PDA

View Full Version : The Quori civil war

Samb
2009-09-22, 12:01 AM
You have been tracking the assassin Araian for weeks now. As any good assassin, he was hard to find but finally, you have him in your sights......

Araian was a rising star among the Boromar Clan, but just being an assassin was not enough to perk your interests. His group of assassins have been snooping around, looking for clues on kalashtar enclaves after the death of two a Reidra embassy guard on embassy grounds. Eye-witness reports state that the assailants wielded glowing blades. The elders feel that this is a fame up and that the famous Boromar Clan was hired to give the appearance of avoiding diplomatic entanglements. You were tasked with the job to bring Araian back so that the telepaths could questions him.

On this quiet foreboding night in an alleyway of Sharn you had Araian in a deadend. Something seemed too easy about this........

"So you finally decided to make your move?" he hissed. "Is it not enough to try and assassinate the Reidra ambassadors but now the kalashtar wish to make enemies with the Boromar Clan as well?"

he has his back to you facing a deadend. He is 30 feet ahead of you. The allyway is about 5-6 feet wide, 60 in length and several stories high (this is the city of towers afterall

Mantid
2009-09-22, 11:41 AM
Heshvimelk

Leaving his cutting wheels in his sash, Heshvimelk takes a step forward. "We owe you no answers," the avatist says. "We have you cornered. If you thrown down your arms and cooperate, you may come out of this unscathed."

If he isn't already, Heshvimelk will take the opportunity to gain his psionic focus, giving all Kalashtar in the group (well within 60 feet) a +2 to initiative and reflex saves.

[roll0] if needed. Edit: Phoo.

If he is already psionic focused, he will ready a stunning fist attack if the assassin moves/is in range and aggressive move.

[roll1]
[roll2]
Fort save DC: 17

[roll3] in case he tries to be sneak about attacking!

Ennui
2009-09-24, 03:14 PM
Void

"If everything one hears about him is true, we hardly have him cornered."

Though the snow-white mane of his hair and a faint blueish glint reflecting the light of a far away lantern off his armor is the only thing clearly visible in the darkness, the unnatural beauty and presence of the Inspired Renegade is by no means diminished by that. His voice is strangely harsh for one of his race, and to see an Inspired in the trappings of the Path of Light is almost bizarre.
Still, Void can emenate reassurance and trusworthyness if, like now, he chooses to do so.

"This is either the attempt to simply get rid of us, which of course won't work, or you need information. I suppose it would be too naive to think you might be willing to give us what we want to know in return?"

Rolls

Diplomacy to get him to talk more: [roll0]
Sense Motive to judge his intentions and wether he believes what he says: [roll1]

"Or do you really hope to defeat us?"

Samb
2009-09-24, 11:17 PM
"Ah it looks like you got me brave warriors, truly I am at your mercy, as you see I am unarmed." he said as he turns to face you with his arms up to the sky. The assassin's eyes are calm and collected.

"So you must be the traitor Murakhakr, or should I say Void, that everyone in Sarlona is talking about. Indeed this mission is turning into a massive success."

Last you checked no one on Khorvaire knows of your old Inspired name......

Mantid
2009-09-25, 07:09 PM
Heshvimelk

The monk resists the temptation to glance back at Void, but instead keeps his attention on the assassin, trying to keep his stance as nonthreatening as possible while still keeping his muscles tense and ready to react if the assassin makes a move to attack or escape. Heshvimelk waits for Voids response to the assassins sudden admission to determine how they should confront this new revelation about the Boromar Clan.

Keeping a readied action for stunning fist.

[roll0]

Ennui
2009-09-27, 02:45 AM
Void

"It seems the mighty Boromar Clan is turning into nice little bloodhounds for the Dark. Quite... touching. Now, do you have something important to say, or are you finally going to run?"

His old name triggered something, and the harshness in Void's voice has been replaced with an ugly, almost slime-like drawl, like that of a stereotypical nightmarish psychopath who's about to kill. A faint deep purple glow seems to have replaced his aura of calm and wisdom.

Intimidate roll to either make him come with us, or at least to let slip more information:[roll0]
Continuing Sense Motive:[roll1]

Samb
2009-09-27, 07:50 PM
"Why Void, what Dark are you referring to? I was just asking around for the ones who killed the guardsmen in the Reidran embassy. Sounds like soulknives doesn't it? Your kind became natural suspects."
Araian let out a smirk. It was clear he was neither scared or as unprepared as he let on.
"You two wouldn't know who did it would you?"

Hashvimelk spots movement in the windows behind and above your group......

Mantid
2009-09-27, 11:44 PM
Heshvimelk

Tracking the moment out of the corner of his eye, Heshvimelk calls on his innate powers to form a mindlink with his companion.

He may not be alone. There is something moving in the windows behind us. Could be curious onlookers, could be trouble. Be prepared.

Ennui
2009-09-28, 07:57 AM
Void

Of course he isn't alone, that would be foolish.

"I do know that you wouldn't get your money if you got the real murderes, but so do you, I suppose."

Void takes a deliberately long pause and looks around behind him and upwards, a smile forming while he does so.

"Last time I ask, as it seems our little small-talk is soon to be over, are you coming, running, or do you really want to try your luck?"

Intimidate: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]
Concentration to become focused: [roll2]

Mantid
2009-09-28, 11:11 PM
Heshvimlk

The atavist places his hands on his cutting wheel, slipping them out of his sash and bringing them quietly to the ready at his sides.

They have really gotten to you, haven't they? Try to collect. If we're surrounded by the Boromar Clan, we need to keep level heads to get out of this.

Samb
2009-10-02, 06:55 PM
"Looks like the suspects are......uncooperative In a flash two glowing blood red mindblades form out of his hands. Last you checked he was not soulknife......
The movement you heard from behind suddenly turns into arrows pointed at you.

Please roll for init or just repost it here

Mantid
2009-10-02, 07:35 PM
Heshvimelk
HP: 51/51 AC: 18 PP: 24/24

Heshvimelk crouches low as the arrows rains down. Lifting his triangular blades up from his sides, he mentally calls out to the shards embedded across the back of his shoulders. A ghostly tentacles seems to extend from his body, covering him in a translucent mass or writhing strings of ectoplasm.

Just posting my action for whenever it happens, given nothing happens to prevent it. Just activating his Ectoplasmic Armor.

[roll0], +2 if I was allowed to be psionicly focused prior to the start of the campaign.

Ennui
2009-10-03, 02:38 AM
Void

Initiative: [roll0]

"Fool...", Void says into the night, and you are not sure if he means his opponent or himself, probably both.

If there is any possibility of cover from ranged weapons, Void will move there first, and manifest Animal Affinity (+4 strength). If not he will charge straight for the soulknife, calling his mindblades into existence and attacking with them.

Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]