PDA

View Full Version : What feats should I take for a Rearranger (transmutation wizard)?

taltamir
2009-09-22, 12:19 AM
I am playing a level 3 human Rearranger: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99314
Which is basically a transmutation ONLY wizard (with a few select spells from other schools). I have access to all spells from the spell compendium and core, except for shape changing and summoning spells, they are all banned / heavily restricted / not available to my class to begin with... oh, no greater teleport either.

Recently I have started playing PnP DnD again after a very long break. I didn't play all that much before. And in the interim I played tons and tons of NWN, NWN2, TOEE, and pretty much any other D20 CRPG ever made (really, I looked them up on wikipedia and made a point to aquire them and get them to work on a modern machine).
So I got quite a lot of "CRPG corruption" so to speak. For example I often confuse what a feat or skill does in NWN for what it does in PnP (my most common game, really I played it more than most people play WOW).

I am basically looking for feat suggestions. I can't seem to find feats that I would really like to take. Feats allowed are basically core, or non core with DM approval (plus a few house ruled ones).

We get feats every even level instead of every 3rd level. plus the class and race of course
So far I have taken the following feats:
Level1: Collegiate (2x spells gained at level1 and at level up), spell focus (transmutation)
Level2: greater spell focus (trasnmutation).

I got through the class:
familiar, armor proficiency light, spell casting, no ASF in light armor, weapon proficiency simple, and "instant creation" (can magically craft cheap mundane items)

I am going to take improved familiar (yes, I know it should be celestial familiar) at level either level 4 or 6, to get an eladrin coure familiar

Further house rules:
Skill focus = +4 in skill plus it becomes class skill
alterness or any other +2/+2 skill feat gives you both as class skills.

I am running short on what feats to take... so far I have been considering the following:
1. Someone mentioned a feat in a different thread that lets you use your int for your ref saves. That sounds awesome if I can get it. I need to know which book it is from though to even suggest it to DM.
2. Toughness (2HP + 1HP per HD)
3. Weapon focus (touch & ranged touch attack spells) - DM said they are together. +1 to attack with spells
4. Maybe spell penetration?

I have absolutely NO idea what to take in future levels and I have been informed that the feats I am wanting to take are not good choices. Besides which, I got so many feats coming that I'd run out of those choices too and have to start taking skill focus just to take something... I need recommendation for feats. Please include a short description of what they do and what book they are from, not just their name (if I knew about them I would have taken them already, so any feat you suggest I probably never heard of).

EDIT:
The world is, well not low magic, but not high magic either... There are 0 level 20 caracters in the world; but we know a level 15 one. There is some pretty uber magic, but we can't just go to the store and buy anything in the DMG.

Collegiate has been super useful as magic and money are erratic to come by. At level three I am now 13 gp in debt, I have only managed to acquire spells from levelup.
My only non mundane/cheap item happens to be a powerful custom cool magic item I acquired (a semi aware spellbook)... that will literally kill me if I try to sell it (i didn't ask, but I overheard my DM saying it to another player), not that I even want to, it is pure awesome. Point is, a feat that replicates something that a certain magic item can do better is not necessarily useless.

taltamir
2009-09-22, 09:19 AM
tl:dr just read the next part
Wizard who is limited to transmutation spells, level 3, gets new feat every even level. Needs feat suggestions.

technophile
2009-09-22, 09:46 AM
Metamagic feats are pretty standard for wizards; you can start Extending/Quickening/etc your transmutation spells. Spell Penetration etc are useful when you start running into creatures with SR (which will happen more and more as you level).

You could look at the Reserve Feats from Complete Mage, although I think mostly people think they're underpowered (with the exception of the teleport and shapeshift ones) at anything over low character levels. Then again, with extra feats it may be worth using them (and potentially retraining later).

Spell Focus in a second school (if you can) in order to get into Archmage might be useful, unless you don't want to or can't get into that PrC. You don't need it until 13th level, though, so no need to take this early.

There's always Improved Counterspelling. :smalltongue:

Cyclocone
2009-09-22, 10:29 AM
I am running short on what feats to take... so far I have been considering the following:
1. Someone mentioned a feat in a different thread that lets you use your int for your ref saves. That sounds awesome if I can get it. I need to know which book it is from though to even suggest it to DM.
2. Toughness (2HP + 1HP per HD)
3. Weapon focus (touch & ranged touch attack spells) - DM said they are together. +1 to attack with spells
4. Maybe spell penetration?

1. That would be Insightfull Reflexes from CAdv (IIRC). The will-save equivalent is Keen Intellect from OA.
2. Improved Toughness is generaly looked down upon as being sub-par.
3. :smallyuk:
4. Very decent choice, though not as usefull early on.

Besides that, Metamagic School Focus (Transmutation) from CMag is always nice.
Quicken is awesome, waiting until level 20 to get it isn't.
Split Ray is good.
So is Sculpt Spell.

Then there's the usual suspects like Spell Mastery+Uncanny Forethought, Arcane Disciple, Craft Contingent Spell etc.
Might not want to get to close to these.

taltamir
2009-09-22, 12:06 PM
seems like some metamagic feats are really awesome, i used to look down on them but no more...

question, will metamagic school focus apply individually to each metamagic feat applied?

aka, twinned spell is +4, split ray +2. is a twinned split spell reduced to +5 or to +4 with the metamagic school focus? I am guessing to a +5. (shame, a twinned + split ray disintegrate looks awesome)

Then there's the usual suspects like Spell Mastery+Uncanny Forethought, Arcane Disciple, Craft Contingent Spell etc.
Might not want to get to close to these.
What do you mean? why not?

arguskos
2009-09-22, 12:57 PM
They are broken. Such feats tend to be disallowed due to being overly powerful or way too cheesy.

For example, Arcane Disciple is often used to alter the Wiz/Sor spell list to give them powerful, divine-only, spells, such as Divine Might, Darkbolt, or similar. Also, due to the constraints of my setting, it is also disallowed.

Craft Contingent Spell is too broken to discuss here. :smalltongue:

Concerning Improved Familiar, you'll need to ensure you acquire the coure at the allowed level (7, IIRC).

taltamir
2009-09-22, 03:07 PM
They are broken. Such feats tend to be disallowed due to being overly powerful or way too cheesy.

For example, Arcane Disciple is often used to alter the Wiz/Sor spell list to give them powerful, divine-only, spells, such as Divine Might, Darkbolt, or similar. Also, due to the constraints of my setting, it is also disallowed.

Craft Contingent Spell is too broken to discuss here. :smalltongue:

Concerning Improved Familiar, you'll need to ensure you acquire the coure at the allowed level (7, IIRC).

yap. but i have to take the feat on level 4 or 6 since there is no feat gain on level 7. level 5 is a metamagic feat or reserve feat only.

I didn't realize he meant avoid because of broken, i thought avoid because of suck, in which case i was wondering why mention them. This makes more sense. (i am not familiar with those feats so i didnt know they are broken)

is Insightfull Reflexes from CAdv (IIRC). The will-save equivalent is Keen Intellect from OA ok?

I get a feeling i should invest the two feats in spell penetration.

So far I am planning on:
lvl4: spell penetration
lvl5: split ray
lvl6: Improved familiar
lvl8: greater penetration.
lvl10: two metamagics of choice.
lvl12+: don't know.

Am considering taking houseruled toughness at lvl4, penetration on 8, and pushing greater penetration to 10... thoughts?
I got REALLY close to dying several times... closest was a -9 HP. And I got a con 17... total HP at level 3 is 19.

And actually, most of the party would have died in that encounter if it wasn't for some lucky rolls... if i had this houseruled toughness feat i would not have been knocked unconscious that early in the battle and maybe could have helped... (that battle was out of whack to begin with... one very strong opponent, one so so opponent. i critted the very strong one with a longspear for very good damage for most of his health, he critted me on his counter attack and rolled crazy good damage, knocking me down to -4 from full health in one hit.)

after these suggestions i have more good feats to take than feat slots... actually makes me regret taking spell focus + greater focus. ;p.

unless, is spell focus better than i think it is?

taltamir
2009-09-22, 08:08 PM
what about Spell Mastery+Uncanny Forethought?
I read the descriptions of those two and frankly, they seem underwhelming. very limited spontanous casting at the price of two feats and lowered CL for casting? big eh... This really doesn't seem all that good, frankly I Wouldn't even bother with it...

It might start to become useful if you have a really utterly ridiculous int score, but still not a very powerful use for two feats...

For example, Arcane Disciple is often used to alter the Wiz/Sor spell list to give them powerful, divine-only, spells, such as Divine Might, Darkbolt, or similar. Also, due to the constraints of my setting, it is also disallowed

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/demon_1/class_arcane_disciple.htm

Reading about it, it seems like it does the opposite, it takes arcane spells and makes the divine, not vice versa... it looks like a crippled cleric to me with a cheesy flavor that loses a ton of cleric abilities, including the all powerful domains, spontaneous casting, and turning, to gain a few spells of choice (which they could have researched anyways, or gotten via domains, or let someone ELSE cast, or UMD).

I would rather play a real cleric (of the god of magic if I really want to worship arcane magic)... is there something about their power that I am misunderstanding?

PS. I have yet to meet a DM who allows godless clerics :). So it should be banned nearly everywhere.

PS. I am not trying to get you to "approve" them, I am just saying I don't see how they are broken.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-09-22, 08:43 PM
:smallconfused:
That's no Arcane Disciple I've ever heard of. Arcane Disciple is a feat in Complete Mage that adds the spells of one domain to your wizard casting capacity. IIRC, you can only cast them 1/day; and furthermore their saves are based on Wisdon, not Intelligence.

Spontaneous casting is nice to have.

taltamir
2009-09-22, 08:48 PM
:smallconfused:
That's no Arcane Disciple I've ever heard of. Arcane Disciple is a feat in Complete Mage that adds the spells of one domain to your wizard casting capacity. IIRC, you can only cast them 1/day; and furthermore their saves are based on Wisdon, not Intelligence.

Spontaneous casting is nice to have.

ah... multiple things with the same name, that explains it. Yea I wondered at the suggestion of a class when I asked for feats...

From what you describe, it is made out of pure cheese (both fluff and crunch)...

Is it 1/day PER SPELL? does it come with the slots for those or do they require use of your regular slots with a limit of 1/day per spell? cause that is a LOT of extra free "spell slots" so to speak per day.

also, is "craft contingent spell" just a contingent spell that doesn't expire after 1 day / CL? Because the wording is extremely vague... it can't be just an infinite amount of casting... otherwise you would just craft one to cast cure X on you whenever you are injured.

the ability to use contingency on other characters is nice, but it doesn't seem that great if it just allows you to waste a feat, a bunch of XP and gold to give you a contingency which does not need refreshing every 2 weeks.
Well, I guess it COULD save your life here and there... but you are playing in a focused team, not a lone wizard...

Leon
2009-09-22, 09:50 PM
If your Wiz has a Wis of 14 your going to be able to cast up to a 4th level Domain spell once per day per that domain

A use i like to have for it using in conjunction with Reserve spells - the "Domain" has the spell of X level and doesn't get used unless really needed thus keeping the Reserve powered

arguskos
2009-09-22, 10:21 PM
I am unfamiliar with Uncanny Forethought, but I have seen it banned in several places, so I am going to err on the side of caution till I can evaluate it better.

As for Craft Contingent Spell, it is ****ING BROKEN. It permits you to make anything into a contingent spell, including Teleport, Resurrection, TIME STOP, and a vast variety of other crazy spells.

Arcane Disciple gives you one extra spell slot per level that is ALWAYS filled with the domain spell.

taltamir
2009-09-22, 11:58 PM
As for Craft Contingent Spell, it is ****ING BROKEN. It permits you to make anything into a contingent spell, including Teleport, Resurrection, TIME STOP, and a vast variety of other crazy spells.
Yes, but is it MORE broken than contingent spell without the "craft" portion.. Oh wait, I see.. contingent spell is limited to 6th level spells, this ISN'T... so it is even more broken.
btw, question, is contingent spell the spell banned?

Arcane Disciple gives you one extra spell slot per level that is ALWAYS filled with the domain spell.

Ah, I read it as giving you access to spells without the extra slots. yea, tons and tons of free slots for free? broken as hell.

arguskos
2009-09-23, 12:10 AM
btw, question, is contingent spell the spell banned?
Depends. Do you have it on your spell list? (PS. no, you don't)

Ah, I read it as giving you access to spells without the extra slots. yea, tons and tons of free slots for free? broken as hell.
I'm going by memory here, but the bottom paragraph of the feat description should say you can prepare a max of one of those spells as a domain spell, which says to me "Ta-da! Free spell slots!" Even if it's NOT read that way, it adds some powerful divine spells to the already more powerful arcane lists, and I am uncomfortable allowing it.

taltamir
2009-09-23, 12:17 AM
Depends. Do you have it on your spell list? (PS. no, you don't)
But someone else might... Did I read in the college about wizards using it to save them from certain doom? I might not have it, but do I expect certain enemy casters to have it?

I'm going by memory here, but the bottom paragraph of the feat description should say you can prepare a max of one of those spells as a domain spell, which says to me "Ta-da! Free spell slots!" Even if it's NOT read that way, it adds some powerful divine spells to the already more powerful arcane lists, and I am uncomfortable allowing it.

I am not actually out to break the game you know :). Yes I agree it is too powerful a feat even without the free slots, and I think you have a point in that it probably does grant them by the raw.

arguskos
2009-09-23, 12:20 AM
But someone else might... Did I read in the college about wizards using it to save them from certain doom? I might not have it, but do I expect certain enemy casters to have it?
It's possible, yeah. But, you'll need to ask around the school. This is something to do in-game.

I am not actually out to break the game you know :). Yes I agree it is too powerful a feat even without the free slots, and I think you have a point in that it probably does grant them by the raw.
Yeah, basically. Didn't figure you wanted to break stuff, just clarify. :smallcool:

taltamir
2009-09-23, 01:20 PM
will do...

Ok, so... metamagic is gonna be a large portion of my feats.

So far I am looking at:
split ray
quicken
metamagic school focus

any other recommendations for useful metamagic?

woodenbandman
2009-09-26, 10:53 AM
Transmutation only with no shape changing? Wow.

Well you're going to be a buffer probably. Chain Spell could be useful. If you have a spell you like to use for damage (Disintegrate), Arcane Thesis could be useful for it. I'm sure there's also some reserve feats you'd like, and there's that one feat I forget the name of that gives you +2 to all stat bonuses your transmutation spells give.

taltamir
2009-09-26, 01:11 PM
yea, i intend to also split ray on disintegrate.

Arcane Thesis is banned.

As for shapeshifting... generic shapeshifting is banned, but specific creature isn't. I can get a spell that turns me into a wartroll, but not a spell that lets me or an emeny or a friend turn into anything i want.
So if I want to turn into a balor, I have to try and research a specific "turn into a balor" spell, and it might not exist or be beyond my means, depending on the creature i want to shapeshift into.

Keld Denar
2009-09-26, 01:27 PM
You can have MM School Focus but not Arcane Thesis? Thats kinda...odd. They both do just about the same thing. One is limited to 3 spells from 1 school, the other is limited to 1 spell ONLY. Unless you are making VERY extensive use of that one spell, you probably aren't gonna have more than 3 of them prepped with MM anyway. But whatever.

If you keep one of the "fixed" shape transmutations prepped, you can make use of Minor Shapeshift. That'll increase your resiliance a TON, since it gives you Temp HP = your CL every round, if desired, for the cost of your swift action (keeps you from Quickening spells) and holding a 4th+ level spell slot. Trollshape is a 4th level fixed shape polymoph which would allow you to gain all the benefits from Minor Shapeshift.

Um, does Companion Spellbond work for mages? Cause that might be another cool one. Then you could share a fixed shape polymorph like Trollshape on your familar, and it can venture up to 30' from you, instead of being leashed at 5'.

I'd highly recommend Quicken Spell as one of your main metamagics. The +4 spell levels hurts, but action advantage is HUGE. If you can take MMSF, use all 3 charges to Quicken spells, especially buffs, since they don't have saves which will be low despite taking a high level slot. Ray of Clumisness is a GREAT Transmutation spell to Quicken as well, being 1st level and lacking a save. Its a perfect lead in for a 1-2 punch that includes anything with a Ref save.

taltamir
2009-09-30, 05:15 AM
alright, I made a complete list of current feats wanted. copied down their descriptions, and started prioritizing.

However I cannot find the following:
Keen Intellect (OA)
Use int to make will saves

I don't know what OA stands for, and it is not listed in the crystal keep index.

currently desired feats:
Improved Familiar (houserule)
Will be able to take an Eladrin Coure familiar (by RAW requires celestial familiar)

Improved Initiative (PHB)
You get a +4 bonus on initiative checks.

Extraordinary Spell Aim (complete adventurer)
You can shape a spell’s area to exclude one creature from its effects.
Prerequisite: Spellcraft 15 ranks.
Benefit: Whenever you cast a spell with an area, you can attempt to shape the spell’s area so that one creature within the area is unaffected by the spell. To accomplish this, you must succeed on a Spellcraft check (DC 25 + spell level).
Casting a spell affected by the Extraordinary Spell Aim feat requires a full-round action unless the spell’s normal casting time is longer, in which case the casting time is unchanged.

Mobile Spellcasting (complete adventurer)
Your focused concentration allows you to move while casting a spell.
Prerequisite: Concentration 8 ranks.
Benefit: You can make a special Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level) when casting a spell. If the check succeeds, you can cast the spell and move up to your speed as a single standard action. (You can’t use this ability to cast a spell that takes longer than 1 standard action to cast.) If the check fails, you lose the spell and fail to cast it, just as if you had failed a Concentration check to cast the spell defensively.
You still provoke attacks of opportunity for casting spells from any creatures who threaten you at any point of your movement. You can cast defensively while using this feat, but doing so increases the Concentration DC to 25 + spell level.

Split Ray (complete arcane)
Your ray spells can affect an additional target.
Prerequisite: Any metamagic feat.
Benefit: You can cause any ray spell to fi re one additional ray beyond the number normally allowed. The additional ray requires a separate ranged touch attack roll to hit and deals damage as normal. It can be fi red at the same target as the first ray or at a different target, but all rays must be aimed at targets within 30 feet of each other and fi red simultaneously.
A split ray spell uses a spell slot two levels higher than the spell’s actual level.

Quicken Spell (PHB)
Benefit: Casting a quickened spell is an swift action. You can perform another action, even casting another spell, in the same round as you cast a quickened spell. You may cast only one quickened spell per round. A spell whose casting time is more than 1 full round action cannot be quickened. A quickened spell uses up a spell slot four levels higher than the spell’s actual level. Casting a quickened spell doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity.

Special: This feat can’t be applied to any spell cast spontaneously (including sorcerer spells, bard spells, and cleric or druid spells cast spontaneously), since applying a metamagic feat to a spontaneously cast spell automatically increases the casting time to a full-round action.

Sculpt Spell (Complete Arcane)
You can alter the area of your spells.
Benefit: You can modify an area spell by changing the area’s shape to either a cylinder (10-foot radius, 30 feet high), a 40-foot cone, four 10-foot cubes, a ball (20-foot-radius spread), or a 120-foot line. The sculpted spell works normally in all respects except for its shape. For example, a lightning bolt whose area is changed to a ball deals the same amount of damage, but affects a 20-foot-radius spread.
A sculpted spell uses a spell slot one level higher than the spell’s actual level.

Metamagic School Focus (complete Mage)
Prerequisite: Spell Focus (chosen school) or specialist wizard in chosen school.
Benefit: Choose a school of magic for which you have the Spell Focus feat, or the school in which you have specialized. Three times per day, you can reduce by one level the cost of a
metamagic feat applied to a spell of the chosen school. If you prepare spells, you can have only up to three such reduced cost spells prepared at any time.

Special: A wizard can select this feat as a wizard bonus feat. This feat can be taken more than once. Each time you take it, it applies to a different school of magic.

Insightfull Reflexes (complete adventurer)
Your keen intellect allows you an uncanny knack for evading dangerous effects.
Benefit: You add your Intelligence modifier (instead of your Dexterity modifier) to Reflex saves.

Keen Intellect (OA)
Use int to make will saves

Spell Penetration (PHB)
You get a +2 bonus on caster level checks (1d20 + caster level) made to overcome a creature’s spell resistance.

Greater Spell Penetration (PHB)
Prerequisite: Spell Penetration.
Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on caster level checks (1d20 + caster level) made to overcome a creature’s spell resistance. This bonus stacks with the one from Spell Penetration.

Sanctum Spell (Complete Arcane)
Your spells are especially potent on home ground.
Benefit: A sanctum spell has an effective spell level 1 higher than its normal level if cast in your sanctum (see below), but if not cast in the sanctum, the spell has an effective spell level 1 lower than normal. All effects dependent on spell level (including save DCs) are calculated according to the adjusted level.
A sanctum spell uses a spell slot of the spell’s normal level.

Special: Your sanctum is a particular site, building, or structure previously designated by you, and no larger than 20 feet/level in diameter. The designated area must be a site where you have spent a cumulative period of at least three months. Though a sanctum can be designated within a larger structure, its special advantages do not apply beyond the maximum area. Once designated, it takes seven days for a site to become a sanctum, and if you designate a new area to be your sanctum, the benefits of the old one immediately fade.

Toughness (houserule)
You gain a number of hit points equal to the number of hit dice you have plus
two. Each hit die you gain after taking this feat grants you an additional hit point.
You may only take this feat once.

Some feats in the list are there are curios that I might find use for later, but at the moment do not intend to take. For example, Sanctum spell.

Can someone think of a good use for sanctum spell?

PhoenixRivers
2009-09-30, 05:21 AM
It's easier to avoid enemies on PnP games, generally. This devalues feats such as Improved Toughness.

Basically, anything you can use to modify magic is good.

Metamagic, Saving throw boosters, Spell Focus/Greater Spell focus.

If you can get him to let it in, look up Arcane Thesis. Good for modifying spells with metamagic.

Craft Feats are good, as well, allowing you to get the items you really want. The XP loss generally self corrects in a party. Out of a party? Well, you're always on par with you.

taltamir
2009-09-30, 05:40 AM
It's easier to avoid enemies on PnP games, generally. This devalues feats such as Improved Toughness.
It is fairly low on my list... But only because the various "improve your ability to win with a spell" feats are there...
As far as avoiding damage, I find the opposite to be true. In CRPG you can exploit the stupid AI to avoid damage... in PnP the enemies have a brain and can easily get you.

Basically, anything you can use to modify magic is good.

Metamagic, Saving throw boosters, Spell Focus/Greater Spell focus.
Yap. I didn't consider it highly in the past, but that was because of NWN... now I see some of the awesome metamagic feats there are, I really appreciate it.

If you can get him to let it in, look up Arcane Thesis. Good for modifying spells with metamagic.
Thanks, but its banned

Craft Feats are good, as well, allowing you to get the items you really want. The XP loss generally self corrects in a party. Out of a party? Well, you're always on par with you.
We use custom crafting rules

PhoenixRivers
2009-09-30, 05:50 AM
Note: The single most useful metamagic feat, in my opinion, is extend spell.

At level 7-9, you can make many of your buffs last all day. By level 16? many spells can last multiple days, with this spell. For +1 Spell level, that's usually highly worth it.

Empower and maximize are harder to justify, without metamagic reducers, but quicken can see limited use.

arguskos
2009-09-30, 08:58 AM
You don't need Quicken tal, your class does it for you as a capstone.

Arcane Thesis is gone (good riddance).

Keen Intellect is from Oriental Adventures.

Extend Spell really is amazing. I personally endorse that recommendation as being a strong one, especially for the buffer mage. :smallamused:

Split Ray isn't that good for you tal, you don't have that many rays (unless you're taking this one for disintegrate exclusively...).

Metamagic School Focus and Sculpt Spell are also both excellent. I endorse those too. :smallwink:

taltamir
2009-09-30, 04:27 PM
Extend Spell (PHB)
Benefit: An extended spell lasts twice as long as normal. A spell with a duration of concentration, instantaneous, or permanent is not affected by this feat. An extended spell uses up a spell slot one level higher than the spell’s actual level.

it will definitely help with rope trick... what are some other useful spells to extend?

You don't need Quicken tal, your class does it for you as a capstone.
Only for transmutation spells. But yes, it is rather redundant. I can live with only quickened transmutations.

taltamir
2009-09-30, 05:25 PM
ok, I found keen intellect, but it does not give you int bonus to will saves.. Anyone else knows what the feat that gives int bonus to will saves is called?

KEEN INTELLECT [ANCESTOR]
You are descended from Agasha, the founder of the original Dragon shugenja school, a shugenja known for her keen intellect and powers of observation.
Clan: Dragon, Phoenix.
Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on intelligence checks and a +1 bonus on Knowledge, Scry, and Search checks .

Eldariel
2009-09-30, 05:50 PM
ok, I found keen intellect, but it does not give you int bonus to will saves.. Anyone else knows what the feat that gives int bonus to will saves is called?

KEEN INTELLECT [ANCESTOR]
You are descended from Agasha, the founder of the original Dragon shugenja school, a shugenja known for her keen intellect and powers of observation.
Clan: Dragon, Phoenix.
Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on intelligence checks and a +1 bonus on Knowledge, Scry, and Search checks .

The 3.5 version of Keen Intellect is in Dragon Magazine (318 has Oriental Adventures update) and basically just allows you to use Int instead of Wis for Heal, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival & Will-saves.

taltamir
2009-09-30, 05:58 PM
is it still ancestor based? because I am not level 1 anymore...

arguskos
2009-09-30, 09:14 PM
The 3.5 version of Keen Intellect is in Dragon Magazine (318 has Oriental Adventures update) and basically just allows you to use Int instead of Wis for Heal, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival & Will-saves.
Eldarial, would you mind posting the complete text of the feat, either here or in a PM to me?