PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Archer

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2009-09-21, 11:06 PM
MY plan is to stay as far away from the front line as I can, while archiving the maximum damage possible for an archer. The group is evil, so rapter arrows are out.

I was not interested in having to run away every single round. Any official 3.5 material, other then Forgotten Realms is good. My class (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Zen_Archer_(DnD_Class))as been DM approved. We do run high powered campaigns.

Human Zen Archer lvl 13
Str: 14
Dex: 22
Con: 12
Int: 20
Wis: 27
Cha: 8

Fort: 9 Ref: 14 Will: 16 (18 vs enchantment)
AC 29 (4 armor, 6 dex, 1 deflection, 6 wisdom, 2 monk lvl)
Spell Resistance 23
Dark vision 30 ft

Speed 70 (gives +16 to jump)
BAB 9/4
Rapid Shot: 7/7/2
Grapple: 11

Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise shot, Rapid shot, Far shot, Ranged pin(CA), Master of poisons (for flavor,DotU), Knowledge devotion(CC), Luck Devotion(CC), Weapon focus (longbows)

Jack of all trades (to allow untrained checks, not needed as I put ranks in all my needed knowleges...suggestions?)

Class features: Zen Archery (per feat, also, can use wis in place of dex for feat requirements), Improved evasion, Ki Shot (wis to dmg), Slow fall 60 ft, Unarmed strike 1d6, Immune to disease, wholeness of body, Deflection Penetration (DC 24), Diamond body, Abundant step (920 ft), Diamond soul (SR)

Weapon: Energy Bow http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/animefunkmaster/EnergyBow.jpg

+ 19 attack bonus (+1 if knowledge check 15 or less, +2 if 25, +3 if 30= +4 if 35 +5 if 36 or more)
dmg 2d6 + 13 (+1 if knowledge check 15 or less, +2 if 25, +3 if 30= +4 if 35 +5 if 36 or more

Skills:
Balance 13 (5 ranks, 6 mod, 2 syn)
Climb: 17 (13 ranks, 2 mod, 2 boots)
Craft: Poison making: 21 (16 ranks, 5 mod)
Jump: 30 (ranks 8, 2 mod, 16 speed, 2 syn, 2 boots)
Knowledge:
Arcana: 20 (15 ranks, 5 mod)
Dungeoneering 13 (16 ranks cross class, 5 mod)
Nature: 20 (15 ranks, 5 mod)
The Planes: 13 (16 ranks cross class, 5 mod)
Religion: 20 (15 ranks, 5 mod)
Spot: 24 (16 ranks, 8 mod)
Tumble: 12 (6 ranks, 6 mod)

Stuff:
Quiver of Eholanna (the efficient one)
40 alchemical silver arrows
40 adamantine arrows
25 cold iron +1 mage bane arrows
Headband of Intellect +2
Goggles of the Ebon Hunter (MIC) +1 atk/dmg w/ ranged weapon darkvision
Periapt of wisdom +4
Ring of Protection +1
Gloves of Dex +4
Bracers of Armor +4
Belt of Ultimate Athleticism (MIC) (can take 10 on balance, climb, jump, swim, tumble. Can take 20 1/day)
Boots of Dragon striding (MIC) (+2 jump, climb, climb speed = to land speed 10 rounds 1/day)

By my Math I should have 3370 left over to craft poisons, buy potion, ect.
What do you think of the build. What can I improve without getting to complicated (trying to avoid to many spells, 10 class builds, ect.)

ericgrau
2009-09-21, 11:48 PM
Stats: Any reason why your con is so low and your int is so high?

Feats: Far shot means you'll be firing from at least 120 feet away. Is this so?

Gear: Get boots of speed for more shots via haste. In a couple levels or so you'll want to trade in that bow for a better one. Not giving bonus damage on special arrows is also a bit of downer. A dusty rose prism ioun stone provides a +1 to touch AC for less gold than increasing bracers from +3 to +4. Normally I'd recommend bracers of archery for a cheap +1 to hit, but you already have bracers of armor. Maybe you can see if there's a party magic to tag you with mage armor instead.

That class has great magical resistance but that mid BAB means you'll be landing less hits and thus dealing less damage than a full BAB archer. Especially if you try to use that bow's AB => damage special ability. Also be sure to get some strong healing potions since potions get past your SR.

PinkysBrain
2009-09-22, 07:50 AM
MY plan is to stay as far away from the front line as I can, while archiving the maximum damage possible for an archer.
You mean for a monk archer ... why do people want to build on such a sad framework? The archery version might be SAD, but it's still sad. Having Wisdom synergy is nice and all, but you don't have full BAB ... hell you don't even have flurry any more to compensate.

This is simply nowhere near up to snuff with a "simple" Ranger archer with non core spells/items ... maybe If you at least had UMD so you could use archery spells.

PS. didn't we have this thread already?

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2009-09-22, 08:22 AM
ericgrau:

INT was to give additional skill points, higher knowledge checks (see knowledge devotion feat) and flavor. Gives me more damage and a equally higher chance of hitting. I am hoping to be smart enough to run, jump or climb my way away from my enemies.

Feats: Not likely I'll need far shot, no.; a suggestion on a better feat is

welcome. Is there a feat that lets me have UMD as a class skill? I am willing to dump jack of all trades as well.

Gear: I'll go with the ioun stone, thanks for the tip.

The bracers archery provide +2/+1 to hit/dmg, the goggles provide +1/1 for less gold, give short darkvision, and take up an otherwise unused body slot. There are lots of good bracers, not to many useful goggles. Horrible thinking?

Let me find out which version of haste we are using and I'll look into those boots. But your right, I should have gotten them. (or maybe a wand of haste....or just a want of jumping...)

We've got two assassins and a offensive spell caster; I bet I'd have to buy a wand of mage armor to get it cast. But that is simple enough.

And you are right about the bow, however, it is the best one I can buy with my current GP limit. The ability to hit incorporeal rarly comes up in my group, but is always a good feeling to have.

PinkysBrain, a build is welcome if you have one I can look @. lvl 13. 90 point buy (1 = so a score of 10 = 10 points.

PinkysBrain
2009-09-22, 09:33 AM
Persisting archivists and artificers are of course even better ... but they are high level cheese, so simply Ranger 13.

Take the PHB2 ACF to cause flanking with your shots instead of your animal companion (even with 2 assasins it will come in handy). Get a minor metamagic wand of quicken, some pearls of power and wands/scrolls of any ranger spells you fancy casting often. A wand bracelet (Magic of Eberron) and a wandsheath (Dungeonscape) to get rid of the actions necessary to retrieve them (a rolled up scroll is no larger than a wand, so they both fit in the wand bracelet).

It's a pity FR books are out, CoR has a lot of nice spells ... but even with just SpC there are Arrow Storm, Find the Gap, Hunter's Mercy, Briar Web etc.

Buy a couple of arrows with a ton of X burst enhancements for those special cases when stuff really has to die, cast a quickened Hunter's Mercy and roll them dice.

Cieyrin
2009-09-22, 12:58 PM
Persisting archivists and artificers are of course even better ... but they are high level cheese, so simply Ranger 13.

Take the PHB2 ACF to cause flanking with your shots instead of your animal companion (even with 2 assasins it will come in handy). Get a minor metamagic wand of quicken, some pearls of power and wands/scrolls of any ranger spells you fancy casting often. A wand bracelet (Magic of Eberron) and a wandsheath (Dungeonscape) to get rid of the actions necessary to retrieve them (a rolled up scroll is no larger than a wand, so they both fit in the wand bracelet).

It's a pity FR books are out, CoR has a lot of nice spells ... but even with just SpC there are Arrow Storm, Find the Gap, Hunter's Mercy, Briar Web etc.

Buy a couple of arrows with a ton of X burst enhancements for those special cases when stuff really has to die, cast a quickened Hunter's Mercy and roll them dice.

How're you getting off a quickened Hunter's Mercy? Wands cap out at 4th and that's 5th level. Using the rod requires a free hand, both of which are on the bow. You'd have to draw it at some point, which is a move action, and then cast (swift action, thanks to the rod), drop the rod (free action), put the 2nd hand back on the bow (free action) and then full round attack. Too bad there's no such as a rod chamber, huh?:smallannoyed:

Well, either that or get some Ranger with a dip in Swiftblade to make that wand of quickened Hunter's Mercy for ya. That'd work perfectly. :smallwink:

PinkysBrain
2009-09-22, 01:06 PM
How're you getting off a quickened Hunter's Mercy? Wands cap out at 4th and that's 5th level. Using the rod requires a free hand, both of which are on the bow.
You can hold a bow in one hand (you generally do, you need the other to hold the arrow). Rods only weigh 5 pounds, so they could go inside the bracelet (gloves of storing work too).

Cieyrin
2009-09-22, 01:12 PM
You can hold a bow in one hand (you generally do, you need the other to hold the arrow). Rods only weigh 5 pounds, so they could go inside the bracelet (gloves of storing work too).

The glove is probably better, as you can't put it away quickly into a wand bracer, only draw quickly.

ericgrau
2009-09-22, 03:28 PM
Int: You should get a decent con for survability if you're not gonna be a mile away from the monsters. I'd figure out which skills are really essential, what DCs you need to make (maybe you don't need to max everyting), etc. That kind of stat could really be handy elsewhere.

Gear:

I meant lesser bracers of archery.
Even 3.5 haste is well worth it. Only reason I wouldn't get the boots is if a party caster can cover it.
For 18,XXX gp you can get 1d8 + 2d6 (2 energy types of your choice or holy or merciful or etc.) + strength mod damage, and the ability to stack that with any special arrow you want. That's more than what the energy bow gives. Though if you want to hit incorporeal (ghost touch enchantment), you only get 1d8 + 1d6 + etc. Still slightly more damage, and it's upgradeable later.
The problem with a wand of mage armor is that it only lasts 1 hour. Buy a pearl of power for 1,000 gp and give that to the party mage if he really wants the slot back. Assuming he's not a spontaneous caster.

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2009-09-22, 07:45 PM
ericgrau.

you are right about the bow; perhaps I'll change the bows up. & thanks again for all the help, I'll be making most of the changes you've suggested. I'll cruch some numbers on the int; maybe I'll drop some int for con or str.

taltamir
2009-09-22, 07:55 PM
INT was to give additional skill points, higher knowledge checks (see knowledge devotion feat) and flavor. Gives me more damage and a equally higher chance of hitting. I am hoping to be smart enough to run, jump or climb my way away from my enemies.
Your monsters are as smart as your DM. Unless your DM has trouble tying his own shoes "avoiding damage" is not gonna fly; this is NOT a computer RPG. (monks and archers with low con do great against crappy CRPG AI).

Casters can cast "long range" spells with much greater range than anything you can achieve, And MOST combat happens in enclosed spaces where you are in range of EVERYONE. And so on and so forth.
Your con is way way way too low. Con should be your second most important stat after dex. Heck more con is worth more than dex actually...
2 points of dex give you +1 to attack.
2 points of con give you +1 HP PER LEVEL.

Also, you are playing a half BAB class and expect to hit something? all those points of dex aren't compensating for your lost BAB, and lost BAB also means lost ATTACKS per round (since the amount of times you attack depends on your BAB)...

Archers are considered weak enough as it is, you should not even CONSIDER playing an archer with less than full BAB.

olentu
2009-09-22, 08:09 PM
Int: You should get a decent con for survability if you're not gonna be a mile away from the monsters. I'd figure out which skills are really essential, what DCs you need to make (maybe you don't need to max everyting), etc. That kind of stat could really be handy elsewhere.

Gear:

I meant lesser bracers of archery.
Even 3.5 haste is well worth it. Only reason I wouldn't get the boots is if a party caster can cover it.
For 18,XXX gp you can get 1d8 + 2d6 (2 energy types of your choice or holy or merciful or etc.) + strength mod damage, and the ability to stack that with any special arrow you want. That's more than what the energy bow gives. Though if you want to hit incorporeal (ghost touch enchantment), you only get 1d8 + 1d6 + etc. Still slightly more damage, and it's upgradeable later.
The problem with a wand of mage armor is that it only lasts 1 hour. Buy a pearl of power for 1,000 gp and give that to the party mage if he really wants the slot back. Assuming he's not a spontaneous caster.

One might still buy a memento magica for the spontaneous one if a lot of first level spell are used.

PId6
2009-09-22, 09:06 PM
Do not switch that bow out. That bow is the only way of getting Power Attack on a bow and will get you phenomenal damage if used right. Just get your additional enhancements like Holy on your arrows, and keep the bow as is.

A good build for damage and survivability is Scout 3/Ranger 1/Scout +1/Ranger +7/Cleric 1.

Take Swift Hunter with your 5th level bonus feat, and take Improved Skirmish at 6th level. This nets you a total of 5d6/+5 skirmish when you move 20 ft, 3 favored enemies (best as Elemental, Undead, and Construct), Rapid Shot and Manyshot as bonus feats, and ranger spell slots (which can be supplemented with cheap Pearls of Power). The single cleric dip is for two good domains and Turn Undead, which you use to fuel Travel Devotion (a must for this build). Extra Turning or Nightsticks may be necessary for even more Travel Devotion goodness, letting you move and full attack on the same turn to activate skirmish.

When you level up, take another level of ranger and then take two levels of Highland Stalker for a skirmish damage boost, followed up by more ranger for more spell slots.

SoD
2009-09-22, 09:13 PM
You mean for a monk archer ... why do people want to build on such a sad framework? The archery version might be SAD, but it's still sad. Having Wisdom synergy is nice and all, but you don't have full BAB ... hell you don't even have flurry any more to compensate.

This is simply nowhere near up to snuff with a "simple" Ranger archer with non core spells/items ... maybe If you at least had UMD so you could use archery spells.

So he comes here for help with his build, and your advice is; "That class sucks. Play this class instead." Somehow I don't think that's what he was wanting.

Your monsters are as smart as your DM. Unless your DM has trouble tying his own shoes "avoiding damage" is not gonna fly; this is NOT a computer RPG. (monks and archers with low con do great against crappy CRPG AI).

Correction; the monsters are as smart as the DM plays them. Big difference.

For Archer advice, may I push you in this (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19866186/The_Ultimate_Archer_Handbook) direction? You can ignore the class bits if you want, having already decided on the monk class, but if you check out the feat suggestions, and whatnot.

taltamir
2009-09-22, 09:22 PM
So he comes here for help with his build, and your advice is; "That class sucks. Play this class instead." Somehow I don't think that's what he was wanting.

a class is explicitly NOT a job... the character is explicitly not supposed to be "aware" of their class or other metagamish things... They are supposed to explicitly describe themselves "wrongly" based on flavor. And as an explicit example, all "bards" (the job) are explicitly said to NOT be "bards" the CLASS.

He can be a "monk", from a church, who follows his god... and have only warrior class levels.

Besides, the monk DOES suck and he asked for "maxed damage archer" not "maxed damage ranged monk", meaning that he seems to be trying to max damage and thinks a monk (the class) will be a better "archer" (the job). Not trying to make the best monk archer only and asking for fine manipulations... it will be a disservice to him NOT to inform him of his mistake and that he could make a far more effective ARCHER.

PinkysBrain
2009-09-22, 09:36 PM
I was nicer the first time in his first thread. Just wanted to warn other people that this was not the way to achieve "maximum damage possible for an archer". Don't need more monk lovers ... it will just end in tears.

Was it right to be that harsh? No .. meah culpa.

Myrmex
2009-09-22, 09:39 PM
If you can get better ways of not being hit, do it. A ring of blinking, an item that generates mirror images, whatever. Con's utility post level 15 is mostly against fort saves. If your DM wants to kill you with HP damage, you will die. It's exceedingly easy when your monsters get pounce as a feat, or more BAB for power attack than the party has collective levels. Having monsters with 3 or 4 levels of spellcasting while still being a melee brute is also much easier, as 4 levels of casting on a brute or whatever only adds +2 CR, but lets you wraithstrike & blood wind.

Ring of Blinking + Magekiller + Pierce Magical Protection. Helps to have sneak attack dice with that combo. 'Course, at those levels, illusions can be extremely substandard vs. most outsiders or things with mostly PC levels.

I would definitely want to play a class with spellcasting, since you need to make up for the holes an archery focused class has. I recommend going archivist, with a dip in contemplative or master of shrouds to get Undeath as a bonus domain for turning, then persisting divine power for all day full BAB. Combine with knowledge devotion for bonus damage, and party wide buffs for more +hit so you can power attack more reliably with that bow.

Little feat heavy, though. Make sure you scrounge around for caster level boosts so you don't run into opponents that open with a dispel magic against you ever battle.

PinkysBrain
2009-09-22, 09:48 PM
Sorry, I guess I just hate monks a little too much.

PS. edited the post ... so if you want you could remove the evidence of my passive aggressiveness :)

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2009-09-23, 09:02 AM
SoD: your avatar creeps me out, I dunno why. Also; I looked over that guide (although not all 100000 pages). What am I missing?

PinkysBrain: I understand you point, but I still play Gnomes, I like them. the group as two assassins (one of them knows all about optimization, and is walking away). Is the class perfect, no; is it a whole class biased around one feat (Zen Archery) yes. I came up with a concept I want to try, if it is horrible; I die and make another one.

That said I did read your post; I did not say Ebbron was out, mostly because I forgot it existed. The wand bracelet is out. I'll get dungenscape and check out a wandsheath. Are rods still active when they are in a glove of storing?

taltamir: Your right, I do want a more effective archer - I am willing to take a couple lvl dip or what not, but I do not want a super complicated build. I spent the last year in Iraq, and frankly, my gaming skills are on par with your average 10 year old right now. I hate to say that I need "small words" "written clearly", but I find myself spending a lot of time looking up some things or trying to follow concepts on this board. If I thought my DM would let me take zen archer as a fighter or ranger - and have it count for replace dex -biased prerequisites I would do that - but RAW that is only a feature of this class @ this time. And I like the idea of a person whos damage comes heavily from his brains (wisdom & int)

olentu: thanks for the additional tip on that magic item. Anybody know a source?

PId6: You spelled out a build. It is a little more complicated then what I want, but I'll take a close look at it (when I get the chance). Right now our game date is looking none-to-close :smallfrown: By then I might be able to figure it out. Got any suggestions on spells (I have access to anything but location books)

PinkysBrain
2009-09-23, 09:15 AM
That said I did read your post; I did not say Ebbron was out, mostly because I forgot it existed. The wand bracelet is out. I'll get dungenscape and check out a wandsheath. Are rods still active when they are in a glove of storing?
Well it's a metamagic rod, so it doesn't do you much good if you can't cast spells :) The wandsheath will still work though. If you get UMD or a small ranger dip you can still use a wand of Hunter's Mercy and scrolls of Find the Gap occasionally ... both of which are really good archery spells (especially with manyshot) even if you only use them when you can buff before combat starts.

PId6
2009-09-23, 11:59 AM
PId6: You spelled out a build. It is a little more complicated then what I want, but I'll take a close look at it (when I get the chance). Right now our game date is looking none-to-close :smallfrown: By then I might be able to figure it out. Got any suggestions on spells (I have access to anything but location books)
It's only three classes, and one of them is just for a single level dip. The ordering is for a few minor advantages (easier leveling which is moot here, and getting 6 more skill points overall), but that can be simplified if you don't care for it, since the benefits aren't that important. Ranger 8/Scout 4/Cleric 1 is about as simple as it gets with this one, and you just dump the rest of your levels into ranger. As long as you take Swift Hunter, Improved Skirmish, and Travel Devotion, the build should work fairly well.

Most of the good ranger spells are in Spell Compendium. For 1st level: Arrow Mind, Guided Shot, Hawkeye, Hunter's Mercy, Sniper's Shot (if it applies to skirmish), and Vine Strike. For 2nd level: Exacting Shot, Swift Haste, and Listening Lorecall. For 3rd level if you get that far: Arrow Storm and Find the Gap. I probably missed some but these are fairly decent. The 1st level ones are the most important, especially Arrow Mind, Guided Shot, and Vine Strike (in foresty areas).

ex cathedra
2009-09-23, 12:22 PM
If you're using homebrew for a wisdom-based archer, why not use this? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117933)

I'm of the opinion that it's one the better archer classes out there.

PId6
2009-09-23, 01:33 PM
If you're using homebrew for a wisdom-based archer, why not use this? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117933)

I'm of the opinion that it's one the better archer classes out there.
+1 to that suggestion. It's a great class that's fairly balanced and helps nicely with the deficient support for archers in WotC 3.5. If your DM allows it, that's your simplest and best choice.

ZiggZagg
2009-09-29, 06:01 AM
As someone that is close to the poster's DM, I think the class would probably be allowed for game play :smallcool:. Doesn't look too bad, and it has better concept and flavor than the Monk one.

As for what is allowed in the games, no Forgotten Realms or Eberron Material is allowed, simply for the fact that the DM doesn't like campaign source setting material. Generic content only.

As for the Persistent Divine Power cheese, we fixed the nightstick abuse in our campaign. 1 nightstick/character. You have "attune yourself" to said nightstick...so that clerics can't become more broken than they already are. Other than that, all the suggestions on the thread are very interesting. I'm glad he is tapping into a good community for tips since he has been gone for a period of time, and we sure are glad to have him back.

I personally favor archer builds uitilizing scout and rogue, making use of the Improved Skirmish and Swift Stalker (or whatever the feat is that allows Skirmish and Sneak Attack to stack).

PinkysBrain
2009-09-29, 10:40 AM
Sneak attack is generally hard to use on an archer at lower levels (before blinking) and even at higher levels getting greater manyshot will take up almost all your feats. Now I love rogue for the skillpoints, but if you don't need to be the skill monkey then Swift Hunter is the plain better archer because of BAB and bonus feats (and then there's the spells ... even if you think Hunter's Mercy is a bit cheesy how can you not love Arrow Storm?).

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2009-09-29, 11:50 AM
hum...I actually did not know that we fixed the night stick issue. I do not believe I have seen a copy of that email. I most protest. We must keep Clerics broken - it is the only way someone might play a cleric in our group.

(how long as it been since we've had a cleric? Two years???)

ZiggZagg
2009-09-30, 03:59 AM
Milo had one for the Tomb of Horrors just last year before you left. And Clerics are still broken. Core rules only, they are the most broken class in the game. With all the supplements, doubly so. I hear the Artificer from Eberron is even worse, but I refuse to use any of that cheese, so Cleric still tops out.

Swift Hunter is very nice as well. To be honest, I don't know many of the ranger spells. I will have to look into this, as many on this thread say that some of them are kinda decent.

So yeah, Kane. Either fix the one you have with the nice suggestions by these kind board members, or take a look at that class a few posts up. Just let me know what you are doing.

Myrmex
2009-09-30, 04:07 AM
Sorry, I guess I just hate monks a little too much.

PS. edited the post ... so if you want you could remove the evidence of my passive aggressiveness :)

Done & done.

Triaxx
2009-09-30, 07:24 AM
Here's a feat that might interest you. Archery flavored Power Attack, works with any bow, so you don't have to have the one you're packing.

Overdraw
Prereq: Str 15, Dex 17
Effect: A character with overdraw may draw their bow farther than normal, sacrificing accuracy for the potential to do more damage. For each two BAB sacrificed, one damage is added to the arrow's potential damage. Damage stacks with Composite bows, but may not be used on crossbows.
Normal: May not overdraw bow.

Medic
2009-09-30, 09:09 AM
Well my post didn't get through for some reason however Scout 5/Ranger 8 with greater manyshot.

looks like +14 to hit with 3 arrows dealing 2d6 + 6 + 6d6 per arrow on up to three targets or all three to a single target.

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2009-10-01, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the idea medic, I posted yesterday to. No record of it. Guess the forum had a hiccup. IT happens.

ZiggZagg
2009-10-02, 10:39 AM
Where did that feat come from, Triaxx? If it is homebrew, it won't be allowed in the campaign. our DM is pretty tight about nonofficial rules as it is. It's kinda surprising he is letting this homebrew class fly.

jiriku
2009-10-02, 04:35 PM
You're missing Knowledge (local) to make Knowledge Devotion checks against humanoids.

Right now your accuracy is a little low but passable, but your damage per hit is a little more than 20, which is more appropriate for DPS character of half your level.

You need a SERIOUS increase in damage output and a modest increase in accuracy to excel in your role. Consider putting some bane enchantments on your bow against the most common creature types you face, and getting bane arrows for the less common types. Energy enchants are good too. Another option is the penetrating shot enchant (not sure of name, away from books), which makes your shots affect every target in a 60' line. This compensates for the lower damage output by allowing you to apply that damage to several creatures per shot.

Akal Saris
2009-10-02, 04:43 PM
Well, you already took Master of Poisons, so here's a link to a handbook on poison use, good poisons, etc. (And also a Shameless self-plug!)

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4854.0

Good luck and have fun!

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2009-10-02, 05:57 PM
Good eye Akal Saris. Thanks

oxinabox
2009-10-03, 06:19 AM
Races of the Wild: woodland Archer [tatical].
Does nice things to rapid shot (or to Greater manyshot).
If you hit someone with concealment, once during a volley attack. all arrows after don't suffer misschance from concealment.
If you miss during one of your volley attacks, the rest of the attacks are made at a +4 bonus.
and then theres something about shooting the hiding...