything seen in the world of mortals. The body will not decay as long as this world lasts.

The body's systems are still running. She would be hurt by mining and stuff if attempted, but she still heals as fast as she can be eroded by simple water. She's just unconscious. Like a comatose person who doesn't need to eat (and is made of solid rock, and is very very big).

She's partially embedded into the ground. (Her left side is almost completely in the ground.) She's also facing away from the city, so they don't see, like, a face or anything. Their side would have mostly a big cliff (her back).

Elfin
2009-09-21, 09:04 PM
Are our entries being judged by the actual story, the quality of the writing, a combination of both, or something else?

GreatWyrmGold
2009-09-21, 09:06 PM
Are there any specific criteria?

Not really. Just make a good myth. For a D&D world, of course.

Xallace
2009-09-21, 10:26 PM
Drow Creation Legend:
The drow and the elves are taught two very different stories. We all know the elf side of the tale- how Lolth and Gruumsh conspired against Corellon, how Corellon took out Gruumsh's eye and banished Lolth and all her ilk underground. But the drow side of the tale is a little different.

In the drow's legends, Lolth was not their patron when they were on the surface. They were created by Corellon, just like all other elves. But when Corellon looked upon what he had created and saw the drow, he deemed them ugly; their white hair and black skin reviled him, and he was disgusted. So, he cast the drow underground so that he wouldn't have to view them anymore.

Shunned and ultimately forgotten, the drow roamed the underdark without guidance. Many of their number were picked off by Underdark predators.

It is said that, as the drow neared ultimate extinction, a goddess of the Underdark noticed them, and looked upon them with pity. This goddess, Lolth, was a patron of spiders and insects. She came to the broken race, and took them under her protection. She taught them the arts of stealth, taught them how to hunt for food and ultimately survive.

But Lolth knew she could not take care of these people on her own, and called in for a god she knew, a god of the slimes and oozes that roamed the Underdark. He saw in the drow the potential to survive, and agreed to help Lolth revitalize them. This god, Ghuanadaur, taught the drow of poison to help them hunt, and taught them of the many strange and varied creatures the dwelt underground.

Soon, more disjointed underdark gods joined to raise and protect the drow, a race that an increasing number of beings were beginning to see as their own children. Selvetarm, a god of the gems and metals that rest within the earth, taught the drow of metallurgy and the proper craft and use of weaponry. Kiaransalee, a protector of those laid to rest in the dirt, taught the dark elves not to fear death and, in time, became the Goddess of the Dead.

Soon also came Vhaeraun, who taught the drow the art of assassins, honing their hunting skills to the peak of perfection. Eilistraee arose from the drow themselves, a manifestation of the drow longing to return to the surface.

I would like to note that this doesn't change Lolth's alignment (or any of their alignments, really). Even Evil gods need good PR.

Nohwl
2009-09-21, 10:32 PM
there once was a kobold named pun pun...

Zeta Kai
2009-09-21, 10:39 PM
there once was a kobold named pun pun...

There once was a kobold named Pun-Pun,
Who thought that godhood would be fun-fun,
So he found a Sarrukh,
Whose powers he took,
And he told his DM, "I won-won!"

:biggrin:

chiasaur11
2009-09-21, 11:15 PM
Listen closely, kids. Your dad didn't want me to tell you this, but...

Heck, you're gonna be tomb robbers one day anyway. Might as well know the score.

Mind, I only heard this fifth hand from a dwarf in the Troll's Head by stormreach, and he'd only heard it from his grandfather's grandfather but...

Well, once there were things called Elves. They were...

They were basically people, but with pointy ears, a little more innate magical skill, and egos you wouldn't believe. They took over half the world, easy. Goblins, Orcs, heck, even Mindflayers (hard as that may to believe), every major empire on the continent today was either under their thumb or fighting hard to even hold what they had.

And then the elves made a mistake. They woke the dragons.

Oh, sure. Sure. We all know some hero in the next town killed one just last week. Some of the stories are even true.

Well, heroes have the sense to wake them one at a time, and kill them bloody fast. Elves didn't.

You see, Elves had egos you wouldn't believe. Meant that they couldn't have any empire, ever, as their better.

Needless to say, it got them killed. Worse, it taught the dragons a lesson. They couldn't go sleeping all the time and expect a restful time. They made watchdogs. Those lizardy things you saw when I took you to the pub (Thanks for not telling your folks how you lost that finger, by the way)? Kobolds? Those are them. Watch your mouth around them. Sure, some are decent folks, but most are just watching for someone else to try what the Elves did.

Anyway, that's why you run every pointy eared guy you see through. Dragons are bad enough one on one. We don't want them to think anything large scale is going one.

ondonaflash
2009-09-22, 12:46 AM
Long ago in a distant land I, Aku, Master of Darkness, Unleashed an unspeakable... waaaiit a minute, that's not original...

ondonaflash
2009-09-22, 01:41 AM
In the beginning there were Dragons and Primordials and the two of them waged a war of dominance across the world, for while the dragons believed in Order, and Knowledge the Primordials were beings of Chaos, and Entropy. The dragons were beings of the purest magic, and they drew from it to wage their battles, but the Primarchs were beings of the raw elements, and they waged their war with fire and lightning, also far better than their elemental might, the Primordials had the power to bring into being life.

Their first experiment was crafted from the supple bows of an aspen tree, and they crafted them into thin beings, capable of killing dragons with their deadly bows and spears, these were the Aelafain, the fearsome forerunners to the Elven race. The Aelafain failed to meet the Primordials expectations however, for they were flighty, and preferred to play in the sun and trees, rather than wage the war the Primordials demanded. The failure of their first creation prompted the crafting of their second race. From the heart of the earth they drew molten metal, and they infused it with all their rage and their desire for dominance. This race was know as the Tael'Run Thel, but they are now known as the Iron Race.

The Tael'Run Thel were crafted as extensions of the Primordial's will. They served their masters fanatically and were able to enforce absolute control over the Elves. With their addition to the forces of the Primordials the tide of battle turned against the Dragons, who were forced to take desperate measures.

As they were pushed back into smaller and smaller holdings the Dragons made a desperate gambit and tore open a rift in the world, allowing through anything in the hopes that they could help them wage this war for control. The beings that stepped through called themselves men, and they would change the face of the world.

They were confused, and they were afraid, but they had been seeking exodus from their home, and the Dragons offered them asylum, should they be willing to fight for it. The dragons taught them the art of magic and showed them how to wield it, and they offered to train men to fight in the air (the mighty Dragon Riders of yore).

Men were clever, they saw things on the ground that the dragons could not see from the air, and they were vicious, truly ruthless in combat. They fought with a savagery that terrified the Elves, and impressed the Iron Men, and it was the latter who made a fatal mistake. Men were watching their enemies, and they soon learned that the Elves were unwilling warriors, and they came up with the strategy to overthrow the Primarchs. Eliminate the Iron Men, free the elves, and turn the full force of three armies upon the Primordials.

Men avoided the major Elven armies and they learned where the Iron Men commanded from, in a brutal offensive the men struck all these points. Within a matter of weeks most of the Iron Men were dead, and the elves had turned upon their masters. The mightiest men united with their dragons to attack the Primordials, finishing off the mighty Primarchs in their seats of power, they used mighty magics to bind them away in pocket dimensions around the Plane.

These men were mighty indeed and they tapped into the powers of the world to such a degree that they became one with it. In absence of the Primarchs the world needed its forces to be directed and controlled. Those men that took up the role and took control of these elements were worshipped as gods by their fellows.

Thus did the gods, with the aid of the Dragons, seal away the Primordials and set forth a new age upon the world. Afterward came the Dragon Wars when the Dragons sought to overthrow the new gods, and the Greater Magic Wars, when Devils and Angels waged war over the World, with tragic results, but those are other tales to be told.

Lvl45DM!
2009-09-22, 05:04 AM
C'm'ere kids pops got a story for ya! *cue groans*
Nah it aint like them other stories I've told, like how i slew the Black Dragon of WhiteDragonsville single handed with naught but a sharp rock-*louder groans*
All right All right a NEW story then one my granpappy told me *yay!*

WELL, contrary to popular belief, us humans werent the first to tame this here land. Nor were it the elves or dwarves, or anything that is left walking this earth. *whisper*
No it werent an outsider! You been reading to many source books! Nah it was the Beholders.
Yeah I know they are still around, I said they weren't WALKING this earth, didn't I? Well Beholders locomote via magical levitation, so they don't walk do they?
But this here is the story of how the Beholders lost their legs and got all those eyes!
Y'see there were once humans like us, maybe a little crazier with stronger magic and bigger teeth but human
but then they had enemies! the Flayers, the Illithids, the Psionic Race, the Overminds....yes little one those are the squid thingys.
ANd they warred, the humans with their magic the Illithids with their mind powers, they warred as all races do.
But this little village here is where the Illithids got their foothold. Very strategically important this village was, for one reason or another...the geography has changed since then, but even those long eons ago it was just a little village
an old warrior was living here, maybe telling a story to his kids just like I am to you now, when the orders came down from the top. Now he used to be a ranger for the armies of his lord, the greatest scout and spy to ever live, all the more impressive cos he had only the one eye. A soldier, with muscles so big they were squeezing his eye almost closed
"We need you sir, with your High ranks in Spot(which incidentaly INCREASES with age, and dont let no-one tell you diffent) to guard the town against invaders, but sitting in a watchtower and watching to see if they arrive"
Now the old man had some fight left and swore to slaughter the squiddys if they came near the town but he was rebuffed and declined his place in the army
"You look far too frail to fight"
Now you might imagine that a Beholders eye was a source of pride and so he says "Frail is in the eye of the beholder. I might look old but I got strong arms, back and legs and most of all a good eye, I'll live through any fight you put me in, and longer that you young man with your tiny eyes and big muscles."
But they said no, and stuck him in the damn tower to watch.
and one day the walking cephalapods came.
And the old man watched
and they tore up the town and took it over and launched their armies and conquered the beholders
and the old man watched
and they found him and strung him up, and broke his arms and legs and still the old man kept watching until one day an Ulitharid, a big strong squiddy, was hypnotised by that damn stare and went insane. He put the old man through all sorts of experiments, trying to turn him into a kind of Mind Flayer, giving him tentacles, a prodigious appetite, and even a hint of mind powers. But one day went the crazy squid came in to kill his mutated creation the old man shed his useless limbs, rose up his tentacles writhed and the each one..blinked open.
An EYE had GROWN on the end of each tentacle and the power of the old mans rage flowed through him and he damn near STARED that Ulitharid to death. but a worse fate lay in store cos the psionic tampering had given the Beholder, cos thats what he was, powers.
Powers of death and destruction and chaos and-
no
not anti magic yet that came in later
and those powers exploded out, obliterating the flayer.
so the newly made monster prowled the countryside killing on its path, though it its mind it was still just watching.......

GallóglachMaxim
2009-09-22, 08:06 AM
The creation myth for my campaign world (with apologies to the Enuma Elish and Sumerian King Lists), spoilered for length.

Enuma Utu Ilum
When heaven and earth were not yet made,
And earth was without form,
And sky and sea were one,
And Arshuna, the air, who formed them,
And Apishti, the water, who bore them,
When air and water were one.
When form was not yet created,
And nothing held a name.
When the gods had not yet lived,
And no destiny was written.
Creation descended between sea and sky,
Utu and Našu were called into being.
Našu, their son,
Great of strength and purpose,
Master of the dark places,
Hideous and powerful,
And long were the nights.
Utu, their son,
Shining of face and mind,
Lover of the bright void,
Quick and clever,
And long were the days.
Utu raised up Arshuna, his father,
Utu raised Arshuna to the firmament,
And sky and sea were parted.
Utu lowered Apishti, his mother,
Utu lowered Apisti to the foundation of the earth,
And water and air were parted.
Našu scattered the stars,
Scattered so their light would not diminish him,
Našu stretched the void between the stars.
Then Utu, the giver of life,
Set upon to build the living.
Out of water he created them,
Elves, the swift of thought.
Out of stone he created them,
Dwarves, the long of memory.
Out of water he created him,
Shamz, radiant in wisdom.
Mashriq, peerless in skill.
Rimaal, magnificent in faith.
Shajarrah, brilliant in speech.
Out of stone he created him,
Crüna, unwavering in discipline.
Out of water he created them,
The multitudes of the elves.
Out of stone he created them,
The legions of the dwarves.
And Našu came upon him,
With fury and rage Našu came upon him.
Našu advanced on Utu and said:
‘Shall you entrust kingship unto these?
These mortals have no law, can we lie down in peace
While their tempests destroy them?
Give the domain of the living over to me,
And I shall teach them their proper law and place.’
Then Utu, shield of his children, said:
‘No brother, depart, for these are my creation.
Thou has earned no kingship here,
They will be free, tempestuous though they are
It is their right.’
And Našu reached up,
Našu reached high into the heavens.
Našu reached and took hold of the sun.
Holding the sun in his hands, though he was burned by it
He said unto Utu:
‘Then let us wager, brother.
You claim I have earned nothing,
Then let this be my test.
If I can hold this fire in the sky for the length of a year,
Swear to me that your children will be my subjects.’
And Utu returned to him:
‘Let not the word of my lips be overcome by untruth.
I swear it; if the sun remains overhead for the length of a year
Let my beloved children live under thy heel forever.
But if it should pass below the horizon, be thou gone also forever
Sink thou into the depths and trouble my people no further.’
So they stood,
The gods, Utu and Našu stood.
They stood as time passed, and the sun struggled
It struggled against the strength of Našu,
Towards the horizon.
As time passed, and the sun slowly fell
Yea, it sank towards the horizon,
Burning the hands of Našu,
Utu began to fear.
As the sun fell,
As it drew close to the horizon,
Utu drew his sword.
And as Našu held the sun,
Utu raised his sword,
Utu cut through his brother’s fingers.
The fingers of Našu fell,
They fell into the sea at his feet,
But Našu held on,
Našu, furious, held the sun between his palms.
And as he held Utu raised his sword again,
Utu cut through his brother’s wrists,
The hands of Našu fell,
They fell into the sea at his feet.
But the year was dying,
Našu still held the sun,
Held the sun balanced above the horizon.
And Utu raised his sword again,
Utu cut through his brother’s arm,
The left arm of Našu fell,
It fell into the sea by his knees.
Utu stood over his brother,
Našu, maimed, still trying to hold the sun.
Utu raised his sword for the last time,
Utu drove his sword into his brother’s chest,
Našu’s body fell back into the sea,
And the sun passed below the horizon,
And the year ended.
Utu gathered up his brother’s body,
He gathered up his fingers and his hands and his arm,
And he laid them down, upon the surface of the waters.
And Utu brought forth plants and animals onto the body of his brother,
He made them in all their myriad forms.
And Utu brought forth the elves,
The elves, made from water,
From within himself,
And he placed them on his brother’s body.
And Utu brought forth the dwarves,
The dwarves, made from stone,
From within himself,
And he placed them on his brother’s body.
And Utu lowered kingship from heaven,
When kingship descended from heaven,
It descended upon Shamz,
It descended upon Rimaal,
It descended upon Mashriq,
It descended upon Shajarrah,
And it descended also upon Crüna.
And Utu departed the world,
Left the world to his children,
Left kingship to his children,
Utu departed.

Fishy
2009-09-22, 08:32 AM
Here's one I prepared earlier! The story of Gabrielle, Goddess of Bards, and the invention of Beauty, as related by an extremely drunk bard.

"In The Beginning, there was the Void. And the Void was all there was, and the Void was nothing at all. And to the Void, came the Creator, who made the worlds and then buggered off.

"And they were really great worlds, really well made worlds, right? All of the right- All of the right rocks and things. All of the rivers worked, the mountains were nice and sharp, the moons went around well: but aside from that, nothing really happened. It didn't *do* anything.

"Next come the devils, and the devils got bored of the whole thing, and they set part of it on fire. And the angels got pissy about it, and they had a fight. But at the end of the day, nothing changed. The cosmos was still the same, except part of it was on fire.

"Right. So then Gaia has her go, and she filled the worlds with life- every imaginable kind of living thing. Plants, and birds, and fish, and sheep, and elves, and giants, and humans, and... all those other guys. And every one of them lived out their lives, eating, sleeping, having babies and dying, and Zaraklyn took their souls out and put 'em back somewhere else and all that- But! They weren't like the way we are now. They didn't talk. They didn't think. They didn't build cities, or fall in love, or get drunk. It was like all six worlds were filled with just so many mechanical chickens.

"Until Gabrielle.

"Gabrielle looked upon the worlds, and she was displeased. She approached Zaraklyn in the Halls of the Gods, while his arms were heavy with souls, and the Lady said, 'Hang on, before you put those back, I wanna try something'.

"So Gabrielle took the souls, and... and she did a Goddess thing. And the souls were taken back to the worlds, and born again-

"And that night, the sun set, and for the first time in their many lives, instead of just looking, they could See it. They could see red and orange sweeping across the horizon, light that transformed everything it touched to radiant gold. For the fist time, they felt wonder. For the first time, they saw beauty. And for the first time in the history of the Worlds, there was something beautiful, because there was finally someone to see it."

"What happened then?"

"Well, then they all starved to death. Everybody was so busy staring at things, they forgot to feed themselves. So everybody's dead, and Gaia's pissed, and there's a giant pileup of souls, so Zaraklyn's pissed, and basically they all get together and made her turn it back off. So that was that."

"... What?"

"I mean, there's more, obviously, but I've had about six of these, and if I don't go and paint a yellow mural right now, I'm going to explode. Thanks for buying though, miss."

daggaz
2009-09-22, 08:38 AM
C'm'ere kids pops got a story for ya! (SNIP).......

Paragraphs are your friends. Honestly. As is proper sentence structure. Sorry man, I just couldnt read that whole thing through.

Telonius
2009-09-22, 09:03 AM
Long ago in a distant land I, Aku, Master of Darkness, Unleashed an unspeakable... waaaiit a minute, that's not original...

Though the idea of an ultra-powered Samurai would definitely be a myth in D&D. :smallbiggrin:

BigPapaSmurf
2009-09-22, 01:23 PM
Beyond the great sea it is rumored that a strange mountain range thrusts from the water beconing those desperate for land. Those who try to sail towards the shrouded mountains quickly find that the closer they get the harder the wind blows making them battle for every inch as wind and wave pound them from the shore. They try to approach at another angle and another, all attempts fail. Soon they all give up, many to their doom as they were desperate to begin with.

Some legends say that before time when only gods roamed the world a great battle broke out between the God of the Winds and the God of Stagnation. After many years the Wind God became desperate and weakened, in a last effort he consumed the enemy and lifted it into the sky in an attempt to cast the God from the world forever, but alas he was too weak and was defeated and was cast back to the Earth. His lifeless body fell upon the endless sea and the world shuddered.

The God of Light grew bold so that none may see the tragedy, the God of the waters wept and withdrew from that unholy place washing over all the lands to clease the memory and finally the God of the Rock thrust up a ring of mountains to hide the grave forever. The God of Stagnation came down to Earth to see his conquest, he looked into the massive crater and saw no movement to his great pleasure. At that moment the body of the Wind God cracked open with a sound echoed around the world and all the winds of life burst forth from the hole with a force the God could not tame. He was blown from the world and out into deepest space where he would suffer his own stagnation for all eternity.

From that place do all winds flow.

-DM note) Approaching the crater rim mountains should be all but impossible unless you approach underwater, though scaling the mountain will be even more difficult. Flying is out of the question. Magic is dangerous as the power of the decaying God still eminates through the rock, making magic very unpredictable. I suggest having some local creatures which derive from water creatures inhabit the shores and mountain caves.

JeenLeen
2009-09-22, 01:58 PM
A myth for how arcane magic works.

In the beginning, there were two: Life and the Void. Neither knew each other, and each thought itself was the only thing that existed. Life had the potentiality of all things within her, and Void was nothingness.

Eventually, Life saw Void and touched him. Out of their union was born Matter. Life was amazed and joyful at seeing a creation, but Void was put at unease.

Life went down to touch Matter and formed the Four: Fire, Water, Air, and Earth. She then touched the Four and they all began to move and create forms of their own: the planets, the stars; plants and animals; the fire that flows in the earth and the rains and rivers that flow. Life laughed and danced with her children and the Creation they had made.

Over time, Life, Matter, and the Four began to play together in different ways and form more and more creations: plants, animals, things, and, eventually, the races that populate the world.

But Void was scared. He did not like that things there were not him existed. So he moved and grabbed Life, and in this forceful union was born Void of Life. Where Void feared, Void of Life hated.

He went down to Creation and tore at what had been made. Decay and sickness entered the world, and the races began to die. Life, Matter, and the Four tried to fight him, but he attacked them and tore them. And instead of blood or torn flesh, they dropped children: Void of Matter and the Other Four: Void of Fire, Void of Water, Void of Air, and Void of Earth.

These joined their father, Void of Life, and almost destroyed all of the Creation. However, when things seemed most dire, Life looked into the eyes of Void of Life's children and saw kindness admist the malice their father had left.

Life touched Void of Matter and the Other Four, and they loved one another. Void of Life's children turned against him, and with Life and her children they together began reknit the world.

Void of Life was not willing to be defeated, however. He spent years gaining strength, and then attacked again. Again, the world was almost destroyed. This time, however, Life and the others decided to do whatever was needed to protect Creation.

They devised a great Binding that would seal away Void of Life's mind. However, they saw that, to do this, they would have to create the seal out of their own minds, essentially robbing all of them of intelligence. They were willing to suffer anything for Creation, but they were saddened at the prospect of never seeing or laughing with Creation again.

Although it posed a risk, Life and the others met with the races and showed them how Creation was made. They showed the races how Creation was woven of all of them, even of Void of Life ever since he had hurt it. They showed the races how to touch these weaves and to move reality. That way Life and the others could at least have some contact with the races, even if they did not sense it.

So, now willing to go through with their plan, Life began the Great Binding. However, Void of Life had heard her talking to the races and knew what was coming. He saw that he could not avoid the Binding, but in vengeance he touched and warped the minds of the races, putting evil into it. Thus the races, who already grew sick and aged and died from Void of Life's touch, now also had evil thoughts and hurt one another. As the Binding ended and all were stripped of consciousness, Life wept and Void of Life laughed.

Thus did evil enter into the hearts and minds of the races that cover the earth.
And thus did the races learn how to manipulate the weaves of Creation, to work the magic arcane.

Lapak
2009-09-22, 02:08 PM
This myth is one of the most controversial among sages, because it exists in a very similar form in each known intelligent race with themselves as the conquerors. The Elves name the hero Valtiavanti, and the orcs name him Tranlo, but the bulk of the story is always the same. Some sages believe that the myth is a lie begun by Isan, the only god named who is still widely worshiped in the world, in order to give each race a vision of superiority over all others. Other sages believe that the myth is a true history, though they cannot agree on which race truly acted it out.

It is said that in the time before the land of Yaroon sank beneath the sea, and even before it rose to power; in the time before time, when all that is today had a different shape and form, that Men had conquered all of their enemies, and all of their allies, and ruled the whole of the world.

And in that time, they worshiped many gods - some gods that we worship now, and some gods that have long since passed into memory. But in that age, with all their enemies defeated, the greatest of gods were the gods of Trade and Knowledge, who guided all of humanity coequally. And Man flourished. Until one day there arose a hero, great and wise and strong. He surpassed the feats of all who came before him; he confounded the wisest of sages with his arguments and defeated the mightiest of warriors with his prowess in battle. He was named Kiptuk, and he was the much-loved champion of the God of Knowledge. He came to rule all of the nations of Men, and the power and glory of their society increased tenfold and tenfold again.

All the while, many of the little gods of the past chafed and complained. Those who had lost their worshipers as Mankind took rulership of the world, or those who had faded in significance as the nations of Man grew great. One of these was Isan, the God of Hate. He was reduced to a petty godling then, and had little influence, for all the great divisions of the past had been swept away, not least through his own influence - for in the days of conquest, it had been his words and his council that drove men to slay and to conquer not only their foes, but also those races which had been their allies. With their success, Mankind had no opposition to hate, and his influence grew weak. Isan felt that it was his guidance that had created Man's new world, and that he should be the one who ruled over it, and he crafted a plan that would bring his cause back into the hearts of men.

Kiptuk, the great hero, treated with men and gods both from his throne of judgment on audience days. It was no unusual thing that a godling should appear to him and suggest a plan or a course of action, and so he was not surprised when Isan came to his court in a veil of shadow and ice.

"Great King," said the godling, "I have thought long and hard about the nature of the wonderful nation you have built, and considered the value of all that you have taught mankind. Your wisdom has forged a mighty people. Is it fitting that the god of Trade should be valued as highly as your own patron? For truly, could Trade be conducted without Knowledge? Could men engage in commerce without knowing the value of their goods, or the reputation of the other man? You should surely pass an edict to show the pre-eminence of the God of Knowledge over all others."

And Kiptuk considered his words. Some think that in that moment of distraction Isan entered his heart and planted a seed of hate; others think that the God of Knowledge pled with his champion to agree. Still others believe that Kiptuk's wisdom, though mighty, was not so mighty as to be immune to flattery. Whatever the cause, the King saw no flaw in Isan's argument, and he decreed that from that moment forward, Men would value Knowledge over Trade, and he declared that Trade would no longer be conducted across the length and breadth of the kingdom, but only with each city's nearest neighbor. For so, Isan promised, each small region would seek new and different paths to Knowledge and their discoveries would be greater than if all the world shared one path alone. And the God of Knowledge was venerated, and the God of Trade faded in importance.

As Isan foresaw, each city found its own path. But in doing so, they opened their hearts to him - for each man thought his own path the greatest, and those of his neighbors to be foolish and weak. Kiptuk saw what he had done, but too late - the cities on the edge of the kingdom rebelled against his control, claiming that they must be free to pursue their own wisdom and knowledge, and soon fire and destruction raged across the realm.

In the chaos of war, the other races of world came out from the darkest caves and deepest forests and from under the sea and from out of the sky, descending on the Men who had pushed them to the fringes, and the nation of Men was destroyed in a single year, shattered into a thousand states that fell into a million pieces. And Isan smiled as hatred spread. Kiptuk turned to his god for guidance, but the years where wisdom had been jealously guarded and hoarded had twisted the God of Wisdom into the God of Secrets, whose name no man now knows. Kiptuk turned to the God of Trade to undo what he had done, but in the midst of the greatest chaos, when commerce had ceased altogether and the God was at his weakest, Isan had slain him. In despair, Kiptuk used all his great knowledge and power to withdraw from the world. His guilt drove him to hide himself from the sight of Men forever, and he has not been seen from that day to this. Though some say that he has become a god himself, no scholar can tell which he might be or what he would have chosen as his cause.

alchemyprime
2009-09-22, 02:09 PM
Long, long ago, back before Tanner, before Haarock and Errvuun, heck, even before the Primordials were locked up...

There were still adventurers.

This is about one band of adventurers from before the Old World War. They were many, but each one is still known today.

There was Lord Matthias Darkbriar, a Paladin of Lord Bahamut, a bright and shining young human lad.

There was Lady Aizen-Myoo, an illusionist and one who they say was the most beautiful any woman could be, even through her spells, with wide curvy hips and a voice that came over her soft, sensual lips... or so the legends say....

There was a simple cold mage named Sinter, and he was the known for spending his money on the children. Some say its because he had abandoned his wife with ten of his own, and he gave to these children to make up for it.

There were the brothers Kermux Tseicstiban and Broxleck Trab, known for always playing games and pranks on their party, and be quick on a joke. They say Borxleck was a grand bard, the kind that his voice brought laughs and inspiration of hope to all, while Kermux was a ranger, able to track a white mouse in a blizzard for fifteen miles, uphill, both ways.

And what did these five do? They set out to find, the legendary THUNDER TROLL!

Now, the Thunder Troll was not like the Lightnin Trolls today. No, they were not priests of Mual-Tar. No, this was the literal SON of Mual-Tar, the horrible lightning serpent.

And they trekked up large mountains, and down steep canyons, and through horrible storms, until they reached its cave. The cave, with the sickening moistness, where hot water ran from the ceiling and froze on the floor, where the dead rose only to explode in a shower of sparks so to stop intruders, and where the smell of offal was so think, all that beat it was the bat guano on the ground, up to the ankles of our heroes.

It was not a pleasant place.

And after testing through the horrible place, they found the beast, tall as a hundred trolls, with a body like a thundercloud stuffed into a frog, covered in warts and pustules that shot steam and fire and sound. And the Thunder Troll swept down with his arm and caught up Borxleck and Aizen-Myoo, and the others came to fight him. Oh! What a fierce battle. Sinter summoned a beast made of snow, and the beast bit down on the arm of the troll and took it clear off but the blood of the troll was pure lightning and it blew the head of th beast to smithereens!

Then Kermux drew his swords and cut away into the beast, leapin of a leadge and hitting the beast in the eyes. The beast let go of Borxleck and Aizen-Myoo. Borxleck let out a roar only a bard could and the beast began bleeding from the ears, and Aizen-Myoo made a needle of pure shadows and stabbed the beast through the heart.

And Darkbriar, that faithful paladin, prayed. And prayed. And the breath of Bahamut himself filled his blade and with one swing he decimated the beast!

And the beast was no more.

Time went on. The band separated.

Darkbriar went on a quest to purify a sacred suit of armor that had become tainted. The armor controlled his body, and made him return to his home and find his wife. And as she slept, he lifted his sword, and was ordered to behead her. But he gripped his sword by the blade, so that even if his wife must die, he would always know the pain twice over, so his body and his soul would both cry out.

And Bahamut freed Darkbriar and lifted him up.

And Sinter, friendly Sinter, ventured to the Astral Sea and made a pool of ice and a cottage of ice and lived there. And eventually he was visted by Olidamarra, who asked him "Why do you break into people's houses? What do you take from them?" And Sinter smiled and said "Their wants." And Sinter showed Olidamarra the toys and gifts he was making.

And Olidamarra lifted him up.

And Aizen-Myo lived a life filled with passion and love. And when her live was over, by the hand of a poisoned glass of wine, she noticed that everything was an illusion. Anything could be disbelieved. And she disbelieved death. And Sune lifted her up.

And the brothers played games their whole lives until one day an army marched against their village. And Kermux gathered all the men and led a charge. And Borxleck sat on a roof with his instrument, a squeezebox, and played. And eventually the battle was lost and the enemies marched on their village, and Borxleck yelled "AGAIN." And the bodies of the soldiers were recreated, each one, and they turned around and beat the army down.

And when death came looking for Borxleck and Kermux, tey were no where to be found. They played a game and bet and won. And Darkbriar, Aizen-Myoo and Sinter lifted them up.

And that was how these five gods came to be. The Lord of Mercy and Punishment, the Lady of Enlightenment and Passion, the Lord of Games and Dreams, the Lord of Games and Secrets, and the Lord of Gifts. Lord Darkbriar, Aizen-Myoo, Borxleck Trab, Kermux Tsiecstban, and Sinter.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-09-22, 06:46 PM
Are our entries being judged by the actual story, the quality of the writing, a combination of both, or something else?

I'm adding a few points for longer myths, because those usually take more work. The votes will, hopefully, take care of the quality.

Great work, guys!

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-09-23, 03:56 PM
The Seven Gifts
Long ago, the Sovereign of Heaven made the world. With his hands he shaped the earth and stone into mountains, deserts and plains. With his breath, he made the sky, the wind, the clouds and the rain. With the glittering of his eyes were the sun, the moon, the stars, the great lights of the sky brought into being. And when the world was finished, the Sovereign of Heaven looked and saw that it was barren and lifeless. So the Ruler of All made life. The mighty tree and the frail flower, the colossal dragon and the fine gnat, and the thousands of spirits that guide every living thing to their destiny, whether it is to eat, or be eaten.

The All-Wielder was pleased with his creation, but something was not quite right. All his creations loved him, and were thankful for his gifts, but none had the tongue, or the lips to praise him. All of creation would shout for joy would that it had the means to speak. So the World's Warder decided one more thing was needed. He took from the ground crude clay, and began to shape it. Soon, he had divided the clay into seven small shapes. But they were still and lifeless, so the Sovereign of Heaven continued to work. Soon he began to sweat, and the sweat flowed into the clay. The clay figures began to stir and awaken. He worked more fervently, pushing and shoving, working so hard that his fingers bled. The clay took in the blood, and the little clay beings began to take definate shape, to move and walk. But mute they remained. The World Builder was greatly saddened. He had given all he could to make these favored creations, and even they could not speak. He began to weep, and his tears fell upon the clay, and then he heard seven small voices speak.

"Praise for the one who has made us!"

And the Sovereign of Heaven was filled with joy. He named the seven beings his children, six sons and one daughter, calling them Hondshioh, Onela, Danegeld, Hronrade, Aeschere, Yrmenlaf and Yrsa. The seven children sang praises to their father day and night, and the All-Father was filled with joy. But one day, Yrsa, the daughter, stopped singing and spoke.

"Father? Will we always be able to praise you? What will happen when we are gone?"

The World's Warder then gathered his children and spoke to them.

"IT IS TIME FOR YOU SEVEN TO VENTURE OUT INTO THE WORLD I HAVE MADE. YOU WILL WANDER UNTIL I SEND A SIGN FOR YOU, AND I WILL TELL YOU OF THE PEOPLE YOU SHALL MAKE."

So the seven children each left their home by a different route, so to seek their destinies.

Hondshioh wandered to the far plains, where the grasses grow tall and there are no trees to grant shade. His journey had exhausted him greatly, so he looked for a spring to sit by, where he could rest and quench his thirst. Then, he spotted what looked like a massive stone. He ran to it, hoping to find some shade. When Hondshioh arrived, he saw that it was not a stone at all, but the greatest bull in creation. The creature stirred, and looked down at Hondshioh, and he knew that this was surely a sign from his father. He fell to his knees and awaited the Sovereign of Heaven's words.

"YOU WILL BECOME THE STRONGEST OF YOUR SIBLINGS, FIERCE IN BATTLE AND PASSIONATE IN LIFE. YOU WILL NOT BE BEAUTIFUL NOR WISE, BUT YOUR ZEAL WILL ENSURE THAT YOUR PEOPLE WILL NEVER DIE."

So did Hondshioh become the father of the orc people, strong and furious.

Hronrade- Cat - Halflings
Hronrade's wanderings led him down streams and rivers to the great waters of the sea. He made himself a raft out of branches and vines, and went as close to the horizon as it would take him. He found a chain of islands, and was delighted with all the places to hide and rove. He decided to take shelter in a large cave on the largest island, but inside found a great wildcat, curled up and asleep. Hronrade's eyes widened as he gazed upon what surely was the sign meant for him. The cat stretched and yawned, and looked at Hronrade square in the eye. Then it spoke.

"YOU WILL BE THE SMALLEST, BUT BY NO MEANS THE LEAST. YOU WILL BE FAST AND CUNNING, AND WILL ROAM THE WORLD TO CLAIM OPPORTUNITY WHEREVER IT MAY BE.

So did Hronrade become the father of the halfling people, always seeking the next horizon.

Dangeld's travels led him into the mountains. He climbed cliffs and journeyed through caves and grottoes. Finally, he reached the peak of the tallest mountain. His travels had exhausted him, so he lay down to sleep. He woke to the sound of snuffing near his face, and found himself staring at the snout of a towering bear. Danegeld realized that this was the sign he had been promised, so he nodded quietly letting the bear know he was ready to listen.

"YOU WILL BE THE HARDIEST OF ALL. YOU WILL HAVE DOMINION OVER THE ROCK AND STONE, AND WILL BE TO RECIEVE ANY BLOW THAT MAY COME YOUR WAY."

So did Dangeld become the father of the dwarf people, as solid and indomitable as the stones that shelter them.

Onela's path led him into a massive ancient forest. He delighted at the tall trees and the many growing things there, when a flash of orange and red caught his eye. He followed the creature as it hid and dashed around the woods, before finally stopping in a clearing. It was the most majestic fox ever. Onela realized that this was his father's sign, and he jumped with excitement. The fox said,

"YOU WILL BE THE SMARTEST, ALWAYS ASKING QUESTIONS AND SEEKING ANSWERS. YOUR CURIOSITY WILL BE YOUR GREATEST GIFT, FOR THERE WILL ALWAYS BE MORE TO SEEK."

So did Onela become the father of the gnome people, who are never bored for there is always something new to see.

Aeschere's wanderings led him far away from the paths of his kin. He came to a swamp, where the water was inky and deceptives. He waited for the night so he could use the stars to find his way. When he found his way out of the swamp, he saw an owl perched on the last branch of the last tree. He knew that this was his sign. The owl told him.

"YOU WILL BE WISEST AMONG OF YOUR FAMILY. NO ONE WILL SHARE YOUR MASTERY OF THE WORLD'S SECRETS, NOR YOUR LONG LIFE AND GRACE."

So Aeschere became the father of the elf people, mages without peer and keepers of the world's lore.

Yrmenlaf worried for his sister, Yrsa, but left, knowing that he had no choice. He crossed the mountains and went into the desert, dry and barren. He traveled for days without food and water, hungry and thirsty, until he came to an oasis, where there were delicious figs and clean water. As he ate, a beautiful eagle swooped down from the sky and landed in front of him. Yrmenlaf was confused, but then the eagle bowed, showing that it was his father's messenger.

"YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AMONG YOUR SIBLINGS WITH EASE, MAKING FRIENDS WHEREVER YOU GO. YOU WILL BRIDGE GAPS AND SMOOTH FEATHERS. YOU WILL NOT BE A MASTER, BUT YOU WILL BE RELIED ON WHEN ALL OTHERS NEED AID."

So did Yrmenlaf become the father of the half-elf people, charismatic and friendly to all.

Yrsa was not sure where she wanted to go, and she was the last to leave their home. She walked until she could barely see the house, but she could not bear to bring herself any further. She begged her father not to separate her from her brothers, for she missed them so. When nightfall came, the most majestic of beasts descended from the sky. A dragon. It told Yrsa to climb on its back, and then it took to the air. Yrsa saw her brothers, each recieving their gifts from the World's Warder, and then the dragon turned its head to her and spoke.

"YOU ARE THE FIRST AMONG MY CHILDREN. ALL THE WORLD WILL BE YOUR DOMAIN TO RULE, AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING YOU WILL."

So did Yrsa become the mother of the human people, who have thrived and multiplied to hold dominion over all of creation.

So ended the creation and began a thousand more stories, each greater than the last. So said the Sovereign of Heaven.

flabort
2009-09-26, 04:24 PM
Aaaauuuw'rit, barkeep. keep the change, and t'is is fer a round fer effer'un. Hah! t'em dragons, anyone noticed t'er obsesion wit' dem dwa.. dwarves go... go... shiny stuff? and effer'un elses, tah.

Well, effer'un, t'at's 'cause dah dragons were mad' ef t'at stuff! yer heard mah, raht, gaht ba... back here. t'em dwarves were exper... foo... cre... dev... shum'ding whit magic bahk, way bahk, before... well, before any of us were born.

Waaaallll, they built a giant reptilian statue out of pure go... go... t'at shiny stuff, and fasioned great flappy t'ings, and tried to bring it to life. well, it did, and the destruction it brought convinced t'em dwarves not to use magic again... and although t'eyd only built one, the dragons we 'ave 'ere are only 'alve of what t'at was. barkeep, another beer, i'm feeling sober again.

anyways, t'em dragons are constantly trying to produce the pure version of what they were produced from, and t'ats why they keep stealin' effer'uns go... go... shiny stuff.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-10-04, 01:14 PM
The elders have told their tales, and there is only a little time before the children decide which myth was the best.

(Translation: This is the last day before voting begins.)

Kol Korran
2009-10-04, 02:52 PM
(this myth is specific for the goblin race, but could be interestingly used in fitting campaigns. more about this can be found under my sig. hope you enjoy)

the snow was heavy outside, and the goblin children were hungry. the village elder just gave the best beast to that strange goblin in the woods with it's wolf pups. the children were hungry, and fussing... yet old Gruda ushered them into her wide hut, silent until inside, having the fire lit. she sighed and sat down in her chair, caressing the wolf beside her, as her eyes focused on the grumpy children in front of her.
"Why did we give the Emet to that mad old goblin? he's not part of the tribe! this happens every year! and he does nothing for us..." shouted one of the children, the others calling out as well. "and he's weird too!" snarled one of them. the old wolf, actually a worg snarled then and barked some harsh words at the firghtened children, but Gruda shushed them all down.
She stoked the fire, and was silent a bit. "i know you're hungry children. i am hungry as well. but trust me, you do not know the meaning of true, all encompassing hunger, dreadfull hunger..." she stayed silent for a few more moments, as if debating with herself. "it is time i told you a story of our people- us golbins, wolves, and worgs. settle down children. time for the tale of darkness."
"a long time ago our people were numerous and spread over the land. we had our own kingdoms and empries like the humans and other races do. but we had enemies as well. with most we dealt with, as the 3 races are strong enough to deal with most threats, but there was one power that threatened us more than the rest, one power that kept on coming, whose numbers kept refilling, as if they never actually died... what? no! i won't tell you their names! that is forbidden in our lore, for fear of attracting them once again. suffice it for you to know that this enemy, horrible beings that some say came from the planes, were the deadliest threat we faced in centuires."
"our prayers didn't help, as did our magic. we sought ever more desperatly for something to use, for someone to save us. and for better and worse (for there is never one thing without the other), we have found one. it is hard to explain this to your young minds, but our sages and shamans searched with their minds for help, and suddenly felt, as if on the edge of perception, another mind. the tales say that this mind was strange and alien, unlike any known outsider, creature, or god. it was one of a primal power, primal need and desire. as our sages communicated with it (and that was no simple feat i'd wager!) they gave it a name, that symoblized it's essence: it was Hunger."
"the Hunger was willing to help, but it wanted something i return- a mind close to it's own- at both times feral yet intelligent, primal yet calculated, to bond with, as a conduit to the world. what? oh, that word means "a way into". good of you to ask when you're not sure. unfortunatly i think that our old wise people hadn't... but perhaps i'm being too harsh- those were desperate times, requiring desperate measures. the sages agreed. the Hunger will provide power through the body and mind given to it, in return for the joining."
"but a goblin hasn't got such a mind? can any of you guess what does? no, no that's not it either, no, a were-creature? you're almost there, but not quite. besides, were creatures weren't present those days, that's another story. what happened was this- we, the goblins allready had a pact with our wolven brothers and sisters. and so selected goblins and wolves went under a special ritual to bind their bodies and minds with the Hunger, creating out avatar and saviours of that day, the Barghests! the word means "great martyr" in ancienct goblin, and you'll soon leanr why..."
"the Barghests, first a few, but later hundreds, and thousands have indeed changed the battle. they could bolster our troops and weakn our enemies, and most importently, they consumed the enemy entirely, so they couldn't come back. that struck fear both in our enemy, but also in us, for it is a terrifying thing indeed to see a Barghest feed on a soul. our people rejoiced however, as the enemy faltered, and victory was had."
"we then thought to undo the ritual, but found it was permenant. more then that- the Hunger wasn't through. the Barghest lost more and more of their conjoined mind to the Hunger, and fed even on us! a new fight began, this time against the tortured soul of our own king, goblin and wolf, who had no way to overcome their hunger, and escape their mindlessnes."
"it was this struggle that tore us apart, as kingdoms and empire fell to the chaos, the fear, the horror. but as their mind weakened and their power grew, some turned on each other, and some simply ended up dvouring themselves, whil others fled to the outer realms, drawn by the call of the Hunger. at a heavy loss, it seemed we have triumphed, as few of the barghest remained, but they were hiding."
"yes you are right- hiding is a sign of cunning, and intelligence. some were able to overcome their nature, at least to a degree. but we'll get to that. years and decades passed, and amongst our wolven friends there were other wolves, more cunning, more intelligent. the worgs. at first we thought it was a natural growth of the species, but later we learned that they were actually Barghest who contained themselves long enough until the Hunger mind consumed itself, with parts of the golbin mind. you see, the worgs are descendents to our great martyrs and saviours, and deserve our respect!"
after a short break where the children dugested this and looked at awe at the worg, Gruda resumed "as years passed, and our people were again living in villages and tribes, not like a nation, every once in a while a wild goblin or worg would come out of the forests, and offer his or her assitance against a threat. this goblins were strong, and had magical powers it seemed, but were scrawny, hungry looking. Shhhh girl! you're right! but let the other figure it out! these heroes saved our people more than once, and asked little in return- sometime protection, sometimes a mate, sometime just animals brought to them every such time... yes children, you get it now- that old "crazed" goblin is a barghest that has protected us for decades now. for you see, those few ho have survived learned to control the demands that Hunger made, though they can never fully ignore it. they live always wanting to kill and to feed on others, to partially fill their hunger, but those who remain have (hopefully) learned to control this."
"why do we honor it? well first of all it helps protects us from enemies. and it does... other things as well. the Barghest follow the mind of Hunger- alien yet bound by strict laws and code, which we'll never understand. we honor it by hungering a bit and giving it food once a year, as a way to sympathisze with our protector. but i want you children to remember this- we also watch it with all our eyes, for if it will ever try and feed on us! respect it, and fear it my children!"
Gruda rose from her chair to stoke the fire again. "are you hungry my children? are you hungry for real? got to sleep tonight thinking of the never ending hunger in the woods..."

did you enjoy? yes? no?

ondonaflash
2009-10-04, 07:35 PM
This isn't an entry, just a little blurb that came to mind as I read all of the other entries:

"Now I bin' thinkin' and I got some ideas. So you've got a guy who busts his balls to make a world, right? Does it in seven days even, works friggin' hard, amiright? An', an', an', an' this dude, he does it without a word, don't even tell nobody why, right? Right, so people philosophize, and guess, and try to figure out, and what I bin' thinkin', what I bin' thinkin', is that when you make a world in 7 days, mebbe what you want, what you want is just, fer someone to come up to you an' say "Dude, you did all that in seven days? that's really cool. Nice job! Thanks fer all the hard work!" Mebbe, mebbe, mebbe all a dude really wants is for people to notice what he's done for 'em"

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-10-04, 08:28 PM
Technically six days, and then took Saturday off. :smallwink:

waterpenguin43
2009-10-04, 10:44 PM
I have made a myth about a creation I call tear drakes:

The legend of the Tear Drakes:
Once, in ancient times, as mortal priests of Hextor and Heironeus fought due to the only recent schism between the brothers, two ancient civilizations started war. On the way to the civilization that worshipped Heironeus, a small boat belonging to a family of sailors was attacked by minions of Hextor, who mistakenly believed them to be part of the empire worshipping Heironeus. The sole survivor was a small girl called Serene, who had witnessed her screaming mother get pulled out of the rowboat Serene had escaped on by the Hextorites. She rowed and rowed and rowed, sobbing from her parents death, when she witnessed a great bronze dragon fly towards an island. She soon needed food, fresh water, and shelter, so she rowed towards the island. As soon as she arrived, she went in to the nearest cave, supprisingly like a human hallway, and after spending awhile crying, fell asleep. When she awoke, she was in some sort of library, except on top of a great glass window, looking into a beautiful reef, were great bronze eggs. Suddenly, the dragon she had earlier saw came to her, and asked, smiling: What is wrong, young one?
And Serene replied, telling all of her recent woe to her new friend, the bronze dragon comforted her, and this action of friendship attracted the notice of two gods in Celestia: Bahamut and Rao. The pair sent their aspects down, and after some discussion with the dragon and Serene, they took the little girls tears, wrapped them around the eggs, and suddenly, a beautiful scene took place; Three small, blue dragons with shimmering and watery scales had hatched from the eggs, and they then talked with Serene.
They were Tear drakes, the marine avatars of peace that had hatched from the eggs. Later, after the war had passed, with the rise of new gods, the group fetched the skeletons of Serenes mother and father, and with the magic of the two aspects, raised them as celestial beings, to join the crusade for peace.

Samus42
2009-10-05, 12:21 AM
(This is based off a campaign I'm in)
A long time ago, there was a group of adventurers who became legendary for their deeds on the southern continet of Momentai.
First was the Druid, Aluswyr with her trusty elf kenny. They say that before she took a permanent animal form, she took her quaterstaff of ultimate power and hid it somewhere in the forest she protected. Only the most devout followers of Obad hai could ever try to find it and use its power to protect the lands.
Next is the cleric, Sefa, that changes gods like they're going out of style. His beautiful cape of flying has been hidden in the deepest mist, the last spell he used before parting from the Earth. Only the most chaotic of adventures might track it down, then figure out how to use it.
Then there is Zed the barbarian's great club, which has decapitated (yes, decapitated) many creatures great and small. You need not to find it, but to train following his strcit methods to besome as great as him. This is a strict regimine of cooking, gathering a head collection, eating said heads, and pooping on Kenny the wolf.
Last but not least are the ranger twins, Rai and Rina. The leaf of a rare plant, the insignia of their clan can only be aquired from chanting the words "Obad Hai must have a plan for us" and "can I shoots it?" whenever the time is right.
Only the best adventurers have ever tried to get such great items, but to no avail.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-10-05, 08:11 PM
No more entries! I repeat: No more entries! Voting...start!

ondonaflash
2009-10-07, 12:40 AM
Archpaladin Zousha's "the Seven Gifts"

GreatWyrmGold
2009-10-17, 07:12 PM
Voting (long) over! Scores being determined (eventually)!